• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is ONLY FOR DEBATE POSTS and votes. Thank you.

Voters:

Please, judge based on the quality of the arguments and who you believe would honestly win only. Please provide at least a few lines describing why you chose to vote for the side you did. Thank you for your participation.

Each voting period will be open for a maximum 48 hours, or anytime after 8 hours when voting exceeds a 4 to 1 ratio.

#2 Edited by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Debate 1. Assassination Squad Vs. Zets

Note to voters: Zetsumoto was operating under an outdated interpretation of the rules when he made arguments early on about not being able to bullet time. The assassination squad was also operating under an outdated understanding of rules about portals when they made the BFR argument. Neither of these cases should be held against them and I take responsibility for not properly communicating rulings/rule changes.

Because Zets changed bodies without any kind of permission or notice, mid-debate, all manga feats for his body must be struck from the record and cannot be considered towards his argument.

Assassination!

It's a cheerful morning, the sun breaking through grandiose window panes and splashing the room with golden light. The air is full of life as the chirping of birds and smell of cherry blossoms waft in on the faint breeze, making the curtains dance. A spacious palace, but quite empty. Nonetheless, it is a morning like this that should be cherished in times like these. They come few and far between these days. The air is still cool and heavy with morning dew. The silver candelabras shine in the morning sun, their candles burning low, still lit from the night before. A morning like this would reaffirm one's joie de vivre...or so you would think.

Setting:

Here, morning, approximately an hour after sunrise. Unpopulated.

No Caption Provided

Specifically you in this room when it happens. It is the left wing of the building as we look at it in the picture above.

No Caption Provided

Assume as we are looking at this picture that there are windows to the right, and directly behind us, but not to the left.

Details:

It is early morning, and a fellow boss has order a hit on you. You are unaware in story that this hit is coming unless you can argue that for some reason you would be able to detect the attack. This argument should be part of your introductory post if you wish to make it. You will post first.

Format:

The format for this debate will include 3 posts by each side.

1. First will be a brief introduction. This should include a short introduction of your character and his/her abilities, a short roleplay section, your initial strategy, and your major points on why you would win.
  2. Then will be a post focusing on counters. This should focus mostly on countering or tearing down your opponent's argument, but you may bring a few new points to the table.
  3. Last will be a concluding post. This may not bring any new feats or points to the table. It should focus on rebutting points already raised and summarizing the entire argument to that point and why you would win.

Voting will be open to the public, but I hold the final say. No participants in this scenario may vote.

#3 Posted by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Zets Post 1.

To all you would be assassins out there... get SCREWED!

Introducing, Sebastian, Criminal Mastermind!

No Caption Provided

Build:

• Mind: Izaya Orihara
  • Body: Juzuu Suzuya
  • Skills: Juzuu Suzuya
  • Advanced Gear: God Eyes (4 upgrades) // Black Kakari
  • Basic Gear: High Powered Sniper Rifle, no scope, hidden smallsword.
  • Basic Gear: Set of Throwing Knives

My Physical Stats and Skills in a Nutshell:

Loading Video...

As a note to the GM, most of his absurd cutting feats are because of weaponry, not his actual physical stats.

Detecting the Threat:

First thing's first. This is not a battle. This is a slaughter. It really doesn't matter how many people are coming after me. I have both the skills and the equipment to not only detect my would be assassins, long before they pose a threat to me, but to also eliminate them... Again... Long before they pose a threat to me.

To prove this, I'll start by pointing out that I have not one, but TWO different sensory enhancing artifacts at my disposal. The first is the, sentient and symbiotic, "Black Kakari". The Black Kakari is a magical liquid metal weapon that has bonded with my body and formed a symbiotic relationship similar to that of a Marvel Symbiote (Or perhaps closer to Haunt or a lesser Spawn). The magical energies permeating the artifact have enhanced my sense of hearing, smell, and sight, to a MASSIVE degree:

Sensory Feats:

Kylar felt himself filling, gloriously filling with magic, with power, and light, and life. He could see the very veins in his hands, the veins in the few remaining leaves overhead. He could see life squirming and wriggling everywhere in the forest. He saw through the grasses to the fox's burrow, through the bark of the fir tree to the woodpecker's nest. He could feel the kiss of starlight on his skin. He could smell a hundred different men from the rebel camp, tell what they'd eaten, how much they'd worked, who was healthy and who was sick. He could hear so much it was overwhelming, he could barely pull the strands apart. The wind made leaves clang against each other like cymbals, there was a roar that was the breathing of two-no, three large animals-himself, Sister Ariel, and one other. The leaves themselves were breathing. He heard the heartbeat of an owl, the thunderous wallop of... a knee hitting the ground.

That's just from my first artifact. My second artifact allows me to spot a tick on a sonic monkey:

No Caption Provided

It also allows me to see through illusions. I'll provide those feats in my second post if necessary.

With all that said and done, it is 100% impossible for any character in this tourney to catch my character by surprise.

In Addition:

My character is also capable of psychically sensing the sins of your characters:

Two soldiers chatted instead of walking their patrol routes froze at the sights. The first one was a relative innocent. In the other's eyes, Kylar could see that the man had accused a miller of witchcraft because he wanted the man's wife.

What this means:

Any character who has a mind willing to perform an assassination, and a skill-set that would allow them to do so, would have likely killed before. This means that I'd know about any kills you have done in the past, and would have a general idea of how you perform your crimes.

More importantly however; I'd gain an idea of who hired you to kill me.

Going on the Offense:

Now that I have established my ability to detect threats, I will now get into how I would go about eliminating them.

My choice of weapon for this, would be my trusty rifle. I will wait for each of would-be assassin to approach the house, and I will shoot them through the walls.

It's a basic .50 caliber rifle. Nothing particularly special about it in and of itself. However, the bullets will not be normal ones. Instead, I will coat them with pieces of the Black Kakari:

Here you can see that the Kakari's shape is malleable, and it's also capable of returning to him at will:

The ka'kari was turning to liquid and gliding through his fingers. His hands scrambled as they'd scrambled across the wood of the boat shop, and found nothing. The ka'kari slapped into Kylar's palm and formed an enormous punch dagger on his fist.

Here he uses it to coat his sword allowing it to absorb magic:

If he'd had time to think about it, Kylar wouldn't have tried to block magic with his sword-it was insanity to try to block magic-but it was his ingrained response. The flat of his blade hit the green globe of fire. Instead of bursting, the fire whooshed into the blade.

This will increase the durability of the bullets and as such, the penetrative power by a massive amount.

Here you can see the Kakari penetrating stone like a hot knife through butter:

Kylar brought some of the ka'kari to his fingertips, sharpened it into a claw, and tested it against the pillar. His fingers sank in like it was butter.

An imperfect replica of the Kakari was able to survive a volcano for a decent period of time:

The volcano won't destroy the red, I don't think. But it does put it beyond reach. Either the red will get caught partway down, but not all the way in the magma, and it'll be impossible for anyone to live long enough to grab it, or it will make it all the way down, soak up as much power as it can hold-a huge amount- and then release it. Over and over.

I'm halfway down the mountain when the volcano explodes.

Guess it made it to the magma.

By enhancing them with pieces of the Kakari, it will have the penetrative power to go through any of the walls of my mansion, striking your characters. Hell, even normal .50 Calibur Rifles can punch through stone:

https://youtu.be/QsgwcDOGJQY?t=148

https://youtu.be/GXEK7rcqO-Y?t=134 (If an old man can handle this recoil, my peak human can spray it like a laser beam)

Even lesser powered firearms can go through several stone walls:

https://youtu.be/X0qgQoej5zE?t=96

As bullets move faster than sound, there will be NO indication that they are coming. Furthermore, these are high velocity rounds. The bullets travel far quicker than that of usual firearms. The speeds should be enough to overwhelm even the fastest of characters allowed in this tourney.

To make matters worse for you, the kakari would negate any healing factors you may possess:

The ka'kari poured a dark liquid from his hand onto his sword. But then the liquid solidified as a thin sword. Kylar cut left and right and spider legs went flying. It wasn't like hacking through bone, he was shearing them off like butter. He dodged back, and the spider gathered its legs to itself, but this time, the stumps kept bleeding. They smoked and wouldn't allow new limbs to be grown there. It morphed back into the man with swords for arms, but now the wounds were on the man's chest, still flowing blood and smoking.

To provide some context, the Ferali are basically magical versions of John Carpenter's Thing. They are 100% amorphous shapeshifters made entirely out of souls and corpses. It's capable of shapeshifting wounds closed, and every single piece broken off is capable of moving on it's own.

Proving My Aim:

All ghoul investigators are trained in a wide variety of weapons, both melee and firearms. Here you can see Juzuu handling the recoil of an assault rifle with one hand:

No Caption Provided

While I do not recall him ever using a sniper rifle in specific, he has shown an absurd level of accuracy when utilizing throwing knives:

No Caption Provided

In order to throw knives like that, you'd need a MASSIVE level of speed, strength, and coordnation. Not only this, but you'd also have to factor in wind and potential drop to a far greater degree than you would a rifle.

If that's not enough evidence, then lets go back to my God Eyes:

The God Eyes slows my perception of time to a MASSIVE degree. So much so that my character is capable of thinking in nano-seconds:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Note: This does not break any reflexes rules, as my character's actual physical movements remain the same.

With that level of thought speed, time would basically be frozen to me. I'd literally have all the time in the world to perform all the trajectory calculations I could ever want or need, as well as all the time in the world to analyze your movements and predict which direction you will go the moment I pull the trigger.

Your characters are relying on reflexes, whereas my character is playing chess.

Mix that with my massively enhanced senses in other areas, and there's not a single reason why I wouldn't be able to replicate Deadshot level aiming skills.

In Summary:

• There's not a single skill or power in this tourney that would allow one to approach my property without me knowing about it. I'd also be able to know of any plans to attack long distance, and be capable of reacting accordingly.
  • There is no way your characters would be able to predict bullets coming at them through walls, especially when they are likely confident in whatever stealth abilities they may possess.
  • Even a normal .50 Calibur would go through my entire mansion. Coating them with Kakari would further increase it's accuracy/penetrative power, as well as counter any healing factor you may possess.
  • With my psychic sin sensing abilities, I'd be able to get a rough idea of your abilities if it ever came to a fight, and I'd also get an idea of who sent you to kill me.
  • Also, my character can go 100% invisible and naturally has no scent. I can provide feats in my next post if necessary.

I'd do an RP post, but it's kinda hard since I don't know what to expect from the fight just yet.

#4 Edited by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Assassin Team Post 1.

Assassination Sebastian: Prelude

Jade’s armor sits on a stand against the wall of a large room. Lightly plated armor, chainmail, and hardened leather, dyed crimson. Most high-ranking officers opt for less functional, far more elaborate armor. Jade spent her coin on functionality. It does have some aesthetics though. It’s practically required for the General of all Meridian. For the most part however, the armor is specially crafted to offer as much protection as possible for the least amount of weight. Jade prefers to be mobile. Sometimes though, even her flexible armor is too stuffy and restrictive.

A flash of light reflected off the high polish of the heavily used armor. Despite the many engagements the armor had weathered, she maintained it meticulously. A sharp hiss follows the flashing light, the swing of a curved blade as it parts the air. Jade allowed that blade to come close enough to her face that she could have puckered her lips to kiss the shinogi of the katana as it flew past. She would have smiled but for her discipline. The man who swung the blade froze, paralyzed at the thought of coming that close to killing his own General. “It’s okay Lieutenant Winston. I assure you that I am quite safe.” He let out a breath, readjusted his grip on the handle and prepared to attack again.

It was a large room. It had once been a ballroom for the former resident, a slaveowner of some notoriety. The room extended wide, with two rows of eighteen marble pillars that would take the length of Jade’s entire body to reach across. The walls once were lined with tapestries, though Jade had them torn down before she had moved in, during her inspection of the building. As a show a gratitude for her winning the war for Meridian, the government had given her a large estate. Instead of retiring to live a life of luxury, Jade turned the estate into a training compound for the Meridian army. All frivolous things were sold and then the money was given to those living in the poor houses. The walls now were bare, save for a large world map with Meridian at its center. Low burning torches lined the walls. Grooves in the walls were now visible where golden designs had been uprooted and sold off. This building predated the invention of electrical conveniences but to her men’s delight, it did not predate indoor plumbing. Two officers were positioned at both sides of all five doors to the colossal room. Twenty men filled the room itself, with Jade in the center. Each man brandished a weapon of their choosing. Jade carried only a practice knife. Iron with a blunted edge and rounded tip. The weapons of her sparring partners though, were very much killing tools.

They tried several strategies, sometimes trying to take her head on, other times attempting to launch a surprise attack from behind. Other times still, they would all rush her at the same time or try a tiered attack pattern. It didn’t matter because they could never touch her. These were no amateurs. But for all their skill gained in the military and indeed, in Jade’s own training classes, they were just men. Sometimes their own frustration caused them to lash out recklessly. On more than one occasion, Jade had to intervene to prevent them from hurting themselves or their fellow officers by stopping the attacker mid-strike. To her, they were moving in slow motion. She could see without seeing. She could taste their sweat in the air. She could smell their emotions that were well hidden behind grimacing or stone-faces.

She coiled and sprang at them, never causing them harm but rather, giving them taps to indicate that they had been struck. An injured soldier is less effective at his job and she wanted her men always to be ready for real combat. Her taps rang out like the beats of a drum. Every tap was met with a grunt or sigh from the man receiving it. They panted like dogs, wild and ragged but Jade’s breath was calm and steady. She saw herself as a tool of war in moments like these, not as a person. She moved with the grace of a snake, her movements were smooth and one action led fluidly into the next. Her small body weaved through the men like a needle through fabric.

As she was continuing to stretch and bend, one of her officers in the next room, a Second Lieutenant, could be heard receiving a letter and a whisper, describing its contents. Information, the most powerful tool in war. It was the deciding factor in the last war. It was what changed the direction of some wars of days long past as well. Jade always reminded her officers that information has the strength of an entire army. It can shatter the larger forces every time if only applied correctly. His boot heels clopped on the marble flooring as he approached. The men on the other side of the door moved aside to let the Lieutenant enter. Jade was in the middle of disarming a sparring partner when the Lieutenant entered. She waved her hand, indicating that the sparring session was over but one of the men did not quite catch it. He swung downward hard with his sword, like a man chopping wood. “No more time for games.” she thought to herself as she swat the sword away by striking its fuller. Jade knew that, inevitably, rumors that she cannot be cut would start to circulate. This was obviously not true, Jade was just as capable of being cut as any man or woman. Her reflexes were fast enough that no soldier could tell the difference however. To them, it looked like she swat aside the edge of the blade. Again, she held up hand to indicate that the session had ended, this time directly in front of the overzealous sparring partner, a Captain. He stood to attention, muzzled embarrassment registering on his face. “Ma’am… I...”

She interrupted, “I would like you all to practice more control. We are soldiers of the Meridian army, not barbarians. We must be able to recognize when our opponent is no longer a threat.” Turning to one of her officers observing the session, “Major. Please oversee the sparring session in the courtyard. The men are not yet tired. Switch them to practice weapons please.” She turned, knowing that her orders were already being carried out, to see the Second Lieutenant standing patiently.

“Approach, Lieutenant. What have you got for me?”. He hurriedly walked to her, saluted enthusiastically, which she met with a slight nod, then she turned away from him and returned to her armor stand where she was girding herself for the next battle.

“General, information you requested on the criminal underworld. Informants have given us every major player in the region, what they can do, where they live, their bodyguards, and their known associates. Also, one in particular is of note. He had someone killed in front of a tavern full of people.”

“Brazen.” She muttered as she fastened her armor down.

“Apparently, the poor soul had burned down one of this kingpin’s installations and then bragged about it.”

Jade pursed her lips. “Put all the information of this kingpin on my desk. I would like to analyze the data without interpretation or… bias.”

The Second Lieutenant snapped his heels together and straightened like a rod. “As you command!” He turned for her office. “Lieutenant?” Jade said softly.

“General?”

“Contact all major players known to harbor antipathy for this kingpin. See if they are willing to contribute resources to a mission. Also, send a message to Ms. Villain. Let her know that I have work for her.”

“It will be done.”

Once Jade was alone, save for the guards. She turned her attention to the large map on the wall and studied it for some time, appreciating the fine detail of the masterful artwork. Then she returned to her study. It would be here that she would draw up her plan.

===================================================================

Big shout out to Lukehero, MVP of the following.

Story Intro:

• Jade Knight & 2 Mysterious Figures Meet***
  • Person 1:"Since the age of 7 you've been skilled at the art of deception, but you've never been too hot at lying to me...What's this all about?"
  • Person 2: "If this White Portuguese plan of yours isn't about making money then what is it?"
  • Jade(Erik): "It's a plan...a set of contingencies & protocols capable of destroying Sebastian(Zets)."
  • Person 1: Stares in confusion** "You're gonna go to war?"
  • Jade:"That SOB brought the WAR to US." ..."Jesus guys count the dead, look at his weapons: God Eyes, The Black Ka'Kari,....he even tried to purchase illegal goods..THE GRIM REAPER SCYTHE!!" "What next reality warping?? He's got the power to wipe out the entire Kingdom of Meridian, and if we believe there's even a 1 % chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty...And we have to destroy him."
  • Person 2:"But, he is not our enemy."
  • Jade: "Not to today...all the years in Meridian, we've seen what promises are worth? How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?"
  • Person 1: "Good point...let's kill his ***."
  • Person 2: "I'll front some money :D ."
  • Person 1: "We can split the ticket, and send in some troops!!"
  • Jade: "Awesome, let's round up The Boys!!!!"
No Caption Provided

Sebastian V General Jade Knight: Dawn Of Gaslight Empire(CUE MUSIC LINK)

TEAM INTRO: THE BOYS"THIS IS GOING TO HURT"

SNIPER TEAM ALPHA:

LannibaleHecter: Hex

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
  • Class: Jack of All Trades
  • Body: Daredevil(Daredevil's Super Human Senses Explained)
  • Mind: Spike Spiegel(Basic Highlight Tape)
  • Skills: Best Tiger(Fighting Blind Expert, Wrecks An Entire Group Of Ninjas With 1 Bullet)
  • Bonus Skill: Stealth Agent 47(Breaks Into The White House and Kills The President & 2nd Best Assassin In The World) Best To Scroll Through The Video, It's Like 14 Mins...
  • Powers: X-ray Vison
  • Gear: Jericho 941 with Adamantium Bullets

Non-combat skills:

• Tracking 100 - Composite Batman : (Trained under Henri Ducard, the world's greatest man-hunter. He taught him tracking and how to think like a criminal.)
  • Detective Skills 100 - Composite Sherlock Holmes(Can tell a man's profession by looking at his hands)
  • Escape Artistry 100 - Batman(Escapes Chained Up Underwater)
  • Interrogation 100 - Composite Mister Miracle(Trained By Granny Goodness)
  • Trap Building 100 - Agent 47 (Watch Till About 1:40. Agent 47 Has Superhuman Trap Building Instincts That Act As Pre Cog Where He Can Sense His Environment and Read The Situation and Use Almost Anything To His Advantage)
  • Survival Skills 100 - Lara Croft(Even before she became an adventurer. She experienced a plane crash and had to survive in the wilderness for weeks.)
  • Lock Picking 100 - Composite Mister Miracle(Offical DC Character Guide)
  • Leadership 100 - Nick Fury( Captain America Fact File: Leader Of Shield, Howling Commandos, Secret Warriors, etc)
  • Animal Handling 100 - Ace Ventura(Chills With Animal Jungle Friends)
  • Mountaineering 100 - Lara Croft(Self Explanatory)
  • Swimming 100 - Lara Croft(Plain & Simple)
  • Eidetic Memory 100 - Frank McGee(Once he has a picture in his mind he can view it from different angles and zoom in.)
  • Medic/First Aid 100 - Doctor Nemesis(X-Men, Marvel Handbook Explains His Beast Level Intelligence)

===================================================================

Lukehero: Lucy Villain

=================================================

SupremeGeneration: Alyster

• Body: Percy Jackson(Strong Enough To Cut Chains & Fast Enough To Slash A Bunch Of Arrows Out Of The Air, and Can Survive A 20 Story Fall)
  • Mind: Legolas(Lines/Mindset)
  • Skillset: Legolas(Being A Boss During The River Scene)
  • Archery Skill: Green Arrow(Shoots 3 Arrows At Once In Mutiple Target Directions)
  • Stealth Skill: Darth Maul Stealth(Darth Maul Snuck Into A Room So Quietly Even Siduous Didn't Hear Him)
  • Gear: 616 Hawkeye Archery Set, And These Too, Arrows That Can Penetrate Low Level Bricks, Pym Arrows: That Shoot Out More Arrows, Etc...You Name IT He's Got IT!!! Not seriously check it out: 1, 2, 3. We're not silly, we are no way suggestion he is gonna carry over 100 different Arrow types into Battle. But, since we have info and prep we will know which of his many Tricks to choose to bring.

Stealth Killer Omega:

Esquire: Tycho Vrasës

Sniper Beta:

Fetts: Mr. Eko

• Class - Mercenary

Containment Team Wolf:

Warlockmage: Greg McAlister

=======================

Arkbound: Douji Armstrong

Team Strategy:

Prep:

Due to Jade(Erik's) perk of full character knowledge & 24hrs prep our team will know exactly what we are dealing with, and due to our team's incredible tactical minds we're know how to plan for Sebastian and send him to an early grave.

Due to Luna's ruling on temporary in Mission Gear Usage/Pickups we will be using/sharing an important teammates gear to help our team. We've checked with Luna to make sure the usage of this is OK and already received a ruling on it.

=======================================================================

1. The team will inject themselves with Bloodshots nanites and cover all of their gear/weapons in them. Bloodshot has done this before on several occasions. Transferring his nanites to a person. Turning his GF into a Bloodshot Copy: Scan 1, Scan 2, Scan 3 . Bloodshot inserting his blood into a computer to take control of it. That should be all the proof you need.
  2. By having Bloodshot's nanites we will use his Invisibility mode, healing factor & super senses, and the nanites communication for the entire team. We will not break any of the build rules by super charging our physical stats. As you can see in the communication scan the entity known as "The Kid" are a manifestation of the nanites. They can talk to Bloodshot internally, so there will be no need to speak to each other, the nanites will keep us in contact and in sequence as we proceed with the attack. Also the nanites can clearly multi task, so they can manage the battle in game for our entire team: Scan 1, Scan 2.
  3. Lucy Villain(Lukehero) will use her portal gun to transport her team to a different world(s). From that spot(s) Lucy will open a row of multiple portals so she can reach each team member as need be.
  4. Each team member will prepare it attack/infiltrate as need be. Having all weapons, powers, and gear ready to go.
  5. Everyone will not only close their eyes, but tear off a piece of their clothing and use it as a blind fold so Sebastian can't use our eyes against us. Even if Sebastian(Zets) tried Bloodshot has complete molecular control of his body and could fight back against you trying to force us to see things or trying to control our vision in other ways or spy on us. Also not to mention your powers are magical/supernatural in nature and Bloodshot actually has a well documented history of being able to fight back against supernatural anomalies, but more on that later(we'll explain in full).

============================================

This is describing/showing his bodies molecule control.

• 1: Just a description of his body.
  • 2 & 3: Bloodshot uses an alley-cat to help along his healing factor, his body eats/absorbs the cat.
  • 4: Hit men scanning his body witnesses his molecular level control of his body.

Plan Of Attack:

Step 1(Attack Option A):

• First Sniper Team Alpha will begin by opening a group of multiple portals as you can see from the portal videos before mentioned Lucy can place the portals wherever she wants. You see Rick open one portal in the ground, step through the portal, then place the portal above Ice T and drop down the snacks on top of him. Lucy will fly around opening will open up multiple portals with the mansion and outside of it, and monitoring the battle feeding the info gained from the team, back to the rest of the team members waiting in other world(s). Some of the portals will be dummy portals leading to deathtraps(the sun), outerspace, etc. So you will never know which portal(s) an attack may be coming from. Unless you can see/smell through portals you're powers won't detect us and know where we are.
  • Next Containment Team Wolf will step through. They will be placed outside the range of your bullets(Which we know due to the knowledge perk), but well with in the range of their Bloodshot Senses, and Armstrong's seismic sense. Greg(Warlockmage) will cover the south side outside of the mansion and Armstrong(Arkbound) will cover the north side. They will scan the area with their combined super senses and due to the nanites talking to them internally they will feed all of that info back to our team as we all engage you and/arrive at the scene. We're not trying to remotely suggest the nanites can communicate across dimensions, we're saying that as soon as any of our team pops in, they will know where you are immediately and know which way to shoot/attack as well as Lucy knowing where to place portals. Now if you want see them you'll have to prove you have X-Ray vision with God Eyes or your other gear since they are outside of the mansion. Also you'll need to establish you can see invisible people. You mentioned your ability to see through illusions(We've already seen the evidence of this, no need to post scans). But, that's not the same as seeing through someone being actual invisible. Those illusions were based on magic/mental mind tricks not being actually pyhsically invisible like our team will be. If you try and escape the containment team is there to portal jump anywhere they need to. To mess with you and throw you off Greg(Warlockmage) will use his technopathy to mess with the lights turning them on and off, ring phones, mess with any and all other electronics and even trash talk you(can make his voice manifest out of thin air). This will add to our Psychological Warfare aspects of our strategy.
  • Meanwhile at the same time Lucy Villain(Lukehero) will drop her White phosphorus(Melts to the bone) Grenades right on top of you via portal. As that's happening Alyster(Supreme) will fire in several different types of Trick Arrows to disrupt you at several different angles via portals. Arrows will be coming from below you, above you, and to the sides of you. He will rapidly fire and let's keep in mind we've already established he can shoot 3 arrows at once in multiple directions. Alyster will fire; Flares, Knockout Gas(You still need to breathe right?),Sonics(That Are Very Harmful To Characters With Super Senses Like Yours). Now we're not on some BS over here. These sonic arrows CANNOT take out that level of character like Wonder Man & Hulk. We're just showing you how much it's gonna hurt someone with super senses. Also since you're just street level it should put you down just fine. With everything coming at you combined & weighing in that with your own build & statements: " The magical energies permeating the artifact have enhanced my sense of hearing, smell, and sight, to a MASSIVE degree" this should send you into sensory overload. Also at any time we want, Lucy can fire in her rocket from the ZF1 and Alyster can fire in high end Explosive Arrows and blow you to bits. This would be AOE form of attacking and very little chance of you dodging/escaping since you can't fly, teleport, or portal jump to escape the area of such a massive explosive force. As the rest of the team enters the battlefield none of the gas or White Phosphorous(Heals From Being Burned By Flamingo : 1, 2)would harm us via Bloodshot Booster Shot.

Step 2(Attack Option B):

• Let's say you somehow were to survive all of that. While all hell would be breaking loose inside the mansion: Stealth Killer Omega would be flying overhead with invisibility(Even without Bloodshot nanites helping) and his silence field keeping him totally silent monitoring the situation. As soon as he felt the need to intervene and join the battle once the smoke cleared, he would portal in via Lucycloser inside the Mansion. Since he's not visible to your enhanced eyesight God Eyes won't help, and since he's totally silent neither will your hearing. You still has enhanced smell, but Kylar (who wielded the black Ka'kari) never showed feats to fight anyone based on smell alone in the Night Angel Trilogy and as far as we can tell neither does your own actual skill set of Juzuu(Tokyo Ghul). Even if you turn invisible our team can still spot you. Even if we absolutely couldn't detect you. Esquire's build has Wolverine Fighting Skill and Wolverine has detected undetectable enemies in combat and fought blind. Your statement of: "First thing's first. This is not a battle. This is a slaughter. It really doesn't matter how many people are coming after me. I have both the skills and the equipment to not only detect my would be assassins, long before they pose a threat to me, but to also eliminate them... Again... Long before they pose a threat to me." is a very strong indication of hubris on you & your characters part which would cause Sebastian(Zets) not to take appropriate defensive precautions, meaning that Esquire could simply fly up behind you through a portal and gut you like a fish with Warpath's Knives (considering the fact the X-Men wondered if they could even cut through modern Sentinel Armor he'll slice you ribbons) while undetected due to the fact your very overconfident in your senses being able to get the jump on anyone.

============================================================

Wolverine Skills: Once again keep in mind this is pure skill on Wolverine's part(Esquire build) He basically finds a way to detect someone who's undetectable through sounds, smell, or sight. He only noticed a footprint in the snow. Now we know what you're thinking: There's no snow in this mansion here. Well Duh. But, you know what will be here after the sniper team fires in some of their weapons, debris and probably your blood. When you step in it, he would still notice your footprint impressions due to his skill set.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Not only that, but wolverine clearly has plenty of experience fighting blind. With the nanites and the rest of the team with enhanced senses feeding him info fighting you won't be a problem whether he can see you or not.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Step 3:(Attack Option C)

• OMG, you just survived everything after all of that? Alright well we have another thing to roll at you. While the fight rages on Sniper Beta will literally just rest and lie in wait. Every few mins he'll just check to see how things are going by popping his head through a portal(s) Lucy will set up for him that will give him the best Angle(s) to shoot you from above. Let's even say you defeat all of our main forces. Since you have no body guards to watch over you: if you tucker out and decide to rest after the main fight is over, he'll wait till you fall asleep and then shoot you dead. Very simple, but very effective. Especially since we highly doubt your character can avoid proximity radar and avoid being shot by Deadshot Level skills(a guy that gave New 52 Midnigher only one option to win, which was to get shot in a safer spot.). Your build may be powerful, but you can't run a fight a million times in your head to predict the outcome. You're not gonna find a way to avoid being shot with someone with Helmet Radar so precise he can shoot around hostages: 1, 2, 3(MCU Tie In) & pinpoint body parts. Also we hope you noticed in the scans he's gauntlets don't just have the Standard Iron Man type Repulsors, but he also has machine guns. Also he has High Heat Repulsars that will bake you like a chicken. Also he's got Sonics in his gloves/gauntlets shown in Civil War vs Scarlet Witch which would once again sensory overload you.

Other Contingencies:

==========================================================================

Counters:

OOC Knowledge

To prove this, I'll start by pointing out that I have not one, but TWO different sensory enhancing artifacts at my disposal. The first is the, sentient and symbiotic, "Black Kakari". The Black Kakari is a magical liquid metal weapon that has bonded with my body and formed a symbiotic relationship similar to that of a Marvel Symbiote (Or perhaps closer to Haunt or a lesser Spawn). The magical energies permeating the artifact have enhanced my sense of hearing, smell, and sight, to a MASSIVE degree:

Sensory Feats:

"Kylar felt himself filling, gloriously filling with magic, with power, and light, and life. He could see the very veins in his hands, the veins in the few remaining leaves overhead. He could see life squirming and wriggling everywhere in the forest. He saw through the grasses to the fox's burrow, through the bark of the fir tree to the woodpecker's nest. He could feel the kiss of starlight on his skin. He could smell a hundred different men from the rebel camp, tell what they'd eaten, how much they'd worked, who was healthy and who was sick. He could hear so much it was overwhelming, he could barely pull the strands apart. The wind made leaves clang against each other like cymbals, there was a roar that was the breathing of two-no, three large animals-himself, Sister Ariel, and one other. The leaves themselves were breathing. He heard the heartbeat of an owl, the thunderous wallop of... a knee hitting the ground."

That's just from my first artifact. My second artifact allows me to spot a tick on a sonic monkey:

No Caption Provided

It also allows me to see through illusions. I'll provide those feats in my second post if necessary.

With all that said and done, it is 100% impossible for any character in this tourney to catch my character by surprise.

Now you see there's a glaring issue with your reasoning here. Besides what will be addressed shortly you're operating with knowledge that your character would have absolutely no reason to know. Even if you could see through our invisibility, why would you do that? Are you spider-man? Do you have visions of the future? Why are you looking for invisible people?

Sure you may smell us, but you don't know the people nearby are assassins sent to kill you. As far as the OP goes you're chilling in your mansion till we decide to attack. You don't have body guards patrol monitoring the situation making sure no one sneaks up on you.

=====================================================

Both the ASEOG & the Black Ka'Kari need to be actively used to achieve the effects that you're presenting. It's physically not possible to use the ASEOG for prolonged periods of time without causing damage to the user and the sensory enhancement from the Black Ka'Kari is an ability that not only requires skill you don't possess (more on that later) but it once again must be actively utilised. Your sensory abilities are not like Daredevil or Wolverine, who's senses are passive and constantly present. They must be consciously activated.

The ability of the Ka'Kari to allow the user to see the sins of others is similar...

My character is also capable of psychically sensing the sins of your characters:

"Two soldiers chatted instead of walking their patrol routes froze at the sights. The first one was a relative innocent. In the other's eyes, Kylar could see that the man had accused a miller of witchcraft because he wanted the man's wife."

This quote is from Beyond The Shadows. Now what you've neglected to include was that Kylar was in fact not only actively attempting to see the sins of these 2 guards but he was actually in extremely close proximity with both of them as we can see here...

It was about time some of those hungry swords met each other.

A smoking black blade slid from Kylar's left hand. He made it glow, wreathed in blue flames, but kept himself invisible. Two soldiers chatted instead of walking their patrol routes froze at the sights. The first one was a relative innocent. In the other's eyes, Kylar could see that the man had accused a miller of witchcraft because he wanted the man's wife.

"Murderer," Kylar said. He slashed with the Ka'Kari-sword

Beyond The Shadows: Chapter 5, pg. 24 (2011 Paperback edition)

Firstly it states that Kylar was able to views the mans sins by looking into his eyes and secondly Kylar approached and was within close enough proximity that the guard was in range of his sword swing. Extrapolating this feat to a range great enough to make this statement true...Some of us are going to be on other world(s) you gonna sense us from that far away?

"I have both the skills and the equipment to not only detect my would be assassins, long before they pose a threat to me"

Is unreasonable and unsubstantiated.

All of your allegedly infallible methods of detection are active and claiming that your character would for utilize these abilities despite having no cause to nothing more than out of character knowledge.

Going on the Offense:

Now that I have established my ability to detect threats, I will now get into how I would go about eliminating them.

My choice of weapon for this, would be my trusty rifle. I will wait for each of would-be assassin to approach the house, and I will shoot them through the walls.

It's a basic .50 caliber rifle. Nothing particularly special about it in and of itself. However, the bullets will not be normal ones. Instead, I will coat them with pieces of the Black Kakari:

You're Plan Is Based On Prep(Unless You Already Did This):

• Unless you told Luna that you were gonna do this before we put in the attack for a Hit Job. You can't do this. You have no prep perk.
  • Even if you do your entire plan revolves around the idea we need to come into the house. Which we don't.

As bullets move faster than sound, there will be NO indication that they are coming. Furthermore, these are high velocity rounds. The bullets travel far quicker than that of usual firearms. The speeds should be enough to overwhelm even the fastest of characters allowed in this tourney.

Tourney Limits:

You clearly still don't understand what the tourney limits are other wise you wouldn't even bring something like this up. Although High Velocity Rounds are very impressive, the tourney limits allow characters like Cassandra Cain who lol side steps sniper rounds without even looking at them. The standard is Batman & Cap:

Dodging bullets even from high powered guns with high velocity rounds wouldn't be a big deal from the majority of characters here. At the leastmost of them could aim dodge them, at the most some of the characters here could slice them. The limit was pretty clear in my mind to stay away from any silly Gorgon, Spider-Man, Wrath(King Bradley) speed levels until you paid for a body upgrade. Also you plan realizes on the idea we couldn't see the bullets coming or NEED to SEE them coming, which is a terrible assumption on your part(more on that later).

To make matters worse for you, the kakari would negate any healing factors you may possess:

The ka'kari poured a dark liquid from his hand onto his sword. But then the liquid solidified as a thin sword. Kylar cut left and right and spider legs went flying. It wasn't like hacking through bone, he was shearing them off like butter. He dodged back, and the spider gathered its legs to itself, but this time, the stumps kept bleeding. They smoked and wouldn't allow new limbs to be grown there. It morphed back into the man with swords for arms, but now the wounds were on the man's chest, still flowing blood and smoking.

To provide some context, the Ferali are basically magical versions of John Carpenter's Thing. They are 100% amorphous shapeshifters made entirely out of souls and corpses. It's capable of shapeshifting wounds closed, and every single piece broken off is capable of moving on it's own.

It's made out of souls and corpses? Well then it's definitely not going to work on us after we take our Bloodshot Booster Shots. We suspected this kind of tactic which is why we had Warlockemage come along with us. More on this later down below.

================================================================

Proving My Aim:

Note: This does not break any reflexes rules, as my character's actual physical movements remain the same.

With that level of thought speed, time would basically be frozen to me. I'd literally have all the time in the world to perform all the trajectory calculations I could ever want or need,as well as all the time in the world to analyze your movements and predict which direction you will go the moment I pull the trigger.

Your characters are relying on reflexes, whereas my character is playing chess.

Mix that with my massively enhanced senses in other areas, and there's not a single reason why I wouldn't be able to replicate Deadshot level aiming skills.

You're hyping yourself up way too much:

What a gross overestimation of your build. Down right Blasphemous. You're also clearly suggestion you can perform all of these feats with God Eyes without actually having the same skill set as Leondard Watch the eyes actual owners. Even if you did, you haven't established that your character is some brilliant tactical mind. You're basically suggestion you're Midnighter and you have a battle computer in your head which is laughable. You don't have the level of shooting skill to assume just because you have super slow mo vision you could pull off his feats. He already has slow mo vision virtue of his own body(remember the hummingbird statement?) It's not just his body that allows him to shoot that well, it's his established practice and skill. Also even if you could do the things you are widly claiming to be able to like run the battle in your head in slow mo and tactically figure it out, we've already established that even Midnighter would still get shot by Deadshot. So, you're still getting shot, since we have Deadshot on steroids.

Corpse Bullets & Sensing Sins & Controlling Our Vision:

So lets say you can use your corpse bullets(which shouldn't be allowed unless you did these actions before this Assassination Order was in place). Also let's say you also sense our sins(which you shouldn't be trying to until you know we are there(which you shouldn't know we are there because you shouldn't be looking for us in the first place until we attack since you have no precog and your ablities don't seem passive at all in the least bit).

But, lets say everything falls into place. Well when you activate your sin sensing you die. WHAT?

Bloodshot has a well documented history on deflecting supernatural elements. Not only can he do that, but he can turn your own powers against you into an attack and make you destroy yourself.

==============================================

Bloodshot vs Sosa The Soul Eater

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Sosa tries to eat/absorb Bloodshot's soul like he does to Muhammad earlier in the comic. If you try and read our souls/sense are sins Bloodshots nanites will treat it like an infection and counteract the problem by eliminating you. And no he does not have to be in touching distance for this to work. Same thing goes if you try using your magic God Eyes, they nanites will see it as an infection and furthermore have molecular control to keep you from looking through our eyes or trying to force us to see things.

We are addressing this, because we were told you have this power. We know you haven't posted about looking through opponents point of view or showing them things yet. But, we know you have this power via full knowledge perk and we already developed ways of stopping you and turning it around on you to kill you.

==========================================================

We bullcrap you not. In the 1997 run of Bloodshoot in Issue 13#(We're sure you can find places to read it if you really want to). He runs into a reality warping messing with time & space, & bending reality. Anyway she's tries to mess with his head and he resists her and "reconfigures his sensory inputs". Yes she eventually owned him and turned him into a cat later in the issue, but that's beyond the point. She's way above your God Eyes level and he still was able to control his motor functions when she tried to mess with him. There's no reason not to believe he can do the same here and fight off God Eyes trying to view his viewpoint or control what he sees.

====================================

Anyhow back to his long distance control of nanites. Clearly here he doesn't need to touch them to make his powers work.

Using his nanites vs nanites and kills two Bloodshot copies. Here clearly he can be at a distance for a nanite attack.

===========================================

Bloodshot vs The Dead & Bullets:

If your corpse bullets actually hit us(which they won't since we are fast enough to dodge them and won't be in the room with you, and we can sense the bullets...more on that later). But, if they did we would just wash them away like a nasty infection. Futhermore because you are using corpse/soul supernatural bullets that's right in Warlockmage's build's wheelhouse. Bloodshot deals with shtick like this all the time.

So not only will we be stopping any healing negation from your corpse bullets. When it comes down to it we can banish your Black Karrai too. And you will have no Black Karrai. Because we will get rid of it.

Avoiding Bullets & Sensing You:

• We won't all be in the mansion with you.
  • Those that will go inside are really Esquire and the Containment team if they feel like it. Esquire has Angels Body who can fly around and dodge laser beams/force beams.
  • We'll get into speed feats later on the next post as we are stretching our time. But, the vast majority of us are bullet timers.
  • We can sense your bullets due to Bloodshot who's senses are so sharp they can sense shifts in the air...
  • Arkbound can sense the bullets via seismic sense, no bullets won't be touching the ground duh. But, she's been shown to be able to sense metallic elements(Season 2 Episodes 17 & 19). Bullets are made up several metals including lead, brass, and copper for the different parts.
  • Wolverine can fight blind, Best Tiger Can, Pretty Sure Black Panther Can as he's master every fighting stlye on Earth(will show scans if you need it). We've got team members with proximity MCU Warmachine radar. We've got a guy with X-Ray vision who can pop his head through a portal and look real quick from a safe distance to check things out for us.

All Seeing Eyes: Lack of Skill & Experience

All feats provided to support the capabilities of the ASEOG have been performed by Leonardo Watch.

What you, however, are claiming is that at this stage - without the skill or experience of a previous wielder of the eyes - you'll be capable of using them to the same degree as Leonardo Watch. Someone who at the very start of the series had been in possession of the eyes for over 6 months.

Without any skill or experience there doesn't appear to be any conclusive evidence that you'll be capable of doing anything remotely complex with the eyes and suggesting that you'll replicating the same feats as Leo, well... It's unlikely.

One of the many problems with your build is you don't have it's original users experience and skill. We were told by our game host we can attack this aspect of your build and make a case why your character can't wield the Eyes of God. Now we understand Leo's fighting ability is described as very low which is why you had another characters skill in place. But, Leo's skill does have a purpose in using his powers.

Here in Chapter 4.5 of Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront) Leonardo discovers on the fly that he can make people see things, confuse them, and even make them vomit.

Now yes your character gets full access to the knowledge of said weapon, but that's not the same thing has being able to wield it to its fullest potential. No different from having a firearm, knowing how it works and damage output, but not having any of the actual skill/technique or experience to use said weapon.

You Aren't Capable of Wielding The Black Ka'Kari

We don't believe your assertion that you will be capable of using the powers of the Black Ka'Kari to any notable degree. Reason being the Ka'Kari has only ever been used by those who already possess notable degrees of skill in "Talent" (essentially the Night Angel equivalent of magic).

=================================================================

Both Kylar and Durzo Blint (the two people during the trilogy that we have observed regularly utilizing the Ka'Kari) where already adept users of Talent prior to receiving the Black Ka'Kari...

Durzo Blint...

The ceiling was twelve feet high, but Blint's entire back hit it-and stuck to it. He started crawling, and then disappeared as shadows writhed over him and merged with the greater darkness of the ceiling. First Kylar could hear Blint moving to a spot above him, then the sound cut off abruptly. Blint's Talent was covering even the sound of brushing against wood.

and as for Kylar...

Istariel opened her mouth to deliver a historical reminder when a magical concussion ripper through the Chantry. The constant buzz of magaes' Talent ceased and, for the first time in centuries, perhaps the first time since it was built, the Chantry was utterly silent. The magic ripped through everything, though it destroyed nothing except whatever the Sisters were actively weaving. It had character, a distinct flavor: free and fierce, not hostile, but rather a strength unaware of itself. The impossible image that leapt to Istariel's mind was of a teenage archmage, and it shook her to her core. Ariel had tried to chain him, and he refused to be chained.

Kylar was wrecking other Talent users.

Now you're claiming that you won't just be able to utilize the Black Ka'Kari to the very same degree as Kylar himself, suggested by the fact that you provided a feat performed by Kylar in Shadow's Edge (the one regarding heightened senses). You're actually suggesting that you'll be able to use it to any degree despite having no Talent(Magic) to being with, alongside no experience or training in it's utilization. That's a far stretch, and an unsubstantiated one at that...

Why we win:

In Summary:

There's not a single skill or power in this tourney that would allow one to approach my property without me knowing about it. I'd also be able to know of any plans to attack long distance, and be capable of reacting accordingly.

There is no way your characters would be able to predict bullets coming at them through walls, especially when they are likely confident in whatever stealth abilities they may possess.

Even a normal .50 Calibur would go through my entire mansion. Coating them with Kakari would further increase it's accuracy/penetrative power, as well as counter any healing factor you may possess.

With my psychic sin sensing abilities, I'd be able to get a rough idea of your abilities if it ever came to a fight, and I'd also get an idea of who sent you to kill me.

Also, my character can go 100% invisible and naturally has no scent. I can provide feats in my next post if necessary.

• We know everything you can do and plan for it with 24hrs.
  • Most of us you will never shoot.
  • We can just set up sniper window portals from far away and blow up the mansion.
  • Your magic powers will only lead you to your death.
  • We have counters for everything you have and anything you can do.
  • You probably can't use your powers in the first place(but our plan assumes you can) due to your character being a very shoddy build.
  • We can still sense you through vibrations when you move, shifts in the air, your vital signs, etc...
  • Even if you could use Black Karrai it would get wrecked. Same with God Eyes...
  • We can out gun you, out man you, out strategize you in combat adjustments(Due to Black Panther, Nick Fury, Hell Bloodshot knows every military strategy ever), etc etc...
  • THE BOSSES WANT YOU DEAD!!!! And you gonna be dead!!!

Once we know the vote/winner we will do an ending RPG section.

#5 Posted by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Zets Post 2.

No Caption Provided

Your Prep:

Blindfolding:

Okay, so let me get this straight. In order to prevent my character from blinding your team, you guys went and blinded yourselves instead? That is absolutely brilliant. No really, that is some tactical genius right there.

In fact, you should have taken it a step further. You guys should have gone ahead and killed yourselves. Then it would been absolutely impossible for me to kill any of you! Or... If killing yourselves is to extreme, you could have just BFRed yourselves into another dimension. Wait... was that foreshadowing?

Nanite Sharing:

So you think that because you have a feat of him sharing his nanites with 1 person (out of sheer desperation), that he can share his nanites (literally splitting his lifeblood) between 7 different people PLUS the gear that they are using? Also, you didn't even show any feats proving that he had any sort of casual long distance method of communication with her (your communication feat was him hijacking someone else's communications). Nor did you show any feats proving that her ability to utilize the bloodshot nanites was anywhere close to as good as his.

I mean, you are arguing against my skills at utilizing my gear, and the shit I am doing isn't even half as complex as what you are attempting. It could be worse. I mean, you could be injecting yourselves with something that could drive you all insane.

On that note, lets take a closer look at the scans you posted:

First, I'd like to ask why you can't just stack images like normal people. Secondly, these images are lacking in context, and cropped so much not even google image search can tell what the hell they are from.

That said, in the second scan she doesn't look like she's in her right mind, while the third scan says that this strategy is "unusual". Now like I said, I have no idea what the context is for any of this, but the last scan makes it sound like transferring nanites isn't a process that is particularly safe or easy to do.

Supernatural Defense:

That's a very poor showing. He's very clearly straining his body attempting to counter that magical energy, and your own resistances aren't going to be anywhere near as high due to splitting the nanites between so many people.

My God Eyes on the other hand have worked against demons who specialize in powerful mental magics. This is the demon that you guys showed scans of Leo forcing to vomit:

The members of Libra are downright shocked that the illusion was powerful enough to fool the heightened senses of a werewolf (werewolves and vampires are a huge deal in this setting). The demon himself outright states that Leo is the only one in the entire city capable of seeing through this illusion. This includes the werewolves, members of Libra (who can fight at FTL speeds and deal with supernatural entities such as elder gods), and the "Casters" (a group of magic users who were capable of drawing a barrier that prevented a dimensional collapse that would have ended the world)

It's even worked on beings as powerful as the Devil himself; who not only has the body of a caster via divine possession, but can manipulate fire that burns souls, telekinesis that can crush skyscrapers, and enough raw speed to pass for a DC speedforce user (he outruns his own lasers, and prances around a nano-second timer like it's a joke). Not to mention the fact that he is the abstract embodiment of despair itself.

Even better is that the Eyes themselves have power over all things vision related. This gives it it's own sort of quasi-technopathic ability. Here he hijacks the cameras of a giant truck:

No Caption Provided

As far as I can tell, the nanites are simply outclassed.

In addition to this. Izaya Orihara (the mind I chose) is a well known mastermind, who always plans several steps ahead.

http://ww1.cartooncrazy.me/watch/durararax2-ten-episode-8-english-dubbed/

It might be a little confusing to jump in the middle of things, but this episode shows off Izaya's intelligence quite well. If you don't want to watch the full episode, around the 7 minute mark is where the good stuff is. He gets kidnapped (as part of his plan), and predicts the reactions of everyone in that room; even tricking them into thinking that they kidnapped the wrong person.

OOC and "Prep":

Alright, this is just a dumb argument. I am criminal overlord. Of course I am going to be on alert. I own a large property, and the OP states that there is absolutely no one here other than me. If I suddenly detect someone, of course I am going to be alarmed. That right there should settle things.

If you need more, I can point out that the Kakari itself is highly intelligent and capable of warning me of danger. Here it warns Kylar of a magical assassin:

Kylar entered a thin stretch of trees when something whispered coolly in his mind: ~Duck.~

“What?” he said aloud. An arrow drove through Kylar’s chest.

It rocked him back in the saddle, but his horse kept walking, oblivious. Kylar coughed blood. He’d made so many mistakes. Durzo would never have forgiven him for his carelessness. Letting down his guard, going back to the path when he’d worried someone might have been sent after him, taking his own horse rather than stealing someone else’s. It only took one mistake to get you killed, and he’d made many.

Gods, his lungs burned.

~I told you to duck.~

A shadowy form stepped out from behind a tree and took his horse’s reins in one hand, holding a sword in the other. The wetboy let down his shadows—they weren’t nearly as good as Durzo’s, never mind Kylar’s. It was Scarred Wrable. “Well, son of a bitch, ” the wetboy said.

Note that Wetboys are an elite group of assassins who use magic to blend into shadows and muffle sounds:

"You need to hide? Your Talent will bend some light away. You need to walk quietly? It will muffle your steps. But like any talent, it has limits. If you walk in the noonday sun, you'll be seen. If you step on dry leaves, you'll be heard. You're Talented; you're not a god."

As for why Kylar still got hit, this was an extremely early version of Kylar. He hadn't had the Ka'kari for long, in fact this was the first time it had spoke to him. I never get the chance to write a bio due to RL reasons, but my character would have likely had the Ka'kari for longer than Kylar during this scene.

In my case, the Kakari would warn me of danger, and I'd ask it to charge up my other senses as I look around. The Ka'kari responds well to being asked nicely:

Come on, please work!

~Since you ask so nicely… ~

Kylar blinked at that. Then the pooled magic winked out like a candle in a high wind.

If that's not enough, I'll also point out that while the God Eyes do have to consciously be activated; they also operate similarly to speed force in that even when my perception of time is normal, the perception slowing effect will automatically kick the moment it's needed. This was demonstrated in the very scans I showed earlier:

In the above scene, none of the characters had any idea that the portal would appear where it did. Despite this, Leo was able to perceive the entire event in the span of a single nano-second. Just to be clear, light can only travel a distance of 1 foot within the span of a nano-second. So not only did his perception automatically raise purely on reflex, but he observed an FTL monster perform numerous sword slashes dicing up the room.

There was also the scene in the Diner when the Sonic monkey stole his wallet, and none of the humans could see it because it happened so fast.

Anyways, do I have the ability to see the future? According to the wiki, I actually do. Though I haven't seen the scans yet.

As for why I would be looking for "invisible enemies", I don't have to. Leo's invisibility detection is 100% passive:

Corpse Bullets, What?

Okay. Just... What? How on Earth did you misinterpret what I said that badly? I don't know whose fault it is, but either my ability to word things is complete rubbish, or you guys have zero comprehension skills. Just... Someone here messed up.

I do NOT have corpse bullets. The Ferali are the monsters that Kylar was fighting. They are the monsters whose regen, the Kakari was able to negate. Every cell in their body is alive, and they are capable of shape-shifting wounds closed much like your Nanites. They did not instantly die when hit, however their bodies were incapable of using their shapeshifting powers (which were still active) to close the wounds. This implies that wounds inflicted by the Kakari have some sort of curse effect which would overpower your heavily diluted Nanites.

"Supernatural Resistance"

Your first feat is someone with a soul draining attack:

Sosa is the one opening a link, and the nanites are taking advantage of that. Aside from the fact that you have not proven you can use the nanites to the same degree (due to being heavily dilutes, and also not having the same skills), nothing about this feat proves you can do this to any old magical attack. There has to be some sort of spiritual/magical link for your nanites to take advantage of. Show me an example of you doing that to someone who shot you with a magical bolt for example.

On that note, the Kakari would have reacted similarly if Sosa tried it on Kylar:

Everything in Kylar cried out for help.

A boom sounded somewhere below the range of human hearing, but Kylar felt it wallop his stomach like a thunder crack. His vision went blue-white with magic. He could see the magic streaming through the air as fast as an arrow, a wall of magic.

The castle itself rocked and everyone fell. Everywhere he looked, Kylar saw the same stunned looks. Roth was sprawled on the stairs, his sword still in hand, mouth wide.

Kylar suddenly felt one of the magic bonds holding him snap. He looked toward the others and saw that the magic—it looked like a storm of blue-white rain falling sideways, flying invisibly through walls and people—was spattering against the bonds, collecting around them. The bonds were as black as the wytches’ vir, and the blue magic hissed and spat wherever it touched the black.

Then the blue magic latched on to the wytches’ magic and roared up the black tendrils like wildfire climbing a hill to the wytches holding them.

Shrieks burst from three of the wytches and the bonds holding Kylar disappeared as three living blue torches lit the room. But Kylar’s eyes were drawn to himself. The ka’kari was covering him like a black skin, and everywhere the blue magic pelted him, the magic danced like a puddle in the rain, then disappeared—and the ka’kari swelled more powerful.

The Devourer ate magic, too.

Then the magical shockwave was gone.

There was the briefest silence, then Roth screamed at the wytches who hadn’t been using the vir—the two wytches in the room still alive, “Get him!” Roth plucked his sword from the stairs and swung it at Kylar’s face.

In the above seen, a Kylar who (again, had gotten the Kakkari just recently), asked for help, and the Kakkari responded by sucking all the mages using magic on Kylar completely dry.

It also did the same to an extremely powerful mage here:

Sister Ariel was pulling back, but the ka’kari stretched between them, sucking magic like a lamprey sucking blood.

As for your reality warping feat:

I honestly fail to see how the nanites trying to reboot his brain and failing = resistance. It's honestly like getting a pimp slap from Thanos and saying, "look look, he got hit by Thanos. Yea he disintigrated, but Thanos is way stronger than your character, so that proves he can tank a hit from you!"

"Lack of Prep"

Okay. Just... Really? I swear you people are just throwing whatever pops into your head with no care in the world as to whether or not it makes any sense.

I showed you just how quickly the Kakari shapes itself:

The ka'kari was turning to liquid and gliding through his fingers. His hands scrambled as they'd scrambled across the wood of the boat shop, and found nothing. The ka'kari slapped into Kylar's palm and formed an enormous punch dagger on his fist.

--

If he'd had time to think about it, Kylar wouldn't have tried to block magic with his sword-it was insanity to try to block magic-but it was his ingrained response. The flat of his blade hit the green globe of fire. Instead of bursting, the fire whooshed into the blade.

The Ka'kari can shape itself instantly. If I am using a bolt action rifle, each bullet would instantly be coated as I load and fire. If I am using a Semi-Auto then I just have to touch the magazine.

My Gear and Skills:

God Eyes:

So your proof that my character doesn't have the skill to use the eyes is a scene in which a normal teenage photographer, with absolutely no experience in dealing with the supernatural, learns how to perform an advanced ability on the fly? That's some good stuff right there.

You are actually arguing that the normal teenager would have better skills with the eyes than someone with the mind of a text-book "Magnificent Bastard" like Izaya Orihara? A guy who is known to have a deep fascination for the supernatural, and knowledge about things ranging from the head of a dulluhan to a cursed demon sword? It would be completely in character for Sebastian to have experimented and figure out all of the abilities at his disposal. Not to mention the fact that he has access to an ancient sentient artifact that can help him explore the full capabilities of the eyes.

In any case, this whole argument is moot, as I didn't actually start out with any of these abilities. I had to separately buy the skill to use each and every single ability granted by the eyes for 500 a pop. So yes, I do have the skills necessary to use them in this way.

The Black Kakari:

You know what I hate most? Now, this is a huge pet peeve of mine when it comes to CaVing... I absolutely cannot stand it, when people think that it's a good idea to try and do some half-assed research on their opponent's characters. It's one thing to research a specific scene for better context, but do you honestly think a little bit of research is going to make you more knowledgeable on the overall character than actual fan? Worse is when you flip through and pick out what fits your little narrative, and throw it out there with such conviction. It's just so, so, annoying to deal with.

I just have to laugh at you claiming Kylar can use the Kakari because he's good at the talent. You really stepped on a land-mine with that one. Get this, Kylar isn't able to use the Kakari because he has talent, he's able to use talent because he has the Kakari. Before having the Kakari, Kylar was complete and utter shit at magic. No, wait, scratch that. He wasn't bad at magic. He couldn't use it at ALL!

Yes, the all powerful arch-mage Kylar cannot use any magic without the Kakari. He outright lacks the fundamental biology necessary to use magic in his world:

She grimaced. “I’m sorry. Your conduit.”

“What, it’s blocked? Is it bad?” He already knew it was blocked. Blint had been trying to break the block for years. That also made sense of why Blint had made him lie out in the sun, or sit uncomfortably close to forge fires—he’d been trying to force an overflow of magic, so that Kylar couldn’t help but use it.

“You have no conduit.”

“Will you fix it? Money’s no object,” Kylar said, his chest tight.

“It’s not a matter of drilling a hole. It’s more like making new lungs.

And yes, it is true that Kylar did have a large amount of energy despite lacking the biological ability to activate it in any way. However, it's irrelevant for the following reasons:

1. Having a large amount of talent has never once been stated as a condition for the Kakari to bond to you.
  2. The Kakari itself supplies the user with magic by devouring objects and energy.
  3. Player characters are capable of buying any power they want, as long as it fits the rules of the game; including ones that are magical in nature (assuming that for the sake of plot, they aren't ALL considered magical in nature). This means that EVERY player character has large amounts of untapped magical potential.

As for being skilled with it's usage, the Kakari is highly intelligent and can be asked for explanations:

"Let me guess, something about being crafted with 'limited intelligence'? The black ka'kari was ancient when I was born., Kylar. It told you that so it wouldn't scare the shit out of you. You're sharing your head with a being who's power dwarfs yours."

~I wouldn't say my power exactly *dwarfs* yours.~

"Give the fucker my regards," Durzo said.

~I loved you better than you loved yourself, Acaelus.~

Also, enhanced senses was one of the first the first things it did, albeit to a lesser degree (it was literally the first time it bonded to Kylar):

It was as if the ka’kari were happy to have found him. He looked back to Durzo, feeling stupid, so far out of his depth he didn’t know how to act.

It was then he realized how clearly he could see Durzo’s face. The man still stood in the hallway, the lantern behind him. A moment before—before the ka’kari—his face had been all but invisible. Kylar could still see the shadows falling on the floor where Durzo blocked the light, but he could see through them. It was like looking through glass. You could tell the glass was there, but it didn’t impede your vision. Kylar glanced around Elene’s little room and saw that the same applied to everything he looked at. The darkness welcomed his eyes now. His eyes were sharper, clearer—he could see further, could see the castle across the river as if it were high noon.

This was my chosen starting item. Again, I didn't get the chance to write my bio due to RL reasons; but you have no idea how long I have had this thing. With my characters analytical mind, it would have been wholly in character for me to have explored each and every single usage of this item. It does come with a built in manual after-all.

Especially when you consider that it's bound to mind and soul. With my nano-second perception speed I could have 7 million years worth of conversation within a 1 second time-span. Obviously I'd spread out my conversations to make it easier to absorb and utilize the information, but in all honesty I should be able to use it even better than Kylar does (obviously ignoring the physical amps which I am not allowed to do yet).

Your Bloodshot Nanites:

If you want to talk about gear and the skill to use it, lets talk about the bloodshot nanites. Now don't get me wrong, I am not an expert on your characters. However, one of your own scans stuck out to me:

Here you posted a scene in which Bloodshot uses his technopathy to take over and pop the heads of two other nanite users. Now, I don't even know how that is supposed to connect to you being able to do anything even remotely similar to the Kakari.

With that said, all I really took from this scene is that no two nanite users are equal. Seriously, how else do you explain him pwning two other nanite users to such a degree? Clearly the level of control differs from person to person.

With that in mind, I decided to consult with @ultimate_knight, and here is what he had to say on the subject:

7 people? Well...this may seem like a coincidence, but in the first two arcs of Bloodshot Reborn, Bloodshot had to hunt down exactly 7 infected people.

No Caption Provided

So you already know by the scan above, the shared nanite infected people can detect each others' locations.

From what I have seen, when a normal person gets some nanites, their inner bloodlust and killer instinct is pulled out, turning them into seemingly mindless killers. It feels like a drug from what I have seen in Bloodshot Reborn. The good people are full of reluctance and regret when they kill or when their body just gets dragged to doing it.

While the more naturally aggressive and ruthless and messed up and tragic people, are pretty much okay with the nanites' company.

On the other hand, one of the infected also hunted down the other infected to get their nanites for himself (showing some efficiency and control of the nanites for that specific person).

In Bloodshot U.S.A, this was Kozol's plan

What he meant by "on" is just let the nanites do the rest to the people and drive them violent and "off" as in they will use Deathmate (another one of PRS's new "living weapons") to remove the virus.

No Caption Provided

I guess based on what I am seeing, how people control it kind of varies per person, but one thing is for sure based on everything I know: Many cannot utilize it as efficiently and as effectively as Bloodshot himself and very few others.

Based on what Bloodshot said, people are capable of learning how to use the nanites better, but does not mean they are any more as sane and as stable as Bloodshot.

Let us say that yes, even if they are perfectly capable of holding down the bloodlust, there are still certain limitations:

- The limited and shared amount of nanites in each person's body

- Their experience and knowledge in using the nanites' more versatile capabilities like hacking into devices

First Point:

The fact that the number of nanites are limited per body, the nanites' abilities are also severely nerfed.

Based on what Bloodshot said, he can only keep his disguise up for a short period of time and with effort due to the limited number of nanites in his body.

Here are number of nanite users who were killed by relatively mundane means. At least compared to what Bloodshot has shown he can handle:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Second Point:

You already know that using that having better use and knowledge and experience of the nanites' other capabilities is something that needs to be learned and discovered.

Bloodshot has A TON of prior experience and knowledge of using his nanites for as long as he can remember while under Project Rising Spirit's control.

One may argue that due to the frequent memory wiping and false memory implanting by PRS, the user always starts completely fresh, including prior memories of learning and using the nanites in previous missions, making it seem like mastering the nanites other capabilities to be a slice of cake since everything since Bloodshot's mind always starts in a blank state.

But PRS "most likely" only tampers with Bloodshot's "episodic memories" and not his "semantic memories," wherein his knowledge of using the nanites' stem from. His body most likely has also adapted to the nanites other capabilities as well.

Thank you Toaru No Majutsu No Index and Komoe-sensei.

Basically, he does not know why he knows how to use the nanites, he just knows how to do it every time PRS tampered with his head.

With all the evidence posted above, he has concluded that:

1. The Nanites are quite dangerous and often drive people insane.
  2. Different people adjust to the nanites at different rates. Not everyone who uses the nanites has access to every ability the nanites are capable of, nor can they all use said abilities with the same level of efficiency.
  3. The number of nanites and overall protein storage can alter the effectiveness of the nanites to an extreme degree.

Now, full disclaimer: We are well aware that these are from the newer Valiant universe, whereas many of your scans are from more classic series such as the one put out by Acclaim. Ultimate_Knight admitted he is not overly knowledgeable when it comes to the classic Valient stuff, however he has also stated that the nanites have operated fairly consistently throughout each of the versions he has come across.

With that in mind, I'd say the info posted above is quite damning. Perhaps the classic version of the nanites are not as dangerous or hard to control, but you are going to have to be really thorough when it comes to proving that. Thus far, all of the feats you have posted throughout this CaV has been quite lackluster.

If you fail to prove otherwise then congratulations Warlockmage, you turned your entire team into mindless psycho-killers. Wait, mindless psycho-killers who instinctively go after each other for to gain more nanites.

My Aim

Considering I can think in NANO-second speed, have the mind of a master tactician like Izaya Orihara, and massively enhanced senses in every other area; yea, I should have amazing aim and I should be playing this like a chess match.

Now, I may not have a battle computer in my head, but I sure as hell have the next best thing.

As for your stuff about Deadshot, he either honed his senses as he trained for sniping, or was always an amazing shot because of his senses and he simply trained to make it better. Either way, when you can think in nano seconds perfect aim and leading your opponent into your shots is child's play.

As for Deadshot shooting Midnighter, that scene was pathetic. Midnighter dodged TONS of bullets shot at him, and wasn't hit until he was in the air and no longer able to dodge. Juzuu has performed similar tactics against a high level bullet timer:

Just to show the voters the scene in which Deadshot supposedly beat Midnighter (since you made most of your scans so well hidden), here it is:

Now lets break it down. First thing I noticed is the fact that Midnighter was completely defensive. He avoided tons of bullets, but was unable to retaliate. Why was he unable to retaliate? Because he had no weapon.

Really now. Do you honestly think that Midnighter would have lost that fight if he had a gun and started shooting back? I am not a Midnighter Expert, but given his feats I'd say that with enough knowledge he'd pwn Deadshot in a gunfight any day of the weak.

Actually scratch that. You guys straight up misrepresented the scans. He didn't get shot because it was "his only option". He let himself get shot because it was part of his plan to "make Deadshot scream":

My character is not defenseless, and he has no plans to "make you scream". If Deadshot comes at me like that, I am shooting back either with bullets or with my thrown knives. And yes, Izaya with Suzuya's skills, Kakari enhanced senses, and nano-second thought speed; would play that battle like a chess match.

With my level of reflexes, I should be capable of making bullets collide. Actually, with the high caliber rounds I am using; my bullets would punch right through yours and keep going.

Just to give you an idea of how skilled Juzuu is. Here he dives right into a bunch of heavily armed ghouls, and slaughters them with nothing but a knife:

No Caption Provided

Ghouls have heavily enhanced senses, reflexes, and stats. This is the equivalent of Black Widow diving into a bunch of heavily armed SS enhanced soldiers and slaughtering them all with a knife with sheer skill.

Countering Your Senses:

I'll start by pointing out, that while stealth has never been something emphasized in regards to Juzuu's skilldry; if you look at who his actual opponents are, you very quickly realize that even his briefest of stealth feats are actually extremely impressive.

His main enemy are Ghouls. Ghouls are capable of not only hearing footsteps off in the distance, but also learn someone's very nature:

No Caption Provided

That is extremely impressive. Far more than the scans you chose for the Bloodshot nanites

Here Juzuu casually gives Ayato an SS class (the second highest danger rating) ghoul the slip:

Not only is Ayato an SS ranked ghoul, he's also one known for his superb hearing. Here he gains the complete layout of a room with just his hearing:

No Caption Provided

Yet, Juzuu is able to straight up houdini him.

With that said, literally none of your scans prove any of you are capable of fighting while blind. It's Arkbound and that's it.

If you want more feats, I can dig up scans of him straight up surprise attacking SS ranked ghouls, but I think that is sufficient for now.

Your Bloodshot sensing feat was downright pathetic:

No Caption Provided

You're telling me that because he heard the heartbeat and "labored breathing" of an unhealthy old guy in a cardboard box 3 feet away from him; that you guys are going to be able to beat me in a gunfight blindfolded, despite me being inside a mansion with stone walls?

Your only decent sensing feats are Toph's and only Arkbound has her power. Furthermore, Toph has no feats proving that she can sense projectiles that are FASTER THAN SOUND. In fact, her senses seismic in nature, which means she literally sees with sounds (vibration is sound) that travel through the ground. Which means her senses are obviously slower than my bullets that travel FASTER than sound.

Same with Bloodshot's feat. By the time there are "shifts in the air" the bullets would have already hit you. I don't know who came up with your arguments, but they should really be fired. No really, I want to know who came up with these arguments, so that I know never to hire them.

Furthermore, Toph doesn't even detect metal. I bet your jaw just dropped with that one. Yea, Toph does not have the ability to sense or bend metal.

Instead, she can sense and bend the "impurities" in metal:

https://youtu.be/Z64prTjWEd4

Impurities that would not be found in a modern bullet.

If that's not proof enough:

During the events of the Anti-bending Revolution, it was revealed that metalbending is ineffective against highly purified metal. An example of such a material is platinum, a metal that was used by Hiroshi Sato to create the mecha tanks to counter any effective resistance from the Metalbending Police Force.[20] However, metalbenders can still use other bendable metals to restrain and attack the mecha tanks.

So yes. You guys just blinded yourselves against someone with no scent, who's stealthy enough to hide from people with super-senses; while not even having the feats to prove you'd be able to fight blind against someone with none of these abilities.

And Darwin award goes too....

Countering Your "Invisibility":

So let me get this straight. I have the "All Seeing Eyes of God", and you think you can counter it with some crappy camouflage?

That's what your feats are by the way. Crappy camouflage:

Not only does it straight up say that he's altering the pigmentation of his skin, but he also drops the cloaking as soon as he's moving. Yet you are trying to tell me that you guys are going to be able to do this on the move, despite not having a heavily diluted version of the nanites?

Aside from the fact that earlier in this post I showed feats of the Kakari detecting someone using cloaking magic, the slightest shimmer would make you completely visible to me:

Not to mention that my eyes don't even use visual spectrum light. You can tell just from the special effects when he uses them. Outside of that, he was able to see a flea underneath a mount of fur. Spot someone across the city inside of a building. And observe a character who was moving FASTER than light (Again, light can only move 1 foot in a nano-second. The character I showed diced up an entire room in that nano-second and Leo saw it all).

So yea, your "invisibility" is useless.

The Actual Battle:

I'll start by pointing out that none of the sensing feats you have posted prove you can monitor my mansion from "outside sniping range". None of them. A normal human can snipe as far as 900 meters with nothing but iron-sights, and that's lowballing.

With a scope shots have been made as far as 2000 meters.

My eyes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any scope:

No Caption Provided

On that note, if I snipe Arkbound (who has no feats proving he'd sense pure metal bullets that move well over twice the speed of sound), your entire team loses it's only method of seeing me. From there I could either ghost everyone, or pull a houdini and escape (which would be incredibly easy for someone who treats stone walls like butter).

That's not even the only fatal flaw in your strategy. There's an even bigger one:

Your entire strategy hinges on ONE PERSON. I am talking about Lukehero. Or is it "Lucy Villain"?

I kill her, and your entire team sans 2 people gets stranded in another dimension. Before you say anything, yes I know exactly what Luke's build is because he sent it to me trying to get hired:

No Caption Provided

If that's not proof enough, I can add Luna to the PM for confirmation. He's not the only one either. My character, in meta, has knowledge on Arkbound, Supremegeneration, and likely others that I can't be bothered to remember.

Not only did you hinge your entire strategy on 1 person, but you also gave that person the most complicated and overexposed role in your entire team.

He's the one flying closest to my mansion, and thus the first one I'd notice. His flight feat show a helicopter actually keeping up with her, and her only aerial bullet dodging feat can be chopped up to strategic maneuvers to throw off aim (not unlike what a fighter pilot would do).

Not only are you expecting her to dodge bullets from someone who has heightened senses and thinks in nanoseconds. You are also forcing her to do it while relying on senses (from someone else's point of view), transmitted to her via telepathy (which you have yet to show feats for). Oh, and she's supposed to do this while keeping track of 7 people in 7 different dimensions, while popping portals for said allies, AND throwing dummy portals into the mix as well? Man, if my team made me do all that I'd quit.

How does this portal thing even work? I mean the planet... the universe... the multiverse; is a VERY big place. Maybe Rick Sanchez aka Pervy Old Reed Richards with Toon Force, has the whole thing mapped out in his head; but you sure as hell don't. I didn't see a single super-scientist mind or skillset on your entire team. You have no proof that you'd be able to use the device with any sort of accuracy. Just look at what happened in the very same episode you linked!

https://youtu.be/xh7ODXW8dwY?t=35

The kid stole the thing and immediately got lost. So what's stopping the same from happening to your team? How do we know you aren't going to be walking your team into the sun, or into space, or into the core of the Earth, or into some other inhospitable or openly hostile environment?

You DON'T! 4 out of 7 of your team could end up dead or lost before the battle has even begun, and that's assuming you aren't a bunch of raving lunatics trying to kill each other because of the nanite injections. Actually, aren't you using the portal gun for transportation to get to the outskirts of my property in the first place? Yea, good luck with that...

Other General Counters:

My post is long enough, so I am not going to go through every single step of your plan. Especially when you wouldn't even make it past step 1. All that said, opening a portal directly above me to dump "white phospherous" is a really bad idea. For one, I am not even sure how you are supposed to do this when she uses her arms to fly (and has doesn't have the feats to use a high tech inter-dimensional portal device properly).

That said, I see things in NANO-SECONDS. Yea, NANO-SECONDS. If you look closely at the portals, they start as a small point and grow:

No Caption Provided

Yes, it's very brief. But to any comic peak human, it's a huge tell that can be taken advantage of. For a character who thinks in nano-seconds it may as well be an entire lifetime before those portals fully form.

My character would either toss a knife (or a stream of them), or straight up shoot through the portal before before it grew larger than a foot. This would strike your character by surprise.

As for countering the "phosphorous grenades" (and that's assuming my bullet doesn't strike the grenade as you are dropping it, and causing it to blow up in your face. Given it's 17 meter radius, you'd be completely screwed), my Ka'kari can absorb heat to power itself. Here an imperfect replica handles volcanic temperatures for an extended period of time before overloading:

The volcano won't destroy the red, I don't think. But it does put it beyond reach. Either the red will get caught partway down, but not all the way in the magma, and it'll be impossible for anyone to live long enough to grab it, or it will make it all the way down, soak up as much power as it can hold-a huge amount- and then release it. Over and over.

Your grenades are nowhere near the temperature of a volcano. (this is not durability, this is energy absorption)

On that note, I likely have the reaction timing to straight up knock the grenade back through the portal.

PS: I find it hilarious that nerve gas was banned, but these things are allowed.

As for your "Knockout Gas" I am actually highly resistant to poisons:

His body treated alcohol like any other poison, and healed him of it. It was so efficient that he'd have to drink massive quantities to get himself drunk.

And I can create a gas-mask at a moment's notice (My character doesn't even need to know what a gasmask is, much less how it functions):

Nonetheless, in a moment, the ka'kari had puddled into Kylar's hand and formed an instrument with a flexible bulb on one side that tapered down to an almost needle-point on the other. Kylar had never seen anything like it before.

I also saw something about Wolverine fighting an invisible person by watching for footsteps? I'd love to see how you plan on doing that while blindfolded...

Summary:

• Your Entire Team is built on a house of cards.
  • You have no feats proving that you guys can fight blindfolded.
  • No feats proving you can all handle the bloodshot nanites, or use them to the same effectiveness as Bloodshot himself.
  • You have no one with the knowledge necessary to operate a portal gun with any sort of accuracy.
  • I only need to kill one person to win this (the most exposed person), and that's assuming your team doesn't self-destruct before the fight even starts.
  • No one on your team has shown the ability to detect objects moving faster than sound.
  • Toph cannot detect bullets.
  • I'd fully expect your attack, because no one else is on the premises.
  • The Ka'kari would alert me to your presence, and I would immediately activate my sensing abilities.
  • I have meta knowledge on multiple members of your team.
  • You called my build shoddy, but you guys have perhaps the shoddiest strategy you could have possibly come up with.
  • Furthermore, there is a large amount of evidence suggesting that the nanites, the very key to your strategy; would cause your entire team to try and kill each other, thus ending this fight before it even started.
  • You could also end up stranding your team in another dimension while trying to get to my location in the first place.
#6 Edited by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Assassin Team Post 2.

Sebastian V General Jade Knight: Dawn Of Gaslight Empire(Chapter 2)

No Caption Provided

Team Erik Prep:

Nanite Sharing:

So you think that because you have a feat of him sharing his nanites with 1 person (out of sheer desperation), that he can share his nanites (literally splitting his lifeblood) between 7 different people PLUS the gear that they are using? Also, you didn't even show any feats proving that he had any sort of casual long distance method of communication with her (your communication feat was him hijacking someone else's communications). Nor did you show any feats proving that her ability to utilize the bloodshot nanites was anywhere close to as good as his.

Nanites talk to the user, so the nanites would be talking to us. We've already shown this.

I mean, you are arguing against my skills at utilizing my gear, and the shit I am doing isn't even half as complex as what you are attempting. It could be worse. I mean, you could be injecting yourselves with something that could drive you all insane.

On that note, lets take a closer look at the scans you posted:

First, I'd like to ask why you can't just stack images like normal people. Secondly, these images are lacking in context, and cropped so much not even google image search can tell what the hell they are from.

That said, in the second scan she doesn't look like she's in her right mind, while the third scan says that this strategy is "unusual". Now like I said, I have no idea what the context is for any of this, but the last scan makes it sound like transferring nanites isn't a process that is particularly safe or easy to do.

You're making wild assumptions after admitting ignorance. He injects her without any medical tools:

She wakes up sane and shoots the guy who almost killed her.

No Caption Provided
Later becomes his partner:

Supernatural Defense:

That's a very poor showing. He's very clearly straining his body attempting to counter that magical energy, and your own resistances aren't going to be anywhere near as high due to splitting the nanites between so many people.

Shadowman said Bloodshot looked like a man un-phased in our previous scans. Diluting the nanites is irrelevant since they self-replicate.

My God Eyes on the other hand have worked against demons who specialize in powerful mental magics. This is the demon that you guys showed scans of Leo forcing to vomit:

The members of Libra are downright shocked that the illusion was powerful enough to fool the heightened senses of a werewolf (werewolves and vampires are a huge deal in this setting). The demon himself outright states that Leo is the only one in the entire city capable of seeing through this illusion. This includes the werewolves, members of Libra (who can fight at FTL speeds and deal with supernatural entities such as elder gods), and the "Casters" (a group of magic users who were capable of drawing a barrier that prevented a dimensional collapse that would have ended the world)

It's even worked on beings as powerful as the Devil himself; who not only has the body of a caster via divine possession, but can manipulate fire that burns souls, telekinesis that can crush skyscrapers, and enough raw speed to pass for a DC speedforce user (he outruns his own lasers, and prances around a nano-second timer like it's a joke). Not to mention the fact that he is the abstract embodiment of despair itself.

Even better is that the Eyes themselves have power over all things vision related. This gives it it's own sort of quasi-technopathic ability. Here he hijacks the cameras of a giant truck:

Struggling against the Soul Eater and reality warper is irrelevant. If Zets has that powerlevel, he's wildly over the limits. You assumed the Eye hacking cameras lets them overcome massively complex nanites. That’s silly. Your argument on the illusions' effectiveness are supported by feats unrelated to resisting illusions… Illusions' strength shouldn’t matter, either. When you project something, the team will recognize it because they're blindfolded and shouldn't be able to see.

In addition to this. Izaya Orihara (the mind I chose) is a well known mastermind, who always plans several steps ahead.

http://ww1.cartooncrazy.me/watch/durararax2-ten-episode-8-english-dubbed/

It might be a little confusing to jump in the middle of things, but this episode shows off Izaya's intelligence quite well. If you don't want to watch the full episode, around the 7 minute mark is where the good stuff is. He gets kidnapped (as part of his plan), and predicts the reactions of everyone in that room; even tricking them into thinking that they kidnapped the wrong person.

Izaya's mindset = morals/behavior. Not skills. Izaya's tactical ability is irrelevant.

OOC and "Prep":

Alright, this is just a dumb argument. I am criminal overlord. Of course I am going to be on alert. I own a large property, and the OP states that there is absolutely no one here other than me. If I suddenly detect someone, of course I am going to be alarmed. That right there should settle things.

The argument that you are always on alert as a kingpin is silly. You can claim that you're prepared to react once an attack is known, but your powers won't always be 'on' because the potential for sensory overload, injury, and death.

If you need more, I can point out that the Kakari itself is highly intelligent and capable of warning me of danger. Here it warns Kylar of a magical assassin:

Kylar entered a thin stretch of trees when something whispered coolly in his mind: ~Duck.~

“What?” he said aloud. An arrow drove through Kylar’s chest.

It rocked him back in the saddle, but his horse kept walking, oblivious. Kylar coughed blood. He’d made so many mistakes. Durzo would never have forgiven him for his carelessness. Letting down his guard, going back to the path when he’d worried someone might have been sent after him, taking his own horse rather than stealing someone else’s. It only took one mistake to get you killed, and he’d made many.

Gods, his lungs burned.

~I told you to duck.~

A shadowy form stepped out from behind a tree and took his horse’s reins in one hand, holding a sword in the other. The wetboy let down his shadows—they weren’t nearly as good as Durzo’s, never mind Kylar’s. It was Scarred Wrable. “Well, son of a bitch, ” the wetboy said.

Note that Wetboys are an elite group of assassins who use magic to blend into shadows and muffle sounds:

"You need to hide? Your Talent will bend some light away. You need to walk quietly? It will muffle your steps. But like any talent, it has limits. If you walk in the noonday sun, you'll be seen. If you step on dry leaves, you'll be heard. You're Talented; you're not a god."

As for why Kylar still got hit, this was an extremely early version of Kylar. He hadn't had the Ka'kari for long, in fact this was the first time it had spoke to him. I never get the chance to write a bio due to RL reasons, but my character would have likely had the Ka'kari for longer than Kylar during this scene.

In my case, the Kakari would warn me of danger, and I'd ask it to charge up my other senses as I look around. The Ka'kari responds well to being asked nicely:

Come on, please work!

~Since you ask so nicely… ~

Kylar blinked at that. Then the pooled magic winked out like a candle in a high wind.

If that's not enough, I'll also point out that while the God Eyes do have to consciously be activated; they also operate similarly to speed force in that even when my perception of time is normal, the perception slowing effect will automatically kick the moment it's needed. This was demonstrated in the very scans I showed earlier:

In the above scene, none of the characters had any idea that the portal would appear where it did. Despite this, Leo was able to perceive the entire event in the span of a single nano-second. Just to be clear, light can only travel a distance of 1 foot within the span of a nano-second. So not only did his perception automatically raise purely on reflex, but he observed an FTL monster perform numerous sword slashes dicing up the room.

There was also the scene in the Diner when the Sonic monkey stole his wallet, and none of the humans could see it because it happened so fast.

@lunacyde ruled you don't have precog, making this a waste of time.

Anyways, do I have the ability to see the future? According to the wiki, I actually do. Though I haven't seen the scans yet.

Using a wiki to understand your build?

As for why I would be looking for "invisible enemies", I don't have to. Leo's invisibility detection is 100% passive:

That's him seeing through illusions, not invisibility.

Corpse Bullets, What?

I do NOT have corpse bullets. The Ferali are the monsters that Kylar was fighting. They are the monsters whose regen, the Kakari was able to negate. Every cell in their body is alive, and they are capable of shape-shifting wounds closed much like your Nanites. They did not instantly die when hit, however their bodies were incapable of using their shapeshifting powers (which were still active) to close the wounds. This implies that wounds inflicted by the Kakari have some sort of curse effect which would overpower your heavily diluted Nanites.

If you're covering bullets with magic gunk, you wouldn't be able to fire them in the first place. It will impact the bullets' shape, flight paths, and their fit in the rifle, creating misfires and preventing you from firing accurately or at all. Congrats, your gun is useless.

"Supernatural Resistance"

Your first feat is someone with a soul draining attack:

Sosa is the one opening a link, and the nanites are taking advantage of that. Aside from the fact that you have not proven you can use the nanites to the same degree (due to being heavily dilutes, and also not having the same skills), nothing about this feat proves you can do this to any old magical attack. There has to be some sort of spiritual/magical link for your nanites to take advantage of. Show me an example of you doing that to someone who shot you with a magical bolt for example.

Again, diluting is irrelevant. They self-replicate and we have 24hrs prep.

As for your reality warping feat:

I honestly fail to see how the nanites trying to reboot his brain and failing = resistance. It's honestly like getting a pimp slap from Thanos and saying, "look look, he got hit by Thanos. Yea he disintigrated, but Thanos is way stronger than your character, so that proves he can tank a hit from you!"

It didn't fail, it reconfigured his senses.

"Lack of Prep"

Okay. Just... Really? I swear you people are just throwing whatever pops into your head with no care in the world as to whether or not it makes any sense.

I showed you just how quickly the Kakari shapes itself:

--

The Ka'kari can shape itself instantly. If I am using a bolt action rifle, each bullet would instantly be coated as I load and fire. If I am using a Semi-Auto then I just have to touch the magazine.

Addressed this above.

My Gear and Skills:

God Eyes:

So your proof that my character doesn't have the skill to use the eyes is a scene in which a normal teenage photographer, with absolutely no experience in dealing with the supernatural, learns how to perform an advanced ability on the fly? That's some good stuff right there.

You are actually arguing that the normal teenager would have better skills with the eyes than someone with the mind of a text-book "Magnificent Bastard" like Izaya Orihara? A guy who is known to have a deep fascination for the supernatural, and knowledge about things ranging from the head of a dulluhan to a cursed demon sword? It would be completely in character for Sebastian to have experimented and figure out all of the abilities at his disposal. Not to mention the fact that he has access to an ancient sentient artifact that can help him explore the full capabilities of the eyes.

In any case, this whole argument is moot, as I didn't actually start out with any of these abilities. I had to separately buy the skill to use each and every single ability granted by the eyes for 500 a pop. So yes, I do have the skills necessary to use them in this way.

• You're lowballing Leonardo Watch's skills, experience and overall abilities.
  • You don't have Izaya's skill set and knowledge. Read the rules.
  • From Luna:

"He didn't buy skill, be bought access to aspects of the item. For example if I divided up the different aspects of Dredd's Lawgiver and made someone purchase them separately they are just getting access to the weapon's different abilities, it doesn't make them a more skilled marksman."

You don't even understand the basics of the game.

The Black Kakari:

You know what I hate most? Now, this is a huge pet peeve of mine when it comes to CaVing... I absolutely cannot stand it, when people think that it's a good idea to try and do some half-assed research on their opponent's characters. It's one thing to research a specific scene for better context, but do you honestly think a little bit of research is going to make you more knowledgeable on the overall character than actual fan? Worse is when you flip through and pick out what fits your little narrative, and throw it out there with such conviction. It's just so, so, annoying to deal with.

Your argument is a logical fallacy. It’s an appeal to authority, where you've inserted yourself as an authority because you like the series and thus, no researcher can know as much as you.

I just have to laugh at you claiming Kylar can use the Kakari because he's good at the talent. You really stepped on a land-mine with that one. Get this, Kylar isn't able to use the Kakari because he has talent, he's able to use talent because he has the Kakari. Before having the Kakari, Kylar was complete and utter shit at magic. No, wait, scratch that. He wasn't bad at magic. He couldn't use it at ALL! Yes, the all powerful arch-mage Kylar cannot use any magic without the Kakari. He outright lacks the fundamental biology necessary to use magic in his world:

The quotes and accompanying explanations convey our point. The Ka'Kari works because Kylar has latent Talent, but can't use it. Durzo stated that as the purpose of their conception. To act as a conduit for those who have Talent.

Having a large amount of talent has never once been stated as a condition for the Kakari to bond to you.

Besides Durzo stating this was not only the Ka'Kari's purpose but the very reason it was attracted to him?

The Kakari itself supplies the user with magic by devouring objects and energy.

But it doesn't mean Talent-less chumps can use it. It functions as a conduit for a Talent-ed wielder. You're suggesting it produces magic that anyone can use? Any proof? Because that's speculative from our PoV.

Player characters are capable of buying any power they want, as long as it fits the rules of the game; including ones that are magical in nature (assuming that for the sake of plot, they aren't ALL considered magical in nature). This means that EVERY player character has large amounts of untapped magical potential.

You're implying that you automatically have the prerequisites for items, but that's not how it works. You need to fit the requirements of your items, which is why Luna allowed us to attack you on this.

This was my chosen starting item. Again, I didn't get the chance to write my bio due to RL reasons; but you have no idea how long I have had this thing. With my characters analytical mind, it would have been wholly in character for me to have explored each and every single usage of this item. It does come with a built in manual after-all.

You don’t have Izaya’s skills.

You’re trying to retroactively provide yourself with character history. You can’t. For example: You can’t create a character with no skills, write him a backstory of an immortal with eons of experience, and assume your build will do well. You still have to purchase fighting skill just like everyone else.

Especially when you consider that it's bound to mind and soul. With my nano-second perception speed I could have 7 million years worth of conversation within a 1 second time-span. Obviously I'd spread out my conversations to make it easier to absorb and utilize the information, but in all honesty I should be able to use it even better than Kylar does (obviously ignoring the physical amps which I am not allowed to do yet).

We addressed this silliness above. Furthermore, you never provided evidence that you can think at comparable speeds to those you can see. As far as we know that's a skill Watch develops over time.

Bloodshot Nanites:

If you want to talk about gear and the skill to use it, lets talk about the bloodshot nanites. Now don't get me wrong, I am not an expert on your characters. However, one of your own scans stuck out to me:

Here you posted a scene in which Bloodshot uses his technopathy to take over and pop the heads of two other nanite users. Now, I don't even know how that is supposed to connect to you being able to do anything even remotely similar to the Kakari.

With that said, all I really took from this scene is that no two nanite users are equal. Seriously, how else do you explain him pwning two other nanite users to such a degree? Clearly the level of control differs from person to person.

Warlockmage has Black Panther's skill set, a Dr. Doom-level genius. In classic Valiant bloodshot was a street thug. In the valiant story he's a soldier. Black Panther can handle the nanites. Our skill to handle them is irrelevant since they'll follow Warlockmage's commands.

With all the evidence posted above, he has concluded that:

1. The Nanites are quite dangerous and often drive people insane.
  2. Different people adjust to the nanites at different rates. Not everyone who uses the nanites has access to every ability the nanites are capable of, nor can they all use said abilities with the same level of efficiency.
  3. The number of nanites and overall protein storage can alter the effectiveness of the nanites to an extreme degree.

Now, full disclaimer: We are well aware that these are from the newer Valiant universe, whereas many of your scans are from more classic series such as the one put out by Acclaim. Ultimate_Knight admitted he is not overly knowledgeable when it comes to the classic Valient stuff, however he has also stated that the nanites have operated fairly consistently throughout each of the versions he has come across.

With that in mind, I'd say the info posted above is quite damning. Perhaps the classic version of the nanites are not as dangerous or hard to control, but you are going to have to be really thorough when it comes to proving that. Thus far, all of the feats you have posted throughout this CaV has been quite lackluster.

If you fail to prove otherwise then congratulations Warlockmage, you turned your entire team into mindless psycho-killers. Wait, mindless psycho-killers who instinctively go after each other for to gain more nanites.

You were so "confident(sarcastic)" in this argument, you added a disclaimer? Already proved this. From Bloodshot Reborn and Bloodshot USA:

Geomancer tried to get rid of nanites by force, but ended up creating the virus that made people crazy. We're not forcefully taking nanites, he's willingly giving them to people, like with his girlfriend.

Other people handle nanites without going crazy. These guys work with Bloodshot(Ray) in 'Reborn' & 'USA.' Why would your source leave out these details? Notice the dog can use nanites.

Ninjak calls them Bloodshot's allies. Ray isn't the only person who can handle them... Geomancer made those nanites drive people crazy, then the company turned them into a mass weapon.

1. Bloodshot has the blood of heroes.
  2. It speaks when you have a connection to it.
  3. Confirmed magical by Ajax (Why it's effective vs supernatural attacks).
  1. Starts working with a new user in minutes, we have 24hrs.

My Aim

Considering I can think in NANO-second speed, have the mind of a master tactician like Izaya Orihara, and massively enhanced senses in every other area; yea, I should have amazing aim and I should be playing this like a chess match.

Now, I may not have a battle computer in my head, but I sure as hell have the next best thing.

Izazaya's mind doesn't make you a tactician (RULES).

As for Deadshot shooting Midnighter, that scene was pathetic. Midnighter dodged TONS of bullets shot at him, and wasn't hit until he was in the air and no longer able to dodge. Juzuu has performed similar tactics against a high level bullet timer:

Unless this person is Midnighter level it's not very relevant.

Just to show the voters the scene in which Deadshot supposedly beat Midnighter (since you made most of your scans so well hidden), here it is:

Now lets break it down. First thing I noticed is the fact that Midnighter was completely defensive. He avoided tons of bullets, but was unable to retaliate. Why was he unable to retaliate? Because he had no weapon.

Really now. Do you honestly think that Midnighter would have lost that fight if he had a gun and started shooting back? I am not a Midnighter Expert, but given his feats I'd say that with enough knowledge he'd pwn Deadshot in a gunfight any day of the weak.

Actually scratch that. You guys straight up misrepresented the scans. He didn't get shot because it was "his only option". He let himself get shot because it was part of his plan to "make Deadshot scream":

My character is not defenseless, and he has no plans to "make you scream". If Deadshot comes at me like that, I am shooting back either with bullets or with my thrown knives. And yes, Izaya with Suzuya's skills, Kakari enhanced senses, and nano-second thought speed; would play that battle like a chess match.

We didn't misrepresent anything. He says "There's one way to make you scream Lawton. One in a million. But I just found it." He only had one option to get shot in a safe place. Avoiding lots of bullets is irrelevant since you're not Midnighter, and our Deadshot(Fetts) has lots of bullets.

With my level of reflexes, I should be capable of making bullets collide. Actually, with the high caliber rounds I am using; my bullets would punch right through yours and keep going.

Unsubstantiated claim.

Just to give you an idea of how skilled Juzuu is. Here he dives right into a bunch of heavily armed ghouls, and slaughters them with nothing but a knife:

No Caption Provided

Ghouls have heavily enhanced senses, reflexes, and stats. This is the equivalent of Black Widow diving into a bunch of heavily armed SS enhanced soldiers and slaughtering them all with a knife with sheer skill.

This just shows him spam-fighting Ghouls who are standing still and aren't tactical (from what you've shown).

Countering Your Senses:

I'll start by pointing out, that while stealth has never been something emphasized in regards to Juzuu's skilldry; if you look at who his actual opponents are, you very quickly realize that even his briefest of stealth feats are actually extremely impressive.

His main enemy are Ghouls. Ghouls are capable of not only hearing footsteps off in the distance, but also learn someone's very nature:

That is extremely impressive. Far more than the scans you chose for the Bloodshot nanites

Here Juzuu casually gives Ayato an SS class (the second highest danger rating) ghoul the slip:

Not only is Ayato an SS ranked ghoul, he's also one known for his superb hearing. Here he gains the complete layout of a room with just his hearing:

Yet, Juzuu is able to straight up houdini him.

With that said, literally none of your scans prove any of you are capable of fighting while blind. It's Arkbound and that's it.

You misread.

Best Tiger(Lannible), Wolverine(Esquire), Deadshot(Fetts), Arkbound has seismic senses. Lannible has Daredevil senses. Fetts has War-Machine's proximity radar. Everyone has nanites...

Your Bloodshot sensing feat was downright pathetic:

You're telling me that because he heard the heartbeat and "labored breathing" of an unhealthy old guy in a cardboard box 3 feet away from him; that you guys are going to be able to beat me in a gunfight blindfolded, despite me being inside a mansion with stone walls?

Your only decent sensing feats are Toph's and only Arkbound has her power. Furthermore, Toph has no feats proving that she can sense projectiles that are FASTER THAN SOUND. In fact, her senses seismic in nature, which means she literally sees with sounds (vibration is sound) that travel through the ground. Which means her senses are obviously slower than my bullets that travel FASTER than sound.

Same with Bloodshot's feat. By the time there are "shifts in the air" the bullets would have already hit you. I don't know who came up with your arguments, but they should really be fired. No really, I want to know who came up with these arguments, so that I know never to hire them.

You're lowballing.

Bloodshot sensing high-velocity sniper bullet(s).

The bad guy had a special nanite scan blocker.

Senses vital signs of a warehouse full of men.

Seeing at night.

Furthermore, Toph doesn't even detect metal. I bet your jaw just dropped with that one. Yea, Toph does not have the ability to sense or bend metal.

Instead, she can sense and bend the "impurities" in metal:

https://youtu.be/Z64prTjWEd4

Impurities that would not be found in a modern bullet.

If that's not proof enough:

During the events of the Anti-bending Revolution, it was revealed that metalbending is ineffective against highly purified metal. An example of such a material is platinum, a metal that was used by Hiroshi Sato to create the mecha tanks to counter any effective resistance from the Metalbending Police Force.[20] However, metalbenders can still use other bendable metals to restrain and attack the mecha tanks.

So yes. You guys just blinded yourselves against someone with no scent, who's stealthy enough to hide from people with super-senses; while not even having the feats to prove you'd be able to fight blind against someone with none of these abilities.

Bullets aren't pure lead due to costs and barrel residue causing issues. Most bullets, especially high velocity rounds like yours, are alloys. They will have lead cores, girding metal, cupronickel, copper, and steel. Toph could sense these, plus sensing your vibrations as you move to shoot.

Countering Your "Invisibility":

So let me get this straight. I have the "All Seeing Eyes of God", and you think you can counter it with some crappy camouflage?

That's what your feats are by the way. Crappy camouflage:

Not only does it straight up say that he's altering the pigmentation of his skin, but he also drops the cloaking as soon as he's moving. Yet you are trying to tell me that you guys are going to be able to do this on the move, despite not having a heavily diluted version of the nanites?

Aside from the fact that earlier in this post I showed feats of the Kakari detecting someone using cloaking magic, the slightest shimmer would make you completely visible to me:

At no point does it state that it must be dropped. That's an assumption.

Not to mention that my eyes don't even use visual spectrum light. You can tell just from the special effects when he uses them. Outside of that, he was able to see a flea underneath a mount of fur. Spot someone across the city inside of a building. And observe a character who was moving FASTER than light (Again, light can only move 1 foot in a nano-second. The character I showed diced up an entire room in that nano-second and Leo saw it all).

So yea, your "invisibility" is useless.

Glowing eyes don't mean seeing beyond the visible spectrum, you must prove that. Seeing the flea doesn't mean Leo saw through anything, the gif illustrates a clear path to the flea. The creature moving ftl only means that once the light struck the creature, that light traveled to the character. It only indicates that he was able to see a character for as long as light was touching it (which is the nanosecond).

The Actual Battle:

I'll start by pointing out that none of the sensing feats you have posted prove you can monitor my mansion from "outside sniping range". None of them. A normal human can snipe as far as 900 meters with nothing but iron-sights, and that's lowballing.

With a scope shots have been made as far as 2000 meters.

Your actual shooting range wouldn't be 2000 meters you're shooting through walls, objects in the house, ceiling, etc. The range of your bullets would be lowered in addition to the things already stated from your Ka’kari.

On that note, if I snipe Arkbound (who has no feats proving he'd sense pure metal bullets that move well over twice the speed of sound), your entire team loses it's only method of seeing me. From there I could either ghost everyone, or pull a houdini and escape (which would be incredibly easy for someone who treats stone walls like butter).

Toph(Ark) would sense your vibrations. We also have other before mentioned abilities.

I didn't see a single super-scientist mind or skillset on your entire team.

-_- You mean like Black Panther?

Other General Counters:

My post is long enough, so I am not going to go through every single step of your plan. Especially when you wouldn't even make it past step 1. All that said, opening a portal directly above me to dump "white phospherous" is a really bad idea. For one, I am not even sure how you are supposed to do this when she uses her arms to fly (and has doesn't have the feats to use a high tech inter-dimensional portal device properly).

That said, I see things in NANO-SECONDS. Yea, NANO-SECONDS. If you look closely at the portals, they start as a small point and grow:

Yes, it's very brief. But to any comic peak human, it's a huge tell that can be taken advantage of. For a character who thinks in nano-seconds it may as well be an entire lifetime before those portals fully form.

My character would either toss a knife (or a stream of them), or straight up shoot through the portal before before it grew larger than a foot. This would strike your character by surprise.

As for countering the "phosphorous grenades" (and that's assuming my bullet doesn't strike the grenade as you are dropping it, and causing it to blow up in your face. Given it's 17 meter radius, you'd be completely screwed), my Ka'kari can absorb heat to power itself. Here an imperfect replica handles volcanic temperatures for an extended period of time before overloading:

Your grenades are nowhere near the temperature of a volcano. (this is not durability, this is energy absorption)

On that note, I likely have the reaction timing to straight up knock the grenade back through the portal.

PS: I find it hilarious that nerve gas was banned, but these things are allowed.

As for your "Knockout Gas" I am actually highly resistant to poisons:

His body treated alcohol like any other poison, and healed him of it. It was so efficient that he'd have to drink massive quantities to get himself drunk.

And I can create a gas-mask at a moment's notice (My character doesn't even need to know what a gasmask is, much less how it functions):

Nonetheless, in a moment, the ka'kari had puddled into Kylar's hand and formed an instrument with a flexible bulb on one side that tapered down to an almost needle-point on the other. Kylar had never seen anything like it before.

• The bullets would be slowed for reasons already explained.
  • Sleeping Gas =/= poison. Sedatives can work on healing factors that nullify poisons (example Wolverine and Deadpool can still be KOed by tranq darts).
  • We wouldn't need to stick hands through the portal to drop a grenade. If you shoot a grenade dropped on you it will blow up on your side of the portal.

I also saw something about Wolverine fighting an invisible person by watching for footsteps? I'd love to see how you plan on doing that while blindfolded...

That wasn't the only example. He would hear you crunch through the debris created by our initial attack.

Summary:

Your Entire Team is built on a house of cards.

You have no feats proving that you guys can fight blindfolded.

No feats proving you can all handle the bloodshot nanites, or use them to the same effectiveness as Bloodshot himself.

You have no one with the knowledge necessary to operate a portal gun with any sort of accuracy.

I only need to kill one person to win this (the most exposed person), and that's assuming your team doesn't self-destruct before the fight even starts.

No one on your team has shown the ability to detect objects moving faster than sound.

Toph cannot detect bullets.

I'd fully expect your attack, because no one else is on the premises.

The Ka'kari would alert me to your presence, and I would immediately activate my sensing abilities.

I have meta knowledge on multiple members of your team.

You called my build shoddy, but you guys have perhaps the shoddiest strategy you could have possibly come up with.

Furthermore, there is a large amount of evidence suggesting that the nanites, the very key to your strategy; would cause your entire team to try and kill each other, thus ending this fight before it even started.

You could also end up stranding your team in another dimension while trying to get to my location in the first place.

• We've shown you plenty of feats fighting blind, you ignored them.
  • Most of the Nanites' abilities are automatic, and they help the user on their own. Even a dog used them.
  • Portal: Dumb Morty used the gun, we have Black Panther and Deadpool are familiar with teleportation tech.
  • Even if Luke died, the portals he opened would remain open till he closed them. When Rick runs away the portal stays open. Even as they move through another portal.
  • Everyone with nanites can detect high velocity rounds moving. Also your bullets wouldn't be that fast after they hit a wall/object.
  • Toph can detect the impure metal in bullets, not that she needs to since by your strategy of covering your bullets with magic gunk you won’t even be able to use it.
  • If you have your eyes on all the time you would die/damage them. You don't have precog and you would risk sensory overload, especially since you don't have Leonardo Watch's established skill of being able to sort through all of the info you would be getting.
  • You only have knowledge of opponents that you have disclosed their builds to you and those you can identify.
  • Nanites will work fine.

It's crystal clear you don't understand the rules of the game as you think you have powers, skills, and abilities that you don't. You didn't even understand the basic speed limits of the game to such a degree you felt the need to go back and alter a sizable chunk out of your initial post in secret.

#7 Posted by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Zets Final Post

No Caption Provided

Your Prep:

Nanites:

Nanites talk to the user, so the nanites would be talking to us. We've already shown this.

You haven't shown proof that every user interacts with the same AI, or that it's capable of perfectly sharing information throughout each of its hosts. Especially to a level in which would allow you guys to share your senses (without confusing anyone due to PoV).

You're making wild assumptions after admitting ignorance. He injects her without any medical tools:

Still not convinced of anything.

You can clearly see that he's running an analysis to see if any other option would work. Meanwhile the nanite AI itself was completely silent; never once suggesting that injecting her would be an easy solution. Only after exhausting every other option did he fall back to the nanites. He even says "your pain, but--- the consequences".

Shadowman said Bloodshot looked like a man un-phased in our previous scans. Diluting the nanites is irrelevant since they self-replicate.

I don't see anything relevant in the first scan. The only section that talks about self-replication in your second scan is the part where it says that scientists fear that the nanites could replicate uncontrollably leading to a Grey Goo scenario. Proof your characters can activate self-replication without losing control? Can you guarantee that forcing them to rapidly replicate wouldn't carry the risk of killing your characters due to protein consumption?

Supernatural Resistance:

If Zets has that powerlevel, he's wildly over the limits.

This is some really weird double-standard logic you got going here. Temporarily "resisting" a reality warper is "within limits"; but overpowering someone who "temporarily resisted" reality warping, isn't?

You have not proven that Warlock can use the nanites with the same efficiency as Bloodshot.

llusions' strength shouldn’t matter, either. When you project something, the team will recognize it because they're blindfolded and shouldn't be able to see.

Knowing it's just an illusion won't stop the motion sickness:

You assumed the Eye hacking cameras lets them overcome massively complex nanites. That’s silly.

Oh, but nanites hacking a computer and Deadpool's limited use of teleportation technology will let you control a multiversal, inter-dimensional, teleportation device (made by a completely different inventor than the tech DP uses)? Like I said, double standards...

Izaya's mindset = morals/behavior. Not skills. Izaya's tactical ability is irrelevant.

Izaya's morals/behavior is what gives him his tactical mindset. I'm not arguing I'd be using Izaya's tactics, I'm arguing that my character would use Juzuu's skillset to behave tactically because that's how Izaya behaves.

Juzuu uses tactics to tag faster characters all the time:

OOC and Prep:

I don't need to have every sense kicked up to a 11. I can keep my senses in a mildly enhanced state, then activate them as needed:

"Kylar was about to curse aloud when he became aware of a presence in the wood. He filled his lungs with a deep, slow breath, willing his senses to come alive."

Besides, the Kakari itself is always on alert even when the host is not. I showed an excerpt proving it in my last post.

That's him seeing through illusions, not invisibility.

Invisibility is just a type of illusion and I already showed the Kakari detecting invisible people. Besides, you have yet to prove your camouflage completely eliminates the visual spectrum or how effective it is when moving (If at all).

The Bullets:

If you're covering bullets with magic gunk, you wouldn't be able to fire them in the first place. It will impact the bullets' shape, flight paths, and their fit in the rifle, creating misfires and preventing you from firing accurately or at all. Congrats, your gun is useless.

It's not gunk, it's a sentient metal that can freely mold itself into any shape. It can shape itself to fit the barrel, and only a thin coating on the tip is necessary.

Again, diluting is irrelevant. They self-replicate and we have 24hrs prep.

Proof you can control this?

Gear and Skills:

Leo is a random kid. There is nothing in the series that suggests any sort of necessary skill to use the eyes.

"He didn't buy skill, be bought access to aspects of the item. For example if I divided up the different aspects of Dredd's Lawgiver and made someone purchase them separately they are just getting access to the weapon's different abilities, it doesn't make them a more skilled marksman."

Access is all I need. I either have the abilities or I don't. Here's a simpler example, Starlord's elemental gun has 4 settings. Buying each of the elements means I can use each element, regardless of my aiming skills. That's all I need, access to the eye's abilities. There's no special, skill reliant way of using the eyes.

The Black Kakari:

Yea, that's not what appeal to authority (voters, do read for clarification) is. It's only a fallacy if someone is falsely presenting themselves as an authoritative figure. If someone has read and enjoyed the series, then they are a reliable authority on the subject. Certainly more so than someone who has never read the series at all.

Besides Durzo stating this was not only the Ka'Kari's purpose but the very reason it was attracted to him?

I assume you are talking about this quote:

“The ka’kari were made for people ‘broken’ like you are. There’s supposed to be an attraction between people who are vastly Talented but don’t have a conduit and the ka’kari. You were supposed to call it, Kylar. You don’t know how to bond it, so you’d call it, hand it over, and I’d be immortal.”

Attraction =/= Rule.

He's talking about the replica Ka'kari which were based on the original black Ka'kari. The Black Ka'kari is also the only one capable of devouring matter and energy and converting it into magic for the user to utilize.

But it doesn't mean Talent-less chumps can use it. It functions as a conduit for a Talent-ed wielder. You're suggesting it produces magic that anyone can use? Any proof? Because that's speculative from our PoV.

Talent in this context, is magical energy. Anyone with a conduit can use talent. The Ka'kari can act as the conduit.

You’re trying to retroactively provide yourself with character history. You can’t. For example: You can’t create a character with no skills, write him a backstory of an immortal with eons of experience, and assume your build will do well. You still have to purchase fighting skill just like everyone else.

Luna ruled that we are aware of each of the abilities our items possess:

No Caption Provided

Logically, given my character's mind, he'd have experimented to make sure he could activate each ability at will. That's all the skill he needs.

you never provided evidence that you can think at comparable speeds to those you can see

If your brain is able to process images at those speeds, then you are clearly able to think at those speeds.

Nanites

Warlockmage has Black Panther's skill set, a Dr. Doom-level genius. In classic Valiant bloodshot was a street thug. In the valiant story he's a soldier. Black Panther can handle the nanites. Our skill to handle them is irrelevant since they'll follow Warlockmage's commands.

More double standards. I'll just post your own arguments:

Without any skill or experience there doesn't appear to be any conclusive evidence that you'll be capable of doing anything remotely complex with the [nanites] and suggesting that you'll replicating the same feats as [Bloodshot], well... It's unlikely.

--

What you, however, are claiming is that at this stage - without the skill or experience of a previous wielder of the [nanites] - you'll be capable of using them to the same degree as [Bloodshot]

--

One of the many problems with your build is you don't have it's original users experience and skill

Nanite Insanity:

Geomancer tried to get rid of nanites by force, but ended up creating the virus that made people crazy. We're not forcefully taking nanites, he's willingly giving them to people, like with his girlfriend.

Why would forceful removal make the nanites cause people to go insane, if it wasn't already a danger to begin with?

Other people handle nanites without going crazy. These guys work with Bloodshot(Ray) in 'Reborn' & 'USA.' Why would your source leave out these details? Notice the dog can use nanites.

Those soldiers were also created under the same professional conditions that Bloodshot was. They are his predecessors from different generations. That hardly proves that you can inject just anyone with nanites and expect them to adapt perfectly.

If it's easy to create functioning Bloodshot soldiers, why only 1 per generation? Why don't the company owners use it? They were willing to release it as a virus, so cost isn't the issue...

Starts working with a new user in minutes, we have 24hrs.

Did you actually read your scans?

No Caption Provided

"The voices told me that you are the one"

My Aim:

Avoiding lots of bullets is irrelevant since you're not Midnighter

You're right. I am someone who perceives FTL movement, has the skill-set of a peak human who (through sheer skill) can give supersonic characters trouble.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Unlike Midnighter, I SHOOT BACK!

Your Senses:

Wolverine relies on heightened senses that your characters don't have.

Arkbound has seismic senses. Lannible has Daredevil senses. Fetts has War-Machine's proximity radar. Everyone has nanites..

War-Machine's proximity radar requires you to use your eyes. Your OP only lists Daredevil's body and claims radar senses from this. While I suppose you'd gain his immense hearing, the actual radar senses are considered a power which you aren't supposed to be able to start with.

He was practically face to face with them. All he was shown to determine was that they were scared. Nothing about this proves it can substitute for vision.

He didn't detect the sniper bullet until AFTER it was already fired:

No Caption Provided

Then he failed to track the bullet back to the shooter...

They will have lead cores, girding metal, cupronickel, copper, and steel.

I point out that she can't sense metals, only earthly impurities; and you point out that my bullets are mixed with.... A bunch of other metals?

Proof that she can detect supersonic projectiles with vibration (sound) based senses? Also Earth-bending senses (detecting rocks) are separate from Seismic-Senses (as the seismic sense works through vibrations in the ground, which doesn't reach into the air, or things Toph isn't connected to).

Toph could sense these, plus sensing your vibrations as you move to shoot.

So... Glorified aim-dodging... Which you think will work against a character who is just as fast as you, has a history of tagging high end bullet timers with throwing knives, and enough stealth to throw off Ghoul senses?

Your Invisibility:

At no point does it state that it must be dropped. That's an assumption.

At no point does it state he's able to move with it on. That's also an assumption. If it's easy to remain invisible during movement, why not use it all the time?

Glowing eyes don't mean seeing beyond the visible spectrum, you must prove that. Seeing the flea doesn't mean Leo saw through anything, the gif illustrates a clear path to the flea.

The Gif showed his vision zooming through hairs that were in the way:

No Caption Provided

Zooms through rubble:

No Caption Provided

The creature moving ftl only means that once the light struck the creature, that light traveled to the character. It only indicates that he was able to see a character for as long as light was touching it (which is the nanosecond).

He saw the whole thing, not just a "split nano-second" of it. Not possible if he required light, as the creature is ftl. Here he watches the creature (Only appears for 1 nano-second at a time. Light = 1 ft/nano) performing a sword slash:

The Actual Battle:

Your actual shooting range wouldn't be 2000 meters you're shooting through walls, objects in the house, ceiling, etc. The range of your bullets would be lowered in addition to the things already stated from your Ka’kari.

Ka'kari coating

Kylar brought some of the ka'kari to his fingertips, sharpened it into a claw, and tested it against the pillar. His fingers sank in like it was butter.

You haven't shown any distance feats. Review the Rules:

Supernatural Sixth Senses (Daredevil Radar Sense, etc. 400 meter limit)

On the subject of rules, Forceful BFR via portals is banned:

No Caption Provided

Sleeping Gas =/= poison. Sedatives can work on healing factors that nullify poisons (example Wolverine and Deadpool can still be KOed by tranq darts).

Sedatives ARE a type of poison.

The example I showed in which Kylar mentioned he was immune to poisons in general, was alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant, aka a sedative.

We wouldn't need to stick hands through the portal to drop a grenade. If you shoot a grenade dropped on you it will blow up on your side of the portal.

Are you pretending that your portals don't go both ways? I start shooting as soon as the portal begins forming. Since you are trying to toss a grenade through the portal, chances are my bullets will hit you or the grenade before it goes through.

That wasn't the only example. He would hear you crunch through the debris created by our initial attack.

Did Ayato's ghoul senses detect Juzuu stealthing through debris?

Didn't think so.

Summary:

• Tons of double standards and contradictory reasoning.
  • No proof you can utilize the nanites without going insane, much less as well as Bloodshot himself.
  • You have diluted the nanites across 7 people + equipment, yet still expect the nanites to perform a ridiculous amount of tasks all at once. The nanties are well known to cause stress on the user's body (requiring high amounts of protein to function)
  • You tried to use your sensing feats past range limits and use your portals in illegal ways.
  • No proof that your character would have the knowledge necessary to work the portal gun without getting lost.
  • My bullets would maintain their normal speeds as the ka'kari would allow them to treat walls like butter.

The portals staying open as Rick ran away only proves he can keep them open. It doesn't prove they would stay open if he dropped it, nor does it prove they would stay open if he died. Either way, once he's dead there'd be no new portals and I'd have ample time to escape.

You didn't even understand the basic speed limits of the game to such a degree you felt the need to go back and alter a sizable chunk out of your initial post in secret.

You make it sound like I edited my post AFTER you responded. That was not the case, and there was no secret.

#8 Posted by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Assassin Team Final Post

Sebastian V General Jade Knight: Dawn Of Gaslight Empire (Chapter 3 Season Finale)

Nanites:

You haven't shown proof that every user interacts with the same AI, or that it's capable of perfectly sharing information throughout each of its hosts. Especially to a level in which would allow you guys to share your senses (without confusing anyone due to PoV).

Your assumption is that the nanites, under one person’s command, are not able to communicate sensory information among 7 people without evidence to support you.

You can clearly see that he's running an analysis to see if any other option would work. Meanwhile the nanite AI itself was completely silent; never once suggesting that injecting her would be an easy solution. Only after exhausting every other option did he fall back to the nanites. He even says "your pain, but--- the consequences".

Again, this is an argument made without supporting evidence.

I don't see anything relevant in the first scan. The only section that talks about self-replication in your second scan is the part where it says that scientists fear that the nanites could replicate uncontrollably leading to a Grey Goo scenario. Proof your characters can activate self-replication without losing control? Can you guarantee that forcing them to rapidly replicate wouldn't carry the risk of killing your characters due to protein consumption?

He does this all the time. Here is an example from Harbinger Wars.

No Caption Provided

Supernatural Resistance:

This is some really weird double-standard logic you got going here. Temporarily "resisting" a reality warper is "within limits"; but overpowering someone who "temporarily resisted" reality warping, isn't?

There are no limitations to resistances in this game. However, mental attacks are subject to limitations. Please see the rules.

You have not proven that Warlock can use the nanites with the same efficiency as Bloodshot.

Warlock's skills are those of Black Panther:

• 8th smartest man on Marvel Earth
  • Created a techno jungle under Wakanda
  • Creates a power damper in 10 mins
  • Creates an anti-power device with department store supplies

Warlocke has had 24hrs preparation for this assassination and 2-4 weeks from the first round to study become accustomed to the nanites. Considering a dog could use them effectively and Bloodshot is an average solider/or thug in stories, we're sure Panther can use them effectively.

Knowing it's just an illusion won't stop the motion sickness:

The motion sickness is created from taking control of fields of vision, our eyes are closed and we're wearing blindfolds.

Oh, but nanites hacking a computer and Deadpool's limited use of teleportation technology will let you control a multiversal, inter-dimensional, teleportation device (made by a completely different inventor than the tech DP uses)? Like I said, double standards...

The computer was advance tech, not Best Buy.

• Can rewrite root system code with a thought.
  • Cracked an advanced alien encryption in a few moments.

With Black Panther's intellect, there should be no control issue. There is no double standard. We just have working builds, you don't. The nanites can hack the device, as demonstrated via evidence. The nanites control the very electrical impulses in technology and change programming on the fly, which again, was demonstrated with evidence.

Izaya's morals/behavior is what gives him his tactical mindset. I'm not arguing I'd be using Izaya's tactics, I'm arguing that my character would use Juzuu's skillset to behave tactically because that's how Izaya behaves.

You have provided evidence for Izaya’s tactical skills. Tactics are skills in this game, not belonging to the mind. You were confused about the rules, which means your build isn’t even what you thought it was. This is just mental gymnastics.

Juzuu uses tactics to tag faster characters all the time:

The evidence you presented outright states that Juzuu was too fast to dodge.

OOC and Prep:

I don't need to have every sense kicked up to a 11. I can keep my senses in a mildly enhanced state, then activate them as needed:

"Kylar was about to curse aloud when he became aware of a presence in the wood. He filled his lungs with a deep, slow breath, willing his senses to come alive."

You never justified this rationally, which was a requirement as per the GM. Additionally, the quote you supplied states that he did not “will” his senses alive until after he became aware of a presence. You would be dead by the time you were aware of us.

Besides, the Kakari itself is always on alert even when the host is not. I showed an excerpt proving it in my last post.

You haven’t established that rapport with the Ka’kari, which even you acknowledge is required. You tried to retroactively change your character’s canon to allow you a more developed relationship with the Ka’kari mid-battle.

Invisibility is just a type of illusion and I already showed the Kakari detecting invisible people. Besides, you have yet to prove your camouflage completely eliminates the visual spectrum or how effective it is when moving (If at all).

Your Ka’kari has been proven to not automatically work for you. You haven’t had it long enough for it to be useful. The EM range of the invisibility doesn’t matter. Without the Ka’kari, you can't detect us.

The Bullets:

It's not gunk, it's a sentient metal that can freely mold itself into any shape. It can shape itself to fit the barrel, and only a thin coating on the tip is necessary.

Changing a bullet in the slightest manner would change its speed and trajectory. Your character isn't a technician. Your plan would turn your gun into a useless dud.

Gear and Skills:

Leo is a random kid. There is nothing in the series that suggests any sort of necessary skill to use the eyes.

Experience is a powerful teacher. Regardless, you haven’t had the time to develop your skills. Knowing how to use a bow doesn’t give you Hawkeye skill.

Access is all I need. I either have the abilities or I don't. Here's a simpler example, Starlord's elemental gun has 4 settings. Buying each of the elements means I can use each element, regardless of my aiming skills. That's all I need, access to the eye's abilities. There's no special, skill reliant way of using the eyes.

You have access to the abilities just like a child sometimes gets access to his dad’s gun-vault. You need the skills to sift through the information. Wolverine needed to when he first gained his enhanced senses. Superman did as well. You're no exception. Leo had the God Eyes for 6 months before displaying skill. You had 2 weeks.

The Black Kakari:

Yea, that's not what appeal to authority (voters, do read for clarification) is. It's only a fallacy if someone is falsely presenting themselves as an authoritative figure. If someone has read and enjoyed the series, then they are a reliable authority on the subject. Certainly more so than someone who has never read the series at all.

Your argument is an appeal to authority for reason 3 in your citation: YOU are claiming expertise based on having read the series. Multiple people on this team have also read the series, which according to your fallacious logic, makes them experts. The difference is they have demonstrated an understanding the series. You haven’t.

I assume you are talking about this quote:

“The ka’kari were made for people ‘broken’ like you are. There’s supposed to be an attraction between people who are vastly Talented but don’t have a conduit and the ka’kari. You were supposed to call it, Kylar. You don’t know how to bond it, so you’d call it, hand it over, and I’d be immortal.”

Attraction =/= Rule.

He's talking about the replica Ka'kari which were based on the original black Ka'kari. The Black Ka'kari is also the only one capable of devouring matter and energy and converting it into magic for the user to utilize.

Talent in this context, is magical energy. Anyone with a conduit can use talent. The Ka'kari can act as the conduit.

The people who have talent and no conduit are literally called "ka'karifers" because they use the Ka'kari to bridge the gap. The Black Ka'kari is more powerful but there's no indication that it's functionally different from other Ka'kari in how it bonds, only that it has additional powers.

Not everyone has magical talent in the Night Angel universe. The Ka'kari adds its magical power to what you already have, its never done that with anyone non-magical. Read the quote above:

"People who are vastly talented but don't have a conduit."

If the Ka’kari provides a conduit and you don't have Talent, you can’t use magic. Your character is simply broken.

Luna ruled that we are aware of each of the abilities our items possess:

Logically, given my character's mind, he'd have experimented to make sure he could activate each ability at will. That's all the skill he needs.

Whether you were aware was never in question. Whether you have had the time necessary to become familiar is. Luna has already ruled that the game has had only 2 weeks of in-universe time so far. You were too lazy to create an RP for your character; thus you only have had your powers and equipment for 2 weeks. You did not buy the skills necessary to operate these things.

Nanite Insanity:

Why would forceful removal make the nanites cause people to go insane, if it wasn't already a danger to begin with?

‘Why’ is an irrelevant question since none on our team has been forced nanites.

Those soldiers were also created under the same professional conditions that Bloodshot was. They are his predecessors from different generations. That hardly proves that you can inject just anyone with nanites and expect them to adapt perfectly.

We provided evidence that professionals aren't required: Bloodshot’s girlfriend.

If it's easy to create functioning Bloodshot soldiers, why only 1 per generation? Why don't the company owners use it? They were willing to release it as a virus, so cost isn't the issue...

It doesn’t matter for the purposes of this battle. Evidence was provided to show that we can do what we say we can do.

Did you actually read your scans?

"The voices told me that you are the one".

Hyperbole. The evidence has been provided to show that the nanites can be shared.

Seeing & Thinking AT FLT Electric Boogaloo:

Leo must make the conscious decision to turn on the God Eyes. You claim that they're activated solely on reflex. For what you've shown, it appears these ultra-slowed perception events happen when ultra-fast oncoming attacks occur. The statement:

"With my nano-second perception speed I could have 7 million years worth of conversation within a 1 second time-span".

Is absurd because it doesn't happen whenever you want it to.

Here he watches the creature (Only appears for 1 nano-second at a time. Light = 1 ft/nano) performing a sword slash:

You make unsubstantiated claims that you have perfect aim. In your first set of scans Leo is completely still. In the end of your scans, Leo claims that he witnessed this in what felt like six months. Note he couldn't make any movements during these "six months". Our point is that while you can perceive time in nanoseconds, if the situation calls for it, you cannot move in nanoseconds. The only benefit your nanosecond vision has in this scenario is that you get to observe your own inevitable death over the course of eras, but can do nothing about it. Your most recent scans proved this when Leo is told that he'd be cut in two if that sword ever attempted to make contact with him. Your character simply hasn’t the physicals necessary to do much with an ability that he doesn’t even have the skill to use.

Your Senses:

Wolverine relies on heightened senses that your characters don't have.

Angel(Esquire) does have heightened senses. The nanites would be supplementary. Additionally:

No Caption Provided

War-Machine's proximity radar requires you to use your eyes. Your OP only lists Daredevil's body and claims radar senses from this. While I suppose you'd gain his immense hearing, the actual radar senses are considered a power which you aren't supposed to be able to start with.

War Machine's AI can talk to Fetts, Daredevil has acute hearing and smell, and we've already shown you Lannibale has Best Tiger's blind fighting. We don't need his radar:

He was practically face to face with them. All he was shown to determine was that they were scared. Nothing about this proves it can substitute for vision.

He didn't detect the sniper bullet until AFTER it was already fired:

Yeah?

No Caption Provided

Then he failed to track the bullet back to the shooter...

The villain was using a nanite blocker. Already provided info on this.

I point out that she can't sense metals, only earthly impurities; and you point out that my bullets are mixed with.... A bunch of other metals?

What about pure mercury? Korra could bend it from her body. Sensing the earth within metals is a jumping off point. Guru Pathik explains to Aang that metal is just refined earth. Toph demonstrates this level of control when she explains that there is still mercury inside Korra. Toph taught others how to metal bend with coins specifically to break down the illusion that metal and earth are different.

Proof that she can detect supersonic projectiles with vibration (sound) based senses? Also Earth-bending senses (detecting rocks) are separate from Seismic-Senses (as the seismic sense works through vibrations in the ground, which doesn't reach into the air, or things Toph isn't connected to).

Your bullets won’t fire because of your ignorant tampering. However, Toph can sense earth. This is how she avoided thrown projectiles of earth during the series. It has nothing to do with her seismic sense.

So... Glorified aim-dodging... Which you think will work against a character who is just as fast as you, has a history of tagging high end bullet timers with throwing knives, and enough stealth to throw off Ghoul senses?

Arkbound isn't coming in the house.

Invisibility:

At no point does it state he's able to move with it on. That's also an assumption. If it's easy to remain invisible during movement, why not use it all the time?

You're making a claim without evidence to support it. If you think he must remain still for the invisibility to hold, you must prove it.

He saw the whole thing, not just a "split nano-second" of it. Not possible if he required light, as the creature is ftl. Here he watches the creature (Only appears for 1 nano-second at a time. Light = 1 ft/nano) performing a sword slash:

Even if the creature were only present for a nanosecond, a nanosecond’s worth of light had struck him and then traveled to the God Eyes. Being able to absorb the stimuli doesn't mean you can process it at the same speeds. A person can have a baseball thrown at their face, see it coming, and still lack the physical or mental ability to process the information and respond to it at the same speeds.

The Actual Battle:

Sedatives ARE a type of poison.

Sedatives are chemical agents that promote calm or induce sleep. Poisons are chemical agents that cause illness or death. There is a critical medical difference.

The example I showed in which Kylar mentioned he was immune to poisons in general, was alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant, aka a sedative.

Alcohol is a depressant, which is synonymous with sedative. Sedatives are not synonymous with poisons. You are conflating terms you don’t understand.

Are you pretending that your portals don't go both ways? I start shooting as soon as the portal begins forming. Since you are trying to toss a grenade through the portal, chances are my bullets will hit you or the grenade before it goes through.

You don’t have to stand in front of a portal to throw something in it. But since you think you do, you will conveniently be in front of it when grenades explode.

Did Ayato's ghoul senses detect Juzuu stealthing through debris?

Didn't think so.

He seemed to have trouble tracking someone talking.

Summary:

• You clearly had a flawed understanding of the rules of this game, which crippled your character.
  • Your character is physically limited, no matter how keen his senses are.
  • Your character can’t bullet time. You were under the impression that all builds had to be below bullet timing. Therefore, your build was made to be compliant to rules that were changed and thus, any one of our characters will kill you almost immediately.
  • Your character is unaware of an attack.
  • Ample evidence was supplied about repeated and varied use of nanites, including impromptu sharing, effective even with a dog.
  • You think communication and sensory information is a “ridiculous amount of tasks”.
  • You think Black Panther can’t figure out a simple portal gun.
  • You think you can change the shape, size, and weight of a bullet without adverse effect.
#10 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna need to retagg everyone

#11 Posted by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

Gonna need to retagg everyone

I did leave a bolded message that everyone should move over here and included the link to get here.

You should be able to copy and paste the tags.

#12 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by SilenceDogood (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. Both sides had issues. The assassins were overly complicated so minus points for that. Both teams were a little too smug for my taste, so both minus for that. In the end though I gotta go with Erik's squad. They've got a distinct numbers advantage and I think there were less flaws in their side of the debaqte.

#14 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

my vote goes to Zetsumoto. there was so much debunking going on especially in the second post. Zets picked apart his opponents strategy nicely and most importantly knew his own characters context, savaging his opponent any time they tried to argue context. zets first words were:

First thing's first. This is not a battle. This is a slaughter.

and he was absolutely right. perhaps his opponents biggest disadvantage was their own strategy! i love convoluted over the top prep, but it was convoluted in a bad way. zets even pointed out characters could die immediately by bfring themselves into inhospitable environments.

the squad maade a good effort at the end on the nanite argument, but it wasnt enough considering all the other numerous flaws.

once again, i vote for zets.

#15 Edited by DeathHero61 (18682 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, even reading through this, this is still even. Arguments on both sides have their flaws, I read through this at least twice. But ultimately I'll play devil's advocate and say I was more swayed by @zetsumoto. His arguments were surprisingly good despite facing so many odds. I did notice some of the double standards of the arguments, especially referring to knowledge on certain gear. For example, Rick's Teleportation gear is possibly the most complex thing ever yet Black Panther and Deadpool who's knowledge on science and the multiverse is a good deal inferior to Rick's(considering the events that happen in Rick and Morty, this isn't a ridiculous argument to make) would be able to easily understand and use it? The amount of calculations and prior knowledge you would have to have on the device would be insane, and in the chance that Lucy Villian did get taken out somehow, what then? Your mobility is crippled, you won't be able to get the drop on Sebastian as easily, and things wouldn't fall into place like you'd want them to. There was also the argument central to this that was a huge deciding point for me, the possibility of the team getting stranded or at least screwing up on their first try regarding the portals. Also the speed of the portal generation make counterattacks easy as noted by Zets.

There was also the annoying topic with the Nanites, I wasn't convinced that in only 24 hours all 7 of your members would be able to precisely handle something as complex as the nanites. And the topic on who can use what based off skill and experience kind of triggered me.

unless i am also misunderstanding the rules in this battle, i agree with this^. Someone with the mind of who he described should reasonably be able to decipher how the ability works.

Also i wasn't even close to being convinced the invisibility being used here is effective. Even if Zets didn't have the scans necessary to prove hands down that he could sense invisible opponents, the fact that the ability that allows him to perceive in nanoseconds can precisely be zoomed to notice the most miniscule details and see people from several miles away and observe attackers moving at speeds above what the team is capable of doing on their own. I have no qualms with believing that Sebastian could detect members of Luna's team. Especially considering their invisibility isn't like say Danny Phantom's or Martian Manhunter's,

Finally, you see the "The Actual Battle" Section that Zets makes in post 3? That is possibly the most detailed section done by anyone on both sides. He goes into all the issues he has with the strategy made by Luna's team ESPECIALLY the issues with the formation being made around the mansion. Lucy would be a walking target based off what i am reading, and there's no guarantee based off the feats Zets showed of his character sneaking around ghouls with far more advanced senses than the most impressive ones on team Luna(Toph and Daredevil, BTW Toph's Seismic Sense was barely talked about and the team didn't go into detail about said senses at all in order to cement their points.) that Luna's team would be able to detect Sebastian, let alone chase after him if push comes to shove and he needs to escape.

In regards to said section? Barely addressed by the time we reach post 4

Zets did overestimate his build admittingly, but i felt he had better counters overall. It's hard to say who would REALISTICALLY win based off the setups. Anyone would probably lean towards team Luna Erik but DEBATE wise, i feel Zetsumuto not only wanted it more, but put a lot more effort into his counters. I'll keep reading and adding more to my analysis as time goes by but for now, my vote definitely goes to Zets. Even though this battle was even, the counters and overall replies weren't IMO.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#16 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: You may as well ask that Crest guy to move his vote here... As much as I disagree with his assessment... =\

#18 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supremegeneration
#19 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11411 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: @asgardianbrony: Not going to ask you to remove or change vote just noting that there were a lot of things missing from both sides in original thread (at least I think so, if I'm wrong ignore this)

#20 Edited by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: not really missing, just moved around.

we still up for hulk vs thor cav? if not its cool.

#21 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11411 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: I don't remember agreeing to that but I'll do it hopefully after I return from my leave after this scenario

#22 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: im pretty sure you challenged me to it in the cav thread, but ok. take your time :D

#23 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11411 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: Mine was actually missing the most content. Yours got a bit disorganized with post 4.

#25 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11411 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: Mine was actually missing the most content. Yours got a bit disorganized with post 4.

Well, then I technically helped further your votes so yipee.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
#26 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

Corpse bullets.

#27 Posted by Lunacyde (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: no worries. crest's vote has been recorded.

#28 Posted by Arkbound (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz you expressed interest in the first thread (it has since been moved to this one) care to drop a vote?

#29 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#32 Edited by BeaconofStrength (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: Sure, I'll give it a read in an hour or so. Feel free to tag me for all the debate threads, been following the entire scenario since the getgo. Been pretty entertaining to read through.

#33 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: @god_vulcan: @beatboks1:

Hey please vote if you can, sorry if you didn't want to be tagged. I know it's a long CAV, but worth the read IMO. Thanks in advance.

#35 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: @handyjayjr: @jaycool2:

Hey, looking for some good voters, please read and leave a detailed vote if you can. Thanks in advance and sorry if you didn't want to be tagged.

#36 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: @allstarsuperman: @xerolot: @the_red_viper:

Looking for some good voters. I think I may have tagged all star in the other thread. Please take time to read and leave a detailed vote if you can. Sorry if you didn't want to be tagged, thanks in advance if you vote.

#37 Posted by Just_Banter (12352 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18162 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@giliad_: @g2_: @eto: @heroup2112: @thor_parker82:

Looking for some good voters, sorry if you didn't want to be tagged. Please read and vote if you have time, thanks in advance. Cheers.

I'm going to vote, I'm just having to read this in stages...it's long. Hopefully I'll finish before the voting is over.

#39 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31454 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: lol u tagged Giliad? You trying to get your teammates to vote with their other accounts now? =P

#40 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: @deathhero61: @asgardianbrony:

I just want to inform you guys that the bulk of the work in the team's argument was performed by Lukehero and @esquire. They should be getting the majority of the credit. The others in the team, @fetts, @lanniblehecter, @warlockmage, @arkbound, and @supremegeneration were also contributors to the debate. I basically only helped to prune the arguments down to fit the word limit. So those who have a bone to pick with me should set their bias aside for the sake of these users.

#42 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: Hey I'm looking for some good voters if you can please.... ;p

#44 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a39421825b35
#45 Edited by deactivated-5a39421825b35 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: I hate reading these long convoluted CaVs. I might get around to it but don't hold your breath.

I'm always open to being tagged for these but I may or may not reply. I'm just not an avid reader & these are very often twice as long as they really need to be.

#46 Posted by Xerolot (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I would be glad to help but I don't like voting in debates where I don't know the characters. I'm pretty unfamiliar with both of them. But I gave a short look at this and it looks like very good job.

#48 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18162 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: @deathhero61: @asgardianbrony:

I just want to inform you guys that the bulk of the work in the team's argument was performed by Lukehero and @esquire. They should be getting the majority of the credit. The others in the team, @fetts, @lanniblehecter, @warlockmage, @arkbound, and @supremegeneration were also contributors to the debate. I basically only helped to prune the arguments down to fit the word limit. So those who have a bone to pick with me should set their bias aside for the sake of these users.

I don't know about anyone else but I assure you I have zero bias.

#50 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112: yea, im not biased. i didn't like the teams arguments, plain and simple.