Half Monster Garou

No Caption Provided

vs

Deep Sea King

No Caption Provided

Stipulations

• Manga feats only
  • In character
  • Two minutes into the fight it will start raining.
  • Fight takes place where Sonic fought Sea King.

Round 2

Human Garou vs Deep Sea King, same stipulations except it will be ten minutes before it starts raining.

#3 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8451 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I missing something? Shouldn't Garou absolutely stomp him?

#5 Posted by KingCrimson (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

Half Monster Garou bodies him.

#6 Posted by Gaoron (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

Half-monster stomps from what I know.

#7 Posted by Toratorn (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

Garou slices him in two.

#8 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

DSK wins.

#9 Posted by George7788 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Garou wins.

#10 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Garou stomps

#11 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4375 posts) - - Show Bio

Garou destroys.

#12 Edited by MindingMuffin (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, Upgraded Genos was capable of two shotting Deep Sea King. Puri Puri Prisoner just oneshot a DSK level opponent in the latest chapter and Garou is above them. Mismatch.

#13 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if you think Garou wins it's not going to be a stomp; people need to learn to not solely rely on threat levels or rankings to decide matches. Especially in OPM where it's been shown that neither are categorized based purely on combat capability. Flashy Flash would mercilessly blitz and stomp Atomic Samurai despite being S-Class rank 13 while Samurai is rank 4. There are Dragon Level Threats like Elder Centipede who would make short work of other Dragon levelers like Gale Wind and Hell Fire Flame. As a matter of fact, if we go by feats and not rankings, Deep Sea King would fodderize Gouketsu who's Dragon level.

Garou has zero feats to suggest he would "stomp" DSK. The only argument present for him is scaling to less impressive monsters based on their threat levels.

#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (34626 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see this being much of a contest, really. Garou's fights with Rover and Orochi alone are all that's needed, feat-wise. DSK would be dead several times over in various portions of either clash.

#15 Posted by Yamiyodare (1597 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch, Garou stomps.

#16 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see this being much of a contest, really. Garou's fights with Rover and Orochi alone are all that's needed, feat-wise. DSK would be dead several times over in various portions of either clash.

Garou didn't phase either of them, though. He survived an encounter, but his adaptation and ability to survive is the staple of his character. I passionately disagree with the implication that he scales to either. For now that is.

#17 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm willing to debate anyone who thinks Garou stomps. It's a close match in my opinion.

#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (34626 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: I was more so commenting on his ability to withstand blasts or blows way beyond the capacity of DSK to deliver, not necessarily his potential to beat the aforementioned characters; he was obviously outmatched against both.

I agree with your passion, and I do not scale Garou to characters that clearly had the ability to defeat or kill him, if need be. But I take his feats against them at face value, especially the Rover encounter.

#19 Posted by johnsmjs36 (664 posts) - - Show Bio

Garou skilled enough to beat Deep Sea King in my opinion but DSK outclasses him in striking strength and other physicals.

#20 Posted by FaradaySloth (10602 posts) - - Show Bio

Garou, though it isn't a stomp

#21 Posted by zxc6 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Garou one shot effortlessly and yeah this is a massive stomp

#22 Posted by cromulor (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

Half Monster Garou > Human Garou ~ Post-Gouketsu Genos > G4 Genos

G4 Genos two shotted hydrated DSK in the VGS.

Half Monster Garou absolutely stomps DSK.

#23 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

Garou is clearly above Genos which means he stomps. Also from an in-universe perspective Genos and his opponents aren't overwhelmingly more powerful than other S-Class heroes and the like they simply have more feats. Genos or the Sea King would get stomped by Orochi based on any amount of logic.

#24 Edited by zxc6 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@cromulor said:

More like

Orochi Garou>Half Monster Garou>Post Royal Rapper Garou>Post Bang Garou>Human Garou ~ Post-Gouketsu Genos > G4 Genos

#25 Posted by KingCrimson (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: I agree he only survived his encounters with Orochi and Rover, but wasn’t the former stated to be Boros level by ONE?

Scaling wise, Garou should destroy him.

#26 Edited by MindingMuffin (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: Deep Sea King would fodderize Gouketsu who's Dragon level.

Dude no he wouldn't, Gouketsu's feat of smashing that stadium apart with simple air pressure, done casually mind you, is leagues above anything Deep Sea King has done plus he blitzed and oneshotted post G4 Genos who is comparable to Speed O Sound Sonic who Wet Sea King wasn't even able to tag.

Like current Genos was able to two shot hydrated Sea King, he's absolute fodder.

Deep Sea King quite literally has one building level feat and one major durability feat in which he survives Genos' incineration cannon to the face which he didn't even properly tank seeing as it sent him flying and put a massive hole through his face. Carnage Kabuto no-sold attacks from Genos, post G4 Genos is clearly stronger than when he faced DSK and he got utterly fodderised by Gouketsu with him stating that he is stronger than any monster he faced before, or something along those lines, thus making him more powerful than Kabuto. This is without using the ranking systems.

#27 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18572 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: Boros level for orochi is pushing it. The only one to be stated to be similar to him in terms of power is Monster Garou.

From what I recall Murata said it is still up in the air if Tatsumaki can beat Orochi.

#28 Posted by KingCrimson (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: That was just what I heard, might be internet waffle. In any case, he’s leagues and leagues above DSK - I’d go so far as to say it’d be a one-shot scenario.

#29 Edited by MindingMuffin (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: Murata did say on stream that it would probably take 'multiple punches' or something along those lines to take Orochi down (talking about Saitama here). Saw it on the wiki, he's also labelled as above dragon.

I doubt he's Boros level but he doesn't need to be to oneshot this fodder fish, Sea King wank needs to stop. The only reason everyone is wanking him is because he got more screentime than most other monster of the week characters in the series.

#30 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't tackled an entire thread entirely by my lonesome in quite a while; let's see if I still got it.

@morpheus_ said:

@higherpower: I was more so commenting on his ability to withstand blasts or blows way beyond the capacity of DSK to deliver, not necessarily his potential to beat the aforementioned characters; he was obviously outmatched against both.

I agree with your passion, and I do not scale Garou to characters that clearly had the ability to defeat or kill him, if need be. But I take his feats against them at face value, especially the Rover encounter.

Garou's adaptation claims responsibility for those results. His power to become stronger in every fight (and continue fighting in debilitating conditions) is integral not only to his combat prowess, but also a driving force of the plot in this arc. Considering I think the match itself is closed based on their respective showings, Garou can beat DSK—if only for the fact that the gap between them isn't large enough to propose that Garou wouldn't marginally adapt past him.

However, every comment in this thread is propagating the easily falsifiable misconception that Garou stomps Deep Sea King, based on nothing but a certain type of scaling that I believe doesn't take precedence over on-panel feats. Which is what I'm going to address.

@cromulor said:

Deep Sea King was literally killed by Saitama two entire story arcs before Genos got his G4 upgrade. The OP specifies manga feats only.

@sy8000 said:

Garou is clearly above Genos which means he stomps. Also from an in-universe perspective Genos and his opponents aren't overwhelmingly more powerful than other S-Class heroes and the like they simply have more feats. Genos or the Sea King would get stomped by Orochi based on any amount of logic.

Genos was looking down on Garou, meaning he was holding back to some degree when he fought him. So that is incorrect. There are no feats placing Garou above Genos.

As for your last sentence, Garou was also stomped by Orochi. Lasting a couple seconds against someone in a fight isn't grounds to scale them, especially in Garou's case where we know his tenacity is emphasized. I mean, he lasted a whole chapter against Bang and Bomb, but he was getting absolutely destroyed.

No Caption Provided
@kingcrimson said:

@higherpower: I agree he only survived his encounters with Orochi and Rover, but wasn’t the former stated to be Boros level by ONE?

Scaling wise, Garou should destroy him.

I don't remember that. Anyway, OP specifies manga feats only, so I'm disregarding Word of God, webcomic and audiobooks.

@mindingmuffin said:

@higherpower: Deep Sea King would fodderize Gouketsu who's Dragon level.

Dude no he wouldn't, Gouketsu's feat of smashing that stadium apart with simple air pressure, done casually mind you, is leagues above anything Deep Sea King has done plus he blitzed and oneshotted post G4 Genos who is comparable to Speed O Sound Sonic who Wet Sea King wasn't even able to tag.

Like current Genos was able to two shot hydrated Sea King, he's absolute fodder.

Deep Sea King quite literally has one building level feat and one major durability feat in which he survives Genos' incineration cannon to the face which he didn't even properly tank seeing as it sent him flying and put a massive hole through his face. Carnage Kabuto no-sold attacks from Genos, post G4 Genos is clearly stronger than when he faced DSK and he got utterly fodderised by Gouketsu with him stating that he is stronger than any monster he faced before, or something along those lines, thus making him more powerful than Kabuto. This is without using the ranking systems.

Garou has better feats lmao, literally while half dead he survived hits from Bang.

What? Destroying a stadium wall with air pressure doesn't hold a candle to casually trading blows with someone who punched a character that was previously unmoved by multi-tonner hits so hard they bored through a missile-proof shelter and down a row of buildings.

Going off the manga, Hydrated DSK is city block level+ in striking strength, and I think a barrage of punches on that level is more than enough to severaly harm if not outright kill Garou based on feats and not shoddy scaling to people who he barely held onto his life against.

#31 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see a single argument for Garou stomping DSK that doesn't rely on scaling to characters that were thrashing him or scaling from threat levels.

I'm surprised the nigh-unanimous consensus for Garou mismatching DSK is because guys like Orochi nearly killed him....

#32 Edited by WorldofRuin6 (3857 posts) - - Show Bio

Garou mid diff at most. Even human Garou survived(emphasis on the "survived" part) a casual attack from Saitama iirc.

#33 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower:

Genos was looking down on Garou, meaning he was holding back to some degree when he fought him. So that is incorrect.There are no feats placing Garou above Genos.

"Looking down" on Garou does not affect Genos' ability to get his arm torn off with no resistance.

As for your last sentence, Garou was also stomped by Orochi. Lasting a couple seconds against someone in a fight isn't grounds to scale them, especially in Garou's case where we know his tenacity is emphasized. I mean, he lasted a whole chapter against Bang and Bomb, but he was getting absolutely destroyed.

Once Orochi copied Garou, yes. Up until then he was doing fine.

Seriously tearing off Genos' arm and tanking hits from Rover is all Garou needs to win. Sea King has no strength feats except busting a bunker wall. He's not even approaching city block level. Sea King couldn't even tag Sonic who's no faster than Genos.

#34 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000:

"Looking down" on Garou does not affect Genos' ability to get his arm torn off with no resistance.

You're missing something here. To start with, your original comment was:

"Garou is clearly above Genos which means he stomps."

Which this rebuttal of yours just now does not justify.

Genos comparing Garou to a common thug illustrates the extent of which he was looking down on him. While he did also compliment Garou's capabilities, it was plainly demonstrated that Genos wasn't going all out against him. Now, holding back against an opponent doesn't change your durability, which is probably the nature of your line of reasoning. But I don't seem to recall any physical durability feats from that version of Genos that would imply Garou tearing his arm off makes him vastly above Sea King.

The nail in the coffin? Garou didn't actually tear his arm off. Genos detached his arm when Garou pulled it, turning it into a rocket launcher that propelled Garou into a tree where he was then bounded by ropes sprouting from the arm.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

After that, Genos casually reattached his arm. He suffered zero physical damage and wasn't phased at all. Garou literally did not hurt him nor is there any evidence that he overpowered Genos in strength.

This method of Genos baiting Garou may seem speculative for me to argue until you realize that, literally moments earlier in the fight, Genos pretended to get knocked into the ground by Garou to lure him within the one-shot radius of his incinerator blasts.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

So with this I think I've not only sufficiently proved my point that Garou doesn't scale to Genos in their fight, but I've also debunked your counterargument to it.

Once Orochi copied Garou, yes. Up until then he was doing fine.

Not true either. He never hurt Orochi, only managed to narrowly evade him, and at some points he deflected his attacks and survived some of his attacks. I express severe doubt to any notion the coincides with the thought of Orochi putting in effort as well. His transformations seemed to be more of Gyoro Gyoro showing off what he can do, not that Orochi was actually being tested.

Seriously tearing off Genos' arm and tanking hits from Rover is all Garou needs to win.

Rover's blasts are indeed impressive. But the ones Garou was actually hit by (the barrage that caused tremors across city blocks was evaded) only sent him through multiple floors of the MA Headquarters, and they left him spewing liters of blood.

Sea King has no strength feats except busting a bunker wall. He's not even approaching city block level.

He casually traded blows with a Genos who was going all out.

No Caption Provided

Genos while not going all out moments earlier punched DSK through the shelter, which was stated to be durable enough to no-sell missiles, and then past a row of buildings.

The building thing doesn't seem to be impressive until you realize DSK was sent in between the buildings, yet the blast chipped away at six; three on either side.

No Caption Provided

Considering the blast overpowered a missile proof shelter (most of which can destroy buildings), I think it's fairly obvious that, if those buildings were lined up and the blast didn't go in-between them, all of them would have been destroyed. DSK healed from this pretty quickly too.

Sea King couldn't even tag Sonic who's no faster than Genos.

1. Garou isn't faster than Genos or Sonic either.

2. Sonic has blitzed Genos effortlessly.

3. Sea King managed to grab Sonic at one point; he just slipped out.

#35 Edited by awshucks (507 posts) - - Show Bio

> Puri Puri oneshots a DSK level monster

> Puri Puri is completely unable to hurt Darkshine at all

> Half Monster Garou defeats Darkshine

#36 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio
@awshucks said:

>Can't read the OP wherein it's stated that we go by manga feats only.

#37 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18572 posts) - - Show Bio

@awshucks said:

Literally the first stipulation was Manga feats only, and you bring up a webcomic fight. Come on now....

#38 Posted by awshucks (507 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by jashro44 (53654 posts) - - Show Bio

@awshucks said:

Literally the first stipulation was Manga feats only, and you bring up a webcomic fight. Come on now....

Isn't the same thing inevitably going to happen in the manga? My understanding is the manga is just retelling the story of the web comic with much better art.

#40 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18572 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Many stuff get changed in the manga, for an example look at Pheonix Man. In the webcomic child emperor effortlessly killed him with his gadgets in his backpack and moved on. In the manga Phoenix Man came back to life even stronger, and had a fight with him that lasted several chapters(this is in the same arc we are in now too). In the webcomic Garou was never poisoned when he fought Death Gatling and never fought Watchdog Man at all like he did in the manga. Hell, Orochi didn’t even exist in the webcomic yet now he had a part in Garou’s growth as a Monster:

So no, not all events in the webcomic are the same as the manga but just with better art. That said while that will happen in the future, for the time being it hasn’t happened so it isn’t applicable here.

#41 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: A few things:

Half Monster Garou is much stronger in the webcomic.

The manga has lots of key differences to the webcomic despite being a redraw.

None of that changes that the thread is restricted to manga feats only.

#42 Posted by jashro44 (53654 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: @thewatcherking:I see. I assumed the Manga was the exact same thing as the web comic with just better and more detailed art.

#43 Posted by Supermanthor (21221 posts) - - Show Bio

dsk

#44 Edited by MindingMuffin (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower:

What? Destroying a stadium wall with air pressure doesn't hold a candle to casually trading blows with someone who punched a character that was previously unmoved by multi-tonner hits so hard they bored through a missile-proof shelter and down a row of buildings.

Now this is just being blatantly dishonest, Genos used his incinerator cannons to send Deep Sea King flying not his pure physical strength alone; Sea King only traded blows with Genos without using his incinerator cannons which is pretty pathetic. So no, Sea King does not scale to 'muli city block+' at all. Only in durability, his striking by onscreen feats is building level seeing as you're deciding to ignore scaling for some reason.

So yes, Gouketsu casually destroying a stadium wall and the street behind it is above any striking and strength feat Sea King can even hope to accomplish. Besides smashing through a missile proof shelter is nothing impressive anyway.

and I think a barrage of punches on that level is more than enough to severaly harm if not outright kill Garou based on feats and not shoddy scaling to people who he barely held onto his life against.

No way in hell, Garou while poisoned, half dead and tired could survive and utterly brutal onslaught from Bang.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

This is impressive seeing as Bang was capable of causing heavy damage to Melzagard

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

The same Melzagard who intended to survive the shells of Boros' ship firing upon him in a concentrated area, I'll lowball and say this is bare minimum city level destruction.

So Garou has bare minimum city level durability, that is while half dead and poisoned.

However Garou's willpower is what makes him formidable, even if Deep Sea King was able to beat down Garou badly he'd keep on fighting on. He would very much outlast him.

And before you try to be dishonest and say Bang was holding back, here you go.

No Caption Provided

Again, Bang knows Garou personally and how dangerous he is. He would have 0 reason to hold back AT ALL.

So based on 'feats' alone Deep Sea King won't even be able to really severely hurt Garou in all honesty.

Genos comparing Garou to a common thug illustrates the extent of which he was looking down on him. While he did also compliment Garou's capabilities, it was plainly demonstrated that Genos wasn't going all out against him. Now, holding back against an opponent doesn't change your durability, which is probably the nature of your line of reasoning. But I don't seem to recall any physical durability feats from that version of Genos that would imply Garou tearing his arm off makes him vastly above Sea King.

Firstly this is not a fair comparison at all, Garou is heavily weakened, he has a fever, then he gets poisoned and he's tired on top of all that. The fact that he held up so well against Genos and then Bomb and Bang shows how iron is willpower is and how durable he is; but for further proof on why Garou being able to keep up, and yes he did keep up with Genos here, is impressive is seeing as Genos even acknowledged Garou as a threat. So it's utterly unfair to claim he was holding back. He was still visibly capable of deflecting attacks from Genos at close range.

Plus Genos knows that Garou is a dangerous target, he has absolutely no reason to hold back. So that point has been debunked.

Besides why would he hold back at all? It's basically a part of his character development that he needs to take things more seriously and stop getting careless, him claiming that Garou is a 'common thug' would just be a way of taunting him and isn't solid objective proof of Genos not being serious. Meanwhile I have scans that prove otherwise, Half dead Garou does in fact scale to Post G4 Genos.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
No Caption Provided

Hell in terms of speed he was capable of surprising and tearing off Genos' arm which is far more impressive than the way Sea King performed the feat seeing as Genos was stated to have been careless there. It's very likely, if not certain that Sea King wouldn't have been able to do that otherwise.

Plus this is post G4 Genos, who is faster and more powerful than the Genos which fought Sea King. One armed Genos was capable of stalemating Dry Sea King, he really isn't impressive.

#45 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@mindingmuffin:

Now this is just being blatantly dishonest, Genos used his incinerator cannons to send Deep Sea King flying not his pure physical strength alone; Sea King only traded blows with Genos without using his incinerator cannons which is pretty pathetic. So no, Sea King does not scale to 'muli city block+' at all. Only in durability, his striking by onscreen feats is building level.

So yes, Gouketsu casually destroying a stadium wall and the street behind it is above any striking and strength feat Sea King can even hope to accomplish. Besides smashing through a missile proof shelter is nothing impressive anyway.

I always interpreted that feat as Genos using the force of his blast to augment his strike since he clearly punched him, but looking at it again, I guess it's plausible that he fired off his canon after his hand went into his cheek. But DSK simply harming Genos and punching him away from his arm is clearly above building level... that's just straight up downplay. Genos in the first arc of the story blew off mountain tops with his blasts, and a chapter later, no-sold a breath of Carnage Kabuto that had enough raw force to overpower said blast and send it back to Genos (with Kabuto's energy behind it).

You're severely overestimating Gouketsu's feat. It's only impressive because he completed it with a shockwave. I wouldn't place opening a hole in a stadium that's this size:

No Caption Provided

above destroying a building by punching someone outside of it, or blowing a hole through a reinforced missile-proof shelter (which makes it exponentially more durable than a stadium wall).

Looking at it again, Gouketsu's feat is at absolute best building level, and fodder Paradisers could casually rock up to skyscrapers and one-shot them effortlessly...

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

So you expect me to be impressed by a touted Dragon level threat completing a feat in the same weight class that lackeys of B-class criminals have completed?

PUH-lease, stop acting like Gouketsu is hot shit here for the stadium feat. If you're gonna wank anything from him, it should be his off-panel showing of beating a fatigued Genos who had previously engaged in a string of fights against monsters and recently taxed himself against Awakened Cockroach.

So nothing wankable, really.

No way in hell, Garou while poisoned, half dead and tired could survive and utterly brutal onslaught from Bang.

Key word is survive, and barely at that. Garou literally said himself that Bang almost killed him (a scan which you conveniently chose not to include).

No Caption Provided

Even though you don't seem to be arguing this as a durability feat, I wouldn't cite it as a showing of what Garou can survive normally either, for the express reason that Garou was literally killing himself the more he exerted himself. As expressly noted by Bang when Garou tried to counterattack.

No Caption Provided

So if Garou is ever pushed that far again and tries to put up a fight, he would legit just drop dead.

This is impressive seeing as Bang was capable of causing heavy damage to Melzagard

There's evidence to suggest that Bang was using less force against Melzagard than he was against Garou. Melzagard was apart of a group of aliens who were predicted by a psychic to be capable of destroying the world, and they completely wiped A-City off the map upon their arrival. Bang would have every single reason imaginable to unleash his utmost force, while against Garou, he stated that he was simply torturing Garou because he wanted Garou to experience the same pain that he dealt to Chiranko.

No Caption Provided

It makes the opposite of sense to assume Bang was using the same amount of force in both situations, when in reality, he was just bullying Garou, while against Melzagard he was trying to save humanity.

The same Melzagard who intended to survive the shells of Boros' ship firing upon him in a concentrated area, I'll lowball and say this is bare minimum city level destruction.

What? Intended? Really? Geryganshoop stated "But if they hit you, don't die" which implies that the shells were capable of killing him. Plus Melzagard has regeneration—which Bang couldn't overcome without finding his weakness (orbs)—so that is in no way, shape or form a durability feat nor can it be scaled to Bang.

So Garou has bare minimum city level durability, that is while half dead and poisoned.

....So let's recap what you did:

• You scaled Garou being left at death's door by Bang and killing himself trying to fight back as a durability feat.
  • Assumed that Bang was using the same amount of force when toying with an injured Garou as he was when fighting against what was conceived as a threat to humanity.
  • Gave Melzagard, a character with a healing factor, city level durability for his *INTENTION* to **SURIVIVE** an attack that his teammate ***WARNED HIM HE COULD DIE AGAINST***.

The last part is my favorite one. Now I've seen it all.

However Garou's willpower is what makes him formidable, even if Deep Sea King was able to beat down Garou badly he'd keep on fighting on. He would very much outlast him.

I already stated on post 30 that if Garou wins it'd be through adaptation. I'm currently arguing against it being a stomp.

And before you try to be dishonest and say Bang was holding back, here you go.

Seriously? That doesn't imply that Bang wasn't holding back, that's Garou stating that Bang has never attacked him like that before.

Now yes, Bang was indeed trying to kill him, but to think the intent to kill automatically invokes every ounce of strength and power a character has is ludicrous.

So based on 'feats' alone Deep Sea King won't even be able to really severely hurt Garou in all honesty.

False and debunked. You know, I really hoped people would come with better arguments, which is why I stated this.

@higherpower said:

I'd like to see a single argument for Garou stomping DSK that doesn't rely on scaling to characters that were thrashing him or scaling from threat levels.

I'm surprised the nigh-unanimous consensus for Garou mismatching DSK is because guys like Orochi nearly killed him....

But oh my god, that's literally all you did and all anyone in this thread has done.

Firstly this is not a fair comparison at all, Garou is heavily weakened, he has a fever, then he gets poisoned and he's tired on top of all that. The fact that he held up so well against Genos and then Bomb and Bang shows how iron is willpower is and how durable he is; but for further proof on why Garou being able to keep up, and yes he did keep up with Genos here, is impressive is seeing as Genos even acknowledged Garou as a threat. So it's utterly unfair to claim he was holding back. He was still visibly capable of deflecting attacks from Genos at close range.

Endurance not durability. Durability is tanking attacks but Garou was getting shredded. He didn't phase Genos at all and was killing himself when trying to fight back against Bang and Bomg.

Plus Genos knows that Garou is a dangerous target, he has absolutely no reason to hold back. So that point has been debunked.

All Genos said in addition to analyzing his fight style (which he does with every monster or villain he fights against) is that he understands why the weaker A-Class heroes couldn't defeat him. Genos goes all out and never holds back in any of his fights, so him looking down on Garou and calling him a common thug makes all the difference in the world when trying to gauge whether he was holding back or not.

Hell in terms of speed he was capable of surprising and tearing off Genos' arm which is far more impressive than the way Sea King performed the feat seeing as Genos was stated to have been careless there. It's very likely, if not certain that Sea King wouldn't have been able to do that otherwise.

Plus this is post G4 Genos, who is faster and more powerful than the Genos which fought Sea King. One armed Genos was capable of stalemating Dry Sea King, he really isn't impressive.

I already countered the arm feat being used for strength against Sy8000, but the fact Genos wasn't going all out like explained, and already feigned inability to do something in order to lure Garou in that fight debunks this instance being used for speed as well. And I'm a user who's argued it as a speed feat before.

#46 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Who's next?

#47 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18572 posts) - - Show Bio

Added a second round since some feel this is one sided.

#48 Posted by Supermanthor (21221 posts) - - Show Bio

dsk

#50 Posted by MindingMuffin (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy I forgot about this.