Garou (OPM) vs All-Might (MHA)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Garou wins

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think about it Garou still has the problem of hurting All Might, Except now he will never get tagged. The only way you can argue Garou winning is with his whirlwind iron cutting Fist, if you think piercing durability and blunt force durability don’t have any connection.

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Garou post tanktop fight vs All Might when he fought sensei

all might would actually edge out here cause the only thing garou has to compare is when tank top master threw a large chunk of rock. when to all might casually breaks down buildings with air pressure alone with handicaps.

Round 2: Garou post Metal Bat fight vs All might in his prime

allmight.

Round 3: Garou, Suiryu, and DSK vs All-Might, Sensei, and Noumu

garou and team stomps round three.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 nwname  Moderator  Online

@muhdsyarif: Ad populum fallacy. What the majority says is not my concern, i will stick to the logical(imo) opinion even if no one else does.

No. My calculation is done by completely ignoring the momentum aspect. Otherwise all might would be a country buster. Even with that he is above every s class physically for now.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: Deku was the one that caught fire in two heroes. You can scale all might to that if you don't think that is pis.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: I'm saying they agree when it comes to argument that Garou's feats are enough to take down AM. And for my analysis as a huge opm fan, i agree also.

And i dont care how strong All Might is when his oppnent is WAY faster than him. Hell, Garou was even reacting to and dodging golden ball's supersonic projectiles at the last second

Lol, sure he is above them physicly but plenty of them can kick his ass still.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 nwname  Moderator  Online

@muhdsyarif: Yeah they agree but this doesn't matter at all if none of them can prove it. Because, infact, his feat are nowhere near enough. I love OPM (by far my favorite manga/comic) and don't like MHA much but its a fact, as of now Garou has no feats to prove that he can hurt All might in the slightest.

Thats not even his best speed feats. He reflected hundreds to thousands of minigun bullets that were a few cm apart. Thats like 0.00005 second reaction time. He can hit 20.000 times in a second. Enough to statue All Might. Still a stalemate.

Only Tornado stomps, CE wins if instantly uses Nova, MK nukes him. Still the majority can't beat him.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Majority cant beat him? Atomic and Flash would blitz him horribly withtheir string cutting attacks, Bang and Bomb would overwhelm him with their martial arts, Watchdogman and Zombieman could MAYBE outlast him and Amai Mask would tear him like the mercenary dudes.

I think you're underestimating CE here, his brave giant was fast enough to keep up with the resurrected ninja duo and has the physical stats to hurt AM.

What makes you think this is a stalemate? there is no proof nomu has the exact same physical strength as AM since his shock absorption was a huge advantage to negate AM's attack. Garou has also taken hits from Bang and Bomb and Manage to surprise them despite his bones being broken.And if AM is like a statue, then that means Garou can easily spam his fist techniques until AM gets defeated

No feat to prove Garou can defeat AM or are you just denying it?

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@red_ruby_petal: Catching fire when you run proves what speed range?

You need to be hypersonic to catch fire.

Garou has way better speed feats mainly in combat with the minigun feat and when he was inside the MA base.

Catching fire by moving really fast is beyond any bullet timing feat, because thats means you are moving multiple times faster than bullets.

All Might is only vaguely supersonic according to the movie and nothing else suggests he is above mach 3 or 4. He'd move like a snail to Garou's perception

He has had multiple feats of breaking the sound barrier before by creating sonic booms, and also dodging a point blank explosion which people never really look at. Just the sheer force and wind pressure he creates with his strikes should already be evidence enough. Catching individual bullets from a guy with a high powered machine gun is impressive, but its not so far ahead that he could snail someone who is supersonic.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@jashro44 said:

@red_ruby_petal: Deku was the one that caught fire in two heroes. You can scale all might to that if you don't think that is pis.

I don't think its PIS. Considering how hard he hits, catching fire isn't as big of a deal.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@red_ruby_petal: Applying physics to prove AM's physicals? if so, then how come he never gets thrown back from throwing a punch that can obliterate a city block or is still alive from throwing that many punches during his nomu fight? Hell why is todoroki alive

by being able to emit fire and how are bakugo's hands fine by emitting explosions that can destroy a large building? And how can these people have these abilities?

using these kind of arguments would be nonsensical and would just never end. We judge by feats and relevant scaling. Physics work a lot differently in fiction

I was told him Dodging point blank explosion from bakugo was non-canon and can you send me a link to the manga chapter/ova/episode?and is it considered canon by the author if it werengt the manga?

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@muhdsyarif:

Applying physics to prove AM's physicals? if so, then how come he never gets thrown back from throwing a punch that can obliterate a city block or is still alive from throwing that many punches during his nomu fight? Hell why is todoroki alive

Because catching fire through speed isn't uncommon in the fictional universe and the scene they portrayed Deku moving that fast and catching fire was obviously meant to portray their speed. There is nothing wrong to applying physics in fiction as long as you can tell what the scene is meant to show. If you're going to dismiss his feat of going hyper-sonic, then how come we can't dismiss Garou being as fast because he caught bullets?

by being able to emit fire and how are bakugo's hands fine by emitting explosions that can destroy a large building? And how can these people have these abilities?

Whats the point of this? You yourself should be able to tell what can be dismissed and what couldn't, and its not even a case of obvious physics.

using these kind of arguments would be nonsensical and would just never end. We judge by feats and relevant scaling. Physics work a lot differently in fiction

Yeah physics do work differently in fiction, depending on what specifically. The way you're dismissing Deku's feat would be dismissing the Majority of Garou's.

I was told him Dodging point blank explosion from bakugo was non-canon and can you send me a link to the manga chapter/ova/episode?and is it considered canon by the author if it werengt the manga?

I forgot where it was, I think @thewatcherking knows.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@red_ruby_petal: At the end of the day, feats matter and the upper most limit of deku and All Might's speed were vaguely supersonic according to the movie. The giant block is supersonic but its speed was unqiantifiable unlike death gatling's portable gatling gun which is is based on the m134 irl iirc.

And what proof of scaling that suggests the hypersonic thing? Explain to me what feats and scaling you can prove with your argument to justify that. Flashy flash never emits fire when he run and fought the two ninjas and the explosions were entirely frozen to them and we all know the trio are WAY faster than anything in MHA.

Was deku catching fire when he runs in the movie, anime or manga? And whats the context behind it? (been a long time since i've read/mha)

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhdsyarif:

At the end of the day, feats matter

What are you saying, what Deku did isn't a feat?

and the upper most limit of deku and All Might's speed were vaguely supersonic according to the movie.

Stated by the author? Or was it just you're claim its their upper limit?

The giant block is supersonic but its speed was unqiantifiable

A giant block is supersonic and you are somehow saying its unquantifiable? What?

unlike death gatling's portable gatling gun which is is based on the m134 irl iirc.

Because its shooting bullets which have a speed when you research, just like catching fire. I don't even know why you even had to bring up the giant block thing.

And what proof of scaling that suggests the hypersonic thing? Explain to me what feats and scaling you can prove with your argument to justify that.

Because All Might is clearly as fast or faster than Deku, so scaling Deku to him is no problem, unless you think he faster than All Might.

Flashy flash never emits fire when he run and fought the two ninjas and the explosions were entirely frozen to them and

When analyzing feats there is no such thing as a prerequisite to perform something.

we all know the trio are WAY faster than anything in MHA.

Yeah, and they are way faster than Garou, so this doesn't even matter.

Was deku catching fire when he runs in the movie, anime or manga? And whats the context behind it? (been a long time since i've read/mha)

The movie

No Caption Provided

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@red_ruby_petal: Sure the block is supersonic but we're never given exactly how fast. is it mach 2 or 3? it was never specified.

Forgot what timeline this movie is except i know it was before AM fought AfO. And i find it quite odd how he is suddenly able to keep up with AM in this scene bcus i dont remember deku's powers able to give him this fast of a boost in speed. Either this is PIS or deku is just powered by the power of friendship or somehow got a special item to justify this scene. Out of these 3, its probably PIS to me since i dont remember deku getting any significant buff from training

Anyhow here's my takes on the rounds.

R1: Garou, All Might during the Afo fight was a lot slower and Garou would dance around him and overwhelm him with his fist technique

R2: Now this one is tough, AM in his prime is a lot stronger in strength but has no weak spot. Stalemate maybe.

R3: Team 1 Wins imo. They're way more agile and skillful (except DSK) and Garou's cutting fist would counter Nomu perfectly since it doesnt have any piercing/cutting durability feats. Suiryu and DSK can distract the others and when Garou joins in, team 1 wins handily.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By TheWatcherKing  Online

@red_ruby_petal: knows what?

Edit: Deku dodges Bakugou’s explosions in chapter 117 of the manga

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@thewatcherking: he didnt dodge it actually since his leg got caught by the blast heat and bakugo's right hand gesture pretty much telegraphed the attack

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: he didnt dodge it actually since his leg got caught by the blast heat and bakugo's right hand gesture pretty much telegraphed the attack

He was caught in some of the blast but it wasn’t telegraphed. Deku thought his right handed attack was a feint and he was wrong, which is why Bakugou said he reads too much into things.

bouncyhippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By bouncyhippo

If i recall this correctly. All might and Deku can dodge point blank bullets but garou got cut by a sling shot.

Plus garou almost got his head caved in by metal bat that only partially damage a building.

No Caption Provided

Garou is not water fisting that. His hands started shaking from a bat.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@thewatcherking: im pretty sure he was reading Bakugo's hand movements based on the panels and he was still cautious. And despite all that Deku often struggled to dodge the explosions and was even tagged by a kick from bakugo lol

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: knows what?

Edit: Deku dodges Bakugou’s explosions in chapter 117 of the manga

Deku didn't really dodge it. His leg got burned. He tried leaping up out of the way but he misread what Bakugo was doing.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@bouncyhippo: shockwaves can be inconsistent in opm, but what matters is the scaling. Genos's city block sized explosions did absolutely nothing to elder centipede's face and Metal Bat was able to hurt it.

And those sling shots bullets are actually supersonic based on the mach cones around it. After gilden ball fired it towards his face, Garou turned and manage to dodge it at the last second despite it being centimetres away (it did graze him actually but still). The feat is still pretty impressive since that was way before he fought metal bat and Garou is WAY faster now

If you're referring to deku dodging the bullets from the 2 gunmen in the movie then its kinda doubtful. 1) He appeared to stuggle a bit and was actually tagged by it 2) his full cowl makes him really mobile and he moved erratically as an advantage to not get hit

Unlike Garou, who can casually dodge supersonic swings from metal bat and even perceived & deflected several mach 2.5 minigun rounds fired from 4-6m in slow-mo (Garou shud be hypersonic cus of this since the bullets takes seconds to reach him). Its obvious who is the legit bullet timer here

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: im pretty sure he was reading Bakugo's hand movements based on the panels and even so, Deku often struggle to dodge the explosions

He tried and was wrong, and Deku has never been in a situation calling for him to dodge an explosion except when he fought Bakugou so he doesn’t “often struggle”.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@thewatcherking: I just edited my comment a while ago. Even though he knew the it aint a faint, deku was still cautious and its not like bakugo is supersonic. And later on, deku even got tagged bh his kick, back launch and then by a takedown.

Coadamol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Coadamol

Lmao garou stomps , like garou at the very start of his hunt took a beating from TTM a dude who can lift one big chunk of a building with one hand and throw it at super sonic speeds kilometres in the air and after garou had enough he went syke I wasn't trying and beat the shit out of TTM .

. and this is for his durability not to mention the speed and skill difference.

This is a stomp for Garou

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coadamol: dont forget in a bonus chapter, TTM has also manage to push the leg of a robot built by metal knight that was almost as tall as and heavier than the hero A hq. The thing was causing a mini earthquake miles away just by walking.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bouncyhippo: He doesnt need to directly hit AM'd fist and he can just go past it just like how bang did it to garou and spam his fist technique. Garou's way faster and skilled than AM that its not even funny anymore.

I think people are underestimating the water fist cus it hits the person's pressure points and return's the opponent's strength twofold according to What tank top master said. Garou would beat AM even with this by spamming it until he hits the weak spot and then just rinse and repeat. The cutting fist makes this a spite since AM gets turned to minced meat real quickly if garou decides not to play around

RenFuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By RenFuji

Garou Godstomps MHAverse

Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Garou will lead All Might around the nose by moving like a calm stream, only to finish him off with a punch strong enough to smash great rocks like a raging river.

R2: Even without the 60x Multiplier, All Might should win.

R3: If this All Might is not in his Prime, Team Garou wins.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@logiclancer: R1: Are u saying All Might wins here?

R2: Garou was casually dodging supersonic attacks from Metal bat during their fight. Past that, All Might gets blitzed like hell since Garou's speed feat is WAY above anything in MHA with his minigun feat. All Might is vaguely supersonic according to the canon MHA movie which is hilariously slower than hypersonic+ Garou. Even All Might in his prime, he only said it would've taken him 5 hits to beat nomu which only refers to physical strength, not speed. Just because someone can punch really hard doesnt mean they can run very fast.

The whirlwind cutting fist makes this a spite since All Might's piercing durability sucks ass and the fact that current garou perceive's a supersonic thrown projectile as barely moving despite it being really close would make All Might move almost like a snail to Garou

R3: Team 1 wins solely cus of both Garou and suiryu's martial arts skills and physicals. MHA side got the firepower but are too damn slow (including prime AM) and the first team have attacks that can quickly work through their durability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhdsyarif: R1: Garou wins. I was just referencing Charanko's description of the technique.

R2: I know. Going by calcs, Prime All Might should be at least Mach 7.7. The minigun feat only puts Garou at least at Mach 2-3. I'm not saying Garou is slower, but from what we know, All Might is faster. That+ striking feats should vaguely give him the win. The canon MHA All Might was not at his Prime.

R3: I agree.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By MuhdSyarif

@logiclancer: for R2: Mach 2-3? that looks downplaying since Garou deflected what seems to be more than hundred of minigun rounds that took few seconds to reach him despite being fired from 4-6 metres. Death Gatling's minigun is based on IRL m134 minigun and the rounds travel at mach 2.5 speed

How do you even know All Might is mach 7.7? He's only vaguely supersonic according to the movie and his younger self's speed is barely any different as well as unquantifiable.

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By AGrape

Calling Garou mach 2 is huge downplay that defies all common sense. And wanking All Might to hypersonic based off animation and scaling. Gotta love CV.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e714470be42
deactivated-61e714470be42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garou toy with him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhdsyarif: I take it back. Garou should take All Might. The reason I said Mach 2-3 was because of this thread, but lately, the answers say double digit-/hypersonic.

By the way, how fast do you think Genos or Sonic are?

crackshotboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

garou flicks him

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logiclancer: Genos is easily above hypersonic since he was able to tag Garou and dodge him on more than one occasion. I think sonic's reaction is around Genos's level or possibly higher due to him seeing G4 Genos's supersonic+ machine gun blows in slow mo and that was after sonic turned around a second or two after Genos had launched the attack from a short distance behind the ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhdsyarif: I think Genos was holding the advantage against Garou even with the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, so I think he's faster, making him about Hypersonic+. Sonic went completely FTE to Genos after FSB, so he should be around High Hypersonic/+, right?

So:

Genos=Hypersonic+

Sonic=High Hypersonic or High Hypersonic+

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logiclancer: I think Sonic shud be high hypersonic with his shadow burials technique but his base is hypersonic+ tbf since the Genos he fought back then had weaker upgrades. Genos is easily above hypersonic and faster than Garou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see. Thanks. I've always been curious about their speed. I never thought they were above hypersonic before.

Coadamol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny thing is , all might shockwaves never did jackshit shit to anyone they hit , and the diku catching fire thing it was for like a part of a second and u don't even need to go fast to catch fire in RL u just need a good amount of friction and looking at him hugging the wall sliding he looked like he had lots of it , also fkin all might catches fire and gained speed by flexing in the air like really ...

Also pretty sure he didn't dodge bullets but the guys shooting weren't fast enough to react to him jumping around

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coadamol: TTM never threw anything at supersonic speed.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: http://readonepunchman.net/manga/onepunch-man-chapter-35/

?look at page 10, TTM threw jt at supersonic speeds as shown by the mach lines below him

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhdsyarif: I can’t see any Mach lines or rings in that scan, only motion lines.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: I'm referring to those lines next to the rock near TTM's leg. Several instances proves those line as one of the ways to show something breaking the sound barrier in OPM

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhdsyarif: They’re motion lines, just used to indicate quick movement. IMO there’s not enough evidence to say that it was supersonic.

Do you have any other examples from OPM?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e
deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like MHA gets severely lowballed.

MuhdSyarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Yes. Quick movements of supersonic velocity if you revised through the manga. These lines are just one of the ways to show how fast something is just like how sonic, Genos, Boros etc etc can emit these lines when they attack