Garou (OPM) vs All-Might (MHA)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thewatcherking: I'm talking about the nuke feat you posted for CW Flash. I did my own research and talked to a few experts and I found out it was an outlier. I think his next fastest feat is the mach 1k one, and the gap between that and 99% the speed of light (which is around mach 800k) is too monstrously big to be simply called "high end". Plus Mujin could legit scale to FTL characters, I just didn't want to argue him at that speed since it's way above the limits which would look especially bad on me, as I helped regulate the tourney.

What experts? And while I don't care if the feat is labeled as outlier he does have other speed feats that are above Mach 10,000(like running to China and back). Besides, that's actually not his best speed feat(outliers included). In the same episode he was able to almost make it to Cisco's breach before it closed, and those are stated to close in 3 picoseconds.That said the season isn't over and most of his speed feats this season have been done without a bunch of effort, so it's too soon to call it outlier.

Plus Mujin could legit scale to FTL characters, I just didn't want to argue him at that speed since it's way above the limits which would look especially bad on me, as I helped regulate the tourney.

And choosing a character that is above limits(but arguing him as slower) doesn't?Lol.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@thewatcherking: And choosing a character that is above limits(but arguing him as slower) doesn't?Lol.

As if you're not doing the same thing? You literally just said he had a picosecond feat and the relativistic nuke one isn't even his fastest. You chose a character with speed way above the limits and just argued him as slower. Plus I said COULD. That speed is inconsistent and all scaling, while apparently Flash has multiple feats around that level.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: And choosing a character that is above limits(but arguing him as slower) doesn't?Lol.

As if you're not doing the same thing? You literally just said he had a picosecond feat and the relativistic nuke one isn't even his fastest. You chose a character with speed way above the limits and just argued him as slower. Plus I said COULD. It's all scaling, while apparently Flash has multiple feats around that level.

I said it was outlier didn't I? And he doesn't have multiple FTL feats....

He has one picosecond feat and the nuke feat. Even if the nuke feat is legit the picosecond feat IS outlier.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@thewatcherking: This is a very strange discussion. I'm not salty about losing (though I regret not trying harder).

Why did you drop though?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: This is a very strange discussion. I'm not salty about losing (though I regret not trying harder).

Why did you drop though?

I realized how boring it would be, as every match would just be a debate of if Reverse Flash could blitz my opponent's team. Plus, I wanted to see you debate Maalik.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 higherpower  Moderator

@thewatcherking: Boring, but you would've won. No one could react to RF, and the only character in the tourney who has a counter to phasing is Evil Ernie from Major's team. RF could blitz phase Midnighter and Taskamster and Genos would just stomp Ernie though.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Boring, but you would've won. No one could react to RF, and the only character in the tourney who has a counter to phasing is Evil Ernie from Major's team. RF could blitz phase Midnighter and Taskamster and Genos would just stomp Ernie though.

This has gotten pretty off topic so I will just say I might rejoin as a reserve.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Stream spoilers has Garou engaging several monsters and cutting them with Bomb's technique.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Stream spoilers has Garou engaging several monsters and cutting them with Bomb's technique.

You talking about what he did in the most recent chapter?

Regardless,none of thosr monsters are as powerful as all might by feats,so it doesn't matter.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st round easily goes to Genos. Faster and has the means to oneshot.

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Noumu was able to pierce All Might with his hands, no? I believe Garou would have an easier time doing it.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Noumu was able to pierce All Might with his hands, no? I believe Garou would have an easier time doing it.

Noumu simply reopened All Might's wounds from All For One, and trading blows with all might is enough to say Garou isn't stronger than Noumu anyway.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@synchronized_123 said:

Noumu simply reopened All Might's wounds from All For One, and trading blows with all might is enough to say Garou isn't stronger than Noumu anyway.

He's saying Garou would have an easy time exploiting All Might's lack of piercing/cutting durability since he's shown to perform attacks of that nature to a degree.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@thewatcherking: Oh, never mind then. But out of curiosity, why did you say-

Regardless,none of thosr monsters are as powerful as all might by feats,so it doesn't matter.

If you knew he was talking about cutting attacks? I know you know that's not a counter. Yeah the monsters are fodder, but how does that means All Might's piercing durability isn't non-existent?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Oh, never mind then. But out of curiosity, why did you say-

If you knew he was talking about cutting attacks? I know you know that's not a counter. Yeah the monsters are fodder, but how does that means All Might's piercing durability isn't non-existent?

I've been re-evaluating what is required for someone to resist a piercing attack. So what I was trying to say in that quote is that none of those monsters are as durable as all might, so bringing up that showing doesn't mean All Might can get pierced.

Although if what you argued in your debate against streak is right then AM would have piercing resistance.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@thewatcherking: Your new stance on piercing is pretty much headcanon but I don't feel like debating it right now.

Tbh I don't even think Meruem has piercing attacks in the first place. He seems to just rip limbs off.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Your new stance on piercing is pretty much headcanon but I don't feel like debating it right now.

Tbh I don't even think Meruem has piercing attacks in the first place. He seems to just rip limbs off.

This isn't my definitive stance,it's just something I've thought about. I just brought up here so that if it's wrong I'll know not to use that line of thinking in the future.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Chaos239

Bump because of new feats for Garou, mainly durability.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-61e714470be42
deactivated-61e714470be42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think current Garou should have higher durability,also he has piercing attacks now

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Latest Chapter Garou should Narrowly win against final battle All Might, I suspect.

That is where things rank right now.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Latest Chapter Garou should Narrowly win against final battle All Might, I suspect.

That is where things rank right now.

No idea what makes it narrow, Garou hardly got buffs that we got to see in the latest chapter except for a slight durability bump. He stomped AM then and now, only now it's a lot easier considering he has cutting attacks.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas:

No idea what makes it narrow

All Might's DC is at least as strong as the Wolf's. Not much higher, so as of this chapter, Garou could probably just barely survive All Might's serious punches, but it would still be a close thing.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

@iusemycajonas:

No idea what makes it narrow

All Might's DC is at least as strong as the Wolf's. Not much higher, so as of this chapter, Garou could probably just barely survive All Might's serious punches, but it would still be a close thing.

How would he get tagged though lol? The Dog's not threatening because of it's durability alone, it's also faster than Garou himself with insane energy projection. He can't cut up the dog and fight it as effectively as he can fight a human because he's a martial artist.

Raziel2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Raziel2014

current Garou is much stronger than Demon class disasters who are literally Genos who can Pierce right through a moutain before all of his upgrades how is this even a debate, all might gets 1 punch to death, all might get killed by any demon class disaster

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@raziel2014 said:

current Garou is much stronger than Demon class disasters who are literally Genos who can Pierce right through a moutain before all of his upgrades how is this even a debate, all might gets 1 punch to death

Not all Demon level threats are the same in terms of power, there isn't anything suggesting those monsters were Genos lvl.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Garou had that piercing style before this chapter? Either way that durability feats were nice, can't wait for him to fight that telekinetic guy in next chapter.

OT. Garou more times than not.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas:

How would he get tagged though lol?

I think it's highly debatable whether unwanked current Garou is faster then All Might.

Going purely on values given rather then calcs, All Might is actually honestly more impressive in that regard.

All Might has definitely shown himself to be in the low-supersonic range via direct statements and has plenty of feats which also support it.

Current Garou in contrast, is unlikely to be significantly faster then "Speed of Sound" Sonic.

He managed to deflect Death-Gatling's Machine-gun fire in the spur of the moment, but Death-Gatling was shocked and had even remarked at what and outlier that was.

Overall, the two of them should be near the same level.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas:

How would he get tagged though lol?

I think it's highly debatable whether unwanked current Garou is faster then All Might.

Going purely on values given rather then calcs, All Might is actually honestly more impressive in that regard.

All Might has definitely shown himself to be in the low-supersonic range via direct statements and has plenty of feats which also support it.

Current Garou in contrast, is unlikely to be significantly faster then "Speed of Sound" Sonic.

He managed to deflect Death-Gatling's Machine-gun fire in the spur of the moment, but Death-Gatling was shocked and had even remarked at what and outlier that was.

You lost all credibility wheb you used Sonic's nickname as an indicator for his his power levels. Sonic is far above the speed of sound...

Um,what? Death Gatling shocked that he couldn't hit Garou,and nothing more. Nothing he said implies the feat is outlier,Garou has deflected bullets since his fight with Golden Ball.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Gnomishness

@thewatcherking:

You lost all credibility wheb you used Sonic's nickname as an indicator for his his power levels. Sonic is far above the speed of sound...

Current Sonic maybe, but even just Sea-King Arc Sonic, who was still untouchably faster then the low S-class heroes, should've been in the same rough speed-league as Garou has shown himself to be within his hero-hunting.

Um,what? Death Gatling shocked that he couldn't hit Garou,and nothing more. Nothing he said implies the feat is outlier,

Death Gatling knew how strong and fast Garou was due to his fight with the B class heroes, which Garou was trying his very hardest in, and still struggling.

The fact that Death Gatling straight up said that it was game over is pretty definitive evidence that as far as Death Gatling had seen over that entire encounter, Garou should have not been physically capable of to so much as surviving the gating fire let alone deflecting very single bullet.

If Garou really was that fast, Death Gatling would've figured he'd just dodge out of the bullet stream with the space he had to work with.

Garou has deflected bullets since his fight with Golden Ball.

Deflecting regular Bullets isn't even actually impressive.

A maximally trained human without any particular physical enhancement quirk in MHA could probably do something similar.

Machine-gun bullets however, are several times faster, and deflecting a barrage of them implies that you actually are that speed while deflecting just one of something doesn't necessarily prove anything, since a regular human doesn't move as fast as a ball in the air.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not "Speed of Sound" Sonic as a title, it's Speed 'o Sound Sonic as a name lmfao. Lightspeed Flashy Flash would be lightspeed by this very same vein.

As is, Speed o' Sound Sonic is faster than Genos and Genos is already Hypersonic himself lol.

This is already a hypersonic feat lmao. He can make afterimages at this speed as well, this is extremely casual Sonic already hypersonic.
This is already a hypersonic feat lmao. He can make afterimages at this speed as well, this is extremely casual Sonic already hypersonic.

What? Haha. He had no problems dodging it, he was fulfilling his wierd ego trip about being the good guy because he'd warned Gatling about the kid inside the shed, and then stood his ground to take on what he considered to be the pinnicale of weaponry in a "bold" stand. That was entirely in his head lol. He wasn't surprised he did it at all. He's been dodging gun fire and the like since his first appearance, it wouldn't make sense for him to consider what he did an outlier.

All Might is 100% slower. If they're near the same level he's still significantly slower, as Garou consistently outmanuvers people more than twice as fast as himself lol.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Gnomishness

@iusemycajonas:

It's not "Speed of Sound" Sonic as a title, it's Speed 'o Sound Sonic as a name lmfao.

You really think that a name like that is NOT an alias?

Lightspeed Flashy Flash would be lightspeed by this very same vein.

Considering what he's done, his stupidity and his clear limitations, I wouldn't be so quick to write off that Flashy Flash isn't, but unlike Flashyflash, Sonic's alias is realistic.

Genos is already Hypersonic himself lol.

I think I know what you're referring to, and I seriously doubt that has as solid of a ground as you think it does.

This is already a hypersonic feat lmao.

If we want to be technical, the Gif shows Sonic moving only a few times faster then the rain is falling. The speed of rain falling is only 20mph. If we're going off of that Gif alone, he technically isn't even in the sonic range.

He can make afterimages at this speed as well

That happens later though, at a point when he should be faster then even current Garou, and it's also questionable how much that counts considering that he could only create afterimages with a specific technique in the first place.

He had no problems dodging it, he was fulfilling his wierd ego trip about being the good guy because he'd warned Gatling about the kid inside the shed, and then stood his ground to take on what he considered to be the pinnicale of weaponry in a "bold" stand. That was entirely in his head lol. He wasn't surprised he did it at all.

You're seriously using that as an excuse? Death Gatling straight up thought it was checkmate for Garou when he pulled out the Gatling. And while it's true that he wasn't expecting Garou to protect the shed, that just means that he expected Garou to try and dodge out of the stream of fire; he expected Garou to obviously fail.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas:

:/

What? Have I said anything that's wrong?

If it makes you feel any better, this is honestly just my opinion; I've been typing it out in order to clarify it for you.

The interpretation you use isn't ENTIRELY unreasonable, but it's still pretty high end. One Punch man can get away with that more then My Hero due to a bit more ambiguity on the stats.

It's fine arguing ambiguity vs ambiguity, like One Piece Man vs most other series, but against My Hero, I want to go by interpretations less ambiguous, or instead just ignore the factor of speed altogether.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: your logic is retarded. Who gives a shit about what Gatling thought about Garou dodging bullets? Garou deflected them? Yes. End of story.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn:

your logic is retarded. Who gives a shit about what Gatling thought about Garou dodging bullets? Garou deflected them? Yes. End of story.

I don't think Garou could consistently reproduce such speed for dodging All Might, being that said feat was an inconsistency in other's perception of his strength. Inconsistent speed is only a temporary sheild; that was my line of thinking. Thus, I figured that things would be fairly close.

Now that things have devolved into people calling me a retard, I'll graciously take my leave.

AllProgress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Garou.

Even if they're at the same level physically (anywhere prior to his Monster Forms) he's still a better fighter. At least in my opinion

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garou should win after last chapter, I think.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@gnomishness:

Current Sonic maybe, but even just Sea-King Arc Sonic, who was still untouchably faster then the low S-class heroes, should've been in the same rough speed-league as Garou has shown himself to be within his hero-hunting.

Sonic has easily been supersonic since his first appearance, when he fought Saitama he broke the speed of sound. And in the anime the rocks hammerhead threw were moving at supersonic speeds and yet sonic had no trouble dodging them.

Death Gatling knew how strong and fast Garou was due to his fight with the B class heroes, which Garou was trying his very hardest in, and still struggling.

No he wouldn't, all the heroes were astounded by his power and endurance the whole time they were fighting. And even so let's not forget Garou was weakened,wounded,exhausted, and poisoned in that fight.

The fact that Death Gatling straight up said that it was game over is pretty definitive evidence that as far as Death Gatling had seen over that entire encounter, Garou should have not been physically capable of to so much as surviving the gating fire let alone deflecting very single bullet.

He was arrogant and wrong, right after he shoots at him he is confused as to why it didn't work.

No Caption Provided

If Garou really was that fast, Death Gatling would've figured he'd just dodge out of the bullet stream with the space he had to work with.

It doesn't matter what Death Gatling thinks, his opinion is not important.

Deflecting regular Bullets isn't even actually impressive.

You said his deflecting bullets and being supersonic is outlier, that shows it's not although of course those bullets do move slower than DG's.

A maximally trained human without any particular physical enhancement quirk in MHA could probably do something similar.

Then why has no one in their entire world done it?

Machine-gun bullets however, are several times faster, and deflecting a barrage of them implies that you actually are that speed while deflecting just one of something doesn't necessarily prove anything, since a regular human doesn't move as fast as a ball in the air.

Garou's done it, I'm not sure what you're arguing.

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garou.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot about this before but Garou doesn't kill heroes, so he wouldn't use Bomb's technique to begin with.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 higherpower  Moderator

@synchronized_123 said:

I forgot about this before but Garou doesn't kill heroes, so he wouldn't use Bomb's technique to begin with.

You don't think he'll use it despite being bloodlusted here? And it's win by death so him not killing heroes shouldn't really matter.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 higherpower  Moderator

@jashro44@majinblackheart In the case anyone questions whether I edited though OP, I would like confirmation in advance that the last time I edited it was a several months ago.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@higherpower: I didn't look at the OP beyond which All Might and Garou are being used,so yeah, I guess he could go for thst technique.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44@majinblackheart In the case anyone questions whether I edited though OP, I would like confirmation in advance that the last time I edited it was a several months ago.

We can't check when you edited the OP.

@toratorn said:

@gnomishness: your logic is retarded. Who gives a shit about what Gatling thought about Garou dodging bullets? Garou deflected them? Yes. End of story.

Warning for using the word retarded in a derogatory manner. Final warning.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@jashro44: Really? I could've sworn Jlone did it before.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Speed is a huge factor as to who hits first. Garou all the way.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can safely say Garou wins now.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers