@firefly489: Okay so:
Infantry: 2k CTs, 1k Scouts, 2k Cadians, 1k cadian scouts, 500 cadian veterans (6.5k) vs 2k B1s, 1k B2s, 2k fire warriors, 1k pathfinders, 1k kroot scouts, 500 shield drones (7.5k). 1k numbers advantage for T2, and frankly I'd give them the quality advantage too. With B2s they have fairly tanky units, with tau they have the best range and best firepower, with shield drones they have extra defences, and with kroot scouts they have dangerous melee units. Meanwhile the T1 infantry is mostly just standard soldiers. T2 has better quality, melee, tankiness, range, and numbers, giving them just about every advantage. Much like Six said the guard needs a lot more infantry than the tau to win a firefight, especially on such an open battlefield.
Now from here its a bit more difficult to make a 1:1 versus comparison because the categories are massively different for both sides, so instead I will point out the highlights:
- Overall GAR has a pretty high amount of versatility in their special units. Moreso than any other faction here bar their allies the imperial guard. However the issue I see is in their actual uses: medics will have limited uses in an open battlefield like this, in which there isn't really much time or use in taking their time to give people medical attention. Its rather similar with Ordinance specialists; they are useful when there are enemy bombs to defuse, but neither these CIS forces or these Tau forces really even have bombs that take a long time to activate in their standard gear. This means that the medics and ordinance units really will just act as glorified troopers. Flame troopers do have their uses if the kroot ever engage in melee, but thats their only use unless they manage to cross the entire battlefield unnoticed and start burning people in nigh-melee distance (same applies to flamer teams). This means 1550 soldiers are not really doing anything remarkable here.
- T2 has clear aerial superiority. Its 20 LAATs and 20 Valkyries (40) vs 20 HMPs and 20 barracudas (40). I would give team T2 the advantage here despite the even numbers, as the HMPs are more specialized offensive ships, whereas the LAATs main purpose is transport. Amusingly the exact same applies to the empire vs the tau. The valkyries certainly are strong fighting ships as well, but their main use is transport, whereas the barracudas are pretty much the fastest ships in the setting, and while not super-strong on the offensive they still have tau weaponry which speaks for itself. However this hardly amounts to massive superiority for T2? Well the difference comes when we add units with flight: 100 blaze troopers, 500 jet troopers (600) vs 500 jet B2s, and 170 battlesuits (670). Thats not a huge quantity difference, but the difference lies in the fact that these battlesuits would absolutely decimate the clone units with ease, and unlike the rest actually have arnament to take down ships and affect the ship battle.
- Not going to lie the Republic are kind of hard-countered in this matchup. The seperatists have 10 super tanks; something that the republic explicitly has no equipment to damage with. Now the imperials suffer no such weaknesses, but even so considering they would need more damage output than anything the republic has to even put a dent into it, only the strongest artillery/tanks of their side could be able to destroy them as well. This of course results in the fact that T1 once more lags behind in overall efficiency, as the tau has tanks to match the imperials, and the imperials now also have to deal with the super tanks as the republic is useless against them. Also notable I am honestly far more impressed by the capabilities of T2 tanks here than the T1 tanks overall. The imperials obviously can match the tau, but the republic tanks severly lack any kind of versatility; they're all single-blast tanks, whereas both the CIS and the Tau sport countless different weaponry in their tanks, which allows them to not just fight back against other tanks, but cause severe damage to the enemy infantry and other units.
- Note I don't think GAR is useless here; they have enough troops and gear to do some groundwork. However overall I see them as rather a weaklink here. The only thing I see on their team that really could give an edge are: clone lancers and Alpha Arcs. The former have ridicolous speed and attack potency, despite being somewhat of a meme. If allowed to get close they could do a great amount of damage. only issue is that they have to cross the distance of two massive forces, and while they have shown capable of avoiding the CIS, the Tau are far more accurate, and have greater firepower.
- Overall I would favour T2 since they simply have too much amazing firepower
Log in to comment