Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda) vs Unalaq (Legend of Korra)

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

VS
VS
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals on, but both are determined to win.
  • Neither get any prep. The only knowledge they have is that the other has great mystical power and that they want it.
  • Win by KO, kill, or incap.
  • Ganon is composite with no powerups. Kind of like in Hyrule Warriors.
  • Unalaq has access to the Dark Avatar State and normal bending.
Fight takes place here, starting 25 feet apart.
Fight takes place here, starting 25 feet apart.

Round 2: Ganon vs Vaatu

VS
VS
No Caption Provided
  • Same rules as above, but it's Ganon in his demon pig form and Vaatu in his true form.

Which one of these corrupt leaders possessed by dark spirits seeking great powers wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't composite Ganondorf planetary or something?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't composite Ganondorf planetary or something?

How?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Amendment50

Gdorf can't be killed without master sword, but it doesn't matter cause he stomps anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Didn't he had the Triforce, that is planetary?

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tsoj

@amendment50 said:

Gdorf can't be killed without master sword, but it doesn't matter cause he stomps anyway.

NLF, but I agree with the latter part.

@jucaslucasa said:

Does it have planet level feats? All I remember it being able to do is grant one wish, and it's power being related to the three goddesses (neither of whom are planet level at all IIRC).

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can be killed by anything "light' based, right? Unalaq knows how to purge evil spirits with his water bending.

Why does he stomp?

Ganon is composite with no powerups.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Oh, I didn't read that.

Unalaq wasn't that impressive, and Vaatu lost to Korra. So, they probably loose anyway.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj said:
@amendment50 said:

That's a silly application of NLF. His power comes specifically from the godesses of the LoZ universe. It's stated that he can't be killed without the Master Sword. In universe I hardly think the idea is "He can only be killed by the Master Sword unless you hit him really really hard."

Anyway, it's just a matter of him being killed. Think Wolverine. It doesn't mean he's omnipotent or anything, just has a specific form of "immortality". OP says victory by KO or incap in addition to death so it's not even a factor anyway.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tsoj

@amendment50 said:
@tsoj said:
@amendment50 said:

That's a silly application of NLF. His power comes specifically from the godesses of the LoZ universe. It's stated that he can't be killed without the Master Sword. In universe I hardly think the idea is "He can only be killed by the Master Sword unless you hit him really really hard."

Anyway, it's just a matter of him being killed. Think Wolverine. It doesn't mean he's omnipotent or anything, just has a specific form of "immortality". OP says victory by KO or incap in addition to death so it's not even a factor anyway.

How is it silly? It's pretty much textbook NLF: "X can only be killed by Y." It's still NLF to say that only the Master Sword can kill Ganondorf. That's like saying that only fire can kill wendigos, thus they can't be killed by anything or anyone unless they've got fire handy, even galaxy-level characters or beyond. Besides, IIRC, Ganon can be killed by even a wooden sword in LoZ (NES), thus rendering that argument null anyway. Although, doesn't Ganon always reincarnate or something later?

But yeah, you've got a point anyway. I'm just against NLF is all.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StrictlyAnime

@tsoj said:
@amendment50 said:
@tsoj said:
@amendment50 said:

How is it silly? It's pretty much textbook NLF: "X can only be killed by Y." It's still NLF to say that only the Master Sword can kill Ganondorf. That's like saying that only fire can kill wendigos, thus they can't be killed by anything or anyone unless they've got fire handy, even galaxy-level characters or beyond. Besides, IIRC, Ganondorf can be killed by even a wooden sword in LoZ (NES), thus rendering that argument null anyway. Although, doesn't Ganon always reincarnate or something later?

Actually its not just the Master Sword, Holy Weapons in general like the Silver Arrows counter Ganon's immortality; so its not like Unalaq could kill him via drowning. That being said I'm pretty sure getting thrown into the sun by Superman would kill him.

Anyway Ganondorf wins.

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By passingthroughv2

@tsoj said:
@amendment50 said:
@tsoj said:
@amendment50 said:

How is it silly? It's pretty much textbook NLF: "X can only be killed by Y." It's still NLF to say that only the Master Sword can kill Ganondorf. That's like saying that only fire can kill wendigos, thus they can't be killed by anything or anyone unless they've got fire handy, even galaxy-level characters or beyond. Besides, IIRC, Ganondorf can be killed by even a wooden sword in LoZ (NES), thus rendering that argument null anyway. Although, doesn't Ganon always reincarnate or something later?

Here just to infodump Ganondorf is actually a living curse/grude made by the Demon God Demise who basically as along as the Hero Link and Hylia's reincarnation Zelda exist and reincarnate so will he. In the original LoZ you need the sliver arrows to kill him. So master sword is not necessary canonically the master sword or sliver arrows are the only things that can kill him. In the games you can kick his ass with a wooden sword, a jar, a stick as long as you off him with either the Master Sword or sliver arrows. Light arrows stun him.

But anyway I agree with tsoj and CV is kinda against you need X weapon to kill this guy and only X weapon can do it.

On-topic Ganondorf stomps.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@passingthroughv2 said:

@tsoj said:
@amendment50 said:
@tsoj said:
@amendment50 said:

Here just to infodump Ganondorf is actually a living curse/grude made by the Demon God Demise who basically as along as the Hero Link and Hylia's reincarnation Zelda exist and reincarnate so will he. In the original LoZ you need the sliver arrows to kill him. So master sword is not necessary canonically the master sword or sliver arrows are the only things that can kill him. In the games you can kick his ass with a wooden sword, a jar, a stick as long as you off him with either the Master Sword or sliver arrows. Light arrows stun him.

But anyway I agree with tsoj and CV is kinda against you need X weapon to kill this guy and only X weapon can do it.

On-topic Ganondorf stomps.

Yeah, no, you guys are right, it's not just the Master Sword, but it is a specific holy weapon like the Master Sword that is required.

I imagine if he was thrown into the sun by Superman, etc. he would probably turn into some kind of incorporeal evil spirit or something. But the games don't delve that deep into it so we won't every know for sure I guess. :P

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: @tsoj: @passingthroughv2: What about Unalaq's special movement for purifying dark beings? I could see it working on Ganon, if he could get him in a position to use it.

Death isn't the only way to win here anyways, just KO or incap would be enough.

Why do you guys think Ganondorf stomps?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Amendment50

@joewell911 said:

@amendment50: @tsoj: @passingthroughv2: What about Unalaq's special movement for purifying dark beings? I could see it working on Ganon, if he could get him in a position to use it.

Death isn't the only way to win here anyways, just KO or incap would be enough.

Why do you guys think Ganondorf stomps?

Nah I don't think that would cut it. It would probably need to be something from the Zelda universe, cause I'm pretty sure it has to do with the goddesses and triforce and all that good stuff.

As for him stomping, he's just a lot more powerful with dark magic. He can fight on par with Link when Link is armed to the teeth with weapons that defeat dragons that decimate entire towns and giants that can wreck buildings, etc etc etc.

I mean, Vaatu can get overpowered and sealed up just by having a lot of rocks and water thrown at him. Meanwhile Gdorf is surviving castles collapsing on top of him without breaking a sweat.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer

Ok let me just clear up a few things here.

1. Silver Arrows aren't viable against Ganondorf, they haven't been ever since the Master Sword took the place of being the sole thing to kill him rather than just merely stun him.

2. Regarding holy weapons, it needs to be a weapon that has the power to vanquish evil, it can't just be some holy weapon, even then it has to be an extremely powerful weapon that vanquishes evil. Take example Light Arrows, Light Arrows are the 2nd most powerful weapon in the LoZverse, they can one shot just about every enemy of evil Link comes across. These Light Arrows are powered by all the Sages, which include Zelda(who is a very powerful magic user and holding the Triforce of Wisdom) and Rauru(who has power beyond time and space) along with the 5 other Sages.

Light Arrows merely just stun Ganondorf, when taking into account how powerful these Arrows are, that's ridiculously impressive.

Moving on the only other holy weapon that has beaten Ganondorf was the 4 Sword, however Link still needed Zelda's help just to seal away Ganondorf within the sword. However this was when Ganondorf didn't have the power he once had, meaning that the 4 Sword is weaker than the true Master Sword even if it has the power to vanquish evil, yet it could not against a weakened Ganondorf.

To show I'm not lying here.

No trace remains of the human known as Ganondorf. He was heard to lament "the power I have attained from the people of Hyrule is not yet enough." From Ganon's words we can surmise that he did not have the power needed to cover Hyrule in darkness.

- Taken from Hyrule Historia

Also noting that the Four Sword had the Light Force, the power which dwelled within every creature on the planet, enough to destroy Vaati who was a powerful dark Sorcerer.

Now moving onto the Master Sword itself, the thing was pretty much created by 4 deities. The Goddess Hylia(who imprisoned Demise during the final battle, created the Goddess Sword which would later become the Master Sword and created Fi, the sword spirit.) created the Goddess Sword, Link then sought out to infuse the Master Sword in the sacred flames of the three Goddess' empowering it with the very Force that the goddess' gave to the world.

Link continued his task of tampering the Goddess Sword in the sacred flames of the Golden Goddesses. Imbued with the immense, sacred power of the Force, the Goddess Sword was transformed into the Master Sword.

- Taken from HH

Force, the sacred power the gods gave to the world. It's the breath of life itself.

- Taken from HH

It's clearly the most powerful object within the LoZverse, barring the actual Triforce.

Ganondorf has withstood a few blows of it's power and still kept coming(no not in gameplay, but in actual cutscenes).

Now I hope that I've cleared all that up, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganon without difficulty

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganon stomps..........

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

2. Regarding holy weapons, it needs to be a weapon that has the power to vanquish evil, it can't just be some holy weapon, even then it has to be an extremely powerful weapon that vanquishes evil.

Much more concise way of putting what I was trying to say. Thanks for that, lol.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: Well thanks, though I think I might have muddled some useless words together, still though I got my point across.

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is Ganondorf Composite?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is Ganondorf Composite?

OP says composite soo...yep.

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganondorf both rounds possibly.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganondorf and Ganon win. Just more powerful from what I know.