Gamora, Drax vs Black Widow, Winter Soldier (MCU)

• 113 results
hyiena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By hyiena

I think WS and Widow.

WS was trading not blows with Cap, who in respect was holding off Ultron.

Drax didn't do anything special in film. I think film versions, WS takes the majority.

Now, Drax can sneeze and kill them in comic land.

blackcat_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sirfizzwhizz:

www.gifs.com/gif/KRO9jj

No Caption Provided

Last time Gamora pretty much beat Quill, he had to BFR her via high tech rockets and she still came back for more.

Gamora is inherently superhuman considering she could break out of Groots hold using sheer force and continued to butcher him with her sword, not to mention she kicked Nebula about 20 ft and tanked severe electrocution; she also managed to survive in the vacuum of space for a time (much longer than any human could, Star Lord doesn't count because he's only half human)

Given these facts Nat doesn't have a great track record against people of superior strength and similar skill so he'll go down quite quickly. Drax is a tank for reasons mentioned above so WS is gonna have a tough time dealing with him, either way Guardians take the majority imo.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how is this remotely fair. the gotg duo destroys them. any of them can solo.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 got this

LeoJohm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 easy!and in comic versions either of team 1 could take out in 2.9 seconds

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora and Drax stomp

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#58 JediXMan  Moderator

My problem with Gamora being superhuman is that it's inconsistent with her fights. She was beating Quill through skill, not stats, in GotG.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

My problem with Gamora being superhuman is that it's inconsistent with her fights. She was beating Quill through skill, not stats, in GotG.

Who was arguing otherwise?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 JediXMan  Moderator
@angeljax said:
@jedixman said:

Who was arguing otherwise?

Nobody. But my point is that she should have dominated Quill through sheer stats; the fact that she didn't puts into question whether she can legitimately beat people like Bucky, who is superhuman and dominates people with high skill (like Black Widow).

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamora shows that she's a multi tonner in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. She can handle bucky in stats.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By spiderbuck1

Batista or Gamora solos

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 probably wins this because of their ranged gear. In a melee fight, team 1 wins.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: her kick to to Nebula proves she was enhanced. Neither Cap or BW could do that or anything even close. Let alone break out of Groots roots. Either would solo here. They are definitely a notch or two above street level.

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cptstormsword

Drax is bulletproof so this battle will get close up.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: her kick to to Nebula proves she was enhanced

What was the kick? Can you show it?

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@jedixman: I estimate minium 20ft, based on Nebula's size relative to the whole behind them.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 JediXMan  Moderator

K.

By my arbitrary calculation: around 30 ft
By my arbitrary calculation: around 30 ft

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By spiderbuck1

@jedixman: oh snap

still

Gamora shows that she's a multi tonner in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. She can handle bucky in stats.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: oh snap

still

@cptstormsword said:

Still waiting for that evidence. The gun has no specified weight, so it's worthless. Holding on to Drax is impressive, but...

Loading Video...

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By spiderbuck1

I haven't seen GoTG2 so I can't really say much more than that. She wasn't uber impressive in the first movie, come to think of it. These feats are impressive though. It's safe to say you've made a case for Bucky maybe close to Gamora in stats, but do you really think he beats her H2H though? And even if he does, (which I don't think would be the case) that's not going to stop Drax from uberstomping both WS and Widow.

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: She picked up a massive block of metal and was able to handle the guns recoil. Also the ship was falling at terminal velocity or faster and she held onto a 200+ guy being smacked through huge trees at massive speed. Considering one ton cars going at high speed can't even budge small trees it's impressive she held someone breaking large trees in half.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 JediXMan  Moderator

I haven't seen GoTG2 so I can't really say much more than that. She wasn't uber impressive in the first movie, come to think of it. These feats are impressive though. It's safe to say you've made a case for Bucky maybe close to Gamora in stats, but do you really think he beats her H2H though?

The only time Bucky fought someone of equal stats and superior skill was when he fought T'Challa, which was a stalemate (outside of the suit).

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@spiderbuck1 said:

I haven't seen GoTG2 so I can't really say much more than that. She wasn't uber impressive in the first movie, come to think of it. These feats are impressive though. It's safe to say you've made a case for Bucky maybe close to Gamora in stats, but do you really think he beats her H2H though?

The only time Bucky fought someone of equal stats and superior skill was when he fought T'Challa, which was a stalemate (outside of the suit).

What about Cap?

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her durability is too high she tanked the explosin of a near indestructible mining vessel from inside unharmed nothing Bucky has will even tickle her

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MUVDCU

@cptstormsword: When did Drax get shot? Please don't say in the prison because the Bot he tore in half was facing the other way it's been debunked. It's thruster were slightly touching him so I guess he has some heat resistance though.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what counts as standard gear for Buck. Gamora is more than capable of taking down Nat. If Buck has his guns, he can take down Drax, otherwise he loses.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax solos. Gamora can likely solo as well, but I'm not certain.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

Her fight with Quill could easily be explained by her not taking him all that seriously, or by not needing to exert herself physically to beat him. After GotG2, it should be pretty clear that she's superhuman, with feats like holding on to Drax during the crash, carrying that giant gun (yeah the weight's unspecified, but we can still see it's really big, and there's even an interview where they talk about how it shows her strength), taking falls and landings that someone like Quill couldn't, etc

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either on team two solo

@jedixman said:

Quill wasn't a normal human at that point, besides I doubt Nat or bucky could hold on to Drax with a cable while crashing onto a planet.

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu: Smashing through tree's at terminal velocity without any scrapes or abrasions. His hide is too thick for bullets to affect.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

Quill wasn't a normal human at that point, besides I doubt Nat or bucky could hold on to Drax with a cable while crashing onto a planet.

What was he, then? He wasn't superhuman until GotG 2, and even then, he only showed his powers in the final fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky can win this for his team with gear.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

How?

By shooting them.

Drax isn't getting pierced by bullets, and Gamora survived a ship exploding next to her unscathed. What exactly is Bucky's gear gonna do to them?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@angeljax said:

How?

By shooting them.

Drax isn't getting pierced by bullets, and Gamora survived a ship exploding next to her unscathed. What exactly is Bucky's gear gonna do to them?

The grenade launcher should do the job. A explosive to the face should hurt them.

The ship barely hit her.

What exactly is Bucky's gear gonna do to them?

Hurt and kill them.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@angeljax said:

How?

By shooting them.

The grenade launcher should do the job. A explosive to the face should hurt them.

The ship barely hit her.

Hurt and kill them.

Okay

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@watcher5000 said:
@jedixman said:

What was he, then? He wasn't superhuman until GotG 2, and even then, he only showed his powers in the final fight.

I mean he didn't learn to use his powers but he still was a hybrid of a celestial and human, that was why he didn't die touching the power gem.I am just saying that might have been why he didn't get swiftly knocked out by Gamora although I could be wrong.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@watcher5000 said:
@jedixman said:

I mean he didn't learn to use his powers but he still was a hybrid of a celestial and human, that was why he didn't die touching the power gem.I am just saying that might have been why he didn't get swiftly knocked out by Gamora although I could be wrong.

That's a lot of speculation and it's not backed up by a shred of evidence. The only inclination that Quill had that he wasn't entirely human was the gem - that's it. It means he's attuned to celestial energy given his DNA, not that he has greater durability in general. It's purely situational.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do realize that according to the op the battles starts with the teams only 10 ft apart. Bucky will be lucky to even get one shot off before Gamora has closed the gap and a grenade at that range would hurt him far more than it would hurt Gamora or Drax.

Dayman213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Dayman213

Gamora lifted that gun on a planet the size of our moon making it a lot less impressive.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MUVDCU

@dayman213: That would be fine and dandy if they ever said something about the gravity and they ever showed them floating or taking much longer to land after jumps they never did though. So it's fair to say it's the same gravity as earth because very clearly watching the movie there was never anything different from earths gravity. Ego is a celestial you think he can't make artificial gravity?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayman213: Considering how they were walking around like people would on Earth (showing no signs of less gravity) I think it's pretty safe to say they weren't really intending gravity to be a factor

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cptstormsword: I'm gonna go ahead and wait until he gets shot and it bounces off. Blunt force durability is entirely different from piercing durability. I still think the Guardians win FYI. I'm just saying we cannot say he is bulletproof and even then maybe to normal pistols I would not go above low caliber stuff though.

It's all speculation.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@angeljax said:

How?

By shooting them.

The ship barely hit her.

Hurt and kill them.

In the first Guardians, Gamora was at the center of a ship's explosion and aside from being stranded in outer space, she was fine. (and besides, Drax and Gamora are skilled, they aren't just going to stand there)

And both Drax and Gamora withstood atmospheric re-entry of a planet.

So again, how is Bucky's gear going to hurt them? So me feats of Bucky hurting someone with high-end durability like Gamora and Drax, with or without gear.

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu:

Blunt force durability is entirely different from piercing durability.

This is correct but we can get a good basis on how difficult they are to even hurt based on these showings. If a car was being dragged behind the ship instead of drax it would have been smashed to pieces. Him surviving being smashed through thick trees without injury gives you context on how durable he is. We're talking him moving at hundreds of miles per hour and he wasn't even cut or bruised.

I'm gonna go ahead and wait until he gets shot and it bounces off.

This isn't a good argument. I could say I'm gonna go ahead and wait till a nuke kills Drax to say he can't otherwise be harmed by one.

Based on him being tough enough to survive going through trees at hundreds of miles per hour without a scratch. . . . he could survive bullets.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

@cptstormsword: I'm gonna go ahead and wait until he gets shot and it bounces off. Blunt force durability is entirely different from piercing durability. I still think the Guardians win FYI. I'm just saying we cannot say he is bulletproof and even then maybe to normal pistols I would not go above low caliber stuff though.

It's all speculation.

In the post credit scene he got shot in the chest with Yondu's arrow, and it barely pierced his skin. That's more than enough to make him bulletproof.

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By cptstormsword

@flashingsabre: Yeah but it wasn't going that fast IIRC. Not sure if we could say it barely stuck him since it wasn't going at lethal speed. Maybe it was idk.