#1  Edited By Joygirl

Gamera, the Guardian of the Universe

No Caption Provided

vs.

King Kong, AKA The Eighth Wonder of the World

No Caption Provided

---------------

• In character, fighting to the death
  • Gamera is strictly from the Heisei Trilogy and can only use his size and feats from that.
  • King Kong is a composite version of himself. He can use any feats from any of his appearances, including the animated series.
  • Battle takes place on Skull Island. Planetary orbit cannot be exited for any reason.

Composite Kong:

• Height from King Kong vs. Godzilla, approximately 60 meters.
  • Speed and agility from the more fluid Peter Jackson remake.
  • Kaiju-fighting experience from his classic and animated appearances.
  • Feats from all appearances.

-----------------

For more of my battles, click here!

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Thanofleeze

What is Kong's counter to a flying opponent? Reaching up and grabbing?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Joygirl

@thanofleeze: Gamera's in character so he probably won't do much strafing, he likes to get close, so Kongy can grab on with his hands and feet and go to town.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Gamera wins

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SheenLantern

Gamera is big enough to step on King Kong...

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is unfortunately spite against King Kong, he doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

Make it the Kaiju version of Kong at the very least.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joygirl

Gamera is big enough to step on King Kong...

Certainly not. He's 60 meters, which is big, but it's not like Kong hasn't fought Kaiju before.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SheenLantern

@joygirl: That's two-hundred feet. King Kong is forty feet tall.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#9  Edited By wildvine

Actually its every version, meaning Kong is at least 60m tall. That's about Gamera's base height depending on movie.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern:

@wildvine said:

Actually it's every version, meaning Kong is at least 60m tall. That's about Gamera's base height depending on movie.

This.

Essentially, King Kong gets his size from King Kong vs. Godzilla, in which he was 60m. He gets his speed and agility from the more fluid Jackson remake. He gets his experience from his classic and animated versions. And feats from all of them.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@joygirl said:

@sheenlantern:

@wildvine said:

Actually it's every version, meaning Kong is at least 60m tall. That's about Gamera's base height depending on movie.

This.

Essentially, King Kong gets his size from King Kong vs. Godzilla, in which he was 60m. He gets his speed and agility from the more fluid Jackson remake. He gets his experience from his classic and animated versions. And feats from all of them.

If this is the case, then King Kong stomps that turtle.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: He's going to have the strength and durability to go toe to toe with Godzilla (which is enough right away to say he should win), the fighting skills to take on multiple T-Rexes at the same time (which if scaled to his larger kaiju size, makes this feat even more powerful towards this match), and he has the speed and agility to swing through a jungle/mountain area very quickly, all while carrying a tiny girl he doesn't want to injure. I would argue that his speed and acrobatics give him better mobility even with Gamera's flight. I really see composite King Kong winning 10/10 here.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joygirl

@tparks: Godzilla was downsized to match Kong's upsize, and also given an extra weakness. So while it is impressive, it doesn't really count as fighting a legitimate incarnation of Godzilla.

That said, Gamera's fireballs blasted the mega-gyaos to bits, he survived orbital re-entry (and exited orbit under his own power as well), his shield is almost completely invulnerable, and he is an incredibly fast flyer when he uses all four rockets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mhh leaning towards king kong.

JwwProd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JwwProd

Gamera wins easily.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Gamera's durability was insane. He's bleedable, sure, but the extent of his pain threshold was ridiculous. Outside of the Godzilla monsters, he's had pretty much the best pain tolerance of any Kaiju I've seen. He CREATED a flaming fist of explosive death for himself. He channeled Earth's energy into what looked like some sort of a nuclear energy beam. Unless Kong can rip Gamera's head off, and fast, I think Gamera will edge this.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GraniteSoldier
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Greatest. Thursday. Ever.

Going with chocolate and peanut butter chunk. Mmmm....

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@sheenlantern:

@wildvine said:

This.

This didn't seem like useful information to you at the time you were making this thread?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@sheenlantern:

@wildvine said:

This.

This didn't seem like useful information to you at the time you were making this thread?

It was kind of implied since I did state he was composite Kong. I suppose I should have given specifics.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@sheenlantern said:

@joygirl said:

@sheenlantern:

@wildvine said:

This.

It was kind of implied since I did state he was composite Kong. I suppose I should have given specifics.

Evidently. As King Kong can't be 10 different heights at once.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@sheenlantern said:

@joygirl said:

@sheenlantern:

@wildvine said:

This.

Evidently. As King Kong can't be 10 different heights at once.

But he can pick the best one.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@sheenlantern@joygirl

Can you use the reply button, or delete my name before additional quoting please? Thankies.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Joygirl

@wildvine: Ah, you think you actually get notifications? You were merely adopted by having to search forums for responses -- I was born to it, molded by it. I didn't receive a notification until I was already a woman, and by then it was nothing to me but annoying!

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamera ftw! I just don't see a defense against the spinning flying turtle shell.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamera does his explosive god punch and impales that monkey....

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*nudges thread*

ShadowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamera stomps. Spite. Lock.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamera stomps. Spite. Lock.

Did you actually read the OP?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tparks

@joygirl said:

@tparks: Godzilla was downsized to match Kong's upsize, and also given an extra weakness. So while it is impressive, it doesn't really count as fighting a legitimate incarnation of Godzilla.

That said, Gamera's fireballs blasted the mega-gyaos to bits, he survived orbital re-entry (and exited orbit under his own power as well), his shield is almost completely invulnerable, and he is an incredibly fast flyer when he uses all four rockets.

King Kong was still increased in size, but it's true that Godzilla was also reduced. I just saw the OP was edited so it's 60 meters, so I guess that's beside the point. 60 meters is still big enough.

I get that Gamera has faster travel speed, but when it comes to combat speed, and short, quick, acrobatic movements, King Kong is superior. King Kong also has the advantage of having more dexterous hands and feet. He can actually use complex fighting maneuvers and grapples to keep Gamera in check. King Kong is almost like a judo specialized MMA fighter in the Peter Jackson version when fighting the T-Rexes.

No Caption Provided

The more I think about it though, he will probably end up climbing something really tall and leave himself exposed to Gamera's flight and aerial attacks.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doop

hunterzillas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hunterzillas

This may be 8 months old, but I do have something to add.

First off, King Kong was scaled to match the Showa version of Godzilla, who was about 50 meters in height. King Kong, in that movie, was 45 meters in height. Gamera, on the other hand, stands at 80 meters, eclipsing King Kong.

But King Kong has an undeniable advantage. See, no matter which incarnation, Gamera has always been, light. By that, I mean he has never been as heavy as the Kaiju of Toho, especially the Heisei version. Gamera weighs in at 120 tons.

King Kong on the other hand, considering this is a composite version, and having been scaled to Toho Kaiju proportions, comes in at 25,000 tons. The weight difference alone should mean King Kong has an ENORMOUS advantage in close range combat.

Plus, King Kong has electrical powers, greatly amping his strength capabilities, and allowing him throw Godzilla around. It also increases his durability, and other attributes. I would imagine that this would also amp his speed and agility from his remake version.

No Caption Provided

Also, since storms appear to him in dire situations, I think he has the ability to attract them.....just my idea. He has resisted Godzilla's atomic breath, surviving its full force. This was the same version where the atomic breath can lift Godzilla, 20,000 tons, off of his feet, and fly at least at Mach 1+ speeds, considering he used this to catch up to Hedorah, who can fly at Mach 1.

Gamera, even with flight advantage, typically likes to fight close range. With King Kong maneuverability, agility, and combat abilities, I think he destroys Gamera up close. I also believe he will have speed and athletic ability to avoid Gamera's Plasma fire balls, the Gamera Mana Punch (with its load up time) especially his Ultimate Plasma Unibeam thing (with its charge time as well).

And since Gamera usually sticks to close range, I think King Kong will continually beat him. But I could be wrong, Gamera does fly a lot throughout the Heisei series. But even then, I don't see how he hits King Kong with his reflexes, and even if he does, I don't think it will be that horrible of an issue, since I am under the belief King Kong could find a way to bring him down.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamera stomps even Composite Kong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4092a437c53
deactivated-5d4092a437c53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers