game of thrones vs elder scrolls

• 129 results
RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

tv series game of thrones world vs elder scrolls world. with the es world being realistic sized. no gods, godlike beings or any of that allowed

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistic sized? This is trash

Slayedigneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Slayedigneel

Dovahkiin Solo's GoT, unless they have any characters that can survive continental level feats.

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: i meant bc the things in the es settings other than daggerfall (which i read wasn't really the size of great britain after all even though the game's makers said it was) are relatively much smaller than their real life equivalents, eg most mountains in oblivion and skyrim are only like 50 feet really and even the throat of the world is only like maybe a few hundred feet at the most. of course if they made the game worlds realistic sized it would take too long to get anywhere, theyd have the oblivion problem where there are too few voice actors (imo there already were in skyrim) and thered probably be a ton of other problems. so when i say realistic sized i mean like, for examples the imperial city is the size of the peak of ancient rome (1.2 mil according to one thing i read), the throat of the world is 29,028 feet tall but only a tiny dot even compared to the rest of skyrim, not to mention the rest of tamriel, etc

EzraArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Magic still allowed? If so the Dovakin should solo

anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Magic still allowed? If so the Dovakin should solo

I hate noobs, who cant read f**king OP. When it says no godlike beings it means no godlike beings.

Anyway, Tamriel should beat both Westeros and Essos. Its hard to estimate the size of Tamriel, but I guess slightly bigger than Westeros (considering that one of the main cities has like 150,000 citiziens).

The problems of Westeros and Essos:

Tamriel has women in army (means more "man" power).

Almost everyone has some degree of magic talent.

Races that can be military specializated.

Much more fantasy dangerous beings, which will work as natural Tamriel defence.

EzraArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anakon4:

Dont get mad at me for it saying "no godlike beings or any of that allowed" which is vague.

Anyway I agree with what you said

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_red_viper  Moderator

If the Dragonborn is not allowed, then Daenerys's dragons could reduce armies the size of thousands of warriors into ash. And given that nobody in Tamriel barring Dovahkiin can evenly fight a dragon, I think that this gives the GoT team a good edge (and in the newest trailer and leaked photos you can see that Drogon at least in now bigger than any Elder Scrolls dragon). Then you have the White Walkers that can wreak havoc in entire armies due to being practically unkillable without the proper weapon, can reanimate the dead into their ranks, and bring harsh winter wherever they go. Don't disregard them too quickly.

TrueAustralian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Elder Scrolls has magical answers to all of the things in GoT in very very high supply among most any race or region.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: Elder Scrolls has magical answers to all of the things in GoT in very very high supply among most any race or region.

What can they do against dragons and White Walkers?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Outside_85

Elder Scrolls due to it being far more diverse and flat out more powerful even when you disallow god-like beings (which I would argue doesn't include player characters).

Sure GoT has a few dragons... ES has quite a lot of dragons and only one is being claimed to be god-like. And while ES cannot call upon the Deadric Princes, it can still use their armies. Then there's the Draugur, giants, dwemer constructs, vampires and werewolves. And ofc a huge amount of magic users. while I understand they are fairly limited in GoT.

TrueAustralian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Have you ever played an ES game? There are many number of spells, enchantments, and other miscellaneous magics capable of resisting fire damage, and harming undead creatures to different extents.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

@trueaustralian: Yes I played Skyrim. And the thing with White Walkers is that they are not undead, they are just magical beings that can only be killed with dragonglass or Valyrian Steel.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trueaustralian: Yes I played Skyrim. And the thing with White Walkers is that they are not undead, they are just magical beings that can only be killed with dragonglass or Valyrian Steel.

What about getting trapped in a soul gem?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say but elder scrolls should be more powerful

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_red_viper  Moderator
Sayo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dovahhkinn solos. Godlike beings should stay to akatosh and the divines and the daedric princes. Dovahkinn is not a god ffs. If you are going to ban him then ban daernys too. They both can potentially solo armies, dovahkinn by his shouts and powers and daenrys using dragons everywhere.

TrueAustralian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: When you say White Walker are you talking about the zombies or the ice demons? The zombies should be dealt with in any manner undead are dealt with in Elder Scrolls. As for the ice demons, I would imagine they could be killed with many means other than Dragonglass (which is basically what ebony is in Elder Scrolls) or Valyrian steel, suggesting otherwise would be an nlf.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator

@trueaustralian: Ebony is just some metal that can be mined like coal or iron. Dragonglass is obsidian and is magical in nature, it was enchanted by the Children of the Forest.

It's not really NLF though, we have seen that regular blades just shatter off their skin and that fire has no effect over them at all.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Don't you have to kill them first though?

I'm not sure, I'm not too deep the ES lore. But isn't there a whole or skill tree of soul magic with soul manipulation spells?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_red_viper  Moderator
anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anakon4:

Dont get mad at me for it saying "no godlike beings or any of that allowed" which is vague.

Anyway I agree with what you said

It might be vague, but any person using simple logic could realize that Dragonborn=godlike being.

EzraArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper said:

I'm not sure, I'm not too deep the ES lore. But isn't there a whole or skill tree of soul magic with soul manipulation spells?

Gameplay wise you need to kill your opponent before capturing their soul. Lore wise you don't always have to kill them. Sometimes just weaken them, or in the case of Azura's Star it can capture any soul.

anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sayo786 said:

Dovahhkinn solos. Godlike beings should stay to akatosh and the divines and the daedric princes. Dovahkinn is not a god ffs. If you are going to ban him then ban daernys too. They both can potentially solo armies, dovahkinn by his shouts and powers and daenrys using dragons everywhere.

GoT Dragons can't cast magic and they can be taken down by archers and balistas. Even TES Dragons can die by the city garrisons. I wouldn't say dragons are godlike beings, they are basically just planes with flamethrower.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:
@the_red_viper said:

Gameplay wise you need to kill your opponent before capturing their soul. Lore wise you don't always have to kill them. Sometimes just weaken them, or in the case of Azura's Star it can capture any soul.

Thanks. When using video game characters we use lore and cut scenes instead of game mechanics correct?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_red_viper  Moderator
helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Scrolls wins.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

White Walkers are a big issue.

But ES has a few nasties that might make things difficult. Like ghosts, that need silver or magic to be dealt with, which I don't think are abundant in GoT.

Probably too many variables to say who would win.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tamriel wrecks ASOIAF as far as I see. Also, being more specific on "god-like beings" will help here.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: @god_of_batman: How do you plan on weakening them though

Well fire and regular swords had no affect on them, but that doesn't mean stronger weapons backed by stronger people can't harm them at all. There's also some high level spells that may not be able to kill them but should still harm them. There also conjured weapons that are technically magical in nature that could potentially harm them.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_red_viper  Moderator

@uugieboogie: The strength of the man swinging the weapon is irrelevant since anything that touches them just vaporizes. And fire didn't just have no effect on them, it literally moved out of their way when they walked to it.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: The strength of the man swinging the weapon is irrelevant since anything that touches them just vaporizes. And fire didn't just have no effect on them, it literally moved out of their way when they walked to it.

Was it just regular fire? And what about conjured/bound weapons?

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RobertMiles1

@ezraarcher: well of course there is magic allowed

edit: and when i say no gods or godlike beings i mean no divines, daedra princes or whatever the GoT setting has that's like that

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@the_red_viper: @uugieboogie:

Spellswords commonly use conjured weapons, which are not metal to get vaporized, and High level conjured weapons also auto soul trap the targets. A mage could just control them as well.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@uugieboogie: It was fire conjured by tge Children of the Forest IIRC but I don't see how that matters.

Also with the conjured weapons well I dunno about that but it could maybe work. Could be that would harm them but they can still one-shot anyone that their blades touch.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: @uugieboogie:

Spellswords commonly use conjured weapons, which are not metal to get vaporized, and High level conjured weapons also auto soul trap the targets. A mage could just control them as well.

Thanks for the info bro.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By echostarlord117

You're pitting a high-magic universe (Elder Scrolls) against a low-magic universe (GoT). The victor should be obvious.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@princearagorn1: What makes you think that a mage could control the White Walkers? If it were that easy the the Children of the Forest and the Greenseers could have also done it.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: It was fire conjured by tge Children of the Forest IIRC but I don't see how that matters.

I was only asking because I wouldn't expect normal fire to be as powerful as magical fire with better burning feats and such.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of the protags from ES can probably solo tbh.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_red_viper  Moderator

@uugieboogie: Well as I said, it just moved aside when they approached it.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

I don't remember greenseers or the children having tp skills on the level of elder scrolls illusion mages. Can you elaborate a bit?

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

What's Elder Scrolls without Dovahbro? What kind of a match it this?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_red_viper  Moderator

@princearagorn1: For example Bran Stark (the noobiest of noobs as far as Greenseers go), kind of possessed Hodor in his childhood in a magical LSD trip into the past thingy.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neither Dovahkiin or the deities are needed.....

i'd cite the fact that the greybeards & Uric have both used the voice; the former being able to shake a freakin' mountain.

The sheer variety of clans/races/species would be wayyyyy too overwhelming for GoT

White Walkers seem to be GoT's ace in the hole but i don't see it being enough to give them the win. Magic users that work with conjuring & illusions would be a big problem. Enchanted weapons should work on whitewalkers too, which are 10,000 times easier to come by in ES.

Necromancers could likely seize control of the majority of the undead, And the White Walkers have no answer to non-corporeal enemies like specters/wraiths.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@the_red_viper:

Basic mind control (?) of a child or a mentally challenged person, whichever you pick. A basic illusion spell, except one not strong enough to affect common adult thugs. Not exactly a strong case.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the_red_viper  Moderator

@princearagorn1: What did any TES illusionist do to suggest they are above that?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@princearagorn1: Illusionists aren't really common at all in the lore though. How many notable illusionists are there? Maybe six if we're being generous. I'm sure there are more people who know a few illusion spells, but there aren't many that are particularly skilled at it. Each Mages guild chapter seems to have one illusion instructor, and that's pretty much the extent of illusion in the lore, and they don't really do a whole lot in the lore either, besides exist as a quest giver and means to increase the player character's illusion stats. And you never run into anyone who uses illusion spells. That might just be a game mechanic, because it would be too difficult to fight, but it does seem like Illusion is the least common magic in Tamriel from both a game design and lore standpoint.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't there way more dragons in TES than GoT?

Either way TES stomp with Magic Master Chief