#1 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

The tournament

To celebrate the release of season 8 of Game of Thrones I was thinking why not do a tournament? So since the stats in game of thrones are basically the same and it is mostly about skill I will ban the best fighters in Game of Thrones. The fighters will be to my ranking as there are no official ones. Any other fighter you can take. I would advise not picking characters that have directly lost to someone else's of course, but this is a tournament so your debate is based off your debating skills.

I myself do not know who I wish to use as of yet but I will be joining. I was thinking about 8 spots for the tournament, more if we get enough people wanting to participate. AS for the rules.

The Rules

So the rules are, basically as I said above, you can't pick any fighter from this list, or who I believe may be of the same skill as these fighters, it will be up to my discretion. Feel free to argue your picks though if they aren't quite as good.

1. Ser Arthur Dayne

2. Ser Barristan Selmy, Daemon Blackfyre

3. Aegon The Conqueror, or either of his sisters.

4. Jaime Lannister

5. Victarion Greyjoy

6. Young Robert Baratheon, Rhaegar Targaryen.

7. Brienne of Tarth, Euron Greyjoy, Jon Snow

8. The brothers Clegane

This is the list at the moment. If anyone would like to add anything let me know. Obviously I didn't list everyone who could possibly be here, that would make for poor tournament choices wouldn't it?

Lets get this thing going.

#2 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ll take Oberyn, or if not then Daario

#4 Edited by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@noah_ouellette: Can i join with Asher Forester from the GoT Telltale Series?

No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: Yeah he is fine.

@webinyoureye11: Knew I forgot someone up there. Forgot Oberyn. Yeah the guy who beat the Mountain hilariously easily is not allowed lol. Daario Niharis is fine.

#6 Edited by dark_globe (657 posts) - - Show Bio

there are other top fighters you should ban from this event :

in particular : cregan stark and Aemon Targaryen the dragonknight
would clear this tournament if someone is smart enough to pick them .

the top tier of GoT in no particular order:
top 4: dayne , selmy , aemon , daemon
slightly below but still top tier: cregan stark , 2 handed jaime , smiling knight , duncan the tall ...

#7 Posted by FaradaySloth (9989 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot Hot Pie my dude.

#8 Edited by Laiks Stake (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhaenys, the sister of Aegon I is banned? She was a lady, doubt she ever killed someone with a sword, if not for her dragon, she wouldn't fight at all.

#9 Posted by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: Would it matter if it wasn’t? Specifically what are you asking for?

@dark_globe: didn’t mention because they are on the tier of the characters I named but yeah.

@laiks stake: Eh. Visenya was a better fighter than Aegon. That’s why I mentioned both.

#11 Posted by dark_globe (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman said:

@noah_ouellette: Is this standard gear?

i think it doesn´t really matter that much: dayne , selmy , aemon and daemon
would wreck anyone even with regular sword .
valyrian steel could only give you so much of an edge :
if the skill disparity is big enough better sword is not going to save the day for you .
and if you belong to the top 4-5 all time best you win regardless

#12 Posted by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@noah_ouellette: I was just curious as to what the stipulations are for each round, although im pretty sure i can guess.

#13 Posted by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#14 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't really get what this is..

#15 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio

The tournament

To celebrate the release of season 8 of Game of Thrones I was thinking why not do a tournament? So since the stats in game of thrones are basically the same and it is mostly about skill I will ban the best fighters in Game of Thrones. The fighters will be to my ranking as there are no official ones. Any other fighter you can take. I would advise not picking characters that have directly lost to someone else's of course, but this is a tournament so your debate is based off your debating skills.

I myself do not know who I wish to use as of yet but I will be joining. I was thinking about 8 spots for the tournament, more if we get enough people wanting to participate. AS for the rules.

The Rules

So the rules are, basically as I said above, you can't pick any fighter from this list, or who I believe may be of the same skill as these fighters, it will be up to my discretion. Feel free to argue your picks though if they aren't quite as good.

1. Ser Arthur Dayne

2. Ser Barristan Selmy, Daemon Blackfyre

3. Aegon The Conqueror, or either of his sisters.

4. Jaime Lannister

5. Victarion Greyjoy

6. Young Robert Baratheon, Rhaegar Targaryen.

7. Brienne of Tarth, Euron Greyjoy, Jon Snow

8. The brothers Clegane

This is the list at the moment. If anyone would like to add anything let me know. Obviously I didn't list everyone who could possibly be here, that would make for poor tournament choices wouldn't it?

Lets get this thing going.

Books allowed?

#16 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Aegon, Daemon, etc are mentioned, I assume books are allowed. I could go Night King here and be all sneaky sneaky. Or maybe Azor Ahai. Seems too easy though. Im a big fan of Duncan and Smiling Knight. I could also go with any of the previous swords of the morning. But nah. Of more current people I like Garlan Tyrell. Strong Belwas could be cool as well.

I have to imagine Aemon will be a popular choice here. But Im going to go a different route!

Might as well and go with Gwayne Corbray. The dude fought with Blackfyre for an extended period of time while Blackfyre was fighting like "the warrior himself." Sure, Blackfyre won, but I also think hes like a top 3 or so fighter in history, which means Corbray is right up there. Corbray also has a valyrian steel blade, which I think you really need if youre going to win this tournament.

Unfortunately, I dont believe Corbray has a lot of other feats, but this one is enough from my pov.

#17 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

@ginman333: it is indeed novels as well as the show.

@aka_aka_aka_ak: Its clearly a tournament where you pick a fighter from game Of thrones that is worse than the ones listed in the post. It’s a tournament of the worlds most mediocre swordsmen basically. Not the best. Because the list of best is well defined in who is superior to others.

#18 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio

@ginman333: it is indeed novels as well as the show.

@aka_aka_aka_ak: Its clearly a tournament where you pick a fighter from game Of thrones that is worse than the ones listed in the post. It’s a tournament of the worlds most mediocre swordsmen basically. Not the best. Because the list of best is well defined in who is superior to others.

Well you have my answer in Corbray above. :-)

Thoughts?

#19 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Boi people better sign up. I want to actually do this one

#22 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman said:

Boi people better sign up. I want to actually do this one

Feats?

#23 Posted by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: Just keep bumping and tag people you know who enjoy game of thrones

#25 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#29 Posted by ManaMan (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_globe: @ginman333: @noah_ouellette: I dont think this tournament is going to take off. Would one of you like to still do a CaV against my character in honor of GoT?

Im using Asher Forrester from the GoT Telltale series