Game Dragon Battle! (Alduin vs Deathwing vs Bahamut)

• 72 results
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

So.. this is a three way fight between:

Alduin (The Elder Scrolls)

No Caption Provided

vs

Bahamut (Final Fantasy)

No Caption Provided

vs

Deathwing (World of Warcraft)

No Caption Provided

I will admit that I only know about Alduin, though. So this might be a mismatch, I'll tag the experts in the next post.

Alduin, as he appears in skyrim,

Bahamut as he appears in Final fantasy: Realm reborn trailer/End of an era or whatever.

Deathwing is.. Dunno. Standard? or whatever trailers he appears in and things?

Takes place on an isolated fantasy mountaintop.

Win by: Kill, Death, Ko, Making the other unable to fight back.

Mental state: Rawr!

Go!

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@princearagorn1: I am not very familiar with Deathwing or Bahamut, but I know that Alduin cannot be beaten without Dragonrend according to Skyrim.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marshall_Long

I'm only familiar with Bahamut but from other Final Fantasy's.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I am not very familiar with Deathwing or Bahamut, but I know that Alduin cannot be beaten without Dragonrend according to Skyrim.

Isn't that for permanantly putting them down or something? Like.. how blades could kill the dragons but only dragonborn can permanently put them down?

The other two just have to beat him once. Via Ko, or making him unable to fight anymore.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only familiar with Bahamut but from other Final Fantasy's.

I actually saw him in an epic music video and was like.. wow. Awesome :o

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Dragonrend serves to make dragons vulnerable and unless under its effects, Alduin himself is invencible. The Dragonborn is only capable of permanently destroy other dragons, but not Alduin himself. He is eternal as time and even when he is destroyed at the end of the main quest, you cannot absorb his soul and other characters comment that he will return in time to fullfill his purpose to destroy the world so that a new one can be created. All the Dragonborn accomplished was to put a setback on him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Dragonrend serves to make dragons vulnerable and unless under its effects, Alduin himself is invencible. The Dragonborn is only capable of permanently destroy other dragons, but not Alduin himself. He is eternal as time and even when he is destroyed at the end of the main quest, you cannot absorb his soul and other characters comment that he will return in time to fullfill his purpose to destroy the world so that a new one can be created. All the Dragonborn accomplished was to put a setback on him.

but if I have him dragon-rended then he won't be able to fly :(

Well, I should put 'invulnerability off' in the op then.

Btw, how strong is his invulnerability? What did he tank?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I can't say, m8... I am not very good debater in regards to battle stats, I am only specialized in the lore aspects. For that matter, Alduin never faced in the game anything else more powerful and dangerous than the dragonborn so I can't tell. Its possible that Deathwing and Bahamut may wipe the floor with him, I can't say because never battled any type of enemy like this.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Marshall_Long

@princearagorn1: I believe this is Bahamut's best feat but this is from another game

Loading Video...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bahamut

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@princearagorn1: I believe this is Bahamut's best feat but this is from another game

Loading Video...

Sooooo...I guess Bahamut wins then.

Jmarshmallow

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: mismatch in lore Aludin is powerful but nowhere near death wings level of power it took the power of for gods and the dragon soul which is basically the gods most powerful weapon made for him he's got 3 metres thigh admantium armor and knows more magic than anyone in Azeroth nearly

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Isn't Bahamut a god or the avatar of a dragon god if I recall? Deathwing is imbued with the power of old gods. Alduin is supremely powerful in Skyrim lore but I'm not sure if he is compared to these two.

I need to re-look into Bahamut, I am fairly certain he's going to take this.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea why Bahamut is, but I know Alduin gets wrecked by Deathwing.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: mismatch in lore Aludin is powerful but nowhere near death wings level of power it took the power of for gods and the dragon soul which is basically the gods most powerful weapon made for him he's got 3 metres thigh admantium armor and knows more magic than anyone in Azeroth nearly

bahamut looks stronger than him?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kyrees

@granitesoldier: it depends on lore but the problem is that bahamut from final fantasy has so many stories that it's quite confusing to based them on lore alone. there are versions that he's a god, there's a version that he's an ancient spirit, there's also a version that he's just a ship.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Alduin and Deathwing require a Plot device to beat in their respective games. The difference being Alduin is defeated by a single person whereas Deathwing is only defeated by a large group of adventurers and the intervention of The other Dragon Aspects. In terms of Scale....Deathwing is much, much bigger than Alduin.

Loading Video...

Basically he broke the world as a side-effect of waking up and stretching his wings a bit.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@kyrees: Yep. Hence my confusion haha. Just depends on version.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thelocust619

@princearagorn1: Specify a Bahamut...they're all different, n Bahamut ZERO is a continent buster at minimum (moon level max). Most other Bahamut dies fast though.

Deathwing runs destructive power here hands down excluding super bahamuts

Alduin runs life/vitality, as he's impervious without Dragonrend. By default he'd prob win via durability hax if B ZERO isn't there (no evidence he can tank that level of power) but then again these are other actual dragons he's fighting, not humans with dragon powers so his hax may be null.

So basically, Bahamut ZERO>Deathwing>Alduin>most other Bahamuts

k4Anarky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4Anarky

Alduin the World-Eater, an aspect of the Divine God Akatosh, is supposed to only appear at the end times. But Akatosh is also famous for being batshit crazy, so only he would deputize a Dragonborn to stop himself from destroying the world.

In the form of a Dragon, Alduin is invulnerable to all damage... until the Divine Goddess Kynareth commanded Alduin's lieutenant Paarthurnax to teach humans the tongues. And so the Dragonrend shout was created to force Alduin to experience mortality, something he has never known before.

I guess it's wind down to Alduin vs Deathwing. Though Deathwing has more impressive offensive feats, as the most impressive thing Alduin can do is calling meteors to drop from the sky.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Time for a bump.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathwing is essentially a superior version of Alduin, considering the fact that they are both invulnerable/immortal Dragon Gods. Akin to comparing Doctor Doom to Darksied.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Time for a bump.

this thread needs rift dragons my friend - way harder boss fights

Regulos
Regulos
Akylios
Akylios
Laethys
Laethys
Maelforge
Maelforge
Greenscale
Greenscale
Crucia
Crucia

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thelocust619

The pic is FFX Bahamut, but the one stated in the Op is from FFXV. Without any feats to go by yet, I looked at some wiki n found this bit of lore, to which I say....meh. idk.

"Held in duress for aeons within the lesser moon, Dalamud, the elder primal Bahamut broke free of his captivity when the celestial body was wrested from the heavens to descend upon the Battle of Carteneau. Once freed, the terrible being wrought fiery destruction across the length and breadth of Eorzea, his devastating rampage marking the beginning of the Seventh Umbral Era. In the midst of the chaos, however, Bahamut was enveloped in a blinding white light and abruptly disappeared from the skies. None claim to have seen the primal in the five years since."

As for Alduin vs Deathwing....im sure a dragon god would be able to damage a dragon god, in which case I'm pretty sure Deathwing would just sky-tackle Alduin into a broken mess in the Island sized crater it'd leave behind....I beat the living shi+ out of Alduin on max difficulty with a hammer made from his family that I also beat the shi+ out of, but meanwhile you need 25 Dov level characters to even think of taking on Deathwing. And also god-stuff.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Those look awesome :)

How strong are they, though? I already feel odd putting three characters, two of which I don't know, in a thread. Now let's add fourth ;)

The pic is FFX Bahamut, but the one stated in the Op is from FFXV. Without any feats to go by yet, I looked at some wiki n found this bit of lore, to which I say....meh. idk.

"Held in duress for aeons within the lesser moon, Dalamud, the elder primal Bahamut broke free of his captivity when the celestial body was wrested from the heavens to descend upon the Battle of Carteneau. Once freed, the terrible being wrought fiery destruction across the length and breadth of Eorzea, his devastating rampage marking the beginning of the Seventh Umbral Era. In the midst of the chaos, however, Bahamut was enveloped in a blinding white light and abruptly disappeared from the skies. None claim to have seen the primal in the five years since."

As for Alduin vs Deathwing....im sure a dragon god would be able to damage a dragon god, in which case I'm pretty sure Deathwing would just sky-tackle Alduin into a broken mess in the Island sized crater it'd leave behind....I beat the living shi+ out of Alduin on max difficulty with a hammer made from his family that I also beat the shi+ out of, but meanwhile you need 25 Dov level characters to even think of taking on Deathwing. And also god-stuff.

I already said I don't know about Bahamut lol, which one would you say is the best for a good fight? We have a lot of alduin experts here, but no one on the others.. (The best pic I could find of FFXV bahamut, I hope, is when he was breaking free of the seal.. so I put this one instead)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@princearagorn1 said:

@fallschirmjager: Those look awesome :)

How strong are they, though? I already feel odd putting three characters, two of which I don't know, in a thread. Now let's add fourth ;)

They're not that easy to use in battles, if I remember the lore correctly, but they're epic game fights.

Each of them is a god and originates from a plane of existence corresponding to their element. (Fire, Water, etc). The dragons are just the physical forms of them and even if you kill the dragon, their essence still lives on.

I'm not sure they have any non-game feats to use anyway. I just wanted to link them since I played Rift and fought and killed all but 2 of them (who weren't release while I was playing :P)

They have pretty cool personalities too.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By loplopool
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: btw is this pre demon soul deathwing or post demon soul?

Post demon soul.

I don't know what that is, lol. Only know alduin..

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DAYUMMMM!!!! I seriously cannot decide... just gna get some popcorn and watch. lol

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By loplopool

@princearagorn1: demon soul was created by deathwing,its power was used to repel the demon invasion at first however it was starting to corrupt him, it holds enough power to defeat a titan, a titan is above the gods and created the whole universe in warcraft,when deathwing went power mad he was being coarsed by the old gods who wanted to use the demon soul to take down the titans who imprisoned them and to relase them and tried to use deathwing as a puppet, however all the 4 other dragon aspects and every being on azeroth had to fight deathwing the only way they beat him was using the demon soul which they called the dragon soul after the good guys captured it to take deathwing down, deathwing is one of the 5 dragon aspects and most powerful one, if you didnt know the dragon aspects are the beings the titans gave their power to watch over azeroth, with deathwing being the leader and had the creator of the universes powers, but not to the same extent however the dragon soul and everyone else beat deathwing however it was unable to kill him as he was that powerful so he hid for thousands of years to repear at the cataclysm but significantly weaker but still him waking up tore the whole world apart so pre demon soul he was Alot more powerful after he was still one of the most powerful beings in the universe but was weaker however it still took all of azeroth putting thier differences aside and cslling upon the dragon aspect and dragon soul to defeat him again

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By loplopool

The common misconception is that deathwing is a god he is not hes an aspect, a being of the titans, alot more powerful than every god in the warcraft universe maybe the old gods stand a chance but can never know without tem fighting but at the same time has more feats and the old gods were beaten by the titans, but every other gods say like elune would be stomped by him woth ease

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loplopool: So.. Would Demon soul Op him, or what?

Either way, it doesn't look like Alduin belongs here. The other two are way more powerful than I thought, specially bahamut. Any good replacement for alduin?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogueshadow  Moderator

Alduin's the only one I know. Therefore - ALDUIN!

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@princearagorn1: I say Deathwing because he is the biggest dragon here and he beaten all the Dragon Aspects in WoW alone, he is also called to be ''The destroyer of the worlds'' which means he is an planet buster.

Alduin is not big enough to face Deathwing, sure his shouts are powerful but not enough to put down Deathwing.

Don't know anything about Bahamut but he looks like an storm dragon imo and Deathwing is almost immune to the elements.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch in death wings favour I think he's not a dragon but an entity really he's got the power of the people who created the universe

Drakros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Drakros

Dude, Bahamutt its not just a dragon, not just an aspect of a god, he's THE God of Dragons and Order, hes married to Tiamat, the Mother of Dragons and Goddes of Chaos, they are the two rulling forces of the universe, ying yang, light and dark, good and evil, all that crap, he can't be beaten, he can't even be fought, he just wipe the floor with anything on his way.

(mithology)

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak Alduin stomps. He'd devour them all like he does to all kalpa.

But this is probably the Alduin shown during Skyrim so Bahamut. Granted Alduin is still very powerful as shouts have been known to split continents in half((this was done by mere men))

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By tparks

This is no contest. Deathwing completely obliterates.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shadowmaster91

Actually, Deathwing is not that powerful. Yes, it is needed a big group of people to defeat him with the dragon soul, but his destructive power is not the one of a planet buster. We could only consider him that if he could have destroyed Azeroth anywhere, but he needed to do it specifically in the Maelstrom, meaning that he needed an unstable place to destroy the whole planet.by himself.

By lore, I would give it to Bahamut.

By size, it is a tie between Deathwing and Bahamut.

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91:

Deathwing is very powerful and so is Bahamut but if where going by lore and each characters at there peak i'd say Alduin stomps considering he eats nirn so the kalptic cycle or whatever can reset and begin anew.

Granted if its the versions show in games Bahamut stomps, Bahamut blew a whole planet up

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thelocust619

@princearagorn1: lol one year later....9, btw. FF9 Bahamut would be a good match. Sorry. But yea, town+ attacks, wipes out armies, beat by a giant city sized angel castle.

Casually blows up a large plain: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OH3Is0k_eqg

Killed by an attack (Ultima? Holy?) possibly capable of glassing an entire planet's surface, depending: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tsYpasHUVc8

In this case Deathwing would win overall, but its fair enough there'd be an actual fight at least

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is final fantasy XIV lore and eorzea is at least a continent.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Actually, Deathwing is not that powerful. He needs special settings to produce the Cataclysm

Light123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light123 said:

@Leonhardt: , you wanna represent Bahamut ?

I think I'll pass on matches where I don't know the characters, hehe.