Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"Didn't we do this before? I like the match-up, I'm just worried its been done."

i did a search for it through the recap thread and didn't find it...

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Didn't we do this before? I like the match-up, I'm just worried its been done.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By warlock360

Gambit, hell just blow nightwing up

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm going with Gambit.I'm not sure who is better hand to hand but I don't think either is that much better than the other.Gambit's powers would be the perfect defense.Nightwing won't have any choice but to dodge.I think Gambit can tire him out if not hit him and then capitalize.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Didn't we do this before? I like the match-up, I'm just worried its been done."

It was done in Wizard Magazine.I'm not sure about here though.I remeber Nightwing vs. Cyclops though.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nightwing has a large array of gadgets. They would come into play most definitively. As far as agility, I'd say its close, close enough not to make a difference. But Hand to Hand I'd say Nightwing has an advantage (taught by Bats and Shiva)

Not saying Nightwing wins (yet) just kinda thinking out loud.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Static Shock says:

"This is a hard one."

Agreed.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methos says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1499/97018-gambit_400.jpg ***Vs*** ======== As usual, if you don't know the characters, look them up... **Gambit** http://www.comicvine.com/gambit/1499/ **Nightwing** http://www.comicvine.com/nightwing/1691/ please use logic and reasoning in your posts :D M"

i vote for gambit, anyways methos how do post pics like you did with gambit and nightwing, cuz i want to do it too

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Gambit, tons of fighting experience, there's nothing Nightwing brings that Gambit, hasn't seen before. Gambit can hold himself in agility and combat skills alone, not to mention his powers that give him a definite edge.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Static Shock

This is a hard one.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Gambit, tons of fighting experience, there's nothing Nightwing brings that Gambit, hasn't seen before. Gambit can hold himself in agility and combat skills alone, not to mention his powers that give him a definite edge."

The same can be said for Nightwing.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Static Shock says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
"Gambit, tons of fighting experience, there's nothing Nightwing brings that Gambit, hasn't seen before. Gambit can hold himself in agility and combat skills alone, not to mention his powers that give him a definite edge."

The same can be said for Nightwing."

Without, the powers of course.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Damn, I really don't know. I think a strong case could be made for both. What the hell I'll pick Gambit.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Final Arrow

Wow this is a tough one, I will give you that, Aglity it goes to Gambler, Hand to Hand it goes to Nightwing, Tatics almost even if you ask me, This would come down to luck in my eyes!

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clantern

I agree with Final Arrow.

I keep thinking up of ways for nightwing to get the advantage, but then that results in gambit doing something and getting the advantage again.

I keep going around in a circle so i say it's a tie.
Post Edited:2008-02-17 17:20:32

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Final Arrow says:

"Wow this is a tough one, I will give you that, Aglity it goes to Gambler, Hand to Hand it goes to Nightwing, Tatics almost even if you ask me, This would come down to luck in my eyes!"

HAHAHAHA I was waiting for someone to do that. Its Gambit not Gambler ;)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Methos

lol, everyone's typing Gambler instead of Gambit :D

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"lol, everyone's typing **Gambler** instead of **Gambit** :D M"

same guy...if you ask me.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm waiting for someone to make a case for Dick....

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Clantern

Gambler says:

"Clantern says:
"I agree with Final Arrow.I keep thinking up of ways for nightwing to get the advantage, but then that results in gambler doing something and getting the advantage again.I keep going around in a circle so i say it's a tie."

LMFAO! Gambit, not Gambler ;)"

I edited my post now, thanks for pointing it out to me, after all i think it's your fault :p

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Clantern says:

"I agree with Final Arrow.I keep thinking up of ways for nightwing to get the advantage, but then that results in gambler doing something and getting the advantage again.I keep going around in a circle so i say it's a tie."

LMFAO! Gambit, not Gambler ;)

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Copy

Gambler......Opps wait I mean Gambit.........Wait which one?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn

Gambit would bust Nightwing up. I like Dick he has a lot of gadgets and his Hand to Hand combat is great. But there is now way he can handle Gambler. LOL

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By Nighthunter

I've always wanted to see this battle, too bad that DC and Marvel didn't do it in a crossover but anyway.

Gambit has the powers, his kinetic powers are a good advantage in this one, however Nightwing's gadgets could work the same way against him. So neither of those can decide this.

The agility is another factor, normally either of them could use their superior agility to avoid the powers or gadgets of their opponent. However The agility of the two of them is great. As the world's greatest acrobat Nightwing is more agile, but after seeing some scans, the agility isn't very superior to the one of Gambit

Gambit is a good fighter, however I think that Nightwing is a better fighter considering that he was trained by batman and then his hand to hand combat was improved after he got extra training from lady shiva and some years later also from Richard Dragon.

I don't know how well Gambit is as a tactician, but Nightwing is a tactical genious ever since he was robin. So I suppose this is also an advantage to Nightwing,

Is a good fight, but I think I'll give it to Nightwing
Post Edited:2008-02-18 00:45:22

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nighthunter says:

"I've always wanted to see this battle, too bad that DC and Marvel didn't do it in a crossover but anyway. Gambit has the powers, his kinetic powers are a good advantage in this one, however Nightwing's gadgets could work the same way against him. So neither of those can decide this. The agility is another factor, normally either of them could use their superior agility to avoid the powers or gadgets of their opponent. However The agility of the two of them is great. As the world's greatest acrobat Nightwing is more agile, but after seeing some scans, the agility isn't very superior to the one of Gambit Gambit is a good fighter, however I think that Nightwing is a better fighter considering that he was trained by batman and then his hand to hand combat was improved after he got extra training from lady shiva and some years later also from Richard Dragon. I don't know how well Gambit is as a tactician, but Nightwing is a tactical genious ever since he was robin. So I suppose this is also an advantage to Nightwing, Is a good fight, but I think I'll give it to Nightwing
Post Edited:2008-02-18 00:45:22"

Gambit wins.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Gotta go with Dick.

Sasuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sasuke

Emerald_General_Jai says:

"Gotta go with Dick."

Co-sign

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Clantern

Who is better with Agility, i meen Gambit owns with agility but nightwing can do 4 flips in the air, i'm too confused :C

I'm gonna go for Nightwing, not because i'm a fanboy or because i prefer him better, but if he throws a smokebomb or smokescreen at gabits feet, and creeps away maybe then if he comes behind him, he could beet him in hand to hand.

But then again this could be done the other way around if Gambit cought Dick off guard.

It's just too damned difficult.

Ok. I'm going for the good old fashion coin toss, but i can't find a coin, so i'll tell you what my results were in a minuite.

EDIT

I tossed a coing ten times, Nightwing won a nice 70:30, so my vote goes to Nightwing.
Post Edited:2008-02-18 11:19:20

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Clantern says:

"Who is better with Agility, i meen Gambit owns with agility but nightwing can do 4 flips in the air, i'm too confused :C I'm gonna go for Nightwing, not because i'm a fanboy or because i prefer him better, but if he throws a smokebomb or smokescreen at gabits feet, and creeps away maybe then if he comes behind him, he could beet him in hand to hand. But then again this could be done the other way around if Gambit cought Dick off guard. It's just too damned difficult. Ok. I'm going for the good old fashion coin toss, but i can't find a coin, so i'll tell you what my results were in a minuite. EDIT
I tossed a coing ten times, Nightwing won a nice 70:30, so my vote goes to Nightwing.
Post Edited:2008-02-18 11:19:20"

Gambit's Agility > Nightwing's Agility

Smokebomb < Exploding Cards

Gambit wins.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By Erik

Bumping because of dupe thread creation. 

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actually the two fought on the DC vs Marvel Crossover.. All i saw is Nightwing trying to evade Gambit's attacks and was soon helped by Batman saying that he won't allow another Robin to disappear (since Robin was teleported to Marvel Earth on Jubilee's room).. when Batman appeared and talked to Nightwing, they didn't noticed Gambit escaped and took the Bat Mobile with him (along side Wolverine).. there was no real conclusion to their fight though, but considering that Gambit managed to escaped both him and Batman, i think he has the chops to defeat Nightwing.. or the battle would be Batman and Nightwing vs Wolverine and Gambit.. now that's a fight worth seeing.. =P
Avatar image for ultimate_magneto
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ultimate Magneto

Current Gambit can charge organic material and even turn air into a poisonous gas. =X Current Gambit would win pretty bad I think, but the old school Gambit vs. Nightwing would be a great fight.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Power NeXus
@lord_oraculous016 said:
"actually the two fought on the DC vs Marvel Crossover.. All i saw is Nightwing trying to evade Gambit's attacks and was soon helped by Batman saying that he won't allow another Robin to disappear (since Robin was teleported to Marvel Earth on Jubilee's room).. when Batman appeared and talked to Nightwing, they didn't noticed Gambit escaped and took the Bat Mobile with him (along side Wolverine).. there was no real conclusion to their fight though, but considering that Gambit managed to escaped both him and Batman, i think he has the chops to defeat Nightwing.. or the battle would be Batman and Nightwing vs Wolverine and Gambit.. now that's a fight worth seeing.. =P "

Gambit and Wolverine hijacked the Batmobile!? 
That has to be one of the most completely awesome things ever to happen in comics (however noncanon). 

@Ultimate Magneto said:
"Current Gambit can charge organic material and even turn air into a poisonous gas."

The 'poisonous gas' thing was limited to when he was acting as a Horseman of Apocalypse. I do not believe he can still do that.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Power NeXus
@Power NeXus said:

@Ultimate Magneto said:
"Current Gambit can charge organic material and even turn air into a poisonous gas."
The 'poisonous gas' thing was limited to when he was acting as a Horseman of Apocalypse. I do not believe he can still do that. "

My apologies. I just checked Gambit's bio, and discovered he now seems to have the power to change back and forth between his normal form and Horseman form, like Archangel can.
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Power NeXus: Oooh. You know I've never really read much about Gambit or Angel, but it's cool to know he can go back and forth so he can access his Archangel abilities and then revert back so he looks normal. =) 

P.S. I've never actually read an X-Men comic save for maybe about 18, and about 14 of those were the original books from the 60's. *chuckles* It's funny, but I've barely read ANY Marvel comics and yet I've collected such a vast knowledge of some great characters and really do indeed love a great amount of them... Barely ever picked a comic up though.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Power NeXus
@Ultimate Magneto said:
" @Power NeXus: Oooh. You know I've never really read much about Gambit or Angel, but it's cool to know he can go back and forth so he can access his Archangel abilities and then revert back so he looks normal. =)  P.S. I've never actually read an X-Men comic save for maybe about 18, and about 14 of those were the original books from the 60's. *chuckles* It's funny, but I've barely read ANY Marvel comics and yet I've collected such a vast knowledge of some great characters and really do indeed love a great amount of them... Barely ever picked a comic up though. "

Same here. There are no comic book shops anywhere near where I live. I sometimes go to a nearby Barnes and Noble to read through some of the latest collections and graphic novels, but that's about it. The large majority of my knowledge of Marvel comics comes from the internet.
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Power NeXus: To be honest I don't think my brain could process all of that near limitless information. Decades of writing, retcons, story arcs, character deaths and revivals... Ugh, my brain would feel like mush before I was a third of the way through it all... ESPECIALLY since I highly enjoy Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Hulk, some FF, Dr. Doom, etc, etc. I've actually just come to read about a multitude of characters and then kind of create my own little happy universe with them. XP
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Power NeXus
@Ultimate Magneto said:
" @Power NeXus: To be honest I don't think my brain could process all of that near limitless information. Decades of writing, retcons, story arcs, character deaths and revivals... Ugh, my brain would feel like mush before I was a third of the way through it all... ESPECIALLY since I highly enjoy Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Hulk, some FF, Dr. Doom, etc, etc. I've actually just come to read about a multitude of characters and then kind of create my own little happy universe with them. XP "

I know what you mean. I've only been into comic books for five or six years, but it's already taken up enough brain space that I can barely fit in schoolwork anymore!
And, like you, I have greatly enjoyed having my own universe in my head. It feels so good to have a universe where Thunderbird and Cypher didn't die, Cyclops isn't dating that b**** Emma Frost, there's no such thing as the Power Pack, and Spider-Man's Brand New Day never happened. =]
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Power NeXus said:
" @Ultimate Magneto said:
" @Power NeXus: To be honest I don't think my brain could process all of that near limitless information. Decades of writing, retcons, story arcs, character deaths and revivals... Ugh, my brain would feel like mush before I was a third of the way through it all... ESPECIALLY since I highly enjoy Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Hulk, some FF, Dr. Doom, etc, etc. I've actually just come to read about a multitude of characters and then kind of create my own little happy universe with them. XP "
I know what you mean. I've only been into comic books for five or six years, but it's already taken up enough brain space that I can barely fit in schoolwork anymore!And, like you, I have greatly enjoyed having my own universe in my head. It feels so good to have a universe where Thunderbird and Cypher didn't die, Cyclops isn't dating that b**** Emma Frost, there's no such thing as the Power Pack, and Spider-Man's Brand New Day never happened. =] "

No Caption Provided
It's also easier keeping power levels at certain strengths and allows for FAR less PIS... *sigh* Too many writers over the course of years can really screw with the continuity.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Power NeXus
@Ultimate Magneto said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Ultimate Magneto said:
I know what you mean. I've only been into comic books for five or six years, but it's already taken up enough brain space that I can barely fit in schoolwork anymore!And, like you, I have greatly enjoyed having my own universe in my head. It feels so good to have a universe where Thunderbird and Cypher didn't die, Cyclops isn't dating that b**** Emma Frost, there's no such thing as the Power Pack, and Spider-Man's Brand New Day never happened. =] "

It's also easier keeping power levels at certain strengths and allows for FAR less PIS... *sigh* Too many writers over the course of years can really screw with the continuity. "

Very true. Very true.
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BIackFlash
@lord_oraculous016 said:
"  when Batman appeared and talked to Nightwing, they didn't noticed Gambit escaped and took the Bat Mobile with him (along side Wolverine).. "
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing, easily.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By Erik

Gambit easily.

Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tesseract
@erik said:
" Gambit easily. "
What he said.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FinalStar86

Depending on where the fight takes place, if their is a lot of cover and hiding spots Dick could close the distance, if he could get in close I might give it to NW, Otherwise I give it to Gambit if their is little cover and they start far away from each other.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Gambit, for a nice 8/10. His powers > Nightwing's intellect/skill.

GreenBow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit can catch a bullet with his hand and dodge many (he can move faster than a bullet) Nightwing is way out of Gambits league so gambit takes this one easily also he has an ability to make people believe what he says even if they know its a lie but it doesnt work if the person know about this ability still Gambit is waay to fast for Nightwing and he can throw his cards into bullets directly thats how fast he is so he can shoot at Nightwing easily, also he can break down houses with his staff if he charges it so Gambit is waay stronger and faster than some love intrest of an old dude (Bruce Wayne)

Sic21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sic21

I don't see how's a matchup nightwing is human yes ok taught by bats. In the end gambit can blow anything up mutant powers give him durability, stamina a lot more than even bats (human) and reflexes like catch bullets , arrows from Hawkeye. This is just funny he has beatin deadpool , wolverine , Hawkeye, just to name a few all who I think will easily handle nightwing. Held his own with daredevil for f*** sakes and blade. And there's that thing called death the fourhorsemen gambit which was pretty much untouchable for anyone so there's just no way in Hell lol. Plus he just doesn't charge stuff look up powers nightwing its a wrap, Hell gambit as death can beat bats and nightwing by just looking at them lol.