gambit vs black panther

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Eternus

lol. so i wanna hear Gambit0's idea of who would win.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Would you just STOP. All this Gambit0 baiting is getting on my nerves.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I'm guessing Panther. His Vibranium suit

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternus

Buckshot says:

"Would you just STOP. All this Gambit0 baiting is getting on my nerves."

lol ok ill stop. but if he posts in it now its his own fault

Seoul Trane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seoul Trane

Gambit could win. He has the agility range and chicanery and he can charge inanmate (vibranium) objects.A possibility? Yes.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Final Arrow

I would say gambit, even up close, It would be down to the nail, but I think Gambit gets it in the end.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If he's close enough to charge any vibranium on Black Panther, he's close enough to get ripped apart by his claws. And of the two, the ripping will happen much faster than the charging. Both have dangerous range weapons, but Black Panther's suit protects him from much of the force of the explosions while Gambit has no defense against his energy daggers. Not saying he can't dodge, but Panther can dodge too, and he's also more likely to use his daggers and the environment to force Gambit into a position where he can no longer avoid them. I wouldn't give either a major advantage over the other in agility since they're both peak human in that area. Black Panther however, is peak human in every other area as well, not to mention that he's a skilled martial artist with training from all over the world and he's a much smarter, always thinking many steps ahead. His senses also allow him to react to attacks faster than Gambit can, giving him another edge. It's not a one sided battle or anything, but more often than not, Black Panther wins. I wasn't against the fight because I thought it was obvious, just because regardless of who wins, the battle was just made to call out Gambit0 and pick on him.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

The guy likes Gambit and supports him in most fights, we all have our favourites. There is no need to pick on him for it. At least he stands by his choice. While BP is the clear favourite in this fight, it's not unreasonable for anyone to side with Gambit.

hell-spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hell-spawn

Buckshot says:

"If he's close enough to charge any vibranium on Black Panther, he's close enough to get ripped apart by his claws. And of the two, the ripping will happen much faster than the charging. Both have dangerous range weapons, but Black Panther's suit protects him from much of the force of the explosions while Gambit has no defense against his energy daggers. Not saying he can't dodge, but Panther can dodge too, and he's also more likely to use his daggers and the environment to force Gambit into a position where he can no longer avoid them. I wouldn't give either a major advantage over the other in agility since they're both peak human in that area. Black Panther however, is peak human in every other area as well, not to mention that he's a skilled martial artist with training from all over the world and he's a much smarter, always thinking many steps ahead. His senses also allow him to react to attacks faster than Gambit can, giving him another edge. It's not a one sided battle or anything, but more often than not, Black Panther wins. I wasn't against the fight because I thought it was obvious, just because regardless of who wins, the battle was just made to call out Gambit0 and pick on him."

I agree with everything u sed.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

Buckshot says:

"Would you just STOP. All this Gambit0 baiting is getting on my nerves."

Is Gambit0 back?

I don't see how Gambit could physically harm Panther at all.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"The guy likes Gambit and supports him in most fights, we all have our favourites. There is no need to pick on him for it. At least he stands by his choice. While BP is the clear favourite in this fight, it's not unreasonable for *anyone* to side with Gambit."

Its more then that but I actually agree, making these Gambit vs all powerful character threads just to get him to react is BS. Besides, Gambit is no push over.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GambitO

IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE FAME

JAJAJAJA

good this serious one a victory for GAMBIT

1. It can attack BLACK PANTER at distance

2.Un attack with cards would put an end to BLACK PANTER

3.Es an artist of the space

GAMBIT wins

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By The WeatherMan

Panther wins about 70/30. Fanboyism doesn't count.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Its not fanboyism, Gambit has gone toe to toe with the likes of Logan and Sabretooth not to mention Gladiator, sure Gladiator kicked his ass in the end but he lived. He's fought Logan to a stalemate on several occasion, I'm not saying he'd win but it aint a landslide victory for BP either.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GambitO

THAT ANSWER IS A DREAM

BLACK PANTER would never win GAMBIT

I don't say it

only because it is GAMBIT my favorite character

I say it because GAMBIT has a lot but to be able to

adult numbers of abilities

had fought against very powerful mutants and

to conquered

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Satyrquaze

Gambler says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
"The guy likes Gambit and supports him in most fights, we all have our favourites. There is no need to pick on him for it. At least he stands by his choice. While BP is the clear favourite in this fight, it's not unreasonable for *anyone* to side with Gambit."
Its more then that but I actually agree, making these Gambit vs all powerful character threads just to get him to react is BS. Besides, Gambit is no push over. "

http://www.comicvine.com/vibranium/40919/

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GambitO

BLACK PANTER would not last neither one second

fighting against my cards

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Satyrquaze says:

"Gambler says:
"Cosmic Sentinel says:
Its more then that but I actually agree, making these Gambit vs all powerful character threads just to get him to react is BS. Besides, Gambit is no push over. "
http://www.comicvine.com/vibranium/40919/ "

This is true, but it has limits.

There are limits to the capacity of the energy that can be stored, however, and although the exact limitations are unknown as of now there have been a few examples. One such instance was when the oil conglomerate Roxxon discovered that a small island in the South Atlantic had a foundation composed of Vibranium. Due to this, Roxxon found it necessary to destroy the island and blew it up with bombs. Unable to absorb the force of the explosions, the Vibranium was destroyed, but it did succeed in entirely absorbing the sound made by the explosion preventing damage to the surrounding area.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Satyrquaze

It may have it's limits but those are still normal cards striking BP's armor with no kinetic force behind them, and by the time he is able to charge something up high enough to actually overwhelm BP's armor, Black Panther will have sliced and diced him.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Satyrquaze says:

"It may have it's limits but those are still normal cards striking BP's armor with no kinetic force behind them, and by the time he is able to charge something up high enough to actually overwhelm BP's armor, Black Panther will have sliced and diced him. "

? It doesn't take Gambit long to charge objects, and 52 kinetically charged cards are more powerful then your everyday human explosives. Like I said, Vibranium has a limit as to how much kinetic energy it can absorb.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By acewasp23

yeah and his suit vibranium are small fibers, so even know there are a lot of them there limits aren't as great as say a disk of vibranium or a plate of vibranium. and who ses he is just throwing cards he can charge anything. i say it could go ither way.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GambitO

IT IS THIS WAY

neither BISHOP could resist the quantity of

kinetic energy that GAMBIT

it can use since it is

practically limitless

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

What says that Gambit's cards would exceed the limits of Panther's suit? He's walked through explosions that brought his entire mansion down around him and come out unharmed. He's taken direct blasts and punches from Iron Man and been ok. Why would Gambit's cards be too strong? And that's if they even hit. The cards are being thrown by Gambit who, while fast, is not superhumanly so. Black Panther can dodge them, and even if the explosion is still close enough for him to feel it, it will be even weaker than a direct hit, which I doubt has the force to overcome the vibranium anyway. And if Gambit can hit Black Panther with a card, why can't Black Panther hit him with an energy dagger? An energy dagger which can stun him at least, or kill him at most.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GambitO

IF GAMBIT plays the suit of BLACK PANTER

it loaded that suit with kinetic energy

and it will destroy this way it

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By acewasp23

GambitO says:

"IF GAMBIT plays the suit of BLACK PANTER it loaded that suit with kinetic energy and it will destroy this way it "

gambit would have to get close and that would spell death. his only advantage would be striking from a distance.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

About the suit, I tried to show that point, if an island that's covered with Vibranium plates can be destroyed by everyday explosives, then why wouldn't a cluster of kinetically charged objects (doesn't have to be cards) do damage to a suit with only Vibranium fibers?

I never said Black Panther wouldn't be able to hit Gambit, in fact I never said Gambit would win at all, only that some people aren't being open minded, they see Gambit or Gambit0 and base there conclusions off from that. I think good cases have been made for both characters, the only reason I'm taking up for Gambit is cause he's the one who needs it.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GambitO

remember that an advantage

in favor of GAMBIT it is the cunning

in the battle

I am sure that GAMBIT

it would be able to come closer so much

as to play the suit

and to make fly to BLACK PANTER in

a thousand pieces

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"About the suit, I tried to show that point, if an island that's covered with Vibranium plates can be destroyed by everyday explosives, then why wouldn't a cluster of kinetically charged objects (doesn't have to be cards) do damage to a suit with only Vibranium fibers?"

An island with a vibranium foundation (under the ground, not covering the island) was bombed using enough "everyday explosives" to destroy an island. It wasn't like some c4 was dropped and that was it, there was enough explosives to destroy the entire island. I was saying that I don't think Gambit can generate a destructive enough explosive with his cards (I used cards because that's what he normally has) to do much but slow him down. I brought up an instance where Black Panther, thanks to his suit survived his entire mansion being blown up around him. The explosives needed to take down that building and the destruction caused by the explosion are greater than what Gambit could deliver with his cards. A direct hit with a card might mess BP up or buy Gambit some time to cover him with cards, but I doubt he's getting a direct hit and I don't think anything short of that is going to do much to BP. Gambit would be excellent at keeping BP away, but if he slips up and gets hit by an energy dagger, or lets BP get too close it's over.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GambitO

interkinetic power allows him to produce bio-kinetic energy within his body and use it to convert any inorganic object's potential energy into kinetic energy on contact, making the object highly volatile and explosive on contact, internal energy also grants him heightened agility and creates static interference that shields his mind from detection

hypnotic charm allows him to exert subtle influence over sentient minds, compelling them to believe what he says and agree with his suggestions

full power template enables him to charge any organic or inorganic object within his line of sight, manipulate the potency of the bio-kinetic energy to cause various effects such as burning, molecular discomfort, or incineration, and utilize the advanced levels of bio-energy active when he uses his powers to augment his strength, agility, endurance, and reflexes, for short periods

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GambitO

The New Sun is an alternate Gambit, who was raised with his full power and intended to become the fulfillment of an ancient Guild prophecy to create Heaven on Earth. However instead, when he charged up his power in a special ritual, a chain reaction was started that caused everyone on Earth beside himself to burn up. Failing to remake time, the New Sun traveled to other universes, hoping to prevent the same thing from happening there. However, he found many worlds in ruins, often because of that world’s version of Gambit. Coming to the main Marvel Universe, he first attempted to create a new world where everyone would eventually be transported to, using the main reality’s Gambit to help (without revealing to him who he truly was). When he learned that his plan wasn’t possible, he tried to kill Gambit, transporting both of them to his destroyed homeworld before he became a threat to the main universe’s Earth world as well. During their final conflict, Gambit finally blasted the New Sun, burning out his recently increased powers, just as the New Sun died.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

GambitO says:

"blah blah blah"

I'm not listening to you.

Gambit could lay waste to the area and probably knock buildings onto BP or explode cars at him and other stuff that utilizes his environment as a weapon. He may even be able to trick BP into getting close and just unloading on him from a distance where he can't dodge, but that's liable to back fire if he messes up. Like I said, I really don't see Gambit hurting him with his own explosives, but he could get creative and attack indirectly or, if he got some breathing room, could find bigger or more dangerous things to blow up near BP.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"About the suit, I tried to show that point, if an island that's covered with Vibranium plates can be destroyed by everyday explosives, then why wouldn't a cluster of kinetically charged objects (doesn't have to be cards) do damage to a suit with only Vibranium fibers? "
An island with a vibranium foundation (under the ground, not covering the island) was bombed using enough "everyday explosives" to destroy an island. It wasn't like some c4 was dropped and that was it, there was enough explosives to destroy the entire island. I was saying that I don't think Gambit can generate a destructive enough explosive with his cards (I used cards because that's what he normally has) to do much but slow him down. I brought up an instance where Black Panther, thanks to his suit survived his *entire* mansion being blown up around him. The explosives needed to take down that building and the destruction caused by the explosion are greater than what Gambit could deliver with his cards. A direct hit with a card might mess BP up or buy Gambit some time to cover him with cards, but I doubt he's getting a direct hit and I don't think anything short of that is going to do much to BP. Gambit would be excellent at keeping BP away, but if he slips up and gets hit by an energy dagger, or lets BP get too close it's over."

As always Buck you make great points, I concede.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GambitO

REMEMBER

that when GAMBIT this in their maximum level of power

it is layers of making explode

alive matter

even

to destroy objects with so alone to think it

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Like I said before, I don't think it's one-sided, in my last post I even wrote some ways Gambit could get the upper hand, but overall, I see Black Panther winning.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell

GambitO says:

"REMEMBER that when GAMBIT this in their maximum level of power it is layers of making explode alive matter even to destroy objects with so alone to think it "

Come on man, he hasnt done that since 1993.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GambitO

really

the victory in favor of BLACK PANTER is

alone an illusion GAMBIT has many advantages to its favor

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"About the suit, I tried to show that point, if an island that's covered with Vibranium plates can be destroyed by everyday explosives, then why wouldn't a cluster of kinetically charged objects (doesn't have to be cards) do damage to a suit with only Vibranium fibers? "
An island with a vibranium foundation (under the ground, not covering the island) was bombed using enough "everyday explosives" to destroy an island. It wasn't like some c4 was dropped and that was it, there was enough explosives to destroy the entire island. I was saying that I don't think Gambit can generate a destructive enough explosive with his cards (I used cards because that's what he normally has) to do much but slow him down. I brought up an instance where Black Panther, thanks to his suit survived his *entire* mansion being blown up around him. The explosives needed to take down that building and the destruction caused by the explosion are greater than what Gambit could deliver with his cards. A direct hit with a card might mess BP up or buy Gambit some time to cover him with cards, but I doubt he's getting a direct hit and I don't think anything short of that is going to do much to BP. Gambit would be excellent at keeping BP away, but if he slips up and gets hit by an energy dagger, or lets BP get too close it's over."

Once again an excellent post. I have no choice other than to agree with you on this issue.

pharoh fey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pharoh fey

black panther would win as he has easily more advanced technology, hes beaten the fantastic four and captain america and klaw and many others, gambit would have to do an awful lot to get even close to killing him, apart from the fact that the black panther has had special training from birth is a crackshot with weapons and has a technological advantage of laser fencing, disease free society and rare materials and has the panther god to ask for aid,hmmm black panther sure would be hard to beat even ranged attacks could only hit at chance as hes not exactly going to stand still long enough to get hit, plus where he lives he would see you before you got close enough to do any damage!

Avatar image for vengance_gambit
Vengance Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vengance Gambit

In his youth, Gambit once had the ability to control all forms of kinetic energy, allowing him to charge anything within line of sight, but his inability to control it caused him to turn to Sinister, who excised the portion of his brain stem responsible for his full mutant powers. Later, he returned to Sinister while he was in Victorian England, and had his grey matter surgically reimplanted, restoring his abilities to 100%, until he burned them out after fighting the New Sun. It is unknown whether Sage's jumpstart of his mutation after the ReLoad revived all of Gambit's powers.

stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By stormlover1994

People search Black Panther in the Comic Vine search and if you read carefully you will read that BP's costume is made of a special material that absorbs KINETIC energy so Gambit could not play his suit. So BP wins, because the only thing left for Gambit it will be H2H and BP is way better at that.

Dont get me wrong I am a Gambit fan, but I dont think he has posiblities to win.

xbuilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xbuilder

Gambit?
come on this is an easy Black Panther win.

The Black Panther is almost the Good Doctor Doom.
He uses tech, magic ityems has a suit of power armor (NBut never uses it)
and is pretty much Captian America.
He's also almost as Smart as Reed Richards.

The fight goes fast
Gambit won't go full force at first. He never does.
He'll throw multiple cards and Panther will close range.
Gambit will Then as he tends to do with Hand to Hand Fighters
go with the Staff. Gambit is a show off, he wants to beat Panther at his game.
The Staff comes out, Gambit wakes up 2 weeks later from a coma.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@xbuilder said:
"Gambit?come on this is an easy Black Panther win.The Black Panther is almost the Good Doctor Doom.He uses tech, magic ityems has a suit of power armor (NBut never uses it)and is pretty much Captian America.He's also almost as Smart as Reed Richards.The fight goes fastGambit won't go full force at first. He never does.He'll throw multiple cards and Panther will close range. Gambit will Then as he tends to do with Hand to Hand Fighters go with the Staff. Gambit is a show off, he wants to beat Panther at his game.The Staff comes out, Gambit wakes up 2 weeks later from a coma."

LOL....well dang! a coma? geez....but I agree. Black Panther for the win.
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By loganreme

This thread is totally pointless, obvious wins really p**s me off!  you must really hate Gambit

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mv
@hell-spawn said:
"

Buckshot says:

"If he's close enough to charge any vibranium on Black Panther, he's close enough to get ripped apart by his claws. And of the two, the ripping will happen much faster than the charging. Both have dangerous range weapons, but Black Panther's suit protects him from much of the force of the explosions while Gambit has no defense against his energy daggers. Not saying he can't dodge, but Panther can dodge too, and he's also more likely to use his daggers and the environment to force Gambit into a position where he can no longer avoid them. I wouldn't give either a major advantage over the other in agility since they're both peak human in that area. Black Panther however, is peak human in every other area as well, not to mention that he's a skilled martial artist with training from all over the world and he's a much smarter, always thinking many steps ahead. His senses also allow him to react to attacks faster than Gambit can, giving him another edge. It's not a one sided battle or anything, but more often than not, Black Panther wins. I wasn't against the fight because I thought it was obvious, just because regardless of who wins, the battle was just made to call out Gambit0 and pick on him."

I agree with everything u sed.

"

Yep yep
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Black Panther.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to have to go with Gambit on this one.