"Beast Boy "
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Since no one has given any reasons I'll guess I'll pick Gambit.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@Gambler said:
" Since no one has given any reasons I'll guess I'll pick Gambit. "
Beast Boy, he can morph into something so small, unforeseeable by the human eye, enter his internal system, then morph into a Blue Whale. That good enough?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @Gambler said:
Beast Boy, he can morph into something so small, unforeseeable by the human eye, enter his internal system, then morph into a Blue Whale. That good enough? "
Gambit, he could destroy the entire area Beast Boy was standing in before Beast Boy moves. No, not good enough ;P
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Gambler said:
I was just waiting for some one to defend Gambit. Reasons I see Beast Boy winning are he can say turn into a kestrel fly over Gambit and then turn into a large animal falling on Gambit and KOing him or an octopus and grapple him or he can turn into something small and fast something that would be hard to see by the naked eye like say a humming bird get up close and bam turn into a rhino or T-Rex
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Wouldn't he have to make contact with something? Or can he do it thorough his clothes? And wouldn't it hurt him?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Gambler said:
I was just waiting for some one to defend Gambit. Reasons I see Beast Boy winning are he can say turn into a kestrel fly over Gambit and then turn into a large animal falling on Gambit and KOing him or an octopus and grapple him or he can turn into something small and fast something that would be hard to see by the naked eye like say a humming bird get up close and bam turn into a rhino or T-Rex "
Wouldn't Gambit just move? (if something was falling on him). I also think his agility and acrobatic prowess would allow him to dodge something like an Octopus' arms while simultaneously raining down a barrage of kinetically charged cards. I dont know is Beast Boy has the speed to morph and move before Gambit can charge and throw. Basically thats what I see it coming down to.

@Supreme Marvel said:
" Wouldn't he have to make contact with something? Or can he do it thorough his clothes? And wouldn't it hurt him? "
The op doesnt say anything about Gambit "not" having his cards. I assume he has em here, no reason why he'd have to blow himself up lol.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gotta run but I'll respond when I back.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Gambit.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Gambler:  Beast Boys morphing abilities basically go as fast as he can think and it only takes second to go between each animal if Beast Boy was low enough Gambit would have trouble dodging Beast Boy is also known for morphing to multiple animals like a swarm or creating a dummy animal making it hard for gambit to know which is which
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also think that Beast Boy can morph from animal-to-animal faster than Gambit can react. It should only take a couple of seconds for Beast Boy to turn into a parasitic wasp and enter through Gambit's esophogus. Also, I highly doubt that Gambit's just going to start randomly charging and throwing his cards when Beast Boy becomes microscopic.

YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YES
@Son_of_Magnus:  This is a good idea, given Gambit would stand still as they fought. Gambit can blow up the entire perimeter beast boy is in, Beast Boy turning into a fly would only make it easier for Gambit to kill him. If he throws a bolt that he charges and it blows up anywhere around a fly it would kill it. 
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By YES
@Gambler: Gambit would probably have cards since he always does, and He carries around a thing of nuts and bolts to charge and throw.  

@Son_of_Magnus:  This is a good idea, given Gambit would stand still as they fought. Gambit can blow up the entire perimeter beast boy is in, Beast Boy turning into a fly would only make it easier for Gambit to kill him. If he throws a bolt that he charges and it blows up anywhere around a fly it would kill it. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@YES said:

" @Son_of_Magnus:  This is a good idea, given Gambit would stand still as they fought. Gambit can blow up the entire perimeter beast boy is in, Beast Boy turning into a fly would only make it easier for Gambit to kill him. If he throws a bolt that he charges and it blows up anywhere around a fly it would kill it.  "

When did I say he would turn into a fly? Gambit can not hit a peregrine falcon with over 15 years of intense combat experience and training plus a 4.0 GPA
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By YES
@Son_of_Magnus:   Beast Boy winning are he can say turn into a kestrel fly over Gambit, I thought this was a kind of fly or something, you forgot the "and" and I didnt read it correctly, sorry. anyways, Gambit can blow him up and evade him before he turns into the falcon.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@YES said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:   Beast Boy winning are he can say turn into a kestrel fly over Gambit, I thought this was a kind of fly or something, you forgot the "and" and I didnt read it correctly, sorry. anyways, Gambit can blow him up and evade him before he turns into the falcon. "
Because Beast Boy is going to stand around when he can turn to a cheetah at the drop of a hat and be out of there
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By YES

So he would win because he can run away, you're saying?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@YES said:
" So he would win because he can run away, you're saying? "
She means our of there as in out of danger.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@YES said:
" So he would win because he can run away, you're saying? "
No he can win because he can make himself far stronger durable faster and agile than Gambit
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By YES

@ son_of_magnus Faster= cheetah, Gambit can I guess stay there if the cheetah will run away. 
stronger=gorilla? I'm sure Gambit can throw something and hit something the size of a gorilla. 

YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By YES
@Son_of_Magnus: I don't know what would make him more durable, But, It seems like durable would mean bigger, and most animals would die from a bomb, and the bigger the animal the better chance Gambit has.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@YES:  Ya and what is going to happen when Beast Boy gets right in Gambit's face? he is screwed Beast Boy can take off to the upper stratosphere come down at speeds exceeding 200 miles an hours turn microscopic just before he hits Gambit than take him out from the inside
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Gambler:  Beast Boys morphing abilities basically go as fast as he can think and it only takes second to go between each animal if Beast Boy was low enough Gambit would have trouble dodging Beast Boy is also known for morphing to multiple animals like a swarm or creating a dummy animal making it hard for gambit to know which is which "

I wasnt referring to how fast he could morph, I was referring to how fast he could morph and then move. I assume they are starting the fight on opposite sides looking at one another. Fight starts, Gambit charges and throws a card (or multiple cards), while at the same time Beast Boy is morphing at moving (either up, forwards, side to side, etc etc). What I'm asking is, Beast Boy fast enough to morph and get out of Gambit's blast radius? I dont think he is, regardless of how small an insect or animal he turns into.

@The Mjolnir Wielder said:

" I also think that Beast Boy can morph from animal-to-animal faster than Gambit can react. It should only take a couple of seconds for Beast Boy to turn into a parasitic wasp and enter through Gambit's esophogus. Also, I highly doubt that Gambit's just going to start randomly charging and throwing his cards when Beast Boy becomes microscopic. "

Why is Gambit charging cards random? Its a fight.....its the first thing he'd do regardless of what Beast Boy is doing....again, how fast Beast Boy can morph  isnt the issue I raised. Its how fast can he morph and get out of the blast radius.

Gambit's reflexes have repeatedly been described as moving faster then the eye can see, as well as tagging and dodging characters with reactionary speed faster then that of Beast Boys.
Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Clutch

Gambit takes it,too much skill + a longer range.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xan84

Beast boy goes godzila on his ass and stomps lol (yes it was a joke). 

Seriously i would give it to BB.
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By YES

these are all great points, I think that its a matter of who makes the first move and how far apart they are. That's what I think

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@Gambler said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Gambler:  Beast Boys morphing abilities basically go as fast as he can think and it only takes second to go between each animal if Beast Boy was low enough Gambit would have trouble dodging Beast Boy is also known for morphing to multiple animals like a swarm or creating a dummy animal making it hard for gambit to know which is which "

I wasnt referring to how fast he could morph, I was referring to how fast he could morph and then move. I assume they are starting the fight on opposite sides looking at one another. Fight starts, Gambit charges and throws a card (or multiple cards), while at the same time Beast Boy is morphing at moving (either up, forwards, side to side, etc etc). What I'm asking is, Beast Boy fast enough to morph and get out of Gambit's blast radius? I dont think he is, regardless of how small an insect or animal he turns into.

" I also think that Beast Boy can morph from animal-to-animal faster than Gambit can react. It should only take a couple of seconds for Beast Boy to turn into a parasitic wasp and enter through Gambit's esophogus. Also, I highly doubt that Gambit's just going to start randomly charging and throwing his cards when Beast Boy becomes microscopic. "

Why is Gambit charging cards random? Its a fight.....its the first thing he'd do regardless of what Beast Boy is doing....again, how fast Beast Boy can morph  isnt the issue I raised. Its how fast can he morph and get out of the blast radius.   Gambit's reflexes have repeatedly been described as moving faster then the eye can see, as well as tagging and dodging characters with reactionary speed faster then that of Beast Boys. "
The eye is different than the thought though. Can his reaction cover 250mph? That's the speed of a thought. He can take flight fast also. I think he could get out of the blast radius. This is was BB usually does. And am guessing they don't know anything about each other? The OP should have gave a few rules or guidelines for us. So Gambit won't know that he can morph. He is cocky right? So that will give BB at least a second over him in the air. My opinion. 
How far can he throw into the air?
Also, did you know he can morph into legendary creatures now?
I think he can morph, evade and take flight. Avoiding the damage. Morph into something small enough to get into his internal system and as I stated before, morph into a whale while inside him..
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By hdorman1

BB

Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GreenLantern555

I'm actually going to have to go with Beast Boy as well just because BB's powers are so much faster than Gambits. BB power basically travels at the speed of thought. He can Change into the worlds fastest and strongest animals faster than you can blink. Yes, Gambit's power is greater but I think BB would take it.

YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By YES

Gambit can have explosives around BB as fast as he can grab any object, he carries around a satchel of scrap metal, so he would have some at his side already. say BB turned into a cheetah and started running at Gambit, 1. a cheetah doesn't go from zero to ninety in one second, it is quick but Gambit can still react. 2. a cheetah is still a bigger than average target. if Gambit threw an explosive around the cheetah it would stun it. And Gambit would have to get just one good hit in for it to be over. BB has to be conscious to stay in his form. 

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:

Why is Gambit charging cards random? Its a fight.....its the first thing he'd do regardless of what Beast Boy is doing....again, how fast Beast Boy can morph  isnt the issue I raised. Its how fast can he morph and get out of the blast radius.   Gambit's reflexes have repeatedly been described as moving faster then the eye can see, as well as tagging and dodging characters with reactionary speed faster then that of Beast Boys. "
The eye is different than the thought though. Can his reaction cover 250mph? That's the speed of a thought. He can take flight fast also. I think he could get out of the blast radius. This is was BB usually does. And am guessing they don't know anything about each other? The OP should have gave a few rules or guidelines for us. So Gambit won't know that he can morph. He is cocky right? So that will give BB at least a second over him in the air. My opinion.  How far can he throw into the air? Also, did you know he can morph into legendary creatures now? I think he can morph, evade and take flight. Avoiding the damage. Morph into something small enough to get into his internal system and as I stated before, morph into a whale while inside him.. "
Again, BB can morph as fast as thought, he doesn't MOVE anywhere near that fast(if he does, could you give an example?). I wasnt aware that he could morph into legendary creatures though, that's pretty impressive actually. Could you give me some examples? That might counter my speed argument. Also Gambit being cocky doesn't mean much unless you're going to apply the same character flaws to BB, who isn't exactly the most serious character on his best day. Its kind of funny you want to saddle Gambit with character morals while apparently taking BB's away. Morphing into a microscopic organism, entering Gambit, and then morphing into something massive wouldn't be something BB would do unless the lives of his team, friends, family, etc etc were in jeopardy, and even then it would be a last resort. Gambit's more likely to go for the kill before BB is. Has BB ever exploded someone from the inside before? I'm curious about that.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Gambler:  Beast Boy has extensive combat training in human form from his career with Doom Patrol and Teen titans he has been in Doom Patrol before he even hit puberty and was training ever since so he can maneuver at peak potential in human form and has mastered incorporating the two into agility 
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By YES

He definitely has not. I don't know the limits of what BB can morph into either, i'll look into it. 

YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YES

And everyone is saying BB can fly into gambits mouth, I'm sure Gambit has the power to close his mouth.  and ears? or nose? maybe, but, its hard ( i'm sure ) to fly into someones ear as a fly while theyre moving around. BB could get fatigued just by flying around and simply trying to get into Gambits ear or nose. 

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GreenLantern555

Have you ever had a fly fly into your ear? It's not very hard for them. I've been running and had a fly fly into my ear. He doesn't have to change into a cheetah because staying on land would be a dumb move any way. He could change into a Swift which can get up to 15 mph and fly straight up into the air then change into a fly, fly around and get right above him, transform into a huge animal and crush him. Gambit has no time to move because nothing travel faster than the speed of thought.

YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By YES

You're acting like Gambit can't think either, nothing is faster than the speed of thought. Gambit could still react, He could expel a poisonous gas that he can create within himself everywhere around him, which could take a major effect on the fly or whatever small flying thing that would be above him. 

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Gambler:  Beast Boy has extensive combat training in human form from his career with Doom Patrol and Teen titans he has been in Doom Patrol before he even hit puberty and was training ever since so he can maneuver at peak potential in human form and has mastered incorporating the two into agility  "
This doesn't mean anything in regards to what I asked lol. 

@GreenLantern555 said:
" Have you ever had a fly fly into your ear? It's not very hard for them. I've been running and had a fly fly into my ear. He doesn't have to change into a cheetah because staying on land would be a dumb move any way. He could change into a Swift which can get up to 15 mph and fly straight up into the air then change into a fly, fly around and get right above him, transform into a huge animal and crush him. Gambit has no time to move because nothing travel faster than the speed of thought. "
Can get up to being the key phrase in this sentence. Its not instantaneous nor can BB move or accelerate at the speed of thought.
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By YES

And i'm sure that the fly that got into his ear didnt do it on purpose. Given BB would, he still would have a hard time navigating himself into a hole he can hardly see as a fly if Gambit was to move around. 

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GreenLantern555
@YES said:
" You're acting like Gambit can't think either, nothing is faster than the speed of thought. Gambit could still react, He could expel a poisonous gas that he can create within himself everywhere around him, which could take a major effect on the fly or whatever small flying thing that would be above him.  "
Then all he has to do is wait for this "gas" to leave because I pretty sure that the gas isn't infinite. Then he makes his move. 

@Gambler said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Gambler:  Beast Boy has extensive combat training in human form from his career with Doom Patrol and Teen titans he has been in Doom Patrol before he even hit puberty and was training ever since so he can maneuver at peak potential in human form and has mastered incorporating the two into agility  "
This doesn't mean anything in regards to what I asked lol. 

@GreenLantern555 said:
" Have you ever had a fly fly into your ear? It's not very hard for them. I've been running and had a fly fly into my ear. He doesn't have to change into a cheetah because staying on land would be a dumb move any way. He could change into a Swift which can get up to 15 mph and fly straight up into the air then change into a fly, fly around and get right above him, transform into a huge animal and crush him. Gambit has no time to move because nothing travel faster than the speed of thought. "
Can get up to being the key phrase in this sentence. Its not instantaneous nor can BB move or accelerate at the speed of thought. "
It's suppose to be 150 mph. Just saw that. He can morph ridiculously fast though. Like in an instant. It doesn't take him even a secod to change. He doesn't need to accelerate that fast, but he can move fast enough to get away. Faster than a human can even try their hardest.
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YES
@GreenLantern555: Gambit can move fast as well. BB can move fast enough to get away, turn into a bird when gambit can no longer see him, then a fly, go above Gambit and turn into an elephant, BB could do that. But, BB would have to hope that he didnt get hit by one of Gambit's scrap metal explosives. If he did it would stun him for at least a second, which is long enough for Gambit to grab another handfull. 
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By YES
@GreenLantern555: He wouldnt know the gas is there, and Gambit can create and expel it as he pleases. 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@GreenLantern555 said:
" It's suppose to be 150 mph. Just saw that. He can morph ridiculously fast though. Like in an instant. It doesn't take him even a secod to change. He doesn't need to accelerate that fast, but he can move fast enough to get away. Faster than a human can even try their hardest. "
 I'm not disputing how fast he can morph. I'm strictly talking about reactionary speed. How fast can he dodge, how fast can he move, how fast are his reflexes, etc etc. He DOES need to accelerate fast cause one card can create a large blast radius, multiple cards an even bigger blast radius. If BB cant accelerate faster then it takes Gambit to pepper the area with cards then he's done for. And Gambit isnt human, he's a mutant with impressive reaction/speed feats.

Also this isnt just directed at you, but to anyone really. Has BB ever gone inside an opponent and blown them up from the inside? It seemed like a popular method alot of users were naming as the reason he'd beat Gambit. Just curious if he's ever done it before...
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@Gambler said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:

The eye is different than the thought though. Can his reaction cover 250mph? That's the speed of a thought. He can take flight fast also. I think he could get out of the blast radius. This is was BB usually does. And am guessing they don't know anything about each other? The OP should have gave a few rules or guidelines for us. So Gambit won't know that he can morph. He is cocky right? So that will give BB at least a second over him in the air. My opinion.  How far can he throw into the air? Also, did you know he can morph into legendary creatures now? I think he can morph, evade and take flight. Avoiding the damage. Morph into something small enough to get into his internal system and as I stated before, morph into a whale while inside him.. "
Again, BB can morph as fast as thought, he doesn't MOVE anywhere near that fast(if he does, could you give an example?). I wasnt aware that he could morph into legendary creatures though, that's pretty impressive actually. Could you give me some examples? That might counter my speed argument. Also Gambit being cocky doesn't mean much unless you're going to apply the same character flaws to BB, who isn't exactly the most serious character on his best day. Its kind of funny you want to saddle Gambit with character morals while apparently taking BB's away. Morphing into a microscopic organism, entering Gambit, and then morphing into something massive wouldn't be something BB would do unless the lives of his team, friends, family, etc etc were in jeopardy, and even then it would be a last resort. Gambit's more likely to go for the kill before BB is. Has BB ever exploded someone from the inside before? I'm curious about that. "
Well the speed of thought IS 250mph. So when he thinks of a bird, he'd transform fast enoug, inside the frame of the image as well. It's hard to find something like that in his scans, people hardly talk of him feat wise within the comic. And I have many appearance of BB, so I'll have a good look. Legendary creature, that only came up recently so that I can do. The morphing into a whale thing, he wouldn't kill anyone. But we do need to know from the OP if that's possible. Do morals apply?
 Phoenix
 Phoenix
YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By YES
@Gambler: It doesnt even have to be cards, he has scrap metal that he can charge and throw, which would spread out and make a wide blast radius. 
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GreenLantern555

Gambit can't emit the gas, he changes things into gases. So he can use the fly technique if he pleases. Gambit can only move as fast as a man can move, that's my point, he can't move faster than that. 

That's my point, Gambit would have to "Hope" to hit him because it would be way to hard when you can get a bird that can accelerate to fast. He doesn't have heat seeking shrapnel so it only goes where he first threw it.

YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By YES

He definately can emit the gas around him and direct it where he pleases. Gambit is extremely agile and quick. More than an average human. 

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GreenLantern555

No he can't. From Wiki  " Gambit demonstrates the ability to convert inert materials into toxic substances (such as transforming breathable air into poisonous gases)" So if he wanted to, he could change the air around him into poisonous gas, but he alone is not immune to the gas. He would have to do it at a distance, but he would have to find fly BB first.

YES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By YES

" Gambit also possesses the ability to create poison gases in his own body and expel them as an offensive weapon.    " (mutanthigh.com). that is where i got that.