Gambit & Banshee vs. Psylock & Bishop

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redbull

I wanted to post a very mixed fight. Consider all of the characters strengths and weaknesses and see how they play off each other in a fight to the death?

Psylock fighting Gambit could be very difficult to call - Gambit would have a lot of resistance against her telepathy, and H2H I'd argue they're equal. Banshee and Bishop would be a really great fight, because Banshee could damage Bishop and he can't absorb sonic energy (or can he???).. but at the same time, Bishop could be absorbing everything thrown at him from Gambit. 

There's a lot of ways this fight  can go, so speculate how it runs down?

Alphaproto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Alphaproto

Good fight. It's tough to say who would win but i'm going with team 2. Bishop might give his team the edge.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FLCL1

team two
Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Bobby X

Team 2 would take this and rather easily from where I'm standing. I think Psylocke can best Gambit in a decent fight and Bishop could take down Banshee fairly easily depending on what kind of firepower he has on him.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By redbull

Reasons why I think Banshee can throw a big upset here:

- He can fly, no one else here can
- His sonic voice can destroy ANY weaponry Bishop is packing, as he's done countless times
- I don't think sonic "energy" can be absorbed by Bishop, so he could technically really hammer Psylocke and Bishop into submission with that voice

Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Pulsar

Team 2 wins. I think Psylocke will go after Banshee. Truth be told, she wouldn't want to let the only flier on the field start an offensive. Bishop is a good match for Gambit. And once Banshee is taken out or turned to Psylocke and Bishop's side, Gambit goes down . Team 2 wins.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By redbull
@Pulsar said:
" Team 2 wins. I think Psylocke will go after Banshee.  " 

Okay, so how does Psylocke get him? Couldn't he just hover outside of her distance and unleash one hell of a scream? Not arguing, just would like clarification on how exactly you feel either of these characters "top" the other.
Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pulsar

Sean is hotheaded and would try to take them out fast. That's how he's always been. and for him to be outside her range, he'd have to be very, very far away. He wouldn't get that far away because that would leave Gambit alone to deal with Psylocke and Bishop. and if Gambit has to worry about Psylocke and Bishop, He'll get tagged by her Psi-blade. He has not resistance to that. 

How far are they apart when the fight starts? And don't make it one sided. That some lame duck-man shyt.  

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By redbull
@Pulsar said:
"  That some lame duck-man shyt.   "

Don't be hotheaded, this should be fair. Say both parties are about 20 feet from each other. I just feel like Banshee could make things difficult for Psylocke, and I don't think necessarily Gambit would completely ignore her. As she's dodging kinetic explosions he Banshee could be anywhere in the air around them, devestating things with his voice. 

To be honest I actually almost feel like Bishop would be better suited taking on Banshee. If Bishop fooled Gambit into attacking him enough, he'd have enough energy to toss it at Banshee anywhere in the sky. I feel like Psylocke is at a disadvantage because she can't just jump 20 feet in the air and psi-blade Banshee.
Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pulsar

Twenty feet away, Banshee gets mind-raped with ease. Gambit won't touch her with Bishop there. They have their regular gear(I'm sure, they do), Gambit's cards aren't gonna get anywhere near Psylocke. Between Bishop absorbing the energy from his cards and fire on him from whatever gun he has on him, Team 2 wins. How does Banshee stop Betsy from mind-raping him from the jump? He can't. She doesn't need to jump twenty feet in the air to get him. All she has to do she sense him.

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By redbull

Anyone else?

Avatar image for stormamazonphoenix
StormAmazonPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bishop and Psylocke win because Banshee can't beat either of them.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Zoom

Banshee wins. 

Hell, you could throw Gambit on the other team and Banshee would still win.
Avatar image for stormamazonphoenix
StormAmazonPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom said:
"Banshee wins.  Hell, you could throw Gambit on the other team and Banshee would still win. "

Psylocke owns him with every fiber of her being. And Bishop completely obliterates him. Please come with some better material.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By redbull

Considering Psylocke was completely and utterly owned by Sabretooth on every level.. I think this is a bit more balanced than you think. And in the Phalanx Saga, Sabretooth clearly didn't want to mess with Banshee at one point after seeing him devestate some attackers.

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By redbull

I find it hilarious that everyone thinks team one is a pushover, but in another thread of Gambit vs Bishop, they think Gambit curbstomps Bishop.  Team 1 has much more going for it then you think.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/gambit-vs-bishop/7104/#48

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Bobby X
@redbull: 
1. Losing to Sabretoooth is not much of a discredit to anyone. Sabretooth completely and utterly owns a lot of people and Wolverine half the time. He's very underrated. Psylocke must have been without her tp at the time of their battle or just using her psi blade and missing, which could make sense.

2. I think that is hilarious too. Imo, there is no possible way Gambit  beats Bishop, He is a highly overrated fan favorite.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Power NeXus
@redbull said:
"Reasons why I think Banshee can throw a big upset here:  - He can fly, no one else here can - His sonic voice can destroy ANY weaponry Bishop is packing, as he's done countless times - I don't think sonic "energy" can be absorbed by Bishop, so he could technically really hammer Psylocke and Bishop into submission with that voice "

Bishop can absorb any sort of energy, including sound.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Power NeXus

Ok, for one thing, I'm going to assume that Psylocke has one of her powers sets that does not included telepathy. Because telepahy in this fight would make it end up a rather severe curbstomp. I'm just assuming she has ninja skills, telekinesis, and psychic knife/katana/whatever. 

I'm pretty sure team 2 will win. Bishop is able to absorb and redirect any energy directed against him, making a sonic scream or exploding card a poor choice of attack. Team 1 might be able to take him down hand-to-hand, or by knocking him unconcious with a high sound frequency, but that would still be difficult. Also, Psylocke could defeat Gambit rather easily on the ground. She's a much better martial artist than he is, and his bo staff would not be able to block strikes from her psyckic katana (it passes right through inanimate matter), and her telekinesis would be sufficient to defend against his card attacks until she can get him with the knife. Meanwhile, Bishop would be fighting Banshee. Banshee could destroy Bishop's guns with a specific frequency scream, but Bishop can still fire blasts from his hands. Any attack Banshee deals out, Bishop can use to make himself more powerful, and Banshee isn't good enough in h2h to try to deal with him like that.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zoom
@StormAmazonPhoenix said:
"@Zoom said:
"Banshee wins.  Hell, you could throw Gambit on the other team and Banshee would still win. "
Psylocke owns him with every fiber of her being. And Bishop completely obliterates him. Please come with some better material. "

Banshee is much faster and can take Psylocke down with a blast so wide that there is no way she could dodge it. 

There is a reason that Banshee used to take on the original X-Men solo.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zoom

And Gambit can take Bishop.  He's blocked lasers with his staff before and he's much more dangerous in hand to hand. 

He won't be able to do it every time and of course throwing cards at Bish would be stupid but more often than not, Gambit should take that.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Power NeXus
@Zoom said:
"@StormAmazonPhoenix said:
"@Zoom said:
Psylocke owns him with every fiber of her being. And Bishop completely obliterates him. Please come with some better material. "
Banshee is much faster and can take Psylocke down with a blast so wide that there is no way she could dodge it.  There is a reason that Banshee used to take on the original X-Men solo. "

Psylocke's telekinetic shields should give her sufficient protection from the sonic scream. And anything that doesn't instantly take out Bishop is just going to make him stronger. 
Yeah, Banshee could solo the original X-Men, but none of them had the sort of powers that could provide a defense against him.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zoom

There's no way Psylocke would get her tk shields up in time considering the speed difference and even if she did, his sonics will go right through them. 

Bishop isn't particularly good at absorbing sonics either. 

This battle is over as soon as Sean opens his mouth.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Power NeXus
@Zoom said:
"There's no way Psylocke would get her tk shields up in time considering the speed difference and even if she did, his sonics will go right through them.  Bishop isn't particularly good at absorbing sonics either.  This battle is over as soon as Sean opens his mouth. "

1) Why would a tk be unable to block sonic waves?
2) Banshee doesn't strike me as a guy who can speedblitz quicker than Psylocke could put up a tk shield. 

I thought Bishop could absorb all kinds of energy. Has he been put down by sonics before?
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By redbull
@Power NeXus said:

Psylocke's telekinetic shields should give her sufficient protection from the sonic scream. And anything that doesn't instantly take out Bishop is just going to make him stronger. Yeah, Banshee could solo the original X-Men, but none of them had the sort of powers that could provide a defense against him. "

I don't think her TK shield would work like that. Banshee's sonic scream isn't a tangible object for her to manipulate -- it's a force of energy. And her TK shield, as far as I know, cannot interact with that. Maybe someone who has seen a feat of Psylocke's that could debate this would help. Also I've never really seen any proof that Bishop can absorb sonic energy -- it's stated he can absorb several forms of energy but I haven't seen anything state sonic.

Consider this also: If Psylocke's TK shields were that great, Sabretooth would never have landed a single blow on her. Banshee is far more agile than Sabretooth, his sonic scream is more dangerous than claws, and he can hit from any angle. I think you might be overstating Psylocke's ability.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Power NeXus
@redbull said:
"@Power NeXus said:

Psylocke's telekinetic shields should give her sufficient protection from the sonic scream. And anything that doesn't instantly take out Bishop is just going to make him stronger. Yeah, Banshee could solo the original X-Men, but none of them had the sort of powers that could provide a defense against him. "

I don't think her TK shield would work like that. Banshee's sonic scream isn't a tangible object for her to manipulate -- it's a force of energy. And her TK shield, as far as I know, cannot interact with that. Maybe someone who has seen a feat of Psylocke's that could debate this would help. Also I've never really seen any proof that Bishop can absorb sonic energy -- it's stated he can absorb several forms of energy but I haven't seen anything state sonic.  Consider this also: If Psylocke's TK shields were that great, Sabretooth would never have landed a single blow on her. Banshee is far more agile than Sabretooth, his sonic scream is more dangerous than claws, and he can hit from any angle. I think you might be overstating Psylocke's ability. "

It wouldn't be the first time a telekinetic shield blocked an energy attack... 
I don't remember what power set Psylocke had in that fight with Sabretooth, or what the situation was, so I'm not going to debate anything there. 
Where the heck did you get that Banshee is more agile than Sabretooth? Banshee's agility level isn't even classified as Olympic-level... 
And, sorry, but Psylocke is hard to figure out in this fight, since you didn't say what powers she has, what powers she doesn't have, and how strong all those power are. Seriously, she has gone through a lot of power adaptations.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By redbull
@Power NeXus said:
Where the heck did you get that Banshee is more agile than Sabretooth? Banshee's agility level isn't even classified as Olympic-level... 

He can fly.. he's instantly more agile than Sabretooth in an open setting.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Power NeXus
@redbull said:
" @Power NeXus said:

He can fly.. he's instantly more agile than Sabretooth in an open setting. "

Ability to fly is very different from agility.