Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Spider-Man and Grifter."
How?or why lol"
They have the intellect and physical advantage.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Martian

I'm going to go with Spider-Man and Grifter, but I don't know much about the extent of Backlash powers, just what I could get from his page.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By T.J. Magnum

gifter does it on his own

web head sits and crys about his life lol JK

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Loaded Revolver said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
How?or why lol"
They have the intellect and physical advantage."
Backlash was on team 7,he got intellect and is a kherbuim.Gambit can handle his own against Spidey.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Spidey and Grifter.

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
How?or why lol"
Backlash was on team 7,he got intellect and is a kherbuim.Gambit can handle his own against Spidey."
Spidey is the smartest person in the battle by a wide margin and Gambit can handle Spidey but he shouldn't be able to beat him....
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Martian
Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
How?or why lol"
Backlash was on team 7,he got intellect and is a kherbuim.Gambit can handle his own against Spidey."
How does Gambit handle Spidey?
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Loaded Revolver said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
How?or why lol"
Spidey is the smartest person in the battle by a wide margin and Gambit can handle Spidey but he shouldn't be able to beat him...."
Backlash can beat him....
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
How?or why lol"
Spidey is the smartest person in the battle by a wide margin and Gambit can handle Spidey but he shouldn't be able to beat him...."
Backlash can beat him...."
Spider-Man? I doubt it.
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Really he can,but I dont feel like debating lol

Spidey and Grifter win...for now :P

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15  Edited By King Saturn
Spider-Man and Grifter should win here... but it wont be that easy
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

King Saturn said:
"Spider-Man and Grifter should win here... but it wont be that easy"
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Can someone explain to me how they win?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'd like an explanation as well, instead of everyone just taking it for granted.

Loaded Revolver
said:

Booksmarts maybe. Backlash is the smartest fighter in the battle, and I think that matters more. Grifter might share his team 7 training, but not the hundreds (or thousands, I forget) of years of experience he's had which includes tons of combat.

I think the older version of Backlash (weaker whips but more misting) pictured at the start would do better in this fight that the newer version. Since he knows (and can beat) Grifter, Spider-Man would be the challenge, but I think he could do it. His superhuman agility allows him to do Spider-Man like evasions without a spider sense and I think he'll be able to keep up with Peter, not get danced around like some idiot. If Spider-Man hit him good he'd be out, but between his agility and misting, that shouldn't happen. His attacks (and Gambit's) are well suited to take out Spider-Man. Spidey dodges bullets easily, but dodging something that can move at least as fast as a bullet but also change direction immediately would be much harder, and Backlash has two whips that can do that. The whips can easily slice through dense metals and the limbs of characters with superhuman durability and can also just hit someone with a ton of energy. With the added danger of Gambit's explosives (the cards are easily dodged, but the explosions affect the area), they should be able to get him. All they have to do is take down Grifter (shouldn't be difficult for Backlash, even without help) at the beginning and avoid Spider-Man's attacks until they land one of their own.

Maybe that will start some actual discussion.
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Thanks Buckshot.Let the battle begin.

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Buckshot said:
"I'd like an explanation as well, instead of everyone just taking it for granted.

Loaded Revolver
said:
Booksmarts maybe. Backlash is the smartest fighter in the battle, and I think that matters more. Grifter might share his team 7 training, but not the hundreds (or thousands, I forget) of years of experience he's had which includes tons of combat.

I think the older version of Backlash (weaker whips but more misting) pictured at the start would do better in this fight that the newer version. Since he knows (and can beat) Grifter, Spider-Man would be the challenge, but I think he could do it. His superhuman agility allows him to do Spider-Man like evasions without a spider sense and I think he'll be able to keep up with Peter, not get danced around like some idiot. If Spider-Man hit him good he'd be out, but between his agility and misting, that shouldn't happen. His attacks (and Gambit's) are well suited to take out Spider-Man. Spidey dodges bullets easily, but dodging something that can move at least as fast as a bullet but also change direction immediately would be much harder, and Backlash has two whips that can do that. The whips can easily slice through dense metals and the limbs of characters with superhuman durability and can also just hit someone with a ton of energy. With the added danger of Gambit's explosives (the cards are easily dodged, but the explosions affect the area), they should be able to get him. All they have to do is take down Grifter (shouldn't be difficult for Backlash, even without help) at the beginning and avoid Spider-Man's attacks until they land one of their own.

Maybe that will start some actual discussion."
Nice post Buckshot,
Before I respond though...I want to ask you how physically strong and how durable is Backlash?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Backlashs whips move as fast as bullets? Is there any source for this claim? Cause I aint buying it. Spiderman should and would easy dodge Backlash's whips regardless of them quickly being able to change directions.

@Akira stop hiding behind Buckshot. Cause as of yet you've given no reason as to why Gambit/Backlash would win either. Your just as guilty as the rest of us.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Hey I know,I aint hiding behind anything or anyone.

Ive mentioned that Backlash was on Team 7 and Kehribuim(w/e) meaning he was with Grifter and has strength,speed and battle experience.I made my points and thats about all I had.

But we can go further

A  agility  Backlash:

Not much,but it shows Agility
Not much,but it shows Agility

Bio:
Bio
Bio

Mist Powers:

Mist
Mist

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Not sure how much of a marksmen Savage Dragon is. Dodging bullets is something everyone in the battle can do. Spiderman's SpiderSense should alert him to Backlash's mist form. And I still dont see anything comparing Backlash's whip speed to that of a bullet.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Martian

Can Backlash really react with this speed?

caption
caption
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Gambler said:
"Not sure how much of a marksmen Savage Dragon is. Dodging bullets is something everyone in the battle can do. Spiderman's SpiderSense should alert him to Backlash's mist form. And I still dont see anything comparing Backlash's whip speed to that of a bullet.
"
I don't know about the bullet thing myself .Sure Spiderman may be able to sense it,but what can he do against it?

Loaded Revolver said:
"I also don't think Backlash has the kind of durability that will keep him in a hand to hand fight with Spider-Man...he may be a good fighter but a couple of shots should really rattle him."

He can heal wounds and dodge easily when he turns into mist not to mention his agility.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Also I'd say your team is only as strong as your weakest link, in this case, Gambit. He's not as durable as Spiderman or Grifter, nor as strong. He has nice agility but nowhere near the level of Spiderman. Web Head could easily web up Gambit just as he was about to unleash a card and blow his own hand off. Grifter's low level TK would basically do the same thing Cable did and send Gambit's cards back at him. Maybe Backlash can hang with Spiderman or even eventually defeat him. But not before Gambit gets taking out of the equation and now its two on one.

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Akira Overdrive said:
"Gambler said:
"Not sure how much of a marksmen Savage Dragon is. Dodging bullets is something everyone in the battle can do. Spiderman's SpiderSense should alert him to Backlash's mist form. And I still dont see anything comparing Backlash's whip speed to that of a bullet.
"
I don't know about the bullet thing myself .Sure Spiderman may be able to sense it,but what can he do against it?

Loaded Revolver said:
"I also don't think Backlash has the kind of durability that will keep him in a hand to hand fight with Spider-Man...he may be a good fighter but a couple of shots should really rattle him."

He can heal wounds and dodge easily when he turns into mist not to mention his agility."
Spider-Man would knock his block off...He punched Iron Man barefisted...
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Gambler said:
"Also I'd say your team is only as strong as your weakest link, in this case, Gambit. He's not as durable as Spiderman or Grifter, nor as strong. He has nice agility but nowhere near the level of Spiderman. Web Head could easily web up Gambit just as he was about to unleash a card and blow his own hand off. Grifter's low level TK would basically do the same thing Cable did and send Gambit's cards back at him. Maybe Backlash can hang with Spiderman or even eventually defeat him. But not before Gambit gets taking out of the equation and now its two on one."
Oh come on.Gambit can hang with Spider-Man I have seen the scans that you posted.Also Gambit can time his explosions like he did with Cable to Grifter.I don't believe that Gambit can be easily picked off in this battle.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Martian
Akira Overdrive said:
"Gambler said:
"Also I'd say your team is only as strong as your weakest link, in this case, Gambit. He's not as durable as Spiderman or Grifter, nor as strong. He has nice agility but nowhere near the level of Spiderman. Web Head could easily web up Gambit just as he was about to unleash a card and blow his own hand off. Grifter's low level TK would basically do the same thing Cable did and send Gambit's cards back at him. Maybe Backlash can hang with Spiderman or even eventually defeat him. But not before Gambit gets taking out of the equation and now its two on one."
Oh come on.Gambit can hang with Spider-Man I have seen the scans that you posted.Also Gambit can time his explosions like he did with Cable to Grifter.I don't believe that Gambit can be easily picked off in this battle."
Gambit could hang with Spidey for the sake of a story, not when you compare actually abilities and powers.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Akira Overdrive said:
"Gambler said:
"

Loaded Revolver said:

He can heal wounds and dodge easily when he turns into mist not to mention his agility."
He can sense them and where there (coming from) and with his speed and agility he can dodge them. Thats what he could do.

Also, Backlash can only transform into Mist once, maybe twice. And it takes great effort. This to me says that its a tactic he'd be reluctant to use. Simply because if it failed this not only means its no longer available but he's wasted alot of his energy to do so.
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Nobody said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Gambler said:
Oh come on.Gambit can hang with Spider-Man I have seen the scans that you posted.Also Gambit can time his explosions like he did with Cable to Grifter.I don't believe that Gambit can be easily picked off in this battle."
Gambit could hang with Spidey for the sake of a story, not when you compare actually abilities and powers."
No I think realistically Gambit could last a while with Spider-Man depending on the circumstances of the fight...but if he pissed Spider-Man off and he really gave it his all...Gambit would have a very slim chance.
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Gambler said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Gambler said:
"

Loaded Revolver said:

He can sense them and where there (coming from) and with his speed and agility he can dodge them. Thats what he could do.

Also, Backlash can only transform into Mist once, maybe twice. And it takes great effort. This to me says that its a tactic he'd be reluctant to use. Simply because if it failed this not only means its no longer available but he's wasted alot of his energy to do so."
Theres two versions like Buckshot said,one with stronger Psi whips and one with weaker psi whips but his other powers are better,so thats the one where going with based off of Buckshot's post.I posted that Bio for the sake off letting you know what he could do in terms of fighting,experience etc. not powers.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Nobody said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Gambler said:
Gambit could hang with Spidey for the sake of a story, not when you compare actually abilities and powers."
Agreed.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Akira Overdrive said:
"Gambler said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Gambler said:
"

Loaded Revolver said:

Also, Backlash can only transform into Mist once, maybe twice. And it takes great effort. This to me says that its a tactic he'd be reluctant to use. Simply because if it failed this not only means its no longer available but he's wasted alot of his energy to do so."
Theres two versions like Buckshot said,one with stronger Psi whips and one with weaker psi whips but his other powers are better,so thats the one where going with based off of Buckshot's post.I posted that Bio for the sake off letting you know what he could do in terms of fighting,experience etc. not powers."

Dodges Psi Whips
Dodges Psi Whips
Dodges whips, Webs Backlash, and then Backlash admits he couldnt mist again
Dodges whips, Webs Backlash, and then Backlash admits he couldnt mist again

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Loaded Revolver

LMFAO.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Akira Overdrive

And thats the Backlash that was in the bio.

What happened after that?Was that it?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Ghostshell

They team up after.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Akira Overdrive

So that scan showed Spider-Man dodging his psi-whips,what about his mist?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

U saw what he used his Mist on. Read the second scan.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Wanted discussion but not while I was gone. I hate catching up.

Gambler said:

"Backlashs whips move as fast as bullets? Is there any source for this claim? Cause I aint buying it. Spiderman should and would easy dodge Backlash's whips regardless of them quickly being able to change directions.
They've been stated (in the comic) to go as fast as bullets (and even thought) before and I have actual proof. If you want me to post a scan I will.

Why would Spider-Man be able to dodge them regardless of how fast they can change around? It has been said numerous times (here on the site in discussions, not comic stuff) that a master tactician would have a shot at Spider-Man because of their ability to set him up where they want him by triggering his spider sense so his evasions put him in a worse spot. Backlash can do that same thing in one move instead of several. He can shoot his whips and when Spidey dodges, hit him with the other whip or just have the first one follow him to his new position. Take the (spider-man) scan on this page. If that bullet had moved with him after he dodged it, it's incredibly close to his body and could easily catch him in his new position. Then there's also that the whips can let off energy, so even being that close would be dangerous.

Savage Dragon may not be Bullseye, but he's a good shot. Even if you didn't read his comics, check out how close the bullet holes in the wall are to Backlash's body. There are other examples of Backlash's agility if you need them. But what he can't dodge, he can let pass through him as mist.

Gambler said:
Gambit might be a weak link for his team, but Grifter is too. I'd submit that he's an even weaker link since Backlash knows him so well and could (I might even say "easily") beat him. If you're talking about the weakest member of the entire fight, not just for one side, I think I'd put that on Grifter because Backlash is against him. Sometimes you benefit because of your partner, sometimes you benefit because you know your enemy better than anyone else. Gambit may get ganked by the other team, but while they're doing that, Grifter could easily die by Backlash's hand, TK or no. Among other things, Backlash is incredibly stealthy and has more than once been able to sneak up on Grifter and attack. He doesn't really need a diversion (though the fireworks created by Gambit blowing his hand off could certainly work if he did) and he's also quicker on the draw (with his whips), often able to attack before others can react (or even notice a threat). Even if Grifter got a chance to use his TK on Backlash, he could always mist and vanish. Looking at what you're proposing, Spider-Man might shoot a web at Gambit but Backlash could use a whip to smack it out of the way or move Gambit. (I really doubt that Gambit can't dodge a web on his own though.) If Grifter uses his TK (are the characters in character or what? once again with the lack of detail) Gambit can't really dodge that, but he didn't die when Cable did it did he? AO also mentioned timed explosions that wouldn't necessarily blow up on him.

Loaded Revolver said:
Spider-Man would knock his block off...He punched Iron Man barefisted..."
As I said, Spider-Man could take him out with one punch if he doesn't hold back, but agility and the ability to become intangible with a thought would make hitting Backlash hard. Plus, getting close enough to hit Backlash would have him surrounded by whips.

Gambler said:

I mentioned it in my first post but the Backlash pictured is not limited to one mist a day. If he were traded in though, his whips would be able to discharge a lot more energy, making them more dangerous even if they don't get close.

Gambler said:
scans
You attribute something to the story for your team but not for all the characters? It was a team-up (and a crossover), Spider-Man isn't going to beat Backlash and Backlash isn't going to beat Spider-Man. A few things though, Backlash wasn't tired like you said he'd be after misting, he could have freed himself with his whips and saved that power, Spider-Man was barely avoiding one whip when Backlash could have used both or at any time changed the direction of the whip that was passing just by Spider-Man's body, Backlash could have also sent energy flying through the whips and had that hit Spidey while he though he'd already avoided danger, and I'm pretty sure the next page has that water tower coming down on Spider-Man or something like that.
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Sorry about the lack of detail in the fight Shot.

I suppose its kind of to late,but the are all in character and the battle takes place in a city venue(like the one in the Backlash/Spider-Man scans)

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

That changes it a little. What versions are the characters? I can tell with Backlash since his whips are a different color, but what about the others? Is it current for the rest (BND Spidey, flesh-charging Gambit, scruffy TK-endowed World's End Grifter) or something different?

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Akira Overdrive

World End Grifter.Current Spidey.

Current Gambit.