User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jedisupermaster

Galactus.

vs

Scathan.

Galactus is fully fed.
Scathan is... Well, he is a celestial.

FIGHT!

My opinion: Scathan is a completely featless celestial, but somebody thinks he is as powerfull as Living Tribunal. And i dont know why do people think so. Galactus stomps!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ssejllenrad

I thought Big G can never be fully fed?

recordkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By recordkeeper

is it that hard to understand Scathan easily contained a being with power of the LT??? 

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By whacknasty

Well, everyone needed Scathan to stop that Protege kid, right? And he could have ended the muli/omiverse or something like that. 

I dont know if they asked Galan for any help..lol.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slimj87d

Scathan. Although a result of bad writing, still did a feat that surpassed anything Galactus has ever done. Getting LT's back, and getting called for help from LT himself. 

Taken from LT's own bio people:

No Caption Provided

And it wasn't a somebody, it was three of us (@The Gray Fox@AtheneOwnsYou:).  
Second, we never said he was as strong or equal to LT because there is not enough evidence, but he was somewhere up there. So go reread my post. Don't put words in peoples mouth.  
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jedisupermaster
so you made a thread to further hate scathan
No Caption Provided
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slimj87d
@higher_evolutionary: Seriously... where's the Scathan "Disproves this thread." I've only seen the approved one...
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D

srry but dont know what you are talking about
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slimj87d
@higher_evolutionary said:
@SlimJ87D:   srry but dont know what you are talking about
HE DOES NOT APPROVE THIS TOPIC 
HE DOES NOT APPROVE THIS TOPIC 
Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jedisupermaster
@higher_evolutionary: I made this thread because of some people who wanted me to make this thread and i made it.

@SlimJ87D: Scathan judged against him. Judge is not a duel. And it was an atack from behind. So it is not a feat.

@recordkeeper: Scathan is no way near LTs level of might.

People dont know a difference between "judging" and "fighting".
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By weaponxxx

Scathan the Approver is just as powerful as any Celestial (Top Tier granted) The Living Tribunal didnt need his power to absorb Protege only his approval. As was the case when Thanos wore the infinity gauntlet, the Living Tribunal had to differentiate between upsetting the cosmic order and natural selection. He basically needed a second opinion that it was ok to defeat protege and he got that from Scathan. That says nothing about Scathan's power level...only that he's a pretty trustworthy dude

recordkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By recordkeeper

yea I know scathan storylin sucked but it's still happened. As shown Scathan was above LT in thatstory & there's no denying that
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimj87d
@Jedisupermaster said:
@higher_evolutionary: I made this thread because of some people who wanted me to make this thread and i made it.

@SlimJ87D: Scathan judged against him. Judge is not a duel. And it was an atack from behind. So it is not a feat.@recordkeeper: Scathan is no way near LTs level of might. People dont know a difference between "judging" and "fighting".
I've heard your argument already. Didn't convince anyone that Galactus can beat Scathan.  

@weaponxxx said:
Scathan the Approver is just as powerful as any Celestial (Top Tier granted) The Living Tribunal didnt need his power to absorb Protege only his approval. As was the case when Thanos wore the infinity gauntlet, the Living Tribunal had to differentiate between upsetting the cosmic order and natural selection. He basically needed a second opinion that it was ok to defeat protege and he got that from Scathan. That says nothing about Scathan's power level...only that he's a pretty trustworthy dude
To say he did nothing but sat there and judged is BS. Lets have a recap of what happen.  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

in the last scan (going backwards) here we see Scathan put Protege, a guy that fully replicated LT's pwoers, in handcuffs and put a fishbowl over his head. He negated Protege's ability to resist or do anything which allowed LT to finish him off. He negated the Protege's COSMIC AWARENESS. Repeat, he negated his cosmic awareness so Protege even with LT's powers could not hear or see anything that would transpire against his very own will, as much as he wanted to hear and see what they were talking about with the powers of LT, he could not. 

So no, Scathan did not just judge he performed feats. Does this prove he is strong as LT? NO. But does this show that he is someone above Galactus. Yes. 
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jedisupermaster

Scathan only judged him and thats all. Cosmic Awareness could be not as strong as ever, since Protege could not use it because he could be ifected by Pride. So Scathan attacked him from behind and did with him something that will not allow him to use his powers. Many cosmics can do that. So its not a feat.

recordkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By recordkeeper
@Jedisupermaster said:
Scathan only judged him and thats all. 

this aready has proven false
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jedisupermaster
@recordkeeper: Not even a little.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d
@Jedisupermaster said: 

Scathan only judged him and thats all. Cosmic Awareness could be not as strong as ever, since Protege could not use it because he could be ifected by Pride. So Scathan attacked him from behind and did with him something that will not allow him to use his powers. Many cosmics can do that. So its not a feat.

You cannot state your opinion as a fact here. It is against the debating rules. You have no proof that being attacked from behind is key to Scathan holding Prostege. Where does it say anything about PRIDE anywhere in any of the scans. This is your opinion, it is not fact and has been proven wrong time and time again. 

@Jedisupermaster: So if Galactus was there, he would be able to hand cuff and put a giant fish bowl over Prostege's head? Lol, again. You're not proving anything or making anyone believe you here. All you want are the last words. Go ahead and have them. Doesn't mean you are right. 

No Caption Provided
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jedisupermaster
@SlimJ87D: The problem for you is your unableness to prove he contained LTs power and nobody helped him in doing that. If you will strike a boxing champion with a knife in his head from behind, he would be dead. See?
blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blur99

I think its really hard to put Scathan in a thread since hardly anything is known about him.  And his appearance was only a few pages it seems. 
And he hasn't been since I think.   
So he is a mystery figure.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slimj87d
@Jedisupermaster said:

@SlimJ87D: The problem for you is your unableness to prove he contained LTs power and nobody helped him in doing that. If you will strike a boxing champion with a knife in his head from behind, he would be dead. See?

What... are you talking about. Look at the damn scan for once. It shows Protege with Scathan's globes around his hands and head. And it CLEARLY says that he did it. Everything you say that is happening is YOUR OPINION. Where does it say anything about Protege was too prideful. Where? 

1. Where does it say anything about pride and he was too prideful to use his cosmic awareness? WHERE?
2. Where does it say anything about him getting sneaked up from behind and that's the reason why he got contained. WHERE? Stop bringing this up, it's your opinion and there's no proof, specially for people that have Cosmic Awareness. 

Go read the rules for once. If you are going to claim this "  The problem for you is your unableness to prove he contained LTs power and nobody helped him in doing that" if you say something like that then you need to prove it not me. I already showed you a scan that says Scathan muzzled Protege and no one else helped him. He did it and it says it in my scan.   

And lastly, answer the question. If Galactus was there, could he have contained Protege like Scathan did? I'm sorry, I already know your answer and you are wrong.  

Again, no one believes you. You just want one person here to believe you and then you are going to claim victory, even though 5+ people aren't buying what you're selling. 
Shuma-Gorath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Shuma-Gorath

As it was Scathan's first and only appearance it cannot be considered PIS because he has had no established set of power beforehand - - perhaps a highly evolved Celestial? Who knows, but the 31st Century has beings of amazing power - - Sise-Neg being one example.
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jedisupermaster
@SlimJ87D: Protege was attacked from behind and was effected by Scathans powers. His hands and head were in that globes so he was unable to do anything because of that. Many cosmics can do such thing since they can create such globes easily. Even offisially, Scathan is not one of the strongest celestials and he is not at least galaxy buster since he didnt do anything like that. If celestials are so powerfull, why they didnt defeat Living Tribunal and rule the universe? Maby because they are not so powerfull and there were no duel - attack from behind and cosmic power that made those globes. Dude, any cosmic can do such trick. Franklin Richards can manipulate reality like everage celestials but a simple soldier can kill him by a shot from a rifle being far away from Franklin.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d
@Jedisupermaster
Still, no one here believes you. 
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weaponxxx

I was unaware of the scans that SlimJ87D provided earlier in the forum. After seeing them i have to restate my position. It seems i was wrong to think that Scathan only provided his opinion. He clearly exerts some power over Protege who at the time wield's LT's power. Galactus can't handle that. Once again I'd like to reiterate that Scathan Did not actually defeat Protege. However he clearly restrained him and that puts him several notches above Galactus in my book. Excellent scans.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scathan

jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jaywray

Galan could take an average celestial more often and not, Its to bad Scathan isn't your average Celestial.  
Big G loses this one. 

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#27  Edited By AssertingValor

big g is my hero,  but  i might go with the celestial on this one...........

Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jedisupermaster

So, in your opinion, featless celestial can beat a universe-buster? Great...

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#29  Edited By AssertingValor
@Jedisupermaster said:
So, in your opinion, featless celestial can beat a universe-buster? Great...
dont believe galactus has many feats on that level either.............
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jedisupermaster
@ebuchanan: That Scathans "judging" is not a feat. Read my posts up there.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chaos Prime

Simple question here..Where was Galactus when all this business with Protege was going on??

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By slimj87d
@Jedisupermaster: He does have a powerful feat. You just fail to believe it. You just fail to believe it. Let me repeat this, you out of everyone in those whole board fail to believe it. You are on your own. Just give up already.  

And finally, no one here believes you.  

@weaponxxx said: 
I was unaware of the scans that SlimJ87D provided earlier in the forum. After seeing them i have to restate my position. It seems i was wrong to think that Scathan only provided his opinion. He clearly exerts some power over Protege who at the time wield's LT's power. Galactus can't handle that. Once again I'd like to reiterate that Scathan Did not actually defeat Protege. However he clearly restrained him and that puts him several notches above Galactus in my book. Excellent scans.
 Thanks bro
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D: do not be harsh

and i believe this story was retconned that this LT was just a manifestation
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jedisupermaster

@SlimJ87D: I dont care about that. And that is not a feat, as i explained above.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By slimj87d
@Jedisupermaster said:

@SlimJ87D: I dont care about that. And that is not a feat, as i explained above.

Changes nothing, no one still believes you. 
Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

Is this correct (according to the story) Scathan > Protege (w/ LT, Beyonder & Scathan's powers) > Living Tribunal > Galactus = lol

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By slimj87d
@TheSpiritStalker: I would say no. 

Protege > or equal to LT > or equal to Scathan > Galactus 

We don't understand how cosmic powers work. Their fights aren't who can lift more or who can run faster. LT and Protege could have not done anything to each other because they were clones of each other. Who knows. So we'll never understand why LT had so much trouble with Protege because of ambiguity. But it is safe to assume that Scathan is somewhere up there with them but no way stronger than LT since LT's bio still states he is the strongest second to TOAA. 
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Scathan, Galactus is good but not that good.

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D
I'm on your side here and agree that Scathan would win. 

To be fair though that story is bad writing and would not even be cannon if it wasn't for some dumie putting it on the LT's bio. Not everything that involves the LT is cannon.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By slimj87d
@CapitolPunishment said:
@SlimJ87D: I'm on your side here and agree that Scathan would win.  To be fair though that story is bad writing and would not even be cannon if it wasn't for some dumie putting it on the LT's bio. Not everything that involves the LT is cannon.
Yes, it was absolute terrible writing. But don't forget that LT is not bounded toa  Unvierse, he is truly multiversal in Marvel. And because every story takes place in a alternative Universe, a appearance of LT has to be the same LT. Hence why he is not called Living Tribunal (Earth-XXXX), he is just Living Tribunal. 
Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By TheSpiritStalker
@SlimJ87D said:
@TheSpiritStalker: I would say no.  Protege > or equal to LT > or equal to Scathan > Galactus  We don't understand how cosmic powers work. Their fights aren't who can lift more or who can run faster. LT and Protege could have not done anything to each other because they were clones of each other. Who knows. So we'll never understand why LT had so much trouble with Protege because of ambiguity. But it is safe to assume that Scathan is somewhere up there with them but no way stronger than LT since LT's bio still states he is the strongest second to TOAA. 
At least all the bios say Living Tribunal is virtually omnipotent, I didn't know he used the power cosmic I thought omnipotence was a power on its own. I think Scathan is actually The One Above All in disguised which is the only logical explaination. He doesn't appear again in Marvel so he probably could be. Protege was correctly stronger because he copied his power plus the beyonder and mephisto's daughter.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@SlimJ87D: I'm on your side here and agree that Scathan would win.  To be fair though that story is bad writing and would not even be cannon if it wasn't for some dumie putting it on the LT's bio. Not everything that involves the LT is cannon.
Yes, it was absolute terrible writing. But don't forget that LT is not bounded toa  Unvierse, he is truly multiversal in Marvel. And because every story takes place in a alternative Universe, a appearance of LT has to be the same LT. Hence why he is not called Living Tribunal (Earth-XXXX), he is just Living Tribunal. 

I agree with you and that would make sense if Marvel actually followed those rules when writing stories involving LT. I only brought this up because there have been a few stories showing LT getting overpowered and defeated, one of which was at the hands of the future 616 Galactus. He mopped the floor with all the abstracts and LT, but thats not cannon.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By slimj87d
@CapitolPunishment said:
@SlimJ87D said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
I agree with you and that would make sense if Marvel actually followed those rules when writing stories involving LT. I only brought this up because there have been a few stories showing LT getting overpowered and defeated, one of which was at the hands of the future 616 Galactus. He mopped the floor with all the abstracts and LT, but thats not cannon.
Gotcha. I wonder if Future 616 can just be considered total non canon to any universe since it still is 616 but did not happen. 
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@SlimJ87D said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
Gotcha. I wonder if Future 616 can just be considered total non canon to any universe since it still is 616 but did not happen. 

Aye, they went over the top when they threw LT in the mix with the Abstracts and Celestails, it was changed later, they gave it a new designation from earth 616 but I forget the exact number. It seems whoever Marvel had writing "the future" LT at the time really like to see him jobbin
cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cosmic_reign

everyone wants to say this story arc was bad writing because a Celestial saved all realities. Just another mystery about the Celestials.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Magethor

Will Scathan approve whether or not Galactus wins? If yes, Galactus wins. If no, Galactus does not win. That's how Scathan's powers work.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jeanroygrant

Galactus.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JackKnight

Techincally Scathan has only one feat but even then that one feats s**ts on every Galactus has done and ever will do.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rolldestroyer

scathan

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

none of the whole Protege fiasco made much sense, And we can't really say if Scathan was doing that by his own power, or what, and we're also not really sure if Protege was ever actually on level with the Living Tribunal

Than again, Galactus doesn't really have anything to show him on that level of power

I'm going with Galactus because I like his hat.