akatspada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By akatspada

First Scenario: Galactus at 50% power. 
Second Scenario: Galactus at 100% power.

akatspada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By akatspada

Bump.

Shuma-Gorath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Shuma-Gorath
Galactus emerges victorious in both scenarios.
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Boobster

Galan wins.

zvelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zvelf

Arishem wins. Arishem withstood the attacks of Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu combined without flinching. Odin alone was able to stalemate Galactus in a fight in Mighty Thor #4.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killemall
@zvelf: Dude shame on you.. shame shame on you.. you have the avatar of galactus and u say galactus loses .. shame on you man.. :p  
just kidding.. i think Arishem wins a normal level galactus.. but full power galactus should win. lets see what other have to say. 
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Boobster
@zvelf said:
Arishem wins. Arishem withstood the attacks of Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu combined without flinching. Odin alone was able to stalemate Galactus in a fight in Mighty Thor #4.
Stalemate ? Where the hell did he stalemate ? He was not alone, anyways, and all he did was trying to get into Galactus mind.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Killemall
@Boobster: lol i just like your nickname :D 
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Boobster
@Killemall said:
@Boobster: lol i just like your nickname :D 
Haha, thanks )
zvelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zvelf
@Boobster said:

@zvelf said:

Stalemate ? Where the hell did he stalemate ? He was not alone, anyways, and all he did was trying to get into Galactus mind.

Galactus and Odin were in a mental battle with both straining and sweating furiously and the results was they were perfectly even. That's a stalemate. If you're saying the difference between Galactus and Odin's power level is Thor, well, the difference between Odin and Arishem is about a hundred Thors. 

By the way, I love Galactus as a character and think he's been treated miserably by Marvel, but it's that very miserable treatment that is canon, and I cannot deny that Arishem has looked significantly superior.
Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

Galactus NEEDS to win just so he can take Arishem's shell/ armor and be called GALAN THE JUDGE and whenever he settles something he ends it with "SO SAYS GALACTUS!" and then silver surfer takes over Galactus' role/ armor and gets his own heralds.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nick_hero22
@AsgardianXeno929 said:
Galactus NEEDS to win just so he can take Arishem's shell/ armor and be called GALAN THE JUDGE and whenever he settles something he ends it with "SO SAYS GALACTUS!" and then silver surfer takes over Galactus' role/ armor and gets his own heralds.

Ya
IronMan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IronMan1234
@zvelf:   
  God I love that, anyway just no dude. Galactus would win. Even if he was having a serious case of the munchies, he would just use the UN and bye bye Arishem. Without it, he's on par if not equal to Eternity when he is fully fed...so Galactus ftw.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By difficlus
@zvelf said:
@Boobster said:

@zvelf said:

Galactus and Odin were in a mental battle with both straining and sweating furiously and the results was they were perfectly even. That's a stalemate. If you're saying the difference between Galactus and Odin's power level is Thor, well, the difference between Odin and Arishem is about a hundred Thors. 

By the way, I love Galactus as a character and think he's been treated miserably by Marvel, but it's that very miserable treatment that is canon, and I cannot deny that Arishem has looked significantly superior.
really its kinda WIS that Odin could do that, he shouldn't have stood a chance.  
@nick_hero22 said:
@AsgardianXeno929 said:
Ya
QFT
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bumnut
@akatspada said:
First Scenario: Galactus at 50% power. Second Scenario: Galactus at 100% power.
Just Galactus has just eaten, I find it pointless giving percentages.  Arishem for a hard fought victory.
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AsgardianXeno929
@difficlus said:
@zvelf said:
@Boobster said:

@zvelf said:

really its kinda WIS that Odin could do that, he shouldn't have stood a chance.  

I actually just read Mighty Thor #4 and I think that Odin actually has some sort of enhancements in his helmet.
No Caption Provided
It looks like the helmet serves as both a shield and an amplifier, and Odin is struggling much earlier than Galactus.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By difficlus
@AsgardianXeno929: And SS bombing to Thor in the space armor? I mean SS BOMBED! lol it was embarrassing when i read it. Whole comic is fully of WIS. 
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bumnut

Here is three, of the most powerfull skyfathers, standing in front of Arishem, and they did jack in the end, but bow to him after he threatend to cut off permanantly the gateways from each of there realms that access earth! All three skyfathers combined could do nothing to Arishem.  I know there is alot of pis/wis involved with Galactus, but in the end, on feats alone, Arishem or majority of Celestials take it.  All those skyfathers there that went to conront him (Arishem), namely Odin, Zeus and Vishnu, ended up conceding to Arishem and walked away as there was absolutely squat they could do to him, and they knew it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AsgardianXeno929
@difficlus: lol, yeah it was full of WIS, even I as a huge Thor Fanboy was like "How is Thor doing so well against him just because of space armor?" Another thing that wasn't shown is the fact that Thor has that Glowing wound, all they did was show Loki getting stuff to save his life, if Thor was going to be in grave danger, he shouldn't look like he's in such a great shape as he fights Surfer.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By difficlus
@AsgardianXeno929 said:
@difficlus: lol, yeah it was full of WIS, even I as a huge Thor Fanboy was like "How is Thor doing so well against him just because of space armor?" Another thing that wasn't shown is the fact that Thor has that Glowing wound, all they did was show Loki getting stuff to save his life, if Thor was going to be in grave danger, he shouldn't look like he's in such a great shape as he fights Surfer.
QFT. He should have been getting his ass whopped. Not "i didn't feel a thing" 
SS took down BRB with punches, one shotted Thor in cancerverse. why struggle here?
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AsgardianXeno929
@difficlus: Yup, it was very inconsistent  with his recent showings, does this take place before or after Fear itself? If after, the only way i could see this fight going this way is if Odin somehow absorbs all of serpents powers and gave some to Thor and/or Surfer Getting a huge downgrade by then.
zvelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zvelf

A fed Galactus has never shown power on Eternity's level. Galactus was stated to be fully fed when he fought Thanos and yet beating Thanos used up enough energy to make Galactus hungry. Galactus was fed when he fought Agamotto and the best he could do was stalemate him. I love Galactus, but he's just not that powerful. Here is a thread comparing him to Odin, complete with an exhaustive number of scans as evidence: 

http://comicboards.com/php/show.php?msg=comicbattles-2010073122244038

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By isaac_clarke
@zvelf said:

A fed Galactus has never shown power on Eternity's level. Galactus was stated to be fully fed when he fought Thanos and yet beating Thanos used up enough energy to make Galactus hungry. Galactus was fed when he fought Agamotto and the best he could do was stalemate him. I love Galactus, but he's just not that powerful. Here is a thread comparing him to Odin, complete with an exhaustive number of scans as evidence: 

http://comicboards.com/php/show.php?msg=comicbattles-2010073122244038

Nonsense you speak.

@AsgardianXeno929 said:
@difficlus: Yup, it was very inconsistent  with his recent showings, does this take place before or after Fear itself? If after, the only way i could see this fight going this way is if Odin somehow absorbs all of serpents powers and gave some to Thor and/or Surfer Getting a huge downgrade by then.
Before, thats why Odin wants the seed to avoid the Serpent's return. Thor's always been able to give the Surfer a fight, albeit he should be going down to that wound. That and the Surfer kept blabbing to him prompting to have Thor tell him to shut it. 

@difficlus
 said: 
QFT. He should have been getting his ass whopped. Not "i didn't feel a thing" SS took down BRB with punches, one shotted Thor in cancerverse. why struggle here?

Cancerverse Thor got back up, he was stunned and Beta Ray Bill gave him a fight just before being stunned by the board then taking 3+ enhanced strength punches to the face. 
The I didn't feel a thing was a trip from Earth to Mars, it's not like Norrin is slugging it out with him. Plus Beta Ray Bill is a different guy entirely, that might actually be weaker at this point.

@AsgardianXeno929 said: 
I actually just read Mighty Thor #4 and I think that Odin actually has some sort of enhancements in his helmet. It looks like the helmet serves as both a shield and an amplifier, and Odin is struggling much earlier than Galactus.
That is just telepathy.  
If Odin wanted a real amp, he has a special armor, call the Destroyer, that does the job.
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AsgardianXeno929
@isaac_clarke said:

Before, thats why Odin wants the seed to avoid the Serpent's return. Thor's always been able to give the Surfer a fight, albeit he should be going down to that wound. That and the Surfer kept blabbing to him prompting to have Thor tell him to shut it. 

OH ok, thanks. I read #s 1-3 and then read a whole bunch of older stuff (such as Thor: The Reigning and avengers disassembled) and was a little confused when I read #4 earlier today/yesterday. I was wondering when Surfer Would stop talking. One thing that I wonder is why Odin doesnt just tell Galactus his plans, they're both big boys.

@AsgardianXeno929 said: 
I actually just read Mighty Thor #4 and I think that Odin actually has some sort of enhancements in his helmet. It looks like the helmet serves as both a shield and an amplifier, and Odin is struggling much earlier than Galactus.
That is just telepathy.  If Odin wanted a real amp, he has a special armor, call the Destroyer, that does the job.  
              Lol. that's True.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By daak1212

Ehhh, Should I get Mighty Thor?  I was thinking about this a couple weeks before it came out like "How is asgard going to war against Galan and Surfer?  It dosent make sense"  now hearing this, Im not sure I wanna buy it.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By isaac_clarke
@AsgardianXeno929
Because it's all secret secret till the next book! 

@daak1212 said:
Ehhh, Should I get Mighty Thor?  I was thinking about this a couple weeks before it came out like "How is asgard going to war against Galan and Surfer?  It dosent make sense"  now hearing this, Im not sure I wanna buy it.
The thing I dislike is the complete disappearance of Donald Blake and Sif turning more so into Thor's fun time girl in bed. Sure she still gets her warrior moments where shes beating down giant monsters easily, but Thor's just being a dog thus far.
Outside that and Thor's complete lack of concern over his wound(like asking for his dad to fix or something would hurt right, There is a doctor inside you Thor!), Coipel's art is fantastic and the banter between Thor and Norrin is fun.  

Look at reviews and such online and ask around, just not on the battle forums. =P
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daak1212
@isaac_clarke: Haha yeah, She did have that moment in I think MT2-3 where she pretty much asked if she makes him hard anymore because he could preform because of the wound.
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheGodKiller

In an FF issue Galactus claimed that he was afraid of a potential confrontation with Franklin Richards. Since Franklin is stated by the Celestials themselves to be on par with them , therefore it's safe to presume that Galactus would not risk getting into a war with Arishem.
Of course if it's the Galactus who devoured his own Worldship or a Galactus with the Ultimate Nullifier ,then the outcome will be obvious.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Galactus.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jashro44

I found this scan what do you guys make of it? Its from the back of Thor #300.

No Caption Provided
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tron_bonne
@jashro44 said:
No Caption Provided
Yup, Celestials > Cosmics. 
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGodKiller
@tron_bonne: Hey , tron_bonne, would you and jashro44  support my belief that Franklin Richards(the Celestial level kid) would beat Galactus in the "Full power Galactus vs Franklin Richards" thread by TheMjolnirWielder . I really seem to be outnumbered by the number of Galactus fans despite the fact that I have provided scans in which Galactus himself claims that he is afraid of Franklin along with logical arguments to back up my claim. Your support would be much appreciated
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33  Edited By owie  Moderator

Although it doesn't really make sense to me in the cosmic scheme of things, I think the Celestials are probably more powerful than a normal Galactus.  It seems like Galactus, as a "brother" of Eternity and a creature who is important to the grand cosmic scheme of things, ought to be more powerful than Celestials, who are basically just aliens.  But a lot of people have given Galactus beatdowns or stalemated him, and I don't know if that has really happened more than once or twice with Celestials.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tron_bonne
@TheGodKiller said:
@tron_bonne: Hey , tron_bonne, would you and jashro44  support my belief that Franklin Richards(the Celestial level kid) would beat Galactus in the "Full power Galactus vs Franklin Richards" thread by TheMjolnirWielder . I really seem to be outnumbered by the number of Galactus fans despite the fact that I have provided scans in which Galactus himself claims that he is afraid of Franklin along with logical arguments to back up my claim. Your support would be much appreciated
That's going to be hard because all those Galactus fans are actually just one person 0_0. And he's such a hard headed person, I can't stand that guy! lol. I will wait for Jashro's responce 1st.
blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By blur99
@jashro44 said:

No Caption Provided
That is actually from Thor #306.  Its from the mail page.  A few of the letters voiced how mad they were about the whole Asgardians vs the Celestials outcome. 
The editors then stated that for the most part the Earth gods power was relative to peoples faith in them.  They explained that the Celestials were now the top of the Marvel food chain.     
I was too young to collect back then but I have a beat up copy of that issue.  It has Firelord on the cover.
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheGodKiller
@tron_bonne: Are you referring to the Boobster(among them he/she was the most pissed of about my choice) ?
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tron_bonne
@TheGodKiller said:
@tron_bonne: Are you referring to the Boobster(among them he/she was the most pissed of about my choice) ?
Booster is just one of his accounts. Watch, we'll pop up now that his name was mentioned lol.
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheGodKiller
@tron_bonne: Well his only response(s) were "You blind or what?" , "What the hell are you talking about?" etc.
Along with posting a scan from the What If? series "Last Planet Standing"  in  which  a couple of cosmics(including LT) gang up on Galactus.
(That whole series is non-cannon by the way and was filled with WIS). 

When I pointed out this fallacy to him all his response was : "It's cannon cuz LT is multiversal. No matter how you cry" or something like that.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jashro44
@TheGodKiller said:
I don't know enough about Franklin to say if he is more powerful then galactus sorry. That is gonna be very tough to prove also since Galactus has more experience then Franklin.
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheGodKiller
@zvelf: That's a great comparison . I was thinking more along the lines:
If Odin is a snow leopard, then Galactus is a Siberian tiger and Arishem is a T-Rex.
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheGodKiller
@jashro44: In Heroes Reborn , Ashema the Celestial admitted that Franklin was on par with the Celestials and was the culmination of their genetic experiments. Furthermore Doom implied that Franklin's power was perhaps even greater than the Celestials when he claimed that he would deal with the Celestials once he had taken Franklin's power. 
Since you believe that Celestials are above than Galactus , therefore I was hoping you would root for me.
Anyways , still thanks for posting the reply to my request.

Also the Heroes Reborn Universe had it's own Galactus . This version had multiple heralds and all were worshiped by the Inhumans of that reality. I hope this helps.
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tron_bonne
@TheGodKiller said:
@tron_bonne: Well his only response(s) were "You blind or what?" , "What the hell are you talking about?" etc. Along with posting a scan from the What If? series "Last Planet Standing"  in  which  a couple of cosmics(including LT) gang up on Galactus. (That whole series is non-cannon by the way and was filled with WIS).  When I pointed out this fallacy to him all his response was : "It's cannon cuz LT is multiversal. No matter how you cry" or something like that.
Well yes, LT is Multiversal, but he needs to understand that there are countless of Galactus per each universe. Some are dead, some are so weak and beaten they need help to feed, and others are as powerful as "Last Planet Standing", but that Galactus had prep and he was amped by HOTU or something. Ultimately Galactus gets stronger when he eats, but when there's nothing to supply him well being and nourished anymore, he gets weakened. He likes to hang out on Cyttorak threads or anything that has to do with the supernatural along with Galactus name. He really hates Cyttorak. lol
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheGodKiller
@tron_bonne: I agree that LT is multiversal , but that still doesn't make a What If? series cannon especially considering the fact that this particular series completely deviated from the established capabilities of the Tribunal . And all cosmics(including LT) got destroyed when they attempted to attack Galactus , not by GALACTUS BUT BY A TRANSDIMENSIONAL CANNON MADE AND USED BY REED(that is WIS as I stated before).
And from what I have heard isn't the Prime(616) Galactus the strongest version out there? Remember how Abraxas was killing of all the Galacti
of different realities and when he met the 616-version he practically shat his pants(or robes or whatever the hell he was wearing).
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tron_bonne
@TheGodKiller said:
@tron_bonne: I agree that LT is multiversal , but that still doesn't make a What If? series cannon especially considering the fact that this particular series completely deviated from the established capabilities of the Tribunal . And all cosmics(including LT) got destroyed when they attempted to attack Galactus , not by GALACTUS BUT BY A TRANSDIMENSIONAL CANNON MADE AND USED BY REED(that is WIS as I stated before). And from what I have heard isn't the Prime(616) Galactus the strongest version out there? Remember how Abraxas was killing of all the Galacti of different realities and when he met the 616-version he practically shat his pants(or robes or whatever the hell he was wearing).
WIS. That's when a writer doesn't do their homework. lol. Yes, the 616 is the strongest, but he can also be the weakest. Like I said before, Galactus purpose in the universe is to be the scale that balances everything equal in the cosmos and that also includes himself. Galactus is like a demi abstract. He a physical being that has to live constantly being chased by Death so he's always looking over his shoulder. But he has a spirit too and that spirit is an abstract that doesn't need food or anything like that because it is one with the cosmos (Power Cosmics). Galactus in general ultimately needs nurishment or he will die. So let's say Galactus hits 100% full power. Now what? How long can he keep that power for? If he uses one blast to destroy the whole universe then that's it, he can't fire any other blast. He exerted himself. There are forces of Marvel that can destroy a universe multiple times without ever getting weakened or exerted. Galactus is not among them. Galactus was beaten by Aegis and Tenebous once, and those guys are mediocre compared to the weakest Celestials. So aside from Sue Richard's power (Her powers are directly linked to the source of the Celestials), the only other powers in the Omniverse that could hurt a Celestial is the Infinity Gauntlet or the HOTU. Cosmic powers won't work on Celestials because Cosmic Powers are basic physics.
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheGodKiller
@tron_bonne: Yeah I know WIS = Writer Induced Stupidity.Chaos War was full of it , Fear Itself was full of it and the current Mighty Thor series is full of it.
Well from what I have seen Sue only managed destroy his physical form(complete PIS btw) , but there were hints given by Marvel that Exitar was still alive somewhere in Hyperspace and will probably return in some future comic regarding the Celestials . 
At full power Galactus becomes a Universe-buster , that's exactly the point I tried to put forward to Boobster along with the fact that Franklin is already at a unverse-busting/creating level at such a young age.But he just didn't listen.
Well yeah I agree that on-panel only the IG and HOTU have been shown to completely destroy a Celestial although I believe that the UN too should be capable of doing this. 
However I don't think that Galactus would risk bringing the UN into the equation even if his life depended on it.
So it all comes to power vs power. 
And don't forget that the Heroes Reborn Universe had it's own Galactus . And Heroes Reborn was created by Franklin Richards.
zvelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zvelf

Galactus fans love to argue that Galactus is so powerful because he should be based on his importance to the universe, not that he is so powerful because he is shown to be. I'm a Galactus fan, but come on, the guy unfortunately has been beaten over and over again.

Wishful thinking does not an argument make. Evidence is what you need. Now Galactus has never fought a Celestial in 616 continuity, but they have had mutual foes. Thor has ever been able to hurt Galactus, both in their first fight, in FF #243, and their latest in Mighty Thor #4, but Thor has never been able to do much against Celestials. He absorbed the power of a planet into Mjolnir and hit Arishem with it for no effect. Thor made Galactus flee with the godblast, but it only made Exitar notice him. Ego the Living Planet has beaten Galactus, yet a newborn Celestial was able to conquer Ego. Cosmic cube entities have said that Celestials are many orders of magnitude more powerful than they are, but Reed Richards using a cosmic cube was able to defeat Dr. Doom with Galactus' power. Most recently, Odin was able to knock out Galactus briefly, but he couldn't do anything to Arishem when Odin had Zeus and Vishnu at his side. Scans for most of the above evidence can be found here:

http://www.comicboards.com/php/show.php?msg=comicbattles-2010062822451345

I'm sorry, but Galactus just has overall lower showings than Celestials, and one of the reasons why is stated in the editorial page posted before. At least initially, Celestials were created to be above Galactus, and Galactus' win-loss record isn't that wonderful. G alactus keeps getting outsmarted by Reed Richards, needed Thor and Hercules' help to defeat Ego, got chronic indigestion from the Impossible Man, got beaten by Dire Wraiths, got beaten by Thor, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, and the FF, had Dr. Doom steal his power twice, was nearly killed by the Elders of the Universe (only to be saved by the Surfer), was beaten by Alpha Flight and the Avengers in another dimension, was embarrassed by Adam Warlock in front of Galactus' cosmic peers, was beaten by the Rachel Summers Phoenix, was bounced across the landscape by Thanos, got beaten by Aegis and Tenebrous and made Annihilus' captive, was nearly starved to death by Beta Ray Bill, and was poisoned by a son of Hulk. The Celestials in all their existence have only had two low showings - when Exitar was destroyed by the Invisible Woman through a plot device and when Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force and the psi-energy of a planet pushed back a Celestial host. Finally, Galactus was shown as being afraid of the Dreaming Celestial, so the preponderance of evidence points to Celestials being more powerful than Galactus.
TheGodKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheGodKiller

@blur99 said:

No Caption Provided
@jashro44 said:

That is actually from Thor #306. Its from the mail page. A few of the letters voiced how mad they were about the whole Asgardians vs the Celestials outcome. The editors then stated that for the most part the Earth gods power was relative to peoples faith in them. They explained that the Celestials were now the top of the Marvel food chain. I was too young to collect back then but I have a beat up copy of that issue. It has Firelord on the cover.

I think that this reason was rather insufficient and illogical on Marvel's part . By this logic , Vishnu should be the most powerful skyfather among Earths pantheons as Hinduism has nearly 999 million followers and is the 3rd largest religion on this planet (along with being one of the fastest growing) , and compare this to the pagan religions that are represented by the other skyfathers like Odin and Zeus which are practically non existent today, and you would get the level of faith in Vishnu many orders of magnitude greater than that in all the other skyfathers(Odin and Zeus included) combined. Even if take into account the timeline in which this comic was published , Hinduism was pushing at no less than 900 million followers . So it doesn't make any sense.

Thus this type of reasoning is flawed , and Marvel should have just outright admitted (which they indirectly did, I accept)that the Celestials just plain outclassed the skyfathers , instead of giving such a pathetic excuse for the man made gods in order to avoid hurting the egos of the Thor fanboys.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By TifaLockhart

You all know my answer...

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CharlieJade

@AsgardianXeno929: And SS bombing to Thor in the space armor? I mean SS BOMBED! lol it was embarrassing when i read it. Whole comic is fully of WIS.

Surfer was in-character

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zvelf: it's two years too late to correct you but anyway Galactus is above celestials because

1- Galactus one shot two of the 4 mad celestials host

2- You say Galactus is afraid of the Dreaming Celestial I say Galactus killed him in the MC2 arc

3- You say Ego stalemate Galan I say it took 1000 celestials to fight Super Ego his brother

3- You say Annihilus captured G, I say Galactus engine wiped out the entire celestial race. annihilation wave was also one shot by G