Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireStarLord73194

Piotr was led to believe that kitty pryde was kidnapped by the straw hats. He’s pissed and lookin for his girl. Luffy steps up and the two begin to fight. Who wins?

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would you make this let alone bump it?

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: because some people believe the thing would beat luffy and in most circles colossus is equal to the thing

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/g4-luffy-vs-thing-1976257/#js-message-2 and it was actually a pretty close fight and healthy debate so I doubt this fight should be much different

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: Piotr isn't equal to Ben when you actually compare their individual feats. And even if you think Ben and Piotr are equals Luffy doesn't need gear 4th to hurt either. Which makes this mismatch when you take into account the massive speed & precog advantage Luffy has.

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SkySanji

Luffy sauces

MASSIVE sped advantage and precog gg

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: if that’s what u think man, both Ben and piotr have slugged it out with WWH and took his punches so I’m pretty sure he can tank some of luffys strongest punches

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A guy who can trade blows with Red Hulk... against Luffy. Mismatch.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's Luffy vs a really durable punching bag and the fight is over either when Luffy gets too tired to move or Colossus gets knocked out. I say punching bag because that's pretty much what Piotr is since he can't touch Luffy.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Colossus wins.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus wins.

Coming from a guy who thinks you need cosmic awareness to dodge a thunder clap :P

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Luffy's precog is probably enough to counter that since he can basically see in the future. I didn't know what kind of precog we were talking about when I said that. If he just senses danger like Naruto or Spider-Man's precog then I'd say that's not enough.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SocaJunkie

@noone1996 said:

@socajunkie: Luffy's precog is probably enough to counter that since he can basically see in the future. I didn't know what kind of precog we were talking about when I said that. If he just senses danger like Naruto or Spider-Man's precog then I'd say that's not enough.

That's fair, his precog evolved from move prediction to event future sight. For example normal CoO reads the opponent's mind and projects an image of what they're going to do next into the user's head but Katakuri and now Luffy's future sight is event up to a few seconds, so it can be the next move but also things like a bomb going off or what someone's going to say.

Pretty much everyone in One Piece in the New World who's decently strong has the first type.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Yeah that's pretty OP precognition. Since it looks into their head would you say that it's maybe a form of low end telepathy? Kind of like Mister X? If so, wouldn't resistance to TP be enough to counter that? Either way, I still maintain that avoiding a thunderclap would require a little more than seeing it coming since you'd have to come up with a specific strategy to counter it too (outrunning and evading the range of it). I just think that with Luffy's current precog he'd figure out that strategy easier than without it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's Luffy vs a really durable punching bag and the fight is over either when Luffy gets too tired to move or Colossus gets knocked out. I say punching bag because that's pretty much what Piotr is since he can't touch Luffy.

This is a stalemate. Luffy cannot hurt Colossus. He has thrown down with people a lot stronger than Luffy

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: @noone1996: Observation Haki doesn't read minds it reads spiritual energy. That's a big difference when comparing One Piece characters to marvel characters since it's common to have TP resistance in marvel. I would say haki is more similar to soul reading since souls are a different force but can still show a characters intended actions.

No Caption Provided

Although I can see where that misconception would stem from since Luffy was reacting to Enel on pure reflex.

felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate til Luffy is tired.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Could you post some scans showing Luffy's damage output? Curious to see how he could put down Colossus (let alone Ben), especially without gear 4th.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity:

Although I can see where that misconception would stem from since Luffy was reacting to Enel on pure reflex.

It's straight up explained that because he wasn't thinking, his movements couldn't be predicted:

No Caption Provided

It's not full blown TP but there's clearly a telepathic element, if all it did was read spiritual energy, switching off your mind and operating on reflex wouldn't do anything to prevent someone's CoO from kicking in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy being able to put down Colossus in gear second is an absolute joke, by the way

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy being able to put down Colossus in gear second is an absolute joke, by the way

Luffy being able to put Colossus down period is an absolute joke.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Yeah which is why I noted that, but soul reading has the exact same mechanics without calling it mind reading. Plus Oda then goes on to state spiritual energy which isn't comparable to mental energy (psionics) in marvel.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Could you post some scans showing Luffy's damage output? Curious to see how he could put down Colossus (let alone Ben), especially without gear 4th.

I'll upload scans later.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What quantifiable feats does Colossus have to justify this? Kinda feels like his whole reputation on the vine is based around presumably being on par with Thing and Namor despite having few fights with them. And I guess that time he gave Gladiator a lot of trouble but that seems more like an anti-feat for Gladiator.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SocaJunkie

@mr_ingenuity said:

@socajunkie: Yeah which is why I noted that, but soul reading has the exact same mechanics without calling it mind reading. Plus Oda then goes on to state spiritual energy which isn't comparable to mental energy (psionics) in marvel.

Just concede that there's a damn telepathic element, if thinking is a component then it's there.

No, I agree it isn't the same as psionics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:
@decaf_wizard said:

What quantifiable feats does Colossus have to justify this? Kinda feels like his whole reputation on the vine is based around presumably being on par with Thing and Namor despite having few fights with them. And I guess that time he gave Gladiator a lot of trouble but that seems more like an anti-feat for Gladiator.

Colossus has tanked or took hits from a whole lot worse than Thing and Namor. He has virtually no sold hits from Iron Man, and consistantly throws down with Juggernaught, and although he loses that solidly basically every time he takes a lot of hits. He has also fought Hulk at least once to my knowledge, although he didn't win that either

He has also done really well against Thor, but thats arguably an outlier. He also whipped She Hulk and traded blows with Red Hulk

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus has tanked or took hits from a whole lot worse than Thing and Namor. He has virtually no sold hits from Iron Man, and consistantly throws down with Juggernaught, and although he loses that basically every other time he takes a lot of hits. He has also fought Hulk a few times

When did he no-sell Iron Man? What armor did Tony use?

I specified quantifiable feats. Unquantifiable feats against powerhouses don't prove enough when street level characters have performed similar feats and different writers have different ideas about how powerful the characters are in the first place. Also Hulk has proved he can twist Piotr's arms like a pretzel when he really wants to.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has also done quite well against Thor, but thats arguably an outlier

When did that happen? Do you have scans or at least an issue number?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Over my dead body. :P

Haki is closer to chi in marvel than anything.

No Caption Provided

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Over my dead body. :P

Haki is closer to chi in marvel than anything.

You're so stubborn.

Thinking is a factor therefore telepathic element.

It's basic maths.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:
@decaf_wizard said:

Colossus has tanked or took hits from a whole lot worse than Thing and Namor. He has virtually no sold hits from Iron Man, and consistantly throws down with Juggernaught, and although he loses that basically every other time he takes a lot of hits. He has also fought Hulk a few times

When did he no-sell Iron Man? What armor did Tony use?

I specified quantifiable feats. Unquantifiable feats against powerhouses don't prove enough when street level characters have performed similar feats and different writers have different ideas about how powerful the characters are in the first place. Also Hulk has proved he can twist Piotr's arms like a pretzel when he really wants to.

>Beaten Red Hulk in a trade of blows
>Stomped She Hulk

These are not unquantifiable feats

>Took multiple hits from Juggernaut consistantly.

This is not a feat street levelers could replicate, nor is it unquantifiable

As for the Iron Man one, I honestly dont remember.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Fite me (ง •̀_•́)ง

Telepathic element isn't mutually exclusive to mind reading tho. You could argue Power Man (Victor) has a telepathic element but he isn't mind reading he's chi reading.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scaling is unquantifiable. That's not debatable.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Fite me (ง •̀_•́)ง

Telepathic element isn't mutually exclusive to mind reading tho. You could argue Power Man (Victor) has a telepathic element but he isn't mind reading he's chi reading.

Ok, let's compromise. I was...wrong to call it mind reading, but there is a telepathic element.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man has done the same thing honestly. The reason this isn't quantafiable is because sometimes when bricks tag weaker characters plot prevents there hits from impacting with maximum force...Similar to how plot lets faster characters get tagged by slower characters. Characters like batman have also taken hits from power houses on several occasions but that doesn't mean he is no selling hits from bane and deathstroke.

Taking hits from characters above your weight class just isn't measurable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@decaf_wizard said:

Spider-man has done the same thing honestly. The reason this isn't quantafiable is because sometimes when bricks tag weaker characters plot prevents there hits from impacting with maximum force...Similar to how plot lets faster characters get tagged by slower characters. Characters like batman have also taken hits from power houses on several occasions but that doesn't mean he is no selling hits from bane and deathstroke.

Taking hits from characters above your weight class just isn't measurable.

I guess I will have to disagree with that on some level. Like for the example of Red Hulk, who as far as I know rarely holds back

Colossus doesn't have a lot of outright no-selling feats because honestly he isn't that strong. So I dont know any other way to measure his durability

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard:

I guess I will have to disagree with that on some level. Like for the example of Red Hulk, who as far as I know rarely holds back

I think the issue here is your looking at things from an internal logic perspective. But the thing with comics is that there are a lot of external factors that can impact a showing. A writer needing something to happen for the sake of plot, a writer being forced to write a character they don't know much about, or a writer not doing proper research.

Now I didn't address the red hulk example because if colossus beat him, I think its fair he can scale off of him. I was mostly addressing taking hits from juggernaut because the point being street levelers do take hits from power houses. All though I would imagine colossus being portrayed above red hulk would be inconsistent. I know red hulk has kind of become a jobber but I still would think he is above the likes of the thing, colossus, etc. Unless he's fallen further than I know.

Colossus doesn't have a lot of outright no-selling feats because honestly he isn't that strong. So I dont know any other way to measure his durability

Well he does have measurable feats. I don't see why we can't use those.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Toratorn

Top tier argument: "it's not impressive because once upon a time Spider-Man did that too". I guess beating the shit out of heralds of Galactus (no relation to Colossus or the topic at hand) is not impressive now as well, since Spider-Man wrecked Firelord, right?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@jashro44: @decaf_wizard: The only fight I remember Piotr winning against Red Hulk is when he was amped with the Crimson Gem making him the Juggernaut. Even then Piotr had to undergo a second transformation and with that this was all written by Bendis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @decaf_wizard: The only fight I remember Piotr winning against Red Hulk is when he was amped with the Crimson Gem making him the Juggernaut. Even then Piotr had to undergo a second transformation and with that this was all written by Bendis.

I am fairly sure they fought at least once before. I wouldn't use that scenario, nor anything written by Bendis

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Alright assuming they fought any time other than AvX your point isn't the same. Since you claimed "Beaten Red Hulk in a trade of blows." Which doesn't add up since that's the only time I remember him winning.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#44 god_spawn  Moderator
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#45 god_spawn  Moderator

@mr_ingenuity: Bendis had a mostly off panel fight with Piotr and Red Hulk which didn’t show much. Aside from that, Kieron Gillen had the fight with a Colossus going Juggernaut before entering a 2nd form to gain an upper hand. Their only other fight was in A vs X where Rulk BFR’d an already Juggernaut transformed Colossus so he could fight the Thing instead.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the only time I remember colossus beating red hulk as well.

@toratorn said:

Top tier argument: "it's not impressive because once upon a time Spider-Man did that too". I guess beating the shit out of heralds of Galactus (no relation to Colossus or the topic at hand) is not impressive now as well, since Spider-Man wrecked Firelord, right?

Well do you believe Luffy can't knock out spider-man? I mean he took hits from juggernaut...

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers vs X-Men #2 (there was a huge gap between two last scans). The fight continued in Uncanny X-Men #11, where Colossis turned into Juggernaut.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Well do you believe Luffy can't knock out spider-man? I mean he took hits from juggernaut...

No I don't. Stop using red herrings to hide the fact that your argument boils down to "Spider-Man did it too so it doesn't count".

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:
@mr_ingenuity said:

Avengers vs X-Men #2 (there was a huge gap between two last scans). The fight continued in Uncanny X-Men #11, where Colossis turned into Juggernaut.

He still had the gem at the time. The gem amps him even when he's not full transformed.

OP doesn't say Colossonaut so that shouldn't be the version used here.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Toratorn

@sy8000: proof or scans stating that gem amps him even in base? Because he was explicitly shown to need to transform to use Juggernaut's powers. Hell, Piotr said himself that he stays in Colossus from to resist Juggernaut's powers.