Full Page Scan Policy

• 140 results
#51 Posted by Pipxeroth (9729 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, this time every single one of my scans stayed there. Clearly editing the post has some kind of effect. Specifically I did a full edit on that last post.

#52 Posted by Pipxeroth (9729 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright my last test for the night (late here), going to try no edit vs regular edit vs full edit, so sorry in advance about the multiple posts.

No edit

No Caption Provided

#53 Edited by Pipxeroth (9729 posts) - - Show Bio

Normal edit

Editing
Editing

#54 Edited by Pipxeroth (9729 posts) - - Show Bio

Full edit

Full edit
Full edit

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#55 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: Does this mean we have to delete every single one of the thousands of none cropped scans in our galleries from CaV's, battle threads and the like?

Essentially but I do not consider this very feasible. As I stated, we are not grandfathered in. My suggestion is to make sure you are compliant with the rule for all of your current debates. If you are not currently breaking the rules there's no reason you should be caught for previously breaking them.

#56 Posted by Subline (9341 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP Feats.

#57 Posted by TakenStew22 (4490 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna forget about this rule ALOT.

#58 Posted by Battle123axe (9505 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: what about already posted respect threads? SHould we delete the scas from them too? Like this a joint RT between me and TBD

#59 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: what about already posted respect threads? SHould we delete the scas from them too? Like this a joint RT between me and TBD

We aren't grandfathered in and this does apply to respect threads as well. TDB already has his gallery erased but you may want to check your contributions.

Also, until we determine what the issue is here, you should probably not edit that thread. It may disrupt the scans.

#60 Posted by Lil_Remains (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Let’s ban scans altogether. Just describe the page.

#61 Edited by Andromeda101 (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet Jesus...I'm not even a bit anxious to edit my RT's, so I can't begin to imagine what will be for other users with dozens of them.

#62 Posted by Noone1996 (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

They gotta blame somebody for their lack of sales.

#63 Posted by the_red_viper (12888 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by Toratorn (8277 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: too much work. I wanna see my goddamn images without unnecessary body movements.

#65 Posted by the_red_viper (12888 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Then buy the comic so you can look at them all day long.

#66 Posted by Toratorn (8277 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: how about you all actually do your job and fix your shitty bug infested site instead?

#67 Posted by the_red_viper (12888 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by jashro44 (54824 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: The mods don't fix bugs. Only staff can.

#69 Posted by Lsoon23 (950 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they actually came after comicvine before or is this just a precaution?

#70 Edited by Pipxeroth (9729 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: @toratorn:

Right-click and press "open in new tab". The image will be there.

Why do you people keep saying this? I'll repeat myself yet again, I already know you can do this because it's been this way for years, but the bug was purported as fixed in the OP when clearly whomever fixed it didn't even wait a few hours to see if it actually worked.

#71 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: So the only ones that really remain are the ones you labeled "Posted from previous uploads". Can you tell me what that means? Are those images still in your gallery?

#72 Posted by Pipxeroth (9729 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: I mean I used this option to put them into the post (I was checking for differences between the uploading options)

No Caption Provided

As it happens though I forgot to remove them from my gallery, lol. I'll actually delete them now though because I want to check what happens if you remove an image after the post has been around for a while.

Either way this whole thing is just confusing now, because all the images I used to test edits earlier lasted for more than an hour then disappeared sometime after that, and in my last main post all of the full size images got removed and it seemed like all the stacked ones stayed, except for some reason the 2nd image in my 'from URL' stacked image test disappeared but literally none of the others did?

#73 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: I've noticed that sometimes I click on of the thumbnails and the image appears and I'll click that exact same image again and it will appear broken not five seconds later.

Sigh. You are correct in that it looks like this was not fixed. I've put a disclaimer in my post and I will talk to the engineers and see what they say.

#74 Posted by Thedailybagel (12944 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: all of my scans are gone, dude. Even Matt assured me that wouldn’t happen.

#75 Edited by Warlockmage (9480 posts) - - Show Bio

so is CV gonna be providing us a delete all button for our image galleries or is this just CV's way of screwing over anyone who has been on the battle boards for more than 3 months?

because i can only go through about 40 images any more than that and they don't all get deleted and its extremely time consuming with the near 7000 images in my gallery at 40 a pop and lets say thats 5 minutes for deleting 40 images . Thats almost 14 hours i would have to spend continuously just deleting images

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
#76 Posted by deactivated-5d07416730d08 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this is getting annoying.

#77 Posted by HigherPower (12407 posts) - - Show Bio

This rule is going to kill the site faster than whatever "legal authority" is responsible for its creation.

#79 Posted by Lan_Fan (18121 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: What if we just cut the scan in half and put them side by side?

#80 Edited by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@majinblackheart: What if we just cut the scan in half and put them side by side?

That's a cropped image so it's fine.

In fact, everyone please look at my latest post that follows the rules 100%. I was still able to maintain my style and utilize CV's format, the whole appealing part of debating on this site.

It can be done and it really wasn't that much work for me.

#81 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

so is CV gonna be providing us a delete all button for our image galleries or is this just CV's way of screwing over anyone who has been on the battle boards for more than 3 months?

because i can only go through about 40 images any more than that and they don't all get deleted and its extremely time consuming with the near 7000 images in my gallery at 40 a pop and lets say thats 5 minutes for deleting 40 images . Thats almost 14 hours i would have to spend continuously just deleting images

My best advice is if you don't break the rules in the future there's no need to look at what you've done in the past.

#82 Posted by Warlockmage (9480 posts) - - Show Bio

This rule is going to kill the site faster than whatever "legal authority" is responsible for its creation.

yeah its admirable that CV is choosing the "slow painful suicide" option

Avatar image for professorrespect
#83 Posted by ProfessorRespect (7927 posts) - - Show Bio

Get the staff to fix the website first

Oh wait, they nearly all left years ago

#84 Posted by FaradaySloth (11912 posts) - - Show Bio

Has there ever been an incident where the companies complain to CV or is this just that we're being paranoid if it does happen?

Avatar image for professorrespect
#85 Posted by ProfessorRespect (7927 posts) - - Show Bio

Has there ever been an incident where the companies complain to CV or is this just that we're being paranoid if it does happen?

This is basically paranoia, yes.

I would at least consider it when CV was at its prime (2009 to like, 2014) but considering that's long gone past, it's far beyond a decent rationalisation at this point

#86 Posted by Warlockmage (9480 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth said:

This is basically paranoia, yes.

I would at least consider it when CV was at its prime (2009 to like, 2014) but considering that's long gone past, it's far beyond a decent rationalisation at this point

im pretty sure Disney raised a stink when it bought marvel in the 09-14 era back when CV was at its prime like Regatta said, but i think this new edition to the rules is paranoia or Disney is really being a buncha c--ts

#87 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to stress that everyone should crop images rather than post full pages scans. Most feats can be ascertained by looking at a few panels, not entire pages.

I know it sucks, but it is what it is.

#88 Edited by Warlockmage (9480 posts) - - Show Bio

or, and im just throwing this out here... upload everything to a google drive account, you are allotted 15 gigs of space free (should be more than enough for scans) and it basically keeps it exactly how your organized and it allows you to put share links in... don't waste literally days of your life going through and properly cropping each single page you have saved (which for me comes somewhere around 14,000) just to comply with a BS rule.

#89 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17485 posts) - - Show Bio

#90 Posted by Owie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

Folks, it's not that hard. It's easy to upload everything to Imgur, or Google Drive like warlockmage suggests, and just use links instead of dropping images in directly to the post. Plus, it makes your post load way faster, and gets rid of all the formatting problems images create.

As far as I can tell, this just makes it so you have to put any full-page image on a link, instead of the old three-page situation. (I know that technically you can pt a full page in the post if it's not in your gallery, but from all the technical glitches I just read through above, using links seems way easier.

#91 Posted by Mr_Conspiracy (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: Hello, I apologize in advance if this has been asked already, but what about video games? I was planning on making a thread detailing the powers and abilities of a few VG characters but after reading this I'm not sure whether it would be allowed to stay, I guess what I'm asking is, is it okay to continue with my plans to make a few threads pertaining to VG characters or not?

#92 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_conspiracy: This only applies to comic/manga full page scans. Anytime from games or movies is fine but it would apply to any comic/manga adaptions of those characters.

#93 Posted by Jacthripper (15017 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realize this has been a rule for years now...

#94 Posted by SMXLR8 (6967 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: does this rule apply to all and any comic or manga cause there are comics that are free to read and are finished so does it still count?

I’m just trying to understand all aspects of this for clarification

#95 Edited by zgtfreak (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart So now instead of quickly pasting in a URL for an image, uploading it from my desktop, or clicking previous images that I've already uploaded to my gallery to re-post said images in different threads quickly... we now have to download each individual image and crop it for every single little thing AND either go all the way to our gallery to delete the images we just uploaded, or go to an entirely different site to upload the pages just to link it here? This is the opposite of user friendly. 3 full scans per issue isn't cutting it. You fail to realize that full pages (ESPECIALLY in manga) consist of nothing but the entire fight/feat, meaning you'd need to upload the full page to show what you are debating for, and 3 usually isn't going to be enough. Hell, I'm especially screwed since I debate Umineko, and entire manga pages of it are the fight/feats themselves, and each chapter is like 80 pages; so the "3 full pages per issue/chapter" isn't helping me at all. And this rule restricting VNs as well doesn't help me for the VN side of it either. In the end, you are just being the opposite of user friendly, and this hurts Vine. What is stopping people from packing their bags and moving to other more lenient/user friendly sites that have been around just as long as Vine? If you get restrictive like this, you are essentially offering less than other battle boards due to being more restrictive, which will start making people migrate there. I'm not saying I will (I'm not sure), but others may.

Also... Comicvine's increasing popularity? Like the user earlier said: "What year is this?"

Edit: Comicvine's popularity has gone down massively over the years. So why care now of all times to enforce this rule?

No Caption Provided

#96 Edited by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8 said:

@majinblackheart: does this rule apply to all and any comic or manga cause there are comics that are free to read and are finished so does it still count?

I’m just trying to understand all aspects of this for clarification

I'm going to assume you mean actually free and not pirated sites with free in the title...

The rule does not apply to public domain material.

I can't actually think of any other instance of this from major publishers except maybe Free Comic Book Day issues. If some creator or publisher actually releases all of their content for free I suppose there would be no limit, but at the same time us moderators would not know that. It would just seem like you are breaking the rule. I imagine in a case like that if you did choose to post them you might want to add some type of disclaimer or credit to the material so we would know.

#97 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@zgtfreak: I'll start at the bottom and work my way back up.

Also... Comicvine's increasing popularity? Like the user earlier said: "What year is this?"

I believe the rule was established in the very beginning of 2015 if not the end of 2014. Regardless, while the increase in popularity was a cause in creating the rule, a decrease in popularity does not make the rule defunct. Just because the site isn't booming like the old days doesn't make it more legal to do.

So now instead of quickly pasting in a URL for an image, uploading it from my desktop, or clicking previous images that I've already uploaded to my gallery to re-post said images in different threads quickly... we now have to download each individual image and crop it for every single little thing AND either go all the way to our gallery to delete the images we just uploaded, or go to an entirely different site to upload the pages just to link it here? This is the opposite of user friendly. 3 full scans per issue isn't cutting it.

Sounds like you are oblivious to the rule in the first place. I suggest you check out the site rules for any others you have missed.

You do not have to remove cropped images from your gallery and as I have noted, deleting them from the gallery is not ideal as the site bug is not fixed as we were all led to believe.

You fail to realize that full pages (ESPECIALLY in manga) consist of nothing but the entire fight/feat, meaning you'd need to upload the full page to show what you are debating for, and 3 usually isn't going to be enough. Hell, I'm especially screwed since I debate Umineko, and entire manga pages of it are the fight/feats themselves, and each chapter is like 80 pages; so the "3 full pages per issue/chapter" isn't helping me at all.

It may surprise you, but this rule wasn't made with you or any other single user in mind. It is a legal issue. I will also point out that before every scan in the universe was available on the internet, debating was done with words and very few scans. We would debate with knowledge, not pictures. In all the debates I have done I can't recall a single instance where I needed to post an entire fight.

In the end, you are just being the opposite of user friendly, and this hurts Vine. What is stopping people from packing their bags and moving to other more lenient/user friendly sites that have been around just as long as Vine?

Absolutely nothing. It's called the freedom of the internet. I happen to find other forums unreadable and hideous.

So why care now of all times to enforce this rule?

Because two debaters just got banned and their entire debate history is basically ruined. The rule was not being interpreted correctly. I would like to prevent that if possible. The rule is clear now. I don't want to hear from the next user who gets hit that it wasn't.

#98 Edited by SMXLR8 (6967 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart: well free as in the entire comic is on their website , finished or on going

#99 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: Can you link me an example?

#100 Posted by SMXLR8 (6967 posts) - - Show Bio