#1 Posted by Jooosh1996 (2759 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2 - Deadpool (@avatarofdeath) vs Ryu (@ljayg)

No Caption Provided

3 posts each...

1. Introduction
  2. Counter
  3. Conclusion

Once all posts have been submitted i will open for judges to vote on who won, the majority vote takes the match and goes to the next stage...

Rules

• Win via KO/Death (Everyone is killable)
  • Random encounter
  • No prep/knowledge
  • Both are serious and willing to kill
  • 7 day limit for replies from when the last person posted

Judges

Arena

No Caption Provided

Decide between yourselves who goes first...

#2 Posted by Jooosh1996 (2759 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg; Do you want to go first or should I?

#4 Posted by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg: Alright I'll work on it tomorrow.

#6 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool: The Merc with the Mouth

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Deadpool is a mercenary/assassin who developed cancer at some point in his life leading him to join the Weapon X program. They experimented on him hoping to cure him but it just caused horrendous scabs to grow on his skin, as a result, they sent him the Hospice. The Hospice is a place where washed up lab experiments go to get tortured/experimented on and during his time here Deadpool eventually fell in love with Mistress Death as he brought to the brink of death so many times. He eventually ends up killing his friend to prevent him from suffering (he was lobotomized) and due to this was scheduled to be executed. His executioner, Ajax, tore Deadpool's heart out and killing him. This caused his healing factor to kick in and Deadpool came back to life to break out of Hospice and lead his life as a mercenary.

Strength

While most would consider Deadpool's strength level to be peak human the wiki has him at a 2 tonner level. He also has feats that back up the wiki so I would call him lightly superhuman.

Some examples of strength feats for Deadpool:

• While pretending to be Spider-Man he pulls two pilots out of a helicopter and redirects the helicopter's direction with only his physical strength.
  • Deadpool was able to snap a man's neck using only two fingers.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Striking

Deadpool has a pretty solid level of striking ability as he regularly has to go hand to hand with various superhuman heroes and villains.

Some striking feats:

• Was able to knockout Madcap with one punch, Madcap has no sense of pain and heals as fast or faster than Deadpool.
  • Can cut through robots easily using his katanas.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Durability

Although not well recognized Deadpool does have a fairly high level of durability.

• He can take blows from the Hulk without being turned into paste.
  • He can stay conscious after taking a stated building level rocket.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Healing Factor

Mainly what Deadpool is known for, his healing factor makes him nigh-unkillable. I won't go into great detail here but here are some feats for him.

• Deadpool has regenerated from a pile of ash after Thor attacked him.
  • Deadpool can stay conscious even after having his face smashed in by Luke Cage.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Fighting Skill

I don't think people give Deadpool enough credit when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. He's actually ridiculously good at and has a lot of great showings against some of the absolute best fighters in the 616 Universe.

• Dodged and caught a sucker punch from Wolverine
  • Acrobatically dodges a hit from the Hulk and gets his swords into his nostrils mid combat.
  • Manages to catch Taskmaster off-guard with a sucker punch (Taskmaster has photoreflexive memory allowing him to read other people and instantly know their fighting style)
  • Is able to hold his own against Captain America (one of the best street-level hand-to-hand fighters in the Marvel Universe)

Speed

Deadpool has a pretty ridiculous reaction time. The feat above of him casually dodging a punch from Wolverine proves this as well some of his more high end feats. He's a pretty casual bullet timer and could potentially be higher than that.

• Has dodged bullets while fighting in a bar.
  • Deflects a bullet while fighting Fantomex.
  • Has dodged Cyclops beams which are confirmed on panel as lightspeed.

Gunplay

Deadpool is extremely lethal with guns, regardless of what kind. This combined with an open area is going to give him a serious advantage in this fight.

• Deadpool can shoot accurately without even looking
  • Can tag the Falcon mid-flight with tranq darts
  • Simultaneously takes down a bunch of AIM goons despite being surrounded (doubles as combat speed he is clearly FTE in this scan)
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Summary

• Deadpool is strong enough to present a threat to any street tier he may come across
  • He is skilled enough to put up a fight against some of the highest tier H2H combatants in Marvel
  • Durable enough to pretty much never get one shotted
  • Can heal from any injury should he take damage in the fight
  • Has the advantage in the open arena, this really plays to his skills with guns and marksmanship

Deadpool can handle himself well in any fight, I don't believe he will be at any disadvantage versing Ryu. I'll have to wait to see some feats for Ryu, however, as I only have video game knowledge on him.

#7 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath: Very nice opener. I should start it soon, though my week is a little busy. I'll notify you as soon as I can.

#9 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@jooosh1996; My opener is up, I did a better job with formatting this time :)

#10 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg; Will you have it up in time?

#11 Posted by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath: I almost forgot about this. It's halfway done. I should be able to finish this in time.

#12 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg; Nice, I've been doing research I don't want it to go to waste lol

#13 Posted by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath @jooosh1996 I have the whole thing done, but my scans on my computer seem to be missing. I have to regather it all now.

#14 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg; It's all good man, things happen sometimes.

#15 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@jooosh1996; @ljayg; Give him some extra time please I did some research and I think this one will be fun.

#16 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Ryu, The Eternal Challenger

A warrior whose quest for being the ultimate fighter doesn't seem to end, Ryu challenges anyone to a fight to improve himself. Under the training of Master Gouken, he learned the nonlethal variant of Ansatsuken alongside Ken. After winning the first world warrior tournament, he travels the world, fighting anyone who crosses paths with him.

Stats

While Deadpool may be a beefcake in his own right, he pales in comparison to Ryu's raw strength.

Strength

Here he sends Deejay flying with a punch with enough force to crack a concrete wall.

No Caption Provided

Headbutts a rock so hard it reduces into rubble.

No Caption Provided

Base Ryu's best high-end feat. Ryu holds a multi-ton boulder over his head. No matter what material of rock you use to calculate this feat, he still is stronger than Deadpool.

No Caption Provided

Durability

Takes a beating from Balrog, who trains with cinderblock punching bags, levels vans, and can kill elephants with his gigaton punch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Survives a building busting C4 explosion

No Caption Provided

Speed

Can keep up with an ill Gen, who can dodge bullets and blitz assassins with ease.

No Caption Provided

Assassin Scan

Fights Adon, who leaves afterimages when fighting.

Hadou

Unlike some top martial artists that Deadpool has faced, Ryu uses Hadou, also known as chi. This energy allows him to enhance his strikes and perform special, physic defying moves, like his famous HADOUKEN!

Here he punches a crater into the ground with a Satsui No Hadou enhanced punch.

No Caption Provided

Skill

Going toe to toe with Captain America is impressive and all, but Ryu has gone up against characters much more dangerous than Steve.

Catches a surprise kick from Ken.

Outmaneuvers Balrog easily after finding out about his boxing fighting style.

Defeats Fei Long, a Kung Fu master, with absolute ease.

No Caption Provided

Fei Long defeated masters of their own fighting styles, stomped Chinese gangsters, and has kept up with Chun-Li, whose defeated 5 Kung Fu masters at the same time.

Summary and How Ryu Wins

In short, Ryu wins because:

• Usually, Ryu doesn't rely on strategy all too much, but he can learn and change his strategies in battle

• Ryu's pure physicals overshadow Deadpool's own

• Fast enough to evade Deadpool's bullets

• His damage output can overtax Deadpool's nerfed healing factor in this fight

• Deadpool has never seen someone control chi like Ryu can

Deadpool may give Ryu a hard time, but Ryu can win this. I haven't dwelled into his other two forms yet, which would give Deadpool a serious run for his money.

#18 Posted by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg: Some of your spoilered scans aren't working. But I will begin working on a counter.

#21 Edited by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg: Some of your spoilered scans aren't working. But I will begin working on a counter.

You're kidding me. I'll try and fix that.

#22 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

The Counters and the Strategy

Usually, Ryu doesn't rely on strategy all too much, but he can learn and change his strategies in battle

This isn't going to help you versus Deadpool. Not only has Deadpool fought people who are master strategists (Captain America) but he can frequently come out on top anyway. Not to mention that Deadpool himself is the king of changing strategies in battle depending on how the flow of the fight is going. He will frequently switch between melee with H2H, switch to swords and incorporate some gunkata into his fights as well. On top of this, if it needs to be done he can simply resort to using explosives to abuse his durability/regen versus and opponent who has none.

An example (he did the same thing to Preston in Secret Empire as well):

No Caption Provided

One main reason this might be enough to win the fight vs. Ryu is that I don't think Ryu is as durable as you claim, in fact a point blank grenade would probably be enough to get the knockout or at least incap him whereas Deadpool will heal. In fact one of your own scans you claim to be a feat of durability against an explosion clearly shows Ryu never touched by the flames but only thrown by the force of the explosion. This is common to many action movies and is essentially meaningless other than the fact that Ryu is lucky.

No Caption Provided

Another problem is that Ryu is essentially down for the fight after taking something Deadpool would absolutely laugh off (I showed him taking blows from the Hulk). Here Ryu even claims that Sagat could've finished him off even though Sagat barely cracks the wall in the next panel. Recall that Deadpool had his face punched in by Luke Cage (80-100 tonner) and continued fighting. Ryu is done here.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Ryu's pure physicals overshadow Deadpool's own

It's pointless to spend much on this one simply because his strength is BARELY higher than Deadpool's is. And I mean such a little difference that it doesn't matter. Deadpool fights people way out of his league in stats on a near daily basis. He has fought the following characters for example: Wolverine, Hulk, Juggernaut, Thor, Hercules. The strength difference is meaningless here. I would also argue that Ryu is in fact, not as fast as Deadpool is which I will get to in the next point. (He is also not as durable but I went over that).

Fast enough to evade Deadpool's bullets

Unfortunately he isn't, which I will prove. But first let me address this statement of yours: "Can keep up with an ill Gen, who can dodge bullets and blitz assassins with ease." I need some scans of Gen dodging bullets because I've been reading Street Fighter comics and he just died having never dodged bullets. Fortunately for me I've posted scans of Deadpool not only dodging but deflecting a bullet with his Katana as well. More food for though, if Ryu could dodge bullets then why is he so scared here? Why did Sakura have to save him in the next panel? I can get you the rest of the panels if you want but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about with just this image.

No Caption Provided

Interestingly enough every Street Fighter seemingly has superhuman durability to some extent but tend to scale with each other in the amount of damage they can take. With that being said here is Charlie Nash getting shot by a helicopter:

No Caption Provided

His damage output can overtax Deadpool's nerfed healing factor in this fight

It really can't though even at Wolverine levels. I'm not sure how much you know about Wolverine but he can keep fighting while literally getting shredded by machine gun fire and be fine in under a minute. I don't personally even consider this much of a nerf because Wolverine's healing factor is probably 85-90% as good as Deadpool's is to be honest. The other issue is that the level of damage Ryu can output is stuff Deadpool takes all the time and just walks it off. Again, he was getting beaten through the ground by the HULK and was OK. He took a building busting rocket and was again conscious and OK. You haven't shown me anything so far that suggests Ryu can do anything to him that he won't heal off in a few seconds. Meanwhile every bit of damage Deadpool does is going to just stack up on him until he's lost too much blood or fails to dodge a killing blow as he slows down.

Deadpool has never seen someone control chi like Ryu can

Sorry to say but yes he has, he's fought Iron Fist before. And while you just won a CaV against someone representing Iron Fist in this very tournament that is on debate skills alone. Iron Fist is indeed a better Chi user simply because he can use it to do more than just offensive attacks. For example: Healing, Increased Reactions, Empathy, Energy Absorption, Energy Sensing and so on and so forth. Deadpool has encountered an arguably better Chi user before and was able to fight him. Unlike Ryu however, Iron Fist is a proven bullet timer so he will do much better against Deadpool than Ryu.

The Strategy:

Given the terrain this is easy, Deadpool can continually move around and kite while absolutely pouring on bullets. Ryu will be forced to take cover which allows Deadpool to start tossing grenades at whatever pillar Ryu tries to hide behind. As Ryu starts to get tired (Deadpool won't for probably a good week or so) he can just keep closing in and if Ryu is even still alive at this point as the whole arena is going to be shredded with bullets and grenade explosions Deadpool can finish him off with his Katanas. In case you are going to claim that Ryu will close the distance and fight hand to hand then Deadpool will win that as well. He has the skill to fend of Ryu and can simply harm himself to hurt Ryu more. If Ryu grabs him he can stab through himself to critically injure Ryu and then it turns into a steady beatdown as Ryu dies. Although in my personal opinion given the terror of Ryu having a gun pointed at him up above well I think Deadpool just shoots him in the head and runs off to buy some chimichangas.

To summarize

• Ryu is not better at mid-fight strategy
  • Ryu cannot dodge Deadpool's bullets (unless you actually have evidence of him dodging bullets)
  • Ryu's strength advantage won't help him at all here as Deadpool fights worse all the time
  • Deadpool can abuse his "nerfed" healing factor combined with his gear to slowly just whittle Ryu down if it even comes to that

#23 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath: I fear I may not be able to finish. School's got me super busy. I'm sorry.

#26 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg: That sucks man, @jooosh1996 what's the verdict? I feel like I'm making it through the tourney on technicalities lol

#27 Edited by LJayG (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatarofdeath: maybe we can CaV this at a later date. I still would love to see more Deadpool feats.

#28 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by AvatarOfDeath (354 posts) - - Show Bio