No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ILS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Gods as they appeared in their exhibition match get smoked.

Whether they've improved since then or had a greater power than was shown, who knows. But I think the intent at the time was clear enough that Jiren was in their tier, and Goku mastering UI would also put him in that tier, as Whis said, if you master UI you will never be defeated. So Jiren and Goku in their final fight were at least fighting on that level and Frieza Black surpasses that a million times over.

Etherious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quitela solo.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza gets bodied.

Avatar image for godlike_warrior
Godlike_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horrible Mismatch.

1 GoD is enough to match or beat Freiza 2 is overkill…..

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza clears easily

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mortein

A bit strange how half of you think he stomps, and the other half thinks he gets stomped.

ILS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: It's mainly because in the exhibition match, the GoDs were supposedly fighting to kill and they all looked relative enough to hurt each other, and all the implications we had at the time were that Jiren was on that level. Then Goku and Jiren reach higher heights than that in their fight and Goku's mastering of UI by all rights should have put him over Beerus, since at the time Beerus seemed devoted to mastering it too and Whis said mastering it would make Goku unbeatable.

But since then Beerus has just been silently upscaled without much of an explanation. There's no limits to his power and he can teach Vegeta how to wield the power of a Destroyer so he can catch up to/surpass Goku, the implication there being not only that Beerus can teach Vegeta to be stronger than Goku, but that all the other GoDs possess that power too.

So people take it numerous ways. They say the GoDs were always that strong, even in their exhibition match. Or they've gotten stronger since then. Or another take is to double down on the exhibition match and just say yeah all new developments aside that fight is their peak so everyone is just way above them.

Another thing I've seen is people using the new developments + the exhibition match to keep Jiren relevant to current arc scaling.

At this point I don't know if GoDs can be used as a serious scaling tool, but if anything I think Beerus will just keep getting upscaled until he finally fights Goku.

Avatar image for godlike_warrior
Godlike_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godlike_Warrior

Pretty Sure The Statements About UI Goku Jiren and Broly where Pure Promting hype Garbage don’t know why You keep using it.

Any of The GoDs can Solo Mid to High Diff at Most since the other GoDs scale to Beerus

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By noobsnowman

@ils:

There's no limits to his power

I think this statement is a very obvious hyperbole.

We seen Beerus been pushed in the Zen Exhibition Match, we both know what happened and he was pushed to his limit. Besides, we know that he's at least outclassed by the Angels so obviously there's a very distinct limit to his power.

Vegeta also said the same thing about his power being unlimited numerous times and look where that got him:

No Caption Provided

he can teach Vegeta how to wield the power of a Destroyer so he can catch up to/surpass Goku

The context behind that statement is that Ultra Instinct isn't the only technique of the gods, and depending on how Vegeta wields Ultra Ego and his mastery of it, he can possibly surpass Goku. It has no implication regarding Beerus' own use of it, and whether he can defeat Goku with his own use of it.

But as you mentioned, UI is the ultimate technique and is the peak form of martial arts, and mastering it would help a user take on any enemy. That is a much more difficult and stronger technique compared to UE, as Beerus, despite training with Whis for millions of years, still struggle to grasp it properly. In comparison, Destruction, a power that comes with UE, is much more easily learned, as Goku, without any knowledge of UE, performed Destruction to nearly erase Zamasu from existence, and that feat alone outclasses whatever Vegeta has shown with Destruction. If UI is touted to be a near invincible technique, then its evidence that Vegeta's use of UE needs to surpass Beerus' to a significant degree, to even stand a chance against someone who perfected Ultra Instinct.

Put it in perspective: Beerus mastered UE but not UI. But it was his use of imperfect UI that kept him in the game when several GoDs of his caliber ganged up on him. That alone is proof that UI, even when imperfect, is a significantly superior technique to UE.

Another issue with it is that Beerus only said that it is possible. There is a massive difference between possibility and probability. Is it possible for Vegeta to master Ultra Ego to the nth degree, to the point that it surpasses Goku's mastery of Ultra Instinct? For sure. But is it probable? Given that UI is a superior technique to UE and Goku's own mastery of UI, absolutely not.

Beerus' most recent development was easily defeating SSBE Vegeta. But that took place right after the Moro Arc, and even pre-73 Moro replicated that feat in spades by basically no-selling Vegeta's attacks, and the only reason why Vegeta got any headway was due to his use of Forced Spirit Fission. Obviously, pre-73 Moro dosen't compare to the likes of MUI Goku and Black Frieza at all.

Therefore, the opinion that the GoDs are completely outclassed by the likes of MUI Goku and Black Frieza is simply a more provable take. I don't think there is any concrete evidence that Beerus has been 'upscaled' at all.

OT: Frieza easily.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza by logic and scaling

ILS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ILS

@noobsnowman: It's obvious hyperbole but it's a statement that indicates Beerus' power can grow over time, which was my point. And sure you can get as technical as you want to dismiss the implications I mentioned because at the end of the day that's all they are, implications.

If you're saying it's provable that Beerus' power has remained static since the exhibition match, Goku has definitively surpassed him and thus there'll never be a bout between them in the future to settle it once and for all, more power to you, but I don't see it.

enviid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By enviid

Quitela toys with Frieza and sends him to Universe 7 in a casket.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

All I know is Belmond is getting oneshot right off the bat

Avatar image for wordsbeyondfic0
WordsBeyondFic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of hard to scale since they move Beerus around some much. Could make an argument a good amount get oneshoted.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By noobsnowman

@ils:

but it's a statement that indicates Beerus' power can grow over time, which was my point

Not necessarily, he could just be convinced of his own power, especially since he just defeated Vegeta very resoundingly and without much effort, despite the fact that following their first match (Beerus stomped Vegeta Blue), Vegeta just unlocked a new form and got a bit more powerful due to mastering Spirit Control.

Obviously a character's power can grow over time, but you can say that with anyone. But there needs to be context and reason to it. I find it difficult to believe that Beerus would suddenly get a massive power boost ass pull out of nowhere, especially within a very short time frame. Normally when a character suddenly gets astronomically more powerful, there is context and reason to it. (Eg, Frieza trained in the HTC for 10 years, that coupled with his insane latent potential unlocked his Black form.) For Beerus, given that his normal routine is taking a nap and reading comics, means that he never really seriously trained, so I can't really see that happening, which is why I think his power is the exact same as it is in the Exhibition Match.

I'm trying to say is that I take those statements with a grain of salt. People like to gloat about their 'limitless power', but if there's a very clear limit to their power, it dosen't really mean anything. Especially when we seen characters who yap about it in the middle of a fight only to get reality checked immediately after.

EDIT: I double checked the quote, Beerus said that there is no limit to his power because his mind was fully on Destruction. If anything it only shows that he mastered both Ultra Ego, the technique that requires the user to be fully focused on Destruction, and the power of Destruction, which he later taught Vegeta. So, the crux of the quote is not that his power is 'limitless', a very clear hyperbole, but that his mindset was on Destruction, because it is exactly what Beerus wanted to teach Vegeta for him to access the power that he himself has.

malieke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By malieke

DB has horrendous power scaling

Frieza wins off feats considering Jiren is God of Destruction level and he's been surpassed several times over but apparently Gods of Destruction aren't relative to eachother and Beerus is still supposed to be way stronger than all of them besides Quitela so Frieza realistically gets stomped

It's very weird. Akira and Toyotaro really just write the story as they go. No planning or anything. This will backfire on them, assuming it already hasn't

Avatar image for deactivated-635153c807ec5
deactivated-635153c807ec5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DB should end.

malieke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-635153c807ec5
deactivated-635153c807ec5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malieke said:

DB has horrendous power scaling

Frieza wins off feats considering Jiren is God of Destruction level and he's been surpassed several times over but apparently Gods of Destruction aren't relative to eachother and Beerus is still supposed to be way stronger than all of them besides Quitela so Frieza realistically gets stomped

It's very weird. Akira and Toyotaro really just write the story as they go. No planning or anything. This will backfire on them, assuming it already hasn't

Jiren is only comparable, maybe, to HIS universes God of Destruction. Not all gods are equal. The weakest, Sidrus or whatever, Frieza overpowered his Hakai. But Frieza couldn't do that to Toppo's, who was a mere candidate.

Physical strength is only one aspect, so comparing Quitela ( literally an arm wrestling match ), doesn't mean jack all.

Frieza hasn't done anything yet. He killed a dying Gas and one shot two saiyans who had been fighting for longer then the ToP was with powers that drain them. Doubt he can even fight Beerus at this point.

malieke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: Sidra only gave the assassins a small amount of destroyer energy though. He's probably weak but i base that off of him getting one shotted by Belmod and even then Sidra didn't see it coming.

Bills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: Gas, Goku, vegeta were all at their strongest

Goku even said "You can never hope to beat Gas, he is the strongest" only for freeza to one shot him

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: isn't Belmond comparable to other GoDs?

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bills said:

@Aristeaus: Gas, Goku, vegeta were all at their strongest

Goku even said "You can never hope to beat Gas, he is the strongest" only for freeza to one shot him

Strongest can mean a lot of things. It most likely means physical/offensive power here, as Frieza killed Gas, but only knocked down Goku and Vegeta.

@mortein said:

Why would you assume that? You have literally no frame of reference for their individual powers.

The only reference we have is mortal power levels of universes, which means that stronger mortals = stronger GoD candidates, but even that isn't concrete as Beerus is in a lower power level universe.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

Why would you assume that? You have literally no frame of reference for their individual powers.

The only reference we have is mortal power levels of universes, which means that stronger mortals = stronger GoD candidates, but even that isn't concrete as Beerus is in a lower power level universe.

They've made it clear that GoDs are relative to each other in terms of power, as even Beerus and Quitela got beaten up and tired while fighting other GoDs, and they made it inconclusive regarding who's stronger between Belmond and Beerus.

No Caption Provided

Belmond used his power to simultaneously immobilize and move around at will all other GoDs, he then scared them to death and hurt them

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He tanked a barrage of attacks from other GoDs and took no damage.

No Caption Provided

He was one of the last 3 left.

He was the only one unharmed (more thanks to trickery than power, but still, he also fought other GoDs)

In the anime it was strongly implied he also defeated Beerus in arm wrestling, and Whis thought Belmond is stronger than Beerus.

Loading Video...

I am not saying Belmond really was stronger than Beerus, but he was definitely presented as someone who would be a tough fight for Beerus.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might be able to beat 1 GoD now, but all of them at once? Nah.

henryH01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By henryH01

Huge mismatch. Quitela soloes. Champa Soloes. I wouldn't be surpised if a couple more gods could solo. And a majority of the fanbase knows this.

I can see Frieza maybe beating low and Mid tier GoDs 1v1 but he would get stomped in a 2v1 against any 2 gods.

itsyourboi34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By itsyourboi34

if we go by movie than Jiren and broly are = to gods of destruction.

so they most likely retconned their power

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Freiza gets bodied

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza one-shots them all

WhatamIseeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WhatamIseeing

Depends if this is manga or anime Gods. Manga Frieza loses. If its Anime Frieza wins

Grand_Master1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoDs stomp. Goku regressed after the ToP he didn't improve. This is shown by him fighting for 30 minutes w/ UI in the ToP but since then either couldn't use it and when he did for a couple minutes at best. Clearly shows a regression and now he's not even able to master it because of his feelings...

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Some Gods are on Beerus' level or close to him. Frieza gets bodied.

Aqua1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Aqua1

Frieza isnt doing anything here.

The Gods stomps.

GrayWolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many gods for him. He’s stronger than belmod and champa I’m sure but I don’t know about the others. Maybe Sidra but quitela did well enough for me to think he loses

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys always mixup the difference between ki, battle power, and hax vs physicals, etc. The god's weren't allowed to use hakai in the sparring match. Quitella is probably the strongest physically. Belmod has hax. Beerus is the best fighter and has the most powerful hakai. Either way...Black Frieza get's smoked.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: No. It was shown directly that Quitella beat Besrus in arm wrestling, meaning Jiren is NOT the mortal that Whis was talking about.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mr-yes
IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOD^2

turnwaiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't it kind of implied that frieza was able to beat gas because he was from a different universe? Thus, circumventing the wish.

TheRevaniter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turnwaiter: More so that freiza was training in a time chamber so technically wasn’t “in” the universe.

Lilgodperv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Freiza can take them all together. If it's one on one then I give it to frieza.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Frieza gets Hakai'd