Fox Silver Surfer VS DCEU Doomsday(Post Nuke)

• 78 results
#1 Posted by Seam12 (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Nuke Doomsday fights Fox Silver Surfer
Who wins?

#2 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate

#3 Posted by sideSHOWbill (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#4 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

SS wins.

#5 Posted by BruceRogers (17770 posts) - - Show Bio

The one who can dish out a planet busting attack.

#6 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Doomsday can just adapt to it then one-shot Surfer. After all, his adaption is NLF

#7 Posted by BruceRogers (17770 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#8 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12188 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm said:

@brucerogers: Doomsday can just adapt to it then one-shot Surfer. After all, his adaption is NLF

No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by APEX_pretador (21469 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer one shots so hard that Doomsday's remains are scattered throughout the solar system

#10 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5880 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't there already one of these? Anyways SS should win.

#11 Posted by mrmonster (16731 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

#12 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5718 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU Doomsday adapts, speed blitzes, one shots, and neck breaks.

#13 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#14 Posted by BobLeGod (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer gets stomped. Zero durability feats to suggest he doesn’t get one shot.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#15 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12698 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like SS is overrated as shiate. Need to rewatch that movie...

#16 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#17 Posted by Worldofthunder (5186 posts) - - Show Bio

SS. I find him more powerful, but his giant explosion didn't even scratch the Earth.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#18 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4493 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#19 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6689 posts) - - Show Bio

@seam12: doomsday adapts to silver surfer flying and grows wings

#20 Posted by TheDeathstroke (3065 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#21 Edited by deltahuman (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday adapts and one shots.

Surfer's apparent planetbusting is the most overrated thing in CV. I mean it's technically not even planet busting if you think about it. He attacked Galactus near the Low Earth Orbit. If that attack had even a fraction of some planet busting power, Earth would've been harmed significantly. Nothing happened except the fact that both Galactus and Surfer somehow perished. The attack only shows one thing. That Galactus is a huge cloud and has shit durability. He was somehow hurt by his herald who has a fraction of his power.

Doomsday literally ate a 400 KT nuke that detonated on his face. There's nothing Surfer can do to harm him. Surfer might get separated from his board by the massive EMP Doomsday releases in his AOE attacks or Surfer might feed Doomsday with enough energy for Doomsday to become invincible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#22 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer stomps.

#23 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is high level. But Surfer wins. He has the power output to suggest that not even Doomsday can survive it. I know DD shrugged of the Nuke but SS can dis out a moon level attack even by lowballing it is at the very least continent level. Which is much higher than DD durability feat, so it can not let him live.

#24 Posted by SocaJunkie (9340 posts) - - Show Bio

I just can’t see Doomsday. surviving Surfer’s Galactus buster, though if he manages to get in close he should wreck in cqc since Surfer didn’t do anything in that regard besides neck grabbing Cap.

Surfer also didn’t die from his final attack, we see him alive during the credits.

#25 Posted by Lordflawlez (1292 posts) - - Show Bio

The attack Surfer used killed Surfer himself so of what use is that attack if it kills him?

I think it's stupid saying Surfer stomps when he barely did anything relevant in the movie besides the ending.

Said attack even killed him and the galactus had no Feats.

Doomsday stomps. Or stalemate if surfer use that same attack since both of them die

#26 Posted by Lordflawlez (1292 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread:

Its a suicide attack so Surfer too will die, in other words it's a stalemate

#27 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: Surfer didn't die and

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/dceu-team-vs-foxmcu-team-1925005/?page=1#26

Go to post 16, and Surfer was removed from his board via plot, there's no instance where it shows that he can be removed from his board via physical force because it was part of him, surfer also sucked in a missle into his board, what feats does doomsday have to suggest his hand won't get sucked in when he tries to punch? And why couldn't Surfer just phase though his attacks?

And the galactus buster might have not been planetary but we can see by the explosion that its way above a minor nuke

#29 Edited by deltahuman (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart:

Even if he didn't die, Surfer was incapacitated after that blast.

Regarding removing him from the board, I don't remember the movie much but I know that it wasn't through force. It was through an EMP device that Reed invented. That's why I said that Doomsday's AoE blast will separate him from the board because the emp from Doomsday's blast took out electricity of an entire city. Once that happens, Surfer is dead. I mean Victor was able to KO him with an electricity discharge. Surfer doesn't have feats to say he can survive Doomsday's heat vision which was much more potent then even Superman's. Neither does Surfer have any feat of absorbing living things in his board. Surfer also doesn't have feats to say he can survive a single punch from Doomsday. His combat feats are lacking. The only credible combat feats he has are absorbing missiles in his board and blasting some missile launchers. Doomsday isn't even gonna flinch if surfer uses such attacks on him. Surfer would end up making Doomsday more powerful for all we know. 400 Kt wasn't Doomsday's limit and Surfer doesn't have feats of producing even 1KT outside of that unquantifiable attack he did on Galactus. He could phase through physical hits from Doomsday on paper but he doesn't have feats to say that he can survive without being KOed if Doomsday uses heat vision on him or his AoE attacks.

Also the problem of Surfer's apparently planet busting attack is that first of all, it's not planet busting and secondly there's no way we can compare it with a nuke because we don't know and can't estimate it's yield. The blast wave could be a result of Galactus dying for all we know. And even if I admit that Surfer can defeat Doomsday with that blast, it's not a direct win for him because he's gonna get incapacitated by it too. So that feat is out of the books.

Without that feat, Surfer hasn't shown strength, durability or energy projection feats to show that it can hurt or survive an encounter with Doomsday.

#30 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: yeah doomsday will be dead and Surfer incapacitated, there's a clear winner there

To think that doomsday aoe will take surfer out of his board when Reed had to take a few hours to build the plot device is a reach, just cause the aoe from doomsday took out the electricity of a city doesn't mean it was an emp anyway, and the plot device reed built wasn't a customary emp

Surfer doesn't have to take any of doomsdays attacks, he'll phase through them

Please explain the difference between absorbing living things and non living things into his board cause surfer can absorb both in the comics, the burden of proof is up to you to prove he can only absorb non living things cause matter is matter

Why would he need feats to suggest he won't be koed by doomsdays physical attacks when he can phase through them?

The blast wave wasn't of Galactus dying we can see that the energy wave radiated from Surfer, wth? We can see by the size of the blast that its much greater than a nuke and again one will get killed and the other will get momentarily koed, the victor will be surfer cause he'll live to fight another day

Did you even click on that link I gave you?

#31 Posted by deltahuman (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart:

Just saw the link. I forgot about two things in the movie.

First is, matter/energy manipulation according to Reed. While he doesn't have feats to say he can transmutate someone like Doomsday, I'm gonna give him benefit of the doubt and say he can. So that way he can win. But it's still an If. He doesn't have feats to say he can. I'm just assuming he can.

Second thing is the holes he made on the earth's crust. I almost forgot about them. Those were huge. While we don't see how he made them, it would require a large amount of energy to melt or whatever he did to the crust. I don't know if Doomsday can tank it. He did tank the nuke and it looked like he could tank much higher yields with the US Army declaring him as unlikable but to actually say Doomsday is unkillable without Kryptonite would be NLF. So Surfer could probably produce so much energy at once that Doomsday can't absorb it and dies.

Addressing your points, first of all, it doesn't matter how long Reed took to build that EMP. We're measuring power here not prep time. Doomsday took out the electricity of a whole city by EMP because there's no other way to do it remotely. And by feats Doomsday's EMP blast > Reed's mini device EMP. If Doomsday unleashes his AoE and Surfer is separated, then he's dead the next moment.

Secondly phasing works against physical attacks not energy blasts. Please explain how Surfer will phase through heat vision and AoE blast. Surfer absorbed the missiles when the missiles were flying towards him and couldn't take evasive manoeuvres. Doomsday is a living thing. He won't allow Surfer to absorb him in the board in the first place. He will blast him with heat vision once Surfer gets close. Also you said that Surfer can absorb Doomsday in his board so the burden of proof is on you to show that Surfer can absorb an otherwise invulnerable Kryptonian hybrid in his board.

Size of a blast is not indicative of its yield. Never can you estimate yield like that. There's also the thing of blast wave being not produced in space. It's a vacuum there. It couldn't have been Surfer's attack. It was probably Galactus. Galactus was a cloud and he was dispersed throughout outer space when Surfer attacked him hence the appearance of a blast wave. Space doesn't produce a blast wave otherwise. And that feat like I said is unquantifiable and is not even remotely close to being a planet busting attack. How do you know that it will kill Doomsday. Galactus being killed by his Herald who has lesser power than him is quite fishy. Maybe it's not the power of the blast that killed him, may be its something else. That feat is not clear cut usable. Your call.

#32 Edited by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Doomsday.

#33 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: surfer only got removed by his board via tachyons. Not an emp

And seriously, he made a blast wave bigger than earth, no matter how you slice it, doomsday can't adapt to something with hundreds, if not thousands of times more force than the nuke in BvS.

Surfer doesn't even need to use his full power , even a tenth would be more than DD has ever seen in his life.

#34 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849 said:

Definitely Doomsday.

No Caption Provided

Show me doomsday surviving something even a tenth this powerful

#35 Edited by deltahuman (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11:

Were tachyons explicitly mentioned? I don't remember the movie well and I'm a bit sceptical about tachyons being mentioned because tachyon is a hypothetical particle. It doesn't exist. I mean it's cool to mention tachyons but tachyons could be anything and exist enywhere. We don't know what they are or look like. It's just a name given for hypothetical particles that can travel FTL. Anyway, if tachyons were specifically mentioned then Doomsday's AoE blast won't separate him from his board.

However that brings me to your second point, the blast wave that killed Galactus. It couldn't have been a blast wave because we can't have a pressure wave in empty space. We can't even have fires in space. It was probably not a blast wave of any kind. From the gif above I seems like the wave was caused by Galactus dying and not by Surfer's energy release. So I'm still not sold on Surfer being able to kill Doomsday. And it definitely didn't take a huge amount of energy to kill Galactus because if it were what people think it is, Earth would've been significantly harmed.

#36 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: tachyons were explicitly stated.

And the explosion was about the size of earth. There's no way doomsday can survive anything close to that output. The nuke is literally nothing compared to it

#37 Posted by deltahuman (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11:

Once again, you're not reading what I said properly. Surfer couldn't have caused a blast or explosion in space because we don't and can't have a pressure wave in empty space. What looks like the blast is possibly cloud like Galactus dispersed throughout the outer space near earth. What I can't estimate or quantify is how much energy if took to kill Galactus. Seems umquantifiable.

#38 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: So you agree surfer wins in your first paragraphs? If you do then what are we still doing here?

How do we know Doomsdays aoe is an emp? The aoe could have just taken out the city generators or something and we can't compare doomsday aoe to reeds plot device just because the aoe took out city wide electricity, what makes you think it was an emp that reed built and if it was what makes you think it was a normal emp? And if it was a normal emp why would Reed, probably the smartest person in marvel fiction need so long to build it? Surfers power is cosmic in nature and you not only think a normal emp will spereate him from his board you think doomsdays aoe is an emp and it will do the same thing? And if Doomsdays aoe is an emp which it isn't it only short circuited eletrcity based objects, not cosmic beings like surfer, there's literally no comparison to Doomsdays aoe and reeds plot device

Why doesn't phasing work against energy based attacks? Surfer will phase through heat vision and aoes cause he can phase, Characters phase through energy based attacks all the time and Surfer phased through Susan's forcefield, you keep shifting the goal posts trying to find loopholes where there aren't any which shows bias

What do you mean Doomsday won't allow Surfer to absorb him into his board? I never said surfer would absorb him by the way, he's far to big to fit, I said he'll try punch him and get his hand absorbed, Doomsday will charge at surfer with a punch similar to how he charged at Diana when he got his hand cut off when he sees surfer is phasing past his nuke vision (assuming he starts of with it) and get his hand absorbed in the board, and this was just a guess anyway I'm not saying he will do it and the burden of proof is on the one who has to post resistance feats from the character against the specific hax ability, first you said he hasn't shown to abosrb living things now when I showed you why that's b.s. you change the goal posts, surfer showed the ability to absorb things into his board, what feats does doomsday have to counter that hax ability? What does kryptonian invunrability have to do with being absorbed? Doomsday has no matter manipulation feats so his matter gets manipulated and absorbed

And again with the loopholes and reaching, the energy was silver (ring a bell?) And Galactus was a brownish cloud, how on earth does someone start questioning if that was Galactus and not surfer? We see blasts in space all the time in movies and comics so I don't know why you're talking about blast waves in space now cause you're looking for another loophole to jump into, surfer released that energy wave, plain and simple and if you don't wanna use a blast that's obviously more powerful than a nuke because you just don't want to there are also the huge holes surfer created in the earth that show he can produce way more energy than Doomsday was shown to absorb

Your reaching is giving me a headache so I'll respond to your post in a couple of days if you reply cause I'm logging off now

#39 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11:

Once again, you're not reading what I said properly. Surfer couldn't have caused a blast or explosion in space because we don't and can't have a pressure wave in empty space. What looks like the blast is possibly cloud like Galactus dispersed throughout the outer space near earth. What I can't estimate or quantify is how much energy if took to kill Galactus. Seems umquantifiable.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If you want quantification, Check this out

Surfer would be planet level even if he just displace space dust

#40 Posted by deltahuman (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart:

Okay first of all, the EMP issue has been addressed. Apparently it wasn't even an EMP in the first place. It was tachyons. So case closed here. There's nothing left to discuss

But regarding your accusation. Don't do it again. I won't tolerate this patronizing attitude the next time. It isn't reaching if I carefully try to analyze feats and see where and how the apply. It was clear from the onset of this discussion that I was a little sceptical of Surfer's "Planet busting" that gets mentioned so frequently and indiscriminately here. That's why I analyzed it deeply. I didn't remember all the feats from the movie and that's on me but that doesn't give you the right to call me anything. Keep that in mind the next time. If you're having a headache then don't respond. It's simple. I don't really care what you do or say. Just stay in your limits.

#41 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: I never called you anything, just said you were reaching which you were in respect to surfers phasing and your "deep analysis" of everything did give me a headache

And I'd recommend the people who don't remember aspects of a movie to stay in their limits and not debate cause it would have saved us a lot of time

#42 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

SS wins in a good fight... probably...

#43 Posted by deltahuman (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart:

Oh please. I mentioned in the beginning of this discussion that I haven't seen the movie in a while and don't remember everything clearly. If thats such a problem, you could've stopped anytime. You didn't. It's easy to blame others for your problems. I didn't ask you to keep debating. If you have a headache, you could've stopped instead of being so patronizing about it.

But it's okay. Let's not drag this a little too out of proportion. better to end it here.

#44 Posted by Kaneza (67 posts) - - Show Bio

ss

#45 Posted by Openthedoor (258 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by DeadpoolUchiha (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday didnt tank the nuke he absorbed it. Surfer wins

#47 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer goes nuclear.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#48 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849 said:

Definitely Doomsday.

No Caption Provided

Show me doomsday surviving something even a tenth this powerful

How Powerful is this coz Neither moon nor Humans on earth were affected by it!

#49 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255: I could say the same thing about the nuke that didn’t do anything. And that’s doomsday’s best durability feat

But since I know you like to wank dc while downplaying marvel, that blast scattered a planet sized being at relativistic speeds.

But I’m sure since it’s a “space cloud” it’s wall level in your opinion. As if Jupiter being made of gas means its easier to destroy than earth

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#50 Edited by plotweapon16255 (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11 said:

@plotweapon16255: I could say the same thing about the nuke that didn’t do anything. And that’s doomsday’s best durability feat

Unlike that explosion just filled with light ray, The fraction of BVS nuke's blast wave that made contact in atmosphere is bigger then the city despite being hundreds of Kms away from atmosphere & Ground.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But since I know you like to wank dc while downplaying marvel, that blast scattered a planet sized being at relativistic speeds.

But This isn't a Wank, I am just asking explanation for ur ridiculous assumptions?

But I’m sure sincee it’s a “space cloud” it’s wall level in your opinion. As if Jupiter being made of gas means its easier to destroy than earth

The Jupiter level cloud shrunk before it exploded which clearly implies it's not just a gas cloud and his blast isn't completely responsible for that explosion

unless u got any explanation how something can shrink before explosion?

No Caption Provided