User Lists: 0

Surfer Easily.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Surfer stomps. What can Kara actually do to him?

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheSuperor

Surfer

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer515 said:
@peterparkerjr said:

Knock him off his board.

Fox Silver Surfer can't operate without his board.

And how she's gonna do that? It took a Reed Richards plot device to knock him off the board. He can't be knocked off via speed blitz.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Surfer slaughters.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals off either Kara melts him with HV or Norrin planet busts?

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer can cancel out Supergirl's physical attacks and laser vision with phasing or his board-portal trick and can probably match her in speed, although she's gotta be stronger and potentially tougher, so I'm leaning heavily towards Surfer here.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rbt: How powerful is her HV?. Johnny's attack barely seemed to do much to him and he can also phase

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: How powerful is her HV?. Johnny's attack barely seemed to do much to him and he can also phase

With a continuous charge, she basically disintegrated Red Tornado, someone who was her physical equal. She also killed another Kryptonian with her HV. So, quite powerful. Also, IIRC, Norrin felt Victor's electric attack.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Norrin felt Victors attack in the same way you or I would feel a tickle. IIRC, Johhny's flames were said to be as hot as the sun or hotter in the first movie, though after he kinda exerted himself.

Remember that Surfer did survive his apparent planet busting suicide attack against Galactus. Do the CW Kryptonians have any comparable durability feats?

Also Surfer can still phase or blast her back.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers:

Norrin felt Victors attack in the same way you or I would feel a tickle. IIRC, Johhny's flames were said to be as hot as the sun or hotter in the first movie, though after he kinda exerted himself.

IIRC, only when Johhny went supernova to stop Victor, he was said to be hotter than sun. Otherwise, no.

Remember that Surfer did survive his apparent planet busting suicide attack against Galactus. Do the CW Kryptonians have any comparable durability feats? Also Surfer can still phase or blast her back.

Not really. But like someone else pointed out, Surfer can be knocked off his board with physical attack. And after that, he's basically down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: My point of bringing up the Supernova feat was to show that his flames were nothing to scoff at

And Surfer was never knocked off his board by physical force. Reed had to use a tachyon device to do that

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers:

My point of bringing up the Supernova feat was to show that his flames were nothing to scoff at

His supernova feat doesn't matter since he is normally not that powerful. Not even close.

And Surfer was never knocked off his board by physical force. Reed had to use a tachyon device to do that

I'm quoting acer515 here-

It was shown at the end of the Rise of the Silver Surfer that Dr.Doom (who had absorbed Silver Surfers full powers) could be separated from the board with a simple wrecking ball once sufficiently disoriented by a composite Johnny Storm.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer515 said:
@peterparkerjr said:
@acer515 said:
@peterparkerjr said:

Knock him off his board.

Fox Silver Surfer can't operate without his board.

And how she's gonna do that? It took a Reed Richards plot device to knock him off the board. He can't be knocked off via speed blitz.

CBS Supergirl can lift over 1 million tons with ease.

It was shown at the end of the Rise of the Silver Surfer that Dr.Doom (who had absorbed Silver Surfers full powers) could be separated from the board with a simple wrecking ball once sufficiently disoriented by a composite Johnny Storm.

Based on this I think Supergirl could successfully speed blitz, or otherwise knock Silver Surfer off the board.

I also argue that Kara has been shown to be sufficiently powerful to fight Silver Surfer normally, at least long enough to knock him off the board.

In any case I don't really think it's fair to say Fox Silver Surfer would stomp CW Kara.

Kara being able to lift a million tons is not removing Surfer from his board. And Doom didn't exactly have the same connection to the board that Surfer had.

If Supergirl tries to blitz Surfer, who's much faster than she is, she'll just get absorbed into his board:

No Caption Provided

Or she'll end up like Johnny when he tried to fight him.

Loading Video...

Kara doesn't have anything in her arsenal to hurt Surfer. Whereas Surfer can phase through anything, his thunderclaps have leveled half a forest, he's knocked around missiles, his force energy can hurt Kara, and he's also soloed a planetary being that can eat planets.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BruceRogers

@rbt: Well then the same can be said for Kara, no?. Does she consistently top at 1 million tons?.

And Doom isnt Surfer, so their feats and shortcommings arent transferable. For one, how do you know that Doom had the same connection to the board as the Surfer did?

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RBT

@brucerogers:

Well then the same can be said for Kara, no?. Does she consistently top at 1 million tons?.

She does. Just because she doesn't have a million ton lifting feat in every episode doesn't mean she can't. And its not same with her as it is with Johhny. His power fluctuates. Hers don't.

And Doom isnt Surfer, so their feats and shortcommings arent transferable. For one, how do you know that Doom had the same connection to the board as the Surfer did?

Why wouldn't he? He literally stole all the power from Norrin. There is no reason to believe that Victor was any less powerful or any different from Norrin.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. You're missing context. Plot device for Norrin, and only when Johnny ruined Doom's device was he separated from the board.

@rbt said:

I'm quoting acer515 here-

And he's wrong. Thus so are you.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Well I havent seen Supergirl to contest that point,so I will take your word for it.

Again, I brought up the supernova feat to show how powerful his flames are in general.

As for Victor, he failed to show the level of damage output or the matter manipulation Norrin had showed. Plus Norrin could still call his board towards him when it was in a close enough vicinity, something Victor never showed. Not to mention the fact that Victor was using it for the first time ever and would not have the level of control over it that Norrin possessed.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Well I havent seen Supergirl to contest that point,so I will take your word for it.

Again, I brought up the supernova feat to show how powerful his flames are in general.

As for Victor, he failed to show the level of damage output or the matter manipulation Norrin had showed. Plus Norrin could still call his board towards him when it was in a close enough vicinity, something Victor never showed. Not to mention the fact that Victor was using it for the first time ever and would not have the level of control over it that Norrin possessed.

I rewatched the last part of movie. It wasn't physical force that knocked Victor off the board. SO, I'll concede on that one.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Good point. I completely forgot about that since its been a while since I have seen the films

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I'm blessed with having a near photographic memory of the FF films. :/

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you hate Kara or something? LoL Silver Surfer stomps.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer with ease.

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surfer planet busts

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin beats her without breaking a sweat...don't think he does ever

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: @rbt: @peterparkerjr: @acer515:

This one seems like a draw to me. Surfer didn't seem to have any obvious weaknesses to blunt force trauma, heat or cold, so I'm not sure how Supergirl would end the fight. And on the flipside, Surfer doesn't really have a sure way to KO Supergirl. I guess he could BFR her into space, but she's strong enough to overpower him if he tries to grab her by the throat and drag her into space, like he did Human torch. It seems like they would stalemate each other. How does Surfer finish her?

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one seems like a draw to me. Surfer didn't seem to have any obvious weaknesses to blunt force trauma, heat or cold, so I'm not sure how Supergirl would end the fight. And on the flipside, Surfer doesn't really have a sure way to KO Supergirl. I guess he could BFR her into space, but she's strong enough to overpower him if he tries to grab her by the throat and drag her into space, like he did Human torch. It seems like they would stalemate each other. How does Surfer finish her?

Silver Surfer was casually able to blow entire military equipment to bits. Doom with his powers completely disintegrated General Hager, going all out he destroyed Galactus. Surfer literally has countless ways of beating her.

Supergirl is powerful for sure but this a curbstomp.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CramAndman

@cramandman said:

Silver Surfer was casually able to blow entire military equipment to bits. Doom with his powers completely disintegrated General Hager, going all out he destroyed Galactus. Surfer literally has countless ways of beating her.

Supergirl is powerful for sure but this a curbstomp.

General Hager is a human being, he isn't anything like Supergirl and Doom was bested by a composite of the fantastic four. In the end, if he needs to go all out as he did against Galactus to destroy Supergirl, then it's basically a draw, as he committed suicide to do so. Winning by that slim a margin, isn't much of a victory.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BruceRogers

@cramandman: Surfer didnt commit suicide. He was clearly alive and well during the stinger.

And as noted above, Doom was only really bested after Johnny destroyed his device.

And to answer your question, he just blasts her to smithereens.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: Surfer didnt commit suicide. He was clearly alive and well during the stinger.

And as noted above, Doom was only really bested after Johnny destroyed his device.

And to answer your question, he just blasts her to smithereens.

Well, it clearly KO'ed him, which isn't a definitive victory for Surfer in my opinion. If it was a boxing match, it would be the equivalent of a double-KO, where one of the fighters died. In any case, you also think he can disintegrate Supergirl as Doom disintegrated the General, which would be a preferable outcome.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer atomizes Supergirl.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: Honestly, its a moot point since Kara doesnt have damage output nor durability close to planet level, so he would need far less to drop her.

Even if he does decide to go all out like he did against Galactus, he can come back from it while she cannot. Its still a victory.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Surfer destroys her.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By last0fth3risen

Silver Surfer killed Galactus (who, despite being some kind of weird cosmic cloud, did destroy Saturn). Supergirl gets owned here.

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ByondEon  Online
Loading Video...

Don't see how Supergirl can hurt him due to his durability and other powers. Not to mention his ridiculous speed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer wins

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer is not beating Kara until he goes all out. He has never faced anyone on Kara’s level before, someone who can lift 1,000,000 tons, who has beaten others at her level before, and who has replicated similar feats of speed ala comparisons with the Flash that including circling the globe multiple times to stop its orbit.

Kara is not winning by any means, but unless Silver Surfer has somehow abilities comparable to Mr. Mxlptlk, I can’t see how it’s an easy fight.