User Lists: 0

Can Shaw absorb Zod`s HV? If he can then I say he takes it without big effort

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@iceheart_30: He has absorbed explosion directed at him before so it's not a problem.

IceHeart_30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@iceheart_30: He has absorbed explosion directed at him before so it's not a problem.

Quantity of explosion?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

0:10 and 1:04

And if I recall correctly, his goal was to absorb sub's nuclear reactor and become a human atom bomb.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod's offensive output is nowhere near what Shaw was going to do with the nuclear energy.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod. Anyone who says Shaw doesn't realize that he could only consume so much energy at a time. A strike from Zod to the face is blowing his head off way before his body could consume and metabolize it.

Shaw

You bumped this without even understanding Shaw's power?

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

General Zod's got this.

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
newyorkjetsarecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod easy

Reap_ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know Shaws upper limits to his power. How much power was he absorbing from the reactor? And how quickly? Been a while since I seen the movie but did Shaw ever take a hit that would compare to what Zod can deliver? If you accept Shaw as a NLF then he wins but by feats I can remember then Zod should win. If I was smart enuf to answer my own questions I would have a definitive answer.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap_ii said:

I dont know Shaws upper limits to his power. How much power was he absorbing from the reactor? And how quickly? Been a while since I seen the movie but did Shaw ever take a hit that would compare to what Zod can deliver? If you accept Shaw as a NLF then he wins but by feats I can remember then Zod should win. If I was smart enuf to answer my own questions I would have a definitive answer.

No.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rijehu

Shaw is the guy who can apparently absorb a nuke, but can't take a coin in his skull...YEAH Zod bodies him

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@rijehu said:

Shaw is the guy who can apparently absorb a nuke, but can't take a coin in his skull...YEAH Zod bodies him

Oh common man, the coin only worked because it was moving extremely slow while Shaw was TP'd.

Im not sure if he can win this battle but thats some super duper out of context lowballing.

Here is some blunt force durability.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MethoKi

@death4bunnies said:
@rijehu said:

Oh common man, the coin only worked because it was moving extremely slow while Shaw was TP'd.

Im not sure if he can win this battle but thats some super duper out of context lowballing.

Here is some blunt force durability.

For context, you do have to remember Shaw had already absorbed energy from the Reactor at that point. It's not his base durability in that last GIF.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Nah man lol. Its not lowballing because his durabilty doesn't change just because he's frozen. The coin wouldn't go through the head of any Kryptonian no matter what state they are positioned in. They tanked vastly more powerful forces in both peircing and blunt force. There is no context to be had here as it is inconsequential to the difference in scale.

Shaw is a beast in his own right but what is he gonna do here?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@death4bunnies: Nah man lol. Its not lowballing because his durabilty doesn't change just because he's frozen. The coin wouldn't go through the head of any Kryptonian no matter what state they are positioned in. They tanked vastly more powerful forces in both peircing and blunt force. There is no context to be had here as it is inconsequential to the difference in scale.

Shaw doesn't have any real 'durability' outside of his absorption powers. If his body can consume and metabolize the energy before it can do any damage, then he is practically tanking it. A regular human punching him won't do any damage because he'll consume all of the energy.

His body couldn't consume much energy from the coin because it was more pressure than it was kinetic energy being applied to him.... Much like when Thanos crushed Vision's Vibranium head.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@rijehu said:

Again not arguing for the win here.

But the coin definitely had context.

Shaw enhances his durability, and take away the force of an object via Kenetic energy absorption.

The reason Magneto was able to pierce him is because the extremely slow moving coin didn't have enough energy to amp him, or for him to energy steal.(seems a bit inconsistent the coin should of had some energy).

The TP just help him still doing enough for them to do it.

Saying Shaw count take a coin without context is super de duper lowballing.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Context matters. Shaw was frozen by Charles's TP when he was killed. He has no sold bullets in the past

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

On topic, shaw is still too OP for characters like this.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Shaw is stronger than zod, when he absorbed nuke he effortlessly overpowered Eriks Telekinesis , and magneto can lift 650 000 tons with ease, that is much better than anything superman or zod or entire dceu combined did, so shaw is stronger, when he absorbed he have better striking power then zod, even with completely effortless and very little and very slow tap to the head can send person flying 8 meters, not only that but even before nuke he throwed person 20 meters in air with one arm effortlessly, and no zod cannot overpower his energy absorption ,zod striking power is not on that level to easily kill shaw , his punch is around 100 tons of the force ,which is very impressive, but like another user said Zod's offensive output is nowhere near what Shaw was going to do with the nuclear energy. "For context, you do have to remember Shaw had already absorbed energy from the Reactor at that point. It's not his base durability in that last GIF." No, do you have any evidence that shaws durability is increased by more energy he absorbs? No, you dont , ok. That is not how his powers work,only his strength increses , and he gets abiltiy to manipualte that enery he absorbed, like granade launcher , and granade , and he keeps his youth , his immortality, and self sustance, he does not need to eat or drink or breathe ,but his durability does not increse, because his durabiltiy does not work that way, . Like you sourslef said, he is not like superman or zod, he does not have durable body , he absorbs energy of the attack , so that why his durabiltiy does not increase by more energy he have, his skin does not become strogner, look it this whay when something hits him he absorbs it , his absorbation abiltiy does not increase by him having more energy, it works same way, even if he have lot of energy like when he absorbed nuke , his powers work the same way, his durabiltiy is same ,"Shaw doesn't have any real 'durability' outside of his absorption powers" Not really, shaw have very impressive durability, sure his durability is achieved by absorbation powers, but that does not matter , superman in comcis have forcefield , that is reason for his durability, does that mean he have no durabiltiy ? No. there are diffirent explanation for durabiltiy, but it is still durabiltiy.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MethoKi

@darko1234: I'm going to quote what I said earlier in the thread;

"Shaw doesn't have any real 'durability' outside of his absorption powers. If his body can consume and metabolize the energy before it can do any damage, then he is practically tanking it."

You just went on a rant that only coincides with what I said in regard to his durability. The thing you don't seem to understand however is that once he absorbs the energy of say a nuclear reactor, it's very feasible that any amount of energy less than that won't do any damage because his body had already metabolized so much energy prior. Would you sit there and argue that Shaw would survive a 15kt nuke detonating right in his face without him absorbing any amount of energy prior?

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: "You just went on a rant that only coincides with what I said in regard to his durability. The thing you don't seem to understand however is that once he absorbs the energy of say a nuclear reactor, it's very feasible that any amount of energy less than that won't do any damage because his body had already metabolized so much energy prior. Would you sit there and argue that Shaw would survive a 15kt nuke detonating right in his face without him absorbing any amount of energy prior?" Agin wrong, thare is no evidence for that, just fan speculation, is it feasible ? sure, is it equally feasible that batman is secretly presence himself ? sure , i mean why not. But there is not evidence. Like i siad that is not how his powers work, his body does not adapt to energy , like you think, so that less energy will not hurt him , No. That is doomsday, he adapts to that amount of energy, and any less amount cannot hurt him, he evolves, and adapts, but not show, his body does not adapt, his body absorbs, his absorption powers do not increase by him having more energy, there is no evidence for that, so his durability does not increase. Would shaw survive 15 kt nuke, probably,he already absorbed that amount or more energy, BUT chances of him surviving nuke do not increase if he has more energy, because like i said his powers do not work that way .

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darko1234: Just a tip; if you want me to understand what you're saying, you probably should structure your posts better.

Your argument is a NLF. The most energy we've seen Shaw absorb at a time was probably in the form of a grenade explosion or a blast from Havok. The reactor he was absorbing took him several minutes to absorb and metabolize before he was ready to release it. You need to first prove that Shaw has taken something like a Hellfire or Maverick missile to the face, because he has only shown to take and consume energy in much smaller doses than a strike from Zod to the face would deliver.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on rules in OP, Shaw eventually.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darko1234

@batman242: Shaw also effortlessly absorbed powerful rocket fired by police at him, and when he realsed that energy it was powerful enaugh to easily destroy entire very large room where he fighted police and basicyl disintegrate entire swat team, and he was unfazed by that, so that was effortlest and not his limit, and he absorbed entire reactor in 3 minutes, and zod cannot realse that much energy in 3 minuts that he alredy absorbed, so my point is he would be able to absorb zod punches becase zod in 3 minutes would not realse more energy than entire nuclear reactor from powerful nuclear submarine that turned shaw into living nuclear bomb , he could destroy entire city with that if he realesd it all at once, he alredy absorbe more energy that zod can delvier, and i this is shaw after he absorbed reactor so we can use those feats, he is stronger than zod in both raw strength and punching power, so he can also hurt zod .

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darko1234: Him releasing the energy is entirely irrelevant to what we're discussing. We're talking about a Shaw that's at base level of strength and has not consumed any energy before the battle. The nuclear reactor is also irrelevant since he didn't absorb all the energy at once or even in the form of kinetic energy. He sapped a reactor of power over time, which is different from taking a massive amount of energy in the form of a hit like a nuclear bomb delivers.

You saw "powerful" rocket as though that should mean something here. What kind of rocket was it? How many tons of explosives does it translate to?

jaakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh please, shaw absorbs his hits and bodies Zod,

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod wins without breaking a sweat.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By darko1234

@batman242: Why are we talking about base shaw, it was never said it was bas shaw , i thought we are talking about shaw from his entire move including his best feats with nuclear energy.are we using base zod? No, why would we use base shaw .

"didn't absorb all the energy at once or even in the form of kinetic energy. He sapped a reactor of power over time, which is different from taking a massive amount of energy in the form of a hit like a nuclear bomb delivers."

First kinetic energy or not, it is irelvant, shaw can absorb all forms of energy equally not just one type, that is why he is bulletproof, sure shaw did not absorb all energy at once , he absorbed it in 3 minute but my point is zod cannot in 3 minute create as much energy as powerful nuclear reactor have, not even close, so shaw will be fine , sure he cannot absorb entire nuclear reactor at once, he needs some time, but zod cannot create energy of powerful nuclear reactor that can destroy city in one hit, not even close , so shaw will be fine, he can absorb his hits and beat him eventualy,

" You saw "powerful" rocket as though that should mean something here. What kind of rocket was it? How many tons of explosives does it translate to?"

How powerful, well when shaw released that energy, it was powerful enaugh to easily and completly destroy large part of large building, it was very huge , it basicly destroyed evreything in raduius of 30-40 meters, and desintrigated entire swat team in armors, and treated strogn and thick concrete like if it was paper, and like i said shaw was unfazed by that, and by magnetos powers.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darko1234: You're the only one presuming both characters aren't at their base levels. Since the OP gave no extra stipulations other than what they put in their post, we have to conclude that they both start at their usual. Zod would be a semi-powered Kryptonian and Shaw has consumed 0 energy.

Again, how powerful was the rocket he took?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Thanks for actually answering the question.

I'm aware of the site, it was pretty useful for several characters I debated for. Would've been nice if the guy making claims could support them, though.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies: Thanks for actually answering the question.

I'm aware of the site, it was pretty useful for several characters I debated for. Would've been nice if the guy making claims could support them, though.

My bad. Lol. Getting ahead of my skis once again.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By darko1234

@batman242: " Again, how powerful was the rocket he took?" hahahha , are you kidding me, i just said how powerful it is, what do you want more, just watch scene, when shaw relased rocket he destroyed large part of bulding and desintrigated entire swat team in amror, so so that rocket was cleary very powerful,so like i siad shaw can absorb all zods punches and would eventualy beat him.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: " Again, how powerful was the rocket he took?" hahahha , are you kidding me, i just said how powerful it is, what do you want more, just watch scene, when shaw relased rocket he destroyed large part of bulding and desintrigated entire swat team in amror, so so that rocket was cleary very powerful,so like i siad shaw can absorb all zods punches and would eventualy beat him.

Instead of just making claims, you can present evidence. This is the third time I'm asking you to tell me what kind of rocket it was. Can you even show me the scene?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darko1234
macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod punches his head off.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MethoKi

@darko1234 said:

@batman242: Okay, i tougth you would see that for yourself on his RT, but here is scene https://gfycat.com/belovedbrokenkitten

Here is how powerful was that explosion when he released it

You're presenting to me only the after effects of what Shaw absorbed, which should be a lot of energy from rockets and bullets alike since they were so many officers around. You present your argument as though he took 1 rocket then released that much energy, which would be completely disingenuous on your part.

What I asked for was the scene where he absorbed the energy, not released it. His output isn't the point of discussion, it's the absorption.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Shaw absorb kinetic energy?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@captainsweatpan said:

Can Shaw absorb kinetic energy?

Yes

These bullets should be kinetic. He also absorbed Magnetos unimpressive punch.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Shaw survive being punched into space?

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By darko1234

@batman242: Point is he absorbed rocket and then redirect that energy and you have seen what it did, he only absorbed one rocket, he did not realse energy from bullets, but from rocket, for example when he absorbed plasma from havoc he realised that plasma and used it to kill darwin, he used energy from plasma, not energy from bullets, so energy from bullets does not increase power of his explosion, energy from bullets only makes him stronger, and gives him other powers like immortaltiy , and super stmaina and self sustance, when he absorbs kinetic energy he only gets stronger, but when he absorbs explosion he can then redirect that same energy he absorbed, so that is how strong was rocket, bullets have nothing to do with that, that was explosive energy, and not kinetic energy.So that is how strong rocket was.That is why after he absorbed havoc energy, he could manipulate and use that energy, he did not use explosions but that energy from havoc he absorbed , because that was what he had absorbed , he cannot absorb energy from rocket and then shoot ligthing, he needs to absorb lighting to shoot lightning .