User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PayneInTheAss
No Caption Provided

Al battles takes place here

• Magneto starts on the gray building
  • The enemies start on the ground, on the opposite end
No Caption Provided
  • All of these are on character, Magneto is bloodlusted
  • Mags can win by any means possible (Death, KO, Incap, BFR)

Round 1 : MCU Abomination

Round 2 : MCU Hulk

Round 3 : MCU Thor (no use of lightning)

Round 3.5: DCEU Superman (no use of heat vision)

Round 4 : FOX Silver Surfer

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

FASSSSSBENDER

Stomps abomination.

Beats hulk handily.

Could lose to Thor due to his willingness to kill but should win basically every time if he goes straight to manipulating his armor.

Superman is the same as Thor but slightly easier due to morals.

Unless surfer is entirely metal Mags gets stomped at 4 on implied power alone.

Enderules3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say Thor or MoS can beat him before he is able to use his power to it's fullest. Surfer lol stomps

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Thor.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at hulk. Hulk got slammed through a massive building and it didn't even come close to knocking him out. Magneto can throw all the metal and buildings he wants but it won't ko hulk. All these guys after abomination go through buildings like cardboard. It would just be a waiting game until magneto wore out or there wasn't enough rubble to launch at them

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Superman

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

Probably stops at Superman. It's likely that Magneto can control Thor's hammer; there is no magic to protect it in the MCU, robots can lift it, and he has done it in the comics (no, they aren't the same version, but the precedence is there). There's far more evidence to suggest that he can lift it than there is to suggest that he cannot.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark kills him

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: There is "magic" The enchantment of Odin. One Robot can lift it, according to Thor it was because he was worthy this is backed up more by cap being able to "move it" on the table. There is nothing that suggests Magneto could control it, i would love to know what evidence there is to prove that Magneto can "lift" it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JediXMan  Moderator
@lariend said:

@jedixman: There is "magic" The enchantment of Odin. One Robot can lift it, according to Thor it was because he was worthy this is backed up more by cap being able to "move it" on the table. There is nothing that suggests Magneto could control it, i would love to know what evidence there is to prove that Magneto can "lift" it.

There is absolutely no magic. Everything is through technology; this has been confirmed multiple times over. Thor said that he was worthy in order to make himself feel better, but Vision lifting it is no different than an elevator lifting the hammer. Vision lifted it, but he didn't wield it, or gain the powers of Thor. Again: there is no magic whatsoever, nor will there ever be as long as Feige is around.

By "lift" of "control," I meant that Magneto could "toss" Thor, or take it away from him, not actively control it himself or pick it up with his hands. Just that he could take it from Thor's hands, or take Thor with it. There's a precedence for it in the comics, there is no metal that Magneto has been unable to lift, and there's no magical argument to stop him from doing it. Magneto should be able to use his powers to send Thor flying, especially when Thor himself wears metal.

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Well we can't go after the the producer says only what we see in the show, and we have seen that Odin made Thor unworthy so there is some magic or "highly advanced Asgardian" technology in the Hammer so unless Magneto have proven that he can control something like Mjolnir we can't just assume that he can since he have been able to control every metal he come across. But there is a strong chance he could deflect it easily, but not send it flying.

I'd call Vision hitting Ultron straight in the face wielding sure he didn't summon any lightning though but i doubt a elevator or anything that only can "lift" something would be able to smack someone with that much force.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

1. A bloodlusted Magneto can have most of those cars ripped apart and embedded into anyone he wants. Abom and Hulk either get impaled or pinned for an incap before they can get to him.
  2. Thor's hammer is his biggest weakness here. No lightning means no range. He goes down the same way.
  3. Clark has the advantage of flight. Mags can't pin him and Supe has the highest durability here. This is where he stops.
  4. It's a straight shot with Surfer since he can just phase through everything. Traveling the distance will be more taxing than dealing with Magneto.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JediXMan  Moderator
@lariend said:

@jedixman: Well we can't go after the the producer says only what we see in the show, and we have seen that Odin made Thor unworthy so there is some magic or "highly advanced Asgardian" technology in the Hammer so unless Magneto have proven that he can control something like Mjolnir we can't just assume that he can since he have been able to control every metal he come across. But there is a strong chance he could deflect it easily, but not send it flying.

Yes, we can. He runs how things work in the MCU. Dr. Strange will not have magic, and Thor is not a world of magic. There is no point in debating this; it's a commonly accepted fact of the MCU at this point.

How can he deflect it, but not send it flying? If you want to argue that Thor's "TK" connection to the hammer is strong enough to fight off Magneto's manipulation, fine, I can see that and we can discuss whose TK is stronger. But if he is already capable of deflecting Mjolnir (when it isn't "grounded" to Thor or something else - when it is grounded, like when Thor is holding it, Mjolnir is often deflected), he's capable of manipulation.

@lariend said:

I'd call Vision hitting Ultron straight in the face wielding sure he didn't summon any lightning though but i doubt a elevator or anything that only can "lift" something would be able to smack someone with that much force.

You're missing the point: he used it like a hammer. He didn't get anything from it, just like an elevator wouldn't get anything from it. Technology exerting force over the hammer without human intervention would be the same across the board.

I'm also arguing that indirect lifting via TK is different than direct interactions (lifting with bare hands, using a truck - which is still directly controlled by a person via physical connections, etc.)

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Well we still can't go after what a producer says, if he proves it in his works then yes otherwise no, it's like GRR Martin, saying that Jamie Lannister is stronger then Aragon from LOTR, sure he can state it but it won't be true unless he proves it in his works. Until we have some evidence we can't just assume that every robot can lift Mjolnir.

We agree on that there is no magic in MCU, what i mean by magic is similar to Mxys Reality warping, "technology so advanced it looks like magic"

I'm sure Magneto can deflect the hammer somehow, my point of the statement is that the Hammer will not be off any effect in the battle since Magneto easily could block it with something like a car as a example.

Where have it been stated that it's Telekinesis Thor uses? It could be mental properties, remember the hammer started flying towards Thor when he was dead/unconscious in the first movie, we have on idea what makes the hammer fly towards Thor when he "calls for it"

Again we have 0 evidence to prove that magnetos electromagnetic manipulation field can effect Uru metal at all. To assume that Magneto can just send the hammer flying away is something we have no evidence to support.

We can agree on that Magneto win however.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Yes, we can. He runs how things work in the MCU. Dr. Strange will not have magic, and Thor is not a world of magic. There is no point in debating this; it's a commonly accepted fact of the MCU at this point.

A minor quibble. While Thor explicitly explained in the first movie that magic = highly advanced technology tapping into quantum physics + arcane terminology (e.g. "Integral Design Theory" in Planetary), this seems to be the MCU's attempt to quash inevitable headaches from their interaction without any substantial change. By claiming that magic overlaps with science and merely differs on the paradigm front, it eliminates any possible confusion from the audience or attempts to point out inconsistencies from dedicated fans. However, I'll gamble that the MCU will not follow the line of logic to its inevitable endpoint. After all, that would render the magic side moot given enough time and potentially anger those who closely adhere to the comic books. It is, for all intents and purposes, a semantic distinction. So far Mjolnir's interactions in the MCU have mirrored its interactions in the comic-book universe, and we shouldn't expect it to change anytime soon.

All your observations about MCU Vision and Magneto concerning Mjolnir are correct from memory. MCU Vision follows the "if it's a robot/construct without a soul, then it can swing around the hammer" logic that dates back to the comic book introduction of the Destroyer, and Magneto has manipulated Mjolnir before. Thor can override his control with his mental connection but whatever.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not beating MoS Superman...

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to Wolverine in DOFP? Where he got pierced and thrown into the ocean?

I see that happening to Hulk/Abom.

Maybe not Thor, but still, Mags beats him.

Stops at Supes I think.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lariend said:

Until we have some evidence we can't just assume that every robot can lift Mjolnir.

we have 0 evidence to prove that magnetos electromagnetic manipulation field can effect Uru metal at all. To assume that Magneto can just send the hammer flying away is something we have no evidence to support.

Well, it has precedent in the comic book. Since robots and various artificial constructs are not technically living beings, they can lift Mjolnir without having access to its powers. This has been consistent for 40+ years.

There's no reason to assume Magneto can't do it. Uru metal is special because it can store and channel magical energy easily (although magic doesn't exist in the MCU); it's not like it is inherently resistant to EM manipulation.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Superman

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might beat Thor (slim chance) but he definitely stops at Superman. And honestly, there is a really good chance that Hulk beats him.

T1793456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does he beat Hulk?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@lariend said:

Where have it been stated that it's Telekinesis Thor uses? It could be mental properties, remember the hammer started flying towards Thor when he was dead/unconscious in the first movie, we have on idea what makes the hammer fly towards Thor when he "calls for it"

That's why I put telekinesis in quotations. What I meant to say was, essentially, "telekinesis" for lack of a better term for it. Summoning, TK... eh, don't know what to call it. You know what I mean.

@lariend said:

We can agree on that Magneto win however.

Fair enough.

@jedixman said:

A minor quibble. While Thor explicitly explained in the first movie that magic = highly advanced technology tapping into quantum physics + arcane terminology (e.g. "Integral Design Theory" in Planetary), this seems to be the MCU's attempt to quash inevitable headaches from their interaction without any substantial change. By claiming that magic overlaps with science and merely differs on the paradigm front, it eliminates any possible confusion from the audience or attempts to point out inconsistencies from dedicated fans. However, I'll gamble that the MCU will not follow the line of logic to its inevitable endpoint. After all, that would render the magic side moot given enough time and potentially anger those who closely adhere to the comic books. It is, for all intents and purposes, a semantic distinction. So far Mjolnir's interactions in the MCU have mirrored its interactions in the comic-book universe, and we shouldn't expect it to change anytime soon.

They're following this with Dr. Strange, who won't be using magic. He'll be using physics, according to Feige, since science / physics look like magic to lesser beings.

All your observations about MCU Vision and Magneto concerning Mjolnir are correct from memory. MCU Vision follows the "if it's a robot/construct without a soul, then it can swing around the hammer" logic that dates back to the comic book introduction of the Destroyer, and Magneto has manipulated Mjolnir before. Thor can override his control with his mental connection but whatever.

Agreed. As I said, it can be debated as to whose power is greater when they struggle for possession of Mjolnir.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Stomps, then stops at Supes.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CosmicSpiral

@jedixman said:

They're following this with Dr. Strange, who won't be using magic. He'll be using physics, according to Feige, since science / physics look like magic to lesser beings.

I meant that Feige claims that, but it will probably work exactly like the magic in the standard comic book universe. Odin's enchantment in the MCU is just "Odin's science thingamabob that happens to replicate the exact same effects". It's smoke and mirrors purely for the less-informed audiences. So far there has been no appreciate difference in Thor's powers besides scale.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Wait....Not to derail this thread, but it's been confirmed that Doc Strange will not be using magic/mysticism?! Please tell me that's not confirmed?

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t1793456: Bro that's what I am saying? Fox Magneto is a sad comparison to the comic counterpart. Like... how does he incap Hulk? That dude takes missiles and high caliber bullets daily like they are annoying.

Fox Magnetos best feat is stomping all those missiles and redirecting them.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the Thor people. How does he get past Hulk? Hulk has much better physical feats in MCU than Thor. Magneto most likely can control the hammer. Since we have nothing in the movies we can go on, we may as well fall back on the comics. Where mags can control said hammer.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Thor probably

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By IndomitableRegal

Could make it to Superman, but I think he loses there.

T1793456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People acting like Magneto could pass Hulk. There's no way.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JediXMan  Moderator
@jedixman said:

I meant that Feige claims that, but it will probably work exactly like the magic in the standard comic book universe. Odin's enchantment in the MCU is just "Odin's science thingamabob that happens to replicate the exact same effects". It's smoke and mirrors purely for the less-informed audiences. So far there has been no appreciate difference in Thor's powers besides scale.

Feige appears to want to appeal to the broad audience by keeping the MCU relatively grounded, and revolving around tech / science.

@jedixman: Wait....Not to derail this thread, but it's been confirmed that Doc Strange will not be using magic/mysticism?! Please tell me that's not confirmed?

This is the quote from Feige:

I just watched the Neil deGrasse Tyson ‘Cosmos’ series, which is amazing, and which may as well be an acid trip. It is mind-bending and it’s all based in physics and based in quantum mechanics. We’re going to play a lot with the notion of that as an explanation for how the sorcerers do what they do.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at surfer I guess

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I can't even beginning to tell you how disappointed I am to read that. I for the life of me can't figure out why it's such a thing to them to include magic/supernatural themes into the MCU. They're owned by Disney, the same company the coin phrased "The most magical place on Earth." I let it go with Thor and all, but damn that sucks

:-\

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass I like your threads in the future can you tag me if you do callouts. Thanks.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass I like your threads in the future can you tag me if you do callouts. Thanks.

sure man, I appreciate it, thank you

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'll say Thor or MoS can beat him before he is able to use his power to it's fullest. Surfer lol stomps

Thor's armor is metal, and so is his hammer. Magneto takes his hammer, then he forces a thich steel spear through his body / chokes him with his own armor or just blasts him with all metal nearby. Thor was injured by a rock, he can be put down by steel.

Superman is tough, but isn't going to lift a city-worth of rubble from the top of himself.

SS just lolstomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: except we haven't seen the upper limits of superman's powers. Magneto is getting blitzed

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nwname  Moderator

@apex_pretador: ?? Iirc Thor was never hurt by a rock. Kurse punched him right there ,where it was shown to be bleeding after the rock hit thor, so its likely that. And thor tanked destruction of bifrost which was at least small nuke level, and survived the destruction of sokovia so its an outlier at worst.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: ?? Iirc Thor was never hurt by a rock. Kurse punched him right there ,where it was shown to be bleeding after the rock hit thor, so its likely that. And thor tanked destruction of bifrost which was at least small nuke level, and survived the destruction of sokovia so its an outlier at worst.

Thor was bleeding like hell when he was it by that rock.

Kurse's blows were not giving him any damage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: small nuke? Thor nd loki were pushed away by the force of the explosion. U could even see them pushed away by the shockwave. The boulder that hurt thor wasn't even very solid. It shattered on impact, even a wrecking ball would do better

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: thor also got his face slid up the side of a cliff by ironman with 0 damage. So it most likely wasn't the rock imo

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By APEX_pretador

@cfrehse said:

@apex_pretador: thor also got his face slid up the side of a cliff by ironman with 0 damage. So it most likely wasn't the rock imo

That's a different thing. Getting a rock thrown so hard that it blows up on you >>> getting slid up a cliff.