User Lists: 0

Wong cuts her in half

Escrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Magik's agility and combat skills should allow her the win for now. Wong needs more feats.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illyana cuts him in half

GamerDude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GamerDude77

Magik has the advantage in this fight. One reason is her portals. During the scene when she slaughters the smiley man, it was shown that she was using her portals continously with ease and easily killed them. Another is that she's an excellent acrobatic shown in her fight against the demon bear when she was able to propel herself into the air just by using her sword and also dodging one of the demon bear's attacks. The final reason is that she could both port her and Wong inside limbo like she done with Dani and The Demon Bear at times. From my perception, I think it's safe to say that Magik is much stronger in Limbo than in the normal realm.

Her powers:

Loading Video...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Zetsu-San

Magik should stomp. She's way better with portals than Wong, better stats, and none of the MCU Wizards have ever portal-sliced someone as an intentional form of attack.

Wong would also have to deal with Lockheed at the same time as Magik.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zetsu-San

@gamerdude77:

The final reason is that she could both port her and Wong inside limbo like she done with Dani and The Demon Bear at times. From my perception, I think it's safe to say that Magik is much stronger in Limbo than in the normal realm.

It seems more like it flickers into reality rather than porting people in.

I was under the impression that Limbo isn't really a true dimension like in the comics, but rather an internal fantasy world, that she uses as a psychological clutch for limited reality warping. I'm sure people will actually enter it in the sequels, but until she fully masters it, I don't think she can do anything there that she can't in the real world.

Edit: Then again, Marvel owns X-men now, so they may decide to make it a true dimension and link it to the whole Multiverse of Madness event.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magik should stomp. She's way better with portals than Wong, better stats, and none of the MCU Wizards have ever portal-sliced someone as an intentional form of attack.

Wong would also have to deal with Lockheed at the same time as Magik.

GamerDude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamerdude77:

The final reason is that she could both port her and Wong inside limbo like she done with Dani and The Demon Bear at times. From my perception, I think it's safe to say that Magik is much stronger in Limbo than in the normal realm.

I was under the impression that Limbo isn't really a true dimension like in the comics, but rather an internal fantasy world, that she uses as a psychological clutch for limited reality warping. I'm sure people will actually enter it in the sequels, but until she fully masters it, I don't think she can do anything there that she can't in the real world.

Edit: Then again, Marvel owns X-men now, so they may decide to make it a true dimension and link it to the whole Multiverse of Madness event.

That's very interesting and maybe you're right, but I would like to disagree with that. I think that Limbo is a real dimension because of one evidence and one evidence only. The spell that she uses to get in. I think that piece of evidence is enough to clarify that Limbo is not just a reality created by Illyana herself but a real dimension. We don't know how she learned it but it's safe to presume that someone must have taught her that spell. Again we don't know who, but that should allude that you need a spell to get inside the realm, including Illyana who can create portals. So that means Limbo is of magical nature, meaning that it's presumably a real realm.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zetsu-San

@gamerdude77:

I think that Limbo is a real dimension because of one evidence and one evidence only. The spell that she uses to get in. I think that piece of evidence is enough to clarify that Limbo is not just a reality created by Illyana herself but a real dimension.

Or it's just a psychological thing. The story seemed to place a lot of emphasis on her powers being tied to escapism fantasies. Everything is magical, because it's her personal little fairy tale world. That's why her puppet turns into Lockheed when Limbo is being used.

If it were a legitimate dimension, Lockheed would probably be real all the time.

GamerDude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Probably. But in my opinion, I think it's way cooler for it to be a real dimension. It's just more comic accurate and shows that she's powerful enough to enter a completely, separate world.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamerdude77: I think it all being her fantasy fits the world Fox has built better.

Suddenly involving demons and magic would be too random and left field for Fox-verse.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik stomps. His portals are far slower than hers. She'd slice him in half before he even gets to use his sling ring.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik wins.

Mama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU fans and their portal cut logic. Typical

TheAltOfAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheAltOfAngel

Since I have not seen The New Mutants yet and many people are saying that Magik can just teleport behind Wong, I am rooting for Magik to win this fight... Wong is also an expert when it comes to jobbing, so that's a huge disadvantage for him. Magik, on the other hand, could probably just slice him in half.

Mama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just seen movie. Magik simply is way faster, has actual combat feat against some metaphysical being, she is called to be magic being and was most powerful mutant until Dani came. Also her sword >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> puny whips of Wong or featless sword of Dr Strange

Mama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamerdude77:

I would rather to wait for next movies to explain everything.

Remember when Illiana Rasputin have read her own file it was written "killer. with limitless potential" also she is called to be magic being. Maybe it is limitless potential what could make sense since she could drain power from limbo.

No idea why she was still overpowered by Dr Reyes ( like couldn't she escape forcefield by teleportation ) or maybe Dr Reyes's force field also had counter hax ( until Demon Bear teared through force filed oneshoting it ). Hard to say how strong forcefield was but had great feats. Maybe Magik didn't tapped into her true potential since she was being very supressed in that prison

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zetsu-San

@mama7: I don’t think the “Limitless Potential” thing was meant to be taken literally, or even in reference to raw power. I think they wanted her as an assassin type.

Even if they do mean power, it could just as easily be due to the fact that she’s basically a reality warper who’s brought an entire fantasy world to life.

I don’t remember anyone referring to her as “magical” in an official/scientific capacity.

Mama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mama7

@zetsu-san said:

@mama7: I don’t think the “Limitless Potential” thing was meant to be taken literally, or even in reference to raw power. I think they wanted her as an assassin type.

I think you might be right, but i am not sure. I prefer to wait for later movies to explain her powers more. Even if they crossed with MCU via multiverse thing they could explain her powers more, limbo thing

Even if they do mean power, it could just as easily be due to the fact that she’s basically a reality warper who’s brought an entire fantasy world to life.

Maybe you are right or maybe she can access it. I don't know did she create it or not. I would like to wait for more movies to find out.

I don’t remember anyone referring to her as “magical” in an official/scientific capacity.

Main problem is in all verses where Sci-fi and fantasy coexist along each other is fact that science tries to explain magic as super complicated phenomena with rational explanations. But magic for fantasy .....is magic just nothing to explain.

For instnace in MCU movies asgardians say to Jane Foster it is magic soul device while she already recognises Quantum Field generator.

In Star Wars verse The Force for simple jedi is some kind of mystical force of life, but for scientists it is result of midichlorians ( microbical organisms )

Or ( If u watch CW shows ) Reign in Supergirl show is called to be some kind of cosmic force connected to dark magic afterlife dimension with infinite power, while Lena Luthor ( scientist ) just says it is simple molecular DNA mechanism where u need specific heavy metal compound to make enzymes to accept plazmid.

And so on, and so on

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7: What I meant, is that I don’t recall anyone ever stating she’s magic, as in something separate from normal mutant powers.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7: For the record, I do think Marvel/Disney will push her abilities to be more mystical, like her comic counterpart, so that they can tie it to the whole multiverse stuff and ring X-Men into the MCU.

As far as fox’s intentions however, I don’t believe that’s what they were going for. I think Fox planned for her to be a reality warper who uses “magic” as a psychological means of controlling her powers.

Personally, I’d rather Magik stay the latter and to keep X-Men away from the MCU. I think Mutants as a concept can be very interesting and make for a decently grounded and believable story, but only if they remain in a setting build around that concept. Once you start introducing aliens, magic, and other sources of power, the suspension of belief stretches and breaks apart.

It’d be much better if Marvel just makes MCU versions of certain characters like Magik, Juggernaut, etc, who are magic based. I don’t even mind if they reuse the same actors.

Hell, they can even have Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool be another Super Soldier in MCU, but having him be completely aware of both universes.

Mama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mama7

@mama7: For the record, I do think Marvel/Disney will push her abilities to be more mystical, like her comic counterpart, so that they can tie it to the whole multiverse stuff and ring X-Men into the MCU.

As far as fox’s intentions however, I don’t believe that’s what they were going for. I think Fox planned for her to be a reality warper who uses “magic” as a psychological means of controlling her powers.

Personally, I’d rather Magik stay the latter and to keep X-Men away from the MCU. I think Mutants as a concept can be very interesting and make for a decently grounded and believable story, but only if they remain in a setting build around that concept. Once you start introducing aliens, magic, and other sources of power, the suspension of belief stretches and breaks apart.

It’d be much better if Marvel just makes MCU versions of certain characters like Magik, Juggernaut, etc, who are magic based. I don’t even mind if they reuse the same actors.

Hell, they can even have Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool be another Super Soldier in MCU, but having him be completely aware of both universes.

To be honest i would like to see at least one crossover movie where they would explain all things at once.

Just like they created Days of The Future Past joining old X-men franchise with new, by retconning it.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurus: Magik’s portals a much much much faster so he will never be able to lol

OT: Magik one shots

finalbeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik with low difficulty.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik due to speed even though Wong should have far more powerful versions of her powers. This could change tho, Wong just needs more feats.