Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Floopay

What is Floopay's Challenge?

Normally when I create threads, I try my best not to actually debate in them. In these threads, however, I will actually be debating. I will be making fair fights (as fair as I can find) and picking a side to debate with.

That being said. When you enter this thread you may feel free to debate for whichever character you like. Regardless of whether or not it's the character I've chosen to debate in defense of.

Why make this?

For those of you who don't know, I don't read much Marvel/DC these days. As a result, many of the characters I've grown fond of, I just can't make threads for. Mainly because most people haven't really heard of them, or have any real knowledge of what these characters can do. I find this will be a great way to debate against some of ComicVine's more popular character with less popular characters, and hopefully increase awareness of these less popular characters.

Drizzt Do'Urden (IDW & Devil's Due Comics, Novel Series)

This is who I will be debating for.

No Caption Provided

vs

Tomi Shishido (The Gorgon) (Marvel)

No Caption Provided

Battles takes place at Dusk, 5 minutes of daylight left

Partly Cloudy out

No Caption Provided

Round 1:

• Drizzt has his equipment from the first few books. That is, adamantium (Faerun) mesh armor, scimitars, and a bow with arrows. He doesn't have Guenhwyvar
  • Gorgon has a steel scimitar
  • Both start 100 feet apart
  • Can see the other in full view.
  • Both have general knowledge on the other
  • Morals on
  • In character

Round 2:

• Drizzt has full equipment and Tamariel. He doesn't have Guenhwyvar.
  • Gorgon has the Grasscutter
  • Both start 1.5 miles apart
  • They are hunting one another
  • Both have general knowledge on the other
  • Morals on
  • In character

Round 3

• Drizzt has full equipment and Tamariel. He doesn't have Guenhwyvar.
  • Gorgon has the grass cutter.
  • Both start 1.5 miles apart
  • Both have 1 hour of prep prior to the fight.
  • They are hunting one another
  • Both have general knowledge on the other, and their appearance
  • Morals on
  • In character

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sherlock

@floopay: Im not sure this is as close as you think.Gorgan is a beast no matter how you slice it.Drizzt is a baddass but I don't think he's in the same league

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: Drizzt has fought with guys who can crush obsidian into powder with a single swipe, he's fought against beings who are dang near hypersonic, and all of this was long before he had any of his magic gear.

Drow are superior to humans in terms of speed/reflexes, and Drizzt is honed to near perfection. Over and above this he comes with a set of bracers that doubles the rate at which his feat can move. Drizzt is well over eighty years old, and has spent everyday of his life (from the age of 16 and onward) practicing and honing his craft even further.

I'm looking forward to this debate.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Just saying this one needs more love. I accept your challenge Floopay!

I'm curious, are you referring to real obsidian? That stuff is very brittle. It's lower on the durability scale than granite which is some weak stuff.

Gorgan has also taken down legitimate speedsters. (Slingshot isn't the fastest but that is her power and she is quite fast)

His reflexes are certainly no joke not is his own speed. Considering he can sneak up on Wolverine using it and that takes done doing. Not only that but you have his telepathy and stone stare (you didn't nix either if them) and honestly that's why I find this to be overkill. The TP alone would make it near impossible to tag him considering his stats and other abilities. If he does happen to be tagged however you have the problem of his healing factor. All if these combined make him overkill for most people

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: Yes, and though brittle, crushing a man sized boulder of it to dust is still a lot of force.

Telepathy is going to be very useful, and the Stone Stare is nothing new to Drizzt. First of all, he's a drow, so he's naturally resistant to both telepathic intrusion AND the stone-stare. Second of all:

No Caption Provided

With general knowledge of the Gorgon, this is more than just a viable option. He's used this ability in the past to stop the petrifying stare of a Basilisk. He can enact these with a thought.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: Just stumbled back on this thread, any interest in continuing it?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@floopay: I must've missed this one. I'd back Drizzt. I honestly think he's a superior swordsman with better gear. In hand to hand I'd probably take Tomi, but in a swordfight there aren't many who can best Drizzt.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@floopay: I must've missed this one. I'd back Drizzt. I honestly think he's a superior swordsman with better gear. In hand to hand I'd probably take Tomi, but in a swordfight there aren't many who can best Drizzt.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drizzt

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@floopay: you made this just for me didn't you? Better keep tagging me in this man. I'm down fir debating un this as well, but would be supporting drizzt along with you. Lets take on some gorgon supporters.....even though I am a staunch fan of his capabilities as well. But drizzt is my dude......

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomi for a decent majority. Stronger, more reach, and he has a great healing factor. His TP and Stone Stare are also a big edges. Drizz has the overall magic item edge, but I would take Grasscutter over any one of Drizz's magic items. Dark sphere could be a problem, but Tomi has the speed and skill to negate it.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Drizzt, in my opinion, is the probably the second greatest swordsman of all time. The first goes to Zaknafein.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Drizzit really that impressive? I'll admit I'm ignorant of the guy but I thought he was more around the enhanced level?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jashro44 said:

Is Drizzit really that impressive? I'll admit I'm ignorant of the guy but I thought he was more around the enhanced level?

Yeah, he is. Add his equipment to the mix, and he starts to borderline fall out of the upper echelon of street level.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Drizzt, in my opinion, is the probably the second greatest swordsman of all time. The first goes to Zaknafein.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I feel that drizzt surpassed Zak in skill. I would easily agree to drizzt bring the greatest swordsman ever. Should have him weild cutter against tomi though....

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: At his base, Drizzt is well above peak human in terms of speed and reflexes. As a drow, he's naturally faster than any human. However, his training and level of skill has already allowed him to compete with people who far exceed even peak drow levels in terms of speed.

Naturally, your average drow is about peak human in terms of speed/reflexes, and a peak drow is a good deal faster than that. Drizzt has already shown that he can fight, parry, and dodge twin blade attacks from a drow who is literally twice as fast as a peak drow in terms of striking speed. Since then, Drizzt has looted the items that gave that guy those abilities, and put them on his feet. So now Drizzt can move, dodge, and maneuver twice as fast as a peak drow. He may as well be a blur.

So there's that. To top it off though, he's also a drow. Which affords him the following:

• Enhanced Vision - Drizzt can see fine detail from great distances, and has shown the ability to sever a bow string from a ten yards or more away at night.
    • Ultravision - In dim to no light scenarios (drow live in absolute darkness), drow can still see from great distances through the ultraviolet spectrum. Which means anything that gives off light, heat, or energy can be seen by them.
  • Enhanced Smell - It has been stated a few times that a drow can pick up on a human's scent from over a mile away.
  • Enhanced Hearing - Drizzt can track an echo miles through the winding caverns and tunnels of the underdark.
  • Sense Magic - Drizzt can sense when magic is going to be used on him or is being used near him. Several drow have shown this ability.
  • Globes of Darkness - Globe can summon a globe of absolute darkness (in which no light can penetrate, and nobody can see through) with up to a 30 foot diameter. He can do this several times per day.
  • Faerie Fire - Can cover multiple opponents in harmless purplish-blue flames. illuminates the target, making them nearly impossible to lose track of. People unaware of what Faerie Fire is have been known to react to it violently, as it looks like they have been lit on fire.
  • Telepathic Resistance - Most drow are specifically trained against telepathic intrusion, and Drizzt is no stranger to this training. He has resisted heavy telepathic intrusion for days on end, revealing very little of the information that was being forcefully removed.

Then, above that, he has several pieces of equipment to increase his speed, reflexes, resistances, and increase his striking power.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Meh, Cutter wasn't a scimitar, and even he admitted he would need to adapt his fighting style to it to truly master it.

As for Zaknafein. Drizzt need both all of his skill, and the assistance of Bruenor to take on one single drider (created from his brother), and has shown in the past to have similar difficulties against the powerful foe.

That being said, Zaknafein had one hand free, while his other three limbs were bound to a sacrificial altar, and had zero weapons. Despite all this, he was able to snatch a dagger from a high drow priestess, kill her, kill 2 more of her high priestess comrades, and then proceeded to kill two driders by himself with two (stole a second one) daggers and no armor. Drizzt couldn't perform that feat with full equipment and allies when the situation arose.

I have a very difficult time putting Drizzt above Zak in terms of skill. In fact, if it weren't for those nifty bracers of his, I'd say Zak would still whoop his sorry butt any day! :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Meh, Cutter wasn't a scimitar, and even he admitted he would need to adapt his fighting style to it to truly master it.

As for Zaknafein. Drizzt need both all of his skill, and the assistance of Bruenor to take on one single drider (created from his brother), and has shown in the past to have similar difficulties against the powerful foe.

That being said, Zaknafein had one hand free, while his other three limbs were bound to a sacrificial altar, and had zero weapons. Despite all this, he was able to snatch a dagger from a high drow priestess, kill her, kill 2 more of her high priestess comrades, and then proceeded to kill two driders by himself with two (stole a second one) daggers and no armor. Drizzt couldn't perform that feat with full equipment and allies when the situation arose.

I have a very difficult time putting Drizzt above Zak in terms of skill. In fact, if it weren't for those nifty bracers of his, I'd say Zak would still whoop his sorry butt any day! :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

fantastically put! well done. you make a very good argument here for Zaknafein, to which I do not not (at the moment at least) have the proper example to illustrate for Drizzt................let me do some digging here, memory fails me.....

I will give you that on the bracers though ;)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Thanks for reading,

Floopay