Flash Vs Superman

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1601  Edited By slimj87d

@digitalshooter9: No, because Flash's durability increases proportionally to the speed he travels. That's why he can take hits from Mongul at the last second before he even reved himself up while he was trying to talk to him.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May i bump this?

Linestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batdance: Its a power nor PIS. What do you have against flash anyway?

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

this is over!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: Stop spamming that scan in every thread you can find. It's completely out of context in several ways and implies nothing about how an actual Flash vs Superman fight would go (Flash, even New 52, would be able to win quite easily).

0_Apocalypse_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because of his speed, flash dodges everything Supes throws at him.

Flash has never been depicted to full potential.

He runs faster than the speed of light. Nuff said.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I posted this scan twice..What are you talking about i put it on every thread.?.Show me every thread i put it in..than you can STFU once you cant find them!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I posted this scan twice..What are you talking about i put it on every thread.?.Show me every thread i put it in..than you can STFU once you cant find them!

Once was more than enough. I'm sure you planned to never post those two pictures together in any other thread. It's a bad, misleading post and it doesn't bear repeating.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once was more than once coming from the guy who thinks i post the same pics on every threads..This isn't misleading..It shows He can be just as fast as flash when he needs to..1 finger is what he only needs!!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1610  Edited By Dredeuced

@transformaa said:

Once was more than once coming from the guy who thinks i post the same pics on every threads..This isn't misleading..It shows He can be just as fast as flash when he needs to..1 finger is what he only needs!!

He can't be just as fast as Flash when he needs to, though. For instance, Flash could avoid the Omega Beam in that very same Story arc while Superman couldn't. Flash spent the first several panels of their fight running circles around Superman, trying to keep him off of Hal, and Superman couldn't hit him. Superman needed several tries of Barry staying right next to him to surprise him and hit him. Flash's combat speed is inherently superior, and frankly, Superman still doesn't have an answer to Barry's ability to phase or Barry's ability to open the Speed Force around Supes and leave him there for as long as he wants.

And "1 finger is what he only needs" is this a joke? Barry was completely unharmed by said finger. You've completely misinterpreted and misrepresented the scene, as expected. You also seemingly forget that that issue was 5 years before the current DC timeline and Barry has since gained abilities such as precognition, meaning he could see every move Superman can make before he made it.

As I said, completely out of context, misinterpreted, terrible post. It was bad the first time and bad when you reposted it, so stop posting it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1611 frozen  Moderator

That scan is incredibly out of context, but to the thread Flash wins.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#1612  Edited By tomlikesfries

@0_apocalypse_0 said:

Since the OP doesn't specify, we assume both characters are in morals. Yes, Flash is much faster than Superman, but he rarely ever uses such speeds in actual battles, which is why he gets often tagged by the likes of Captain Cold. Regardless, how would a morals on Flash hurt Kal?

In my honest opinion, Superman would win in a comic book. Now, if we're talking about a theoretical fight, all things considered, I'd say Clark has no way of stopping Flash and Wally can't do much either whilst he has his moral code.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#1614  Edited By tomlikesfries

@beware_my_power: Thanks. It's hard backing up a character that is going up against the Flash :p

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they had to nerf superman down so batman can get action

they had to nerf flash down so superman and batman can get action

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomlikesfries: it's easy debating with flash (as long as its specified as wally... bloodlusted lol)

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1618  Edited By Dredeuced

@0_apocalypse_0 said:

Since the OP doesn't specify, we assume both characters are in morals. Yes, Flash is much faster than Superman, but he rarely ever uses such speeds in actual battles, which is why he gets often tagged by the likes of Captain Cold. Regardless, how would a morals on Flash hurt Kal?

In my honest opinion, Superman would win in a comic book. Now, if we're talking about a theoretical fight, all things considered, I'd say Clark has no way of stopping Flash and Wally can't do much either whilst he has his moral code.

Wally has considered speed stealing Superman merely for pestering him, and only didn't do it out of respect. In an actual fight, I don't think Wally would be adverse to just taking Superman's speed, leaving him rather helpless in a fight. It's also an effect he can easily reverse as he's lent Superman speed several times and Speed Stealing is a non lethal, non painful method of dealing with a fight.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: still... the version isn't specified nor are the morals... is there a way for barry to take clark down harmlessly? Or you can think of it like a training match where they win by KO...

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1620  Edited By Dredeuced

@beware_my_power said:

@dredeuced: still... the version isn't specified nor are the morals... is there a way for barry to take clark down harmlessly? Or you can think of it like a training match where they win by KO...

The version in the OP specifically says Wally and as tomlikesfries said, we assume morals on if not stated.

That said, Barry can Speed Force dump him like he did to Grodd. Simple BFR that's completely harmless, aside from abject loneliness.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1621  Edited By Strongarm

@beware_my_power: I say writers need to learn how to write strong characters so they don't get shelved, that happened to poor MM

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ahahahaahahahh what is that ? Wally curbstomps in yoctosecond

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: oh! My poor poor martian manhunter... :'(

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power: GL too, I mean with a weapon like that writers can get downright lazy with constructs

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: i wish they could do more on kyle with all rings... maybe each ring holds the power that entitiy? No... they'd proboably do what they did to Lord Marvel... :(

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1627  Edited By SilverPool

In most cases I'd say Superman would win, but it's certainly possible for Wally or Barry to defeat him.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: morals off? Wally lolstomps

Morals on? Speedsteal, but i can see supes taking it somehow...

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: lol, how did black adam beat billy again? Wasn't billy supposed to be the lord of all magic? WTF happened? xD

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power: DC happened, it's an anti Capt Marvel conspiracy

they hate that white kid

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: and it's a part of an even LARGER conspiracy! As DC characters suffered a MAJOR weakening, Marvel characters get stronger and stronger.. just so they can win in debates! :/

ElijahCrackett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1633  Edited By ElijahCrackett

In DC comics, the new 52 Justice League, Volume 1 ,Origin, there is a little fight between The Flash and Superman, which Flash is clearly winning but superman does manage to punch him until it's resolved by Batman, so presumably if it wasn't broken up The Flash would have won with Superman only getting the occasional hit.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Flash uses his speed far more in combat than Superman, who sometimes seems to rely too much on his invulnerability and tank hits he should rather avoid. I think in theory Flash wins, because he can phase through Superman and take out his brain if necessary. However, DC would never allow Superman to lose to Flash or any other JL character except Batman, so in the comics, Superman takes it as the other poster says....

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: they would never let their posterboys lose to a guy who can "run slightly faster than superman" uuuuuh yeah try a guy that can effortlessly make supes look like he's moving in slowmotion and easily punch clark into orbit...

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: did you see stan lee's "reimaginings" of DC? I cried when i saw flash... :(

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed steal and IMP take Supes down

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: when barry-- I MEAN..."buried alien" (i'm not buying it) pwned runner and surfer in a race

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1643  Edited By RootsUnderdog

We're talking about Wally West right? The same Wally West who can run so fast he can jump dimensions? He could run that fast? Grab supes and have him ripped apart through the dimensions like he did with that scientist on accident (sorry for forgetting the exact comic in which that happened, it's also on the wiki). I guess that wouldn't be very moral though. But still flash can vibrate so fast he break into molecules and can go through walls, he can do the same to superman's punches, but supes isn't fast enough to hit him in the first place. He can run vortexs and pull all the air out. Wally West is incredibly fast and unrivaled in speed, there's no way i can see superman getting a hit in at all. What about his infinite mass punch? While superman is a force to be reckoned with, Wally West is on another level. You can't win a fight against something you can't hit

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rootsunderdog: and that thing that you can't hit? It hits back... HARD

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If Superman cant tag Flash, Flash definitely. If Supes tags him, it's all over for Flash. Some stuff Supes could do to easly tag Flash is to do a huge thunderclap (I aint never seen Supes thunderclap, but if Hulk can do it, an' Supes is both stronger an' faster than Hulk then Supes should be able to do it better) or smash the ground with his fists an' create huge shockwaves an' earthquakes that could catch Flash off balance.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilikedonuts: superman will be taking massive amounts of hits per second, if he can manage to get off an attack like that i'd be surprised. And even if he does get it off, flash runs faster than the speed of sound or the speed of those shockwaves and could easily run away and get back in time to hit superman again. No way superman is landing anything in flash

wolfwood87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1647  Edited By wolfwood87

Hmm, I didn't realize how overpowered Flash actually was...How depressing. I liked him better thinking he was just really fast. Seemed like more strategy was involved. Now it's just...pointless. Why is there a Justice League at this point other than pis? He just dropped from one of the superheroes I wanted to learn about the most to my least favorite. Sad day.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash wins.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I didn't realize how overpowered Flash actually was...How depressing. I liked him better thinking he was just really fast. Seemed like more strategy was involved. Now it's just...pointless. Why is there a Justice League at this point other than pis? He just dropped from one of the superheroes I wanted to learn about the most to my least favorite. Sad day.

Wally West is interesting because how he goes about obtaining these powers makes sense and happens as his villains scale up in ridiculous ability. He wasn't always as powerful as the summation of his feats implies and he holds back for interesting and complicated reasons as shown in his series.

Team books always have inconsistent jobbing so that everyone can show off when it's their turn to shine. Hell, Morrison -- one of the guys most credited for giving Flash his array of dazzling feats -- is basically the guy who invented the "Batman beats everyone" trope by having Batman beat everyone and be by far the most important member in his JLA run.

TravisPerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1650  Edited By TravisPerry

Fact: Flash can steal supermans speed by touching him... Fact: Flash can vibrate through objects due to his speed, Fact: supermans heart/brain is located in his body Fact : flash can take an open hand and close it to a fist. Combine them : Flash touches supes steals his speed Vibrates either to his brain or heart and crushes either organ/rips it out at mach speeds... Its over lads and lasses... a fight taking place in roughly .000000000000000001 seconds