#101 Posted by Zoom (14751 posts) - - Show Bio
Obtrusive said:
I know there are a lot of hardcore flash fanboys out there but come on.  Superman is super powerful and ... [more]
You are wrong.

The Flash is faster than heat vision.  He's avoided it just fine before.

Jay Garrick, the golden age Flash, who is not nearly as fast as Wally, was able to steal Superman's speed no problem.  Without his speed, Superman can't hit the Flash at al.

Amazo rated the Flash as a bigger threat than Superman for a reason.
#102 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
Obtrusive said: I know there are a lot of hardcore flash fanboys out there but come on.  Superman is super ... [more]
don't forget that flash has said he could steal sups speed whenever he wants to.
#103 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Obtrusive said:
Speed is different from power.  I know Force = Mass X Acceleration but without the power it doesn't matter.  Superman ... [more]
Speed steal. Pay attention.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#104 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22876 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm, personally i dont like the idea of flash being able to beat superman so easily and amazo ranking him as a higher threat.........if thats the case then why is superman still the savior but anyways....

im not gonna base this on personal opinions but i have some questions...

what does IMP mean?
does flash have to touch the person to steal speed?
how much faster is flash compared to superman?...cuz imo hes not that much faster

#105 Posted by Push (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

There isn't really Flash is gonna do that could hurt Superman or Superman would allow! Superman outweighs Flash here easy, in power, and Flash's main power, speed, is not that far removed from someone who's got superspeed and is genereally considered not that far from Flash level!

#106 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
buttersdaman000 said:
hmmm, personally i dont like the idea of flash being able to beat superman so easily and amazo ranking him ... [more]
1. Infinite mass punch. Basically it's flash punching someone and at top speed. He is able to beat white martians in one blow with IMP.
2. No.
3. Unknown, but he is several times faster in my opinion. We know he can outrun Superman's heat vision.

#107 Posted by lonefang6x6 (462 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#108 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22876 posts) - - Show Bio

1. im pretty sure superman can take flashes hardest puch or at least deflect it
2. how close does flash have to be to the person to steal speed?
3. superman can travel at above the speed of light and his HV travels at approxiamtley the same speed as light, soo imo superman and flash are in the same speed category.....flash is just faster

oh and how long does speed steal last?

#109 Posted by Dreadmaster (16257 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can travel 18x the speed of light and Flash is much faster than that and as far as Flashes punches go, Superman can not handle an IMP.

#110 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000: Like I said, he can level a white martian with one punch. White martians are able to give Superman a run for his money. But I agree, Superman would beat flash, if not for the pesky speed steal.
Flash does not have to touch someone to steel his speed, just be in his personal space. Stealing his speed will accelerate flash and decelerate Superman by the amount of speed Flash took. He was able to remove every trace of speed from Inertia, leaving Inertia frozen for months on end (he would have been frozen indefinitely, but was released by Zoom). Either way speed steal is a sure win for Flash.

We're not sure how fast heat vision travels, but Superman has no problem using it at his top speeds, so it's probably just as fast or faster than Supes. it is probably relative to Superman's own speed.
As for sped ratio, In Final crisis, Superman was barely able to perceive the two Flashes going at top speed, so I think the difference in speed is relatively substantial.
#111 Posted by Push (1558 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
@buttersdaman000: Like I said, he can level a white martian with one punch. White martians are able to give Superman ... [more]

#112 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22876 posts) - - Show Bio

well cant argue with facts.....
as much as i like superman, the flash wins this cuz of the speed steal.....the best supes can hope for is a draw or no contest.........
the only way supes can win is with sneak attacks and tricks like that previous scan...

what about Superboy-Prime?could he win?

#113 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy Prime is scared sh!tless of the Flashes.

#114 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash cant use speed steal if superman takes to the sky.

#115 Posted by Mortein (6050 posts) - - Show Bio

there is so many ways for superman to beat flash, and only one for flash to beat superman (speed steal and than IMP), but this one way should be enough.

#116 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

Flashes only way of beating superman wouldn't work if supes attacked from the sky. Ice Breath would destroy Wally's balance and a super breath gust with enough force would send him spralling into a building easily and end this fight without killing him

#117 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
Flashes only way of beating superman wouldn't work if supes attacked from the sky. Ice Breath would destroy Wally's balance ... [more]
Let's turn it the other way around. How is Supes gonna take to the sky if Flash steals his speed first?
#118 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
Light said: Flashes only way of beating superman wouldn't work if supes attacked from the sky. Ice Breath would destroy ... [more]
Even if they start off within innches of each other flash will be on the defensive and wont be able to use it before superman can fly away
#119 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
AtPhantom said: Light said: Flashes only way of beating superman wouldn't work if supes attacked from the sky. Ice Breath ... [more]
Yes, because........Why? Why would the faster guy be on the defensive and allow him to fly off?
#120 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the man he's fighting is much more powerful than him and he'll want to keep his distance and only make short trips on the inside. Not to mention superman will be dominating the game with projectile attacks as well. The sweet science in comicbook form lol

#121 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
Because the man he's fighting is much more powerful than him and he'll want to keep his distance and only ... [more]
Yeah, No.

You're assuming this fight will go on for a while, and it will not. Flash just needs to come in close and remove his speed and there's nothing supes can do him anymore. You're also assuming Flash is an idiot and will not try this straight away. Which is also false.
#122 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

If this has been done twice to superman what makes you think he'll let it happen a third. And from what the scan showed Flash isnt willing to do it if superman is in motion because of the damage it will cause

#123 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

#124 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
If this has been done twice to superman what makes you think he'll let it happen a third. And from ... [more]
1. What makes you think he'll have a choice?
2. That's presuming Superman is going at full speed, and presuming Flash gives a damn about it in this scenario. There are no innocent bystanders or collateral damage unless stated so in the opening post.
#125 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
Light said: If this has been done twice to superman what makes you think he'll let it happen a third. ... [more]
1. Flash isnt that much faster and superman isnt stupid
2. What do you think is in a Big City? And unless the OP says that there mindstates have changed  we'd have to assume this is boyscout superman fighting do gooder Wally West
Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
#126 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash wins,because he is too fast for Superman to  defeat him.

#127 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
AtPhantom said: Light said: If this has been done twice to superman what makes you think he'll let it happen ... [more]
1. Flash is faster enough and he's not stupid either. Just because you know something's gonna happen doesn't mean you can prevent it.
2. What makes you think they're fighting in a big city?
#128 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio
Proxes said:
hmm lets say in a big city lol
1. Prove to me he can move faster than superman can react.
2. right there
#129 Posted by Mortein (6050 posts) - - Show Bio

flash is faster so it is quite logical that he would attack first, his first attack would be speed steal, and there is nothing superman can do to him after that

#130 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

What if while flash is closing the distance superman uses superbreath to blow him away? Or if he uses his speed to charge at the flash crashing into him? Its not as simple as Flash zaps him of his speed and the fight ends

#131 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash is faster without Pis or bad writing he can technically dodge anything Superman could do to him

#132 Posted by Zoom (14751 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the video Sunman.

#133 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks

#134 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash easily

#135 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22876 posts) - - Show Bio

geraldthesloth said:
Flash easily

flash does not win this easily, but he still wins
#136 Posted by TruePwnge (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash can probably get the drop on Superman by blitzing

however Superman will land something and no durability

means Flash falls after a glancing blow
Superman win

#137 Posted by Triumphant (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash ftw

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
#138 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERMAN, 95/100
This whole thing af speed steal is another lame DC attempt to make Flash more than just a glorified sprinter.  Superman has years more experience in the use of his powers, not to mention more powers in general.  The only way Flash can ever beat Superman is in a foot race!

#139 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

flash wins via speed steal then IMP

#140 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUNMAN:
cool vid......but Flash almost lost his head at the end :P
Avatar image for spiderman_greenlantern
#141 Posted by SpiderMan-GreenLantern (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman could win, the setting is in a city so Superman could hide behind a building and use x-ray vision through the buildings to see the Flash coming and get ready to throw a knock out punch.

#142 Posted by Zoom (14751 posts) - - Show Bio
TruePwnge said:
Flash can probably get the drop on Superman by blitzinghowever Superman will land something and no durability means Flash falls ... [more]
Funny.

This completely ignores all the times the Flash has been hit by Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Girder, Grodd, Speed Demon, Zoom and Professor Zoom who all hit hard enough to kill a normal man in one punch.  While he may not have bulletproof skin or the like, "no durability" is a huuuuuuge understatement.
#143 Posted by Zoom (14751 posts) - - Show Bio
Donovan Montgomery said:
SUPERMAN, 95/100This whole thing af speed steal is another lame DC attempt to make Flash more than just a glorified ... [more]
Call it what you want but it doesn't change the fact that speed stealing allows the Flash to beat Superman.

Heck, even Jay Garrick was able to beat Superman by stealing his speed and he's not nearly as fast as Wally.
#144 Edited by TruePwnge (2798 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
Heck, even Jay Garrick was able to beat Superman by stealing his speed and he's not nearly as fast as Wally
that was a race not a fight
Superman can turn the planet Flash is standing on into Mt St Helens

WW vs Flash blindfolded
.      ,

caption
caption

#145 Posted by vegeta (5244 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

#146 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom:
Whatever, you keep calling stuff pis or cis when it goes against your argument, I call this speed steal thing wis (writer) or even cris (creator). 
#147 Posted by Zoom (14751 posts) - - Show Bio
Donovan Montgomery said:
@Zoom: Whatever, you keep calling stuff pis or cis when it goes against your argument, I call this speed steal ... [more]
Its plot induced stupidity when something happens stricktly for the plot.  Like Juggernaut getting trapped in cement (something we know wouldn't stop him on a normal day) just so that he doesn't kill Spider-Man.
Its character induced stupidity when Superman asks the bad guy if they're ready to surrender yet and then they blast him with kryptonite when he shoulda just blasted em with freeze breathe.

Speed stealing is a power the Flash has used for over a decade in dozens of stories.  Its not pis or cis.  Its one of his powers.  I'm sorry you don't like that power but it undoubtably exists.

@TP

The Flash was going easy on Wonder Woman.  She yells at him a few pages later for not trying.  Either Flash or Martian Manhunter would beat Wonder Woman into the ground if they went all out against her.
#148 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom:
Wow, it's been longer than I thought since I read Flash, lol :- s  Thanks for the update.
#149 Posted by Honor Guard (1851 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed steal only works if Flash can reach superman..

#150 Posted by Omg chris (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

mmm really flash beats sups wow i have to read more about wally then lol very underated then..