• 112 results
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Supreme Marvel

did my picture come up? or are uses seeing a fked up screen?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Valkaad

Gamma says:

"Apparition says:
"i think that wonder woman has a small portion of hermes speed and she's close to flash's speed so i would say hermes would win. besides you would think hermes could cast spells and keep himself from even needing to run around in the fight. plus since magic breaks the rules of the physical world, even the speed force may have no hold on hermes, eliminating flash's greatest attacks."
no ones close to Flashes speed, no one no even sups NO ONE Dlash wins"

Ever heard of the Runner?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Methos

Lord Shazam says:

"did my picture come up? or are uses seeing a f**ked up screen?"

nope... you messed up the HTML link... delete the post and try again

M

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Pay attention to what Superman says.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Methos

Valkaad says:

"Methos says:
"ZORN says:
"go to wikipedia and type flash read the powers and abilities ok maybe not .2 but he is faster than the speed of light."
i don't know who did that Wiki site, but they need to really check their facts with DC Publishers M"

I HATE wikipedia for this very reason. People read a Wiki submission created by a fanboy and think that it is accurate. I could go in right now and change Sabretooth to Class 100 strength and some wiki nut would read it and assume it is gospel."

yup... thats why i never use wiki facts to back up an argument

M

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Valkaad

Methos says:

"ZORN says:
"go to wikipedia and type flash read the powers and abilities ok maybe not .2 but he is faster than the speed of light."
i don't know who did that Wiki site, but they need to really check their facts with DC Publishers M"

I HATE wikipedia for this very reason. People read a Wiki submission created by a fanboy and think that it is accurate. I could go in right now and change Sabretooth to Class 100 strength and some wiki nut would read it and assume it is gospel.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Sync

such hate is wrong, :(

till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods.

sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force??

"imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash.

and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent )

:)

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Sync says:

"such hate is wrong, :(till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods.sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force??"imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash.and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent ):)"

does anyone wanna take this?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Methos

Sync says:

"such hate is wrong, :(till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods.sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force??"imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash.and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent ):)"

um... what?

sorry, i've just proven with quotes from the OFFICIAL DC SITE that Flash does not travel faster than light

unless you want to get into a scientific argument with me...

M

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Valkaad

Sync says:

"such hate is wrong, :( till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods. sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force?? "imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash. and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent ) :)"

Hermes is a god, and as a divine being he has certain innate divine powers. He could pretty easily take control of Flash's non-protected human mind and subjugate him to his will. As messenger of the Gods, I would assume (no facts but just a logical assumption) that hermes doesn't just rely on speed. I think that, much like the runner, he folds space and therfore moves at a speed that is greater than light and is closer to teleportation.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Apparition

Methos says:

"Sync says:
"such hate is wrong, :( till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods. sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force?? "imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash. and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent ) :)"
um... what? sorry, i've just proven with quotes from the OFFICIAL DC SITE that Flash does not travel faster than light unless you want to get into a scientific argument with me... M"

methos you know you cant really rely on science here. you have to rely on the comic books and the company pagees. nothing can really go faster than light, scientifically, but if dc says in a comic book that flash is running three times the speed of light, well then he is, by whatever logic they use to defend his breaking the laws of physics. so if you used the official DC site, then that should stand unless he can come back with a scan from a comic that says that flash is exceeding the speed of light.

and with that, the fact that hermes is a magically being should prove why he can be faster than flash, since magic breaks all physical laws anyway. so there :p Sync!

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sync

Post Deleted.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sync

Valkaad says:

"Sync says:
Hermes is a god, and as a divine being he has certain innate divine powers. He could pretty easily take control of Flash's non-protected human mind and subjugate him to his will. As messenger of the Gods, I would assume (no facts but just a logical assumption) that hermes doesn't just rely on speed. I think that, much like the runner, he folds space and therfore moves at a speed that is greater than light and is closer to teleportation."

great answer indeed, but this is a match of speed.

once agian if flash acesses the force that controls all speed, even that of a god ( assuming of course) does he beat him, can he speed drain him still his speed ???

the above about being a god controling his mind i could see that happen, but as a god when a mortal challeges you to a race and gives you a run for the money and maybe even will beat you, cheating really does make you look bad to other gods who would mock you

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Apparition

Sync says:

"Valkaad says:
"Sync says:
Hermes is a god, and as a divine being he has certain innate divine powers. He could pretty easily take control of Flash's non-protected human mind and subjugate him to his will. As messenger of the Gods, I would assume (no facts but just a logical assumption) that hermes doesn't just rely on speed. I think that, much like the runner, he folds space and therfore moves at a speed that is greater than light and is closer to teleportation."
great answer indeed, but this is a match of speed. once agian if flash acesses the force that controls all speed, even that of a god ( assuming of course) does he beat him, can he speed drain him still his speed ??? the above about being a god controling his mind i could see that happen, but as a god when a mortal challeges you to a race and gives you a run for the money and maybe even will beat you, cheating really does make you look bad to other gods who would mock you "

who said it was a race?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Methos

i know...

i just keep hoping for some logic and sense to come into arguments like this...

M

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Valkaad

Apparition says:

"Sync says:
"Valkaad says:
"Sync says:
great answer indeed, but this is a match of speed. once agian if flash acesses the force that controls all speed, even that of a god ( assuming of course) does he beat him, can he speed drain him still his speed ??? the above about being a god controling his mind i could see that happen, but as a god when a mortal challeges you to a race and gives you a run for the money and maybe even will beat you, cheating really does make you look bad to other gods who would mock you "
who said it was a race?"

Yeah, I thought it was a battle, a fight, not just a who is faster.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Sync

Apparition says:

"Sync says:
"Valkaad says:
"Sync says:
who said it was a race?"

everything said was about speed, if i miss in an earlier post something about god powers in the way it was said than im sorry, and fooo on me.

as for magic even it has laws according to magic user. Is the speed force magic of what????

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Methos

Sync says:

"as for magic even it has laws according to magic user. Is the speed force magic of what????"

no, the speed force isn't magic...

it's an extra dimensional force that grants it's powers to those 'worthy'

M

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gamma says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Methos says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
" "
why thankyou EC... i was hoping he'd post more irrelevancies i could dispute but he seems to have gone quiet... M"
Think nothing of it Methos. They had a few others I could've posted, but I'll save those as my better bits of Ammunition. lol. He's not going to respond because you owned him into silence. There's nothing else he can say.
Post Edited:2007-08-20 13:02:43"
is your nose brown enough for you???"

Shut up fanboy

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By "Colossus"

This happened in comics, 
keep in mind magic>>>>speed force
unlike flash hermes does not follow natural laws while he runs, like stopping "instantly" after going FTL
skipping while in the speed of FTL and basically running from dimensions to another.

flash tried catching hermes and got owned....

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By vegeta
@Apparition said:
"

i think that wonder woman has a small portion of hermes speed and she's close to flash's speed so i would say hermes would win. besides you would think hermes could cast spells and keep himself from even needing to run around in the fight. plus since magic breaks the rules of the physical world, even the speed force may have no hold on hermes, eliminating flash's greatest attacks.

"

she close to flash speed i doubt it
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By castleking
@"Colossus" said:
" This happened in comics,  keep in mind magic>>>>speed force unlike flash hermes does not follow natural laws while he runs, like stopping "instantly" after going FTL skipping while in the speed of FTL and basically running from dimensions to another.  flash tried catching hermes and got owned.... "
that was back in the day when wally needed to eat in order to keep up his speed and had a big black friend who was a walking blackhole
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FLCL1

intersting battle

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/hermes.jpg http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/hermes2.jpg http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/hermes3.jpg http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/hermes4.jpg

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methos: I got so annoyed with your comments so i'm take it to bump this.

The Flash (Wally) is hundred times the speed of light. Superman IS lightspeed if you see him flying in space planet to planet in minutes its light speed and Barry who is stated slower as wally beat him in a sprint tourrnament.

And the fact that Wally can run around earth in less than a second.

Trancendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're lucky SOMEONE saw your little comment here, or you would've wasted your time. First of all, it's already been posted above that flash can move near light speed, not to or beyond. Also, as for you're "he can go around the planet in less than a second" comment, light circumnavigates (that means goes around) the planet 7.5 times a second.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By w0nd

You're lucky SOMEONE saw your little comment here, or you would've wasted your time. First of all, it's already been posted above that flash can move near light speed, not to or beyond. Also, as for you're "he can go around the planet in less than a second" comment, light circumnavigates (that means goes around) the planet 7.5 times a second.

He has moved faster than light before....
He has moved faster than light before....
There was a point in time where Wally could go faster than light.  This Wally doesn't exist now.
There was a point in time where Wally could go faster than light. This Wally doesn't exist now.

the thread is long dead and done with, but at the time I assume they were talking about Wally

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash stomps

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By XiiX
No Caption Provided

Mismatch(as many are aware, Mercury is another name Hermes is called/known by).

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash

Justinswigart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrum: the speed force is faster than light speed and the flash can unlock it so...

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump and hermes

Cryable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfreak2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Batfreak2424

Barry Allen ran 10 times faster than the speed of light to destroy the anti monitor, im not sure how fast Wally could run

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Buckwheat

@methos said:

ZORN says:

"ur wrong methos flash is .2 faster than the speed of light."

show me the issue where this is listed please

M

I realize I'm bumping a very old thread, but, can't help myself... Are you really saying that Flash is NOT faster than light?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flash

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
deactivated-5a46927fc5463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000:

Any reasoning? They already fought and Hermes was the clear winner. Flash even admits that Hermes is faster. Plus, Hermes has all kinds of other abilities.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: Flash has PICOSECOND combat speed. Has attosecond reflexes. Punches hard enough to KO Mongul and White Martians. Can phase through attacks. Can vibrate through people causing them to explode. Can reverse the energy that should go to your muscles and send it to your brain causing seizures.

Spider-Man beat Firelord in a book. So just because PIS happened in a comic doesn't mean it'll happen on CV.

Also, I thought we were talking about Marvel Hermes. If DC Hermes has feats, I'd like to hear them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
deactivated-5a46927fc5463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty:

DC Hermes is the one with the feats.

Flash admits that Hermes is faster than him:

No Caption Provided

Heck, Flash even says that Hermes is faster than him by about as much as he is faster than normal people:

No Caption Provided

Hermes humiliates and speed steals from Flash, taking him out:

No Caption Provided

Hermes teleports across dimensions along with Wonder Woman:

No Caption Provided

Hermes uses matter manipulation to restore Boston:

No Caption Provided

Hermes also has size manipulation, energy projection, healing, and other hax abilities.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: Wally has gotten much faster since then and much better at using his powers. From those scans it doesn't even prove that Hermes is light speed. Much less picosecond speed. And at that time Wally was to slow to hit him so Hermes durability is suspect. And nothing in that scan says that Hermes use Speed Steal. You have to have a connection to the speed force to do speed steal. So while Hermes may have been to fast for Flash before. I doubt he has lightspeed or picosecond speed feats. Nor the durability to tank Flash punches. At one time Hermes was superior. I'm not sure that's still the case.

entire fight in a picosecond. a picosecond is a TRILLIONTH of a second
entire fight in a picosecond. a picosecond is a TRILLIONTH of a second

another picosecond feat so we know it's not a fluke
another picosecond feat so we know it's not a fluke
able to KO mongul in one attack
able to KO mongul in one attack
Can atomize people
Can atomize people
Hermes is fast but I doubt he's fast enough to see Superman frozen
Hermes is fast but I doubt he's fast enough to see Superman frozen
After being pummeled by Amazo who has the combined powers of the JLA. Flash is still able to steal his speed.
After being pummeled by Amazo who has the combined powers of the JLA. Flash is still able to steal his speed.

Wally is fast enough to go through time
Wally is fast enough to go through time
AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally wins.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: that was before Wally had even unlocked his potential or achieved nirvania with the speed force.And even when they fought flash came close to beating him

Zokologue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Zokologue
@apparition said:

i think that wonder woman has a small portion of hermes speed and she's close to flash's speed so i would say hermes would win. besides you would think hermes could cast spells and keep himself from even needing to run around in the fight. plus since magic breaks the rules of the physical world, even the speed force may have no hold on hermes, eliminating flash's greatest attacks.

No, she's not even close to it.

Remember when Flash saved the population of Chongin North Korea from a nuclear blast . Within .00001 microseconds. By carrying them out one or two at a time to a safe distance. 616 some million people. All the other superheroes (superman and wonderwoman inclueded) were remaining motionless compared to flash's speed and didn't notice him doing anything.

greenarrow5476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally wins via Speed Steal and he makes himself a new statue or.......

No Caption Provided

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally destroys.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash.

Off-topic, threads with OP's like this really make me hate the no dupe rule.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash.

Tobiano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers