Flash V Midnighter

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Logic Mark III

Midnighter has beaten speedsters before but is the Flash just too fast for him?

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Platinumwarrior

The flash can run at lightspeeds maybie even beyond

Are Midnighters reflexes really that fast? I will go with flash

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By iSHADOW

i dont see how midnighter he could beat the flash his reflexes would have to be as fast as flashes attacks.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ebony Bishop

As long as Midnighter is aware that he's in a fight with a speedster, and this isn't an ambush attack, he will more than likely take this, as he knows exactly where Flash will strike and move. He's clotheslined speedsters before, just because he knows where they're going to be. He doesn't have to react fast to beat Flash. He's seeing the probable future, and that gives him the edge.

If someone or something said "put your right arm up and flex it to hit someone.....NOW!", why would you need to know why, or who it was, or anything? By doing it, you win.

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iSHADOW

it doesnt make sense, even if midnighter knows flash is gonna throw 100 punches in one second and where theyre gonna land, theres no way he can defend or react to those attacks in time.

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rdeegvainl
Ebony Bishop said:
"As long as Midnighter is aware that he's in a fight with a speedster, and this isn't an ambush attack, he will more than likely take this, as he knows exactly where Flash will strike and move. He's clotheslined speedsters before, just because he knows where they're going to be. He doesn't have to react fast to beat Flash. He's seeing the probable future, and that gives him the edge.
So Ebony, how will he hit someone who can strike faster than he can be told what to do? Unless flash was playing around with him, why wouldn't he strike instantly at midnighter direct? It doesn't matter if you know where your opponent is going to be if you are to slow to react. Has midnighter ever clotheslined a speeder as fast as flash?

Ebony Bishop
said:
If someone or something said "put your right arm up and flex it to hit someone.....NOW!", why would you need to know why, or who it was, or anything? By doing it, you win.
"
That is assuming that Flash cannot react, and that midnighter is fast enough to react to near light speed movements. Can you show me him reacting to flash like speeds, or just speedsters?
Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Well, Buckshot is the guy with the scans...I just read the comic and did the math.

If you know every move your opponent will make, just make sure to be where you need to be to avoid that attack, and hit him first, hard.

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rdeegvainl
Ebony Bishop said:
"Well, Buckshot is the guy with the scans...I just read the comic and did the math.

If you know every move your opponent will make, just make sure to be where you need to be to avoid that attack, and hit him first, hard.
"
You completely forget to take into account speed. If someone can get inside your defenses, and strike while you're nerve impulses are still on there way to tell your muscles what to do, it doesn't matter if you know everything they are going to do, cause you have no way to act on that knowledge. It's like knowing a nuke is 5 feet away from you, set to explode in one second. You know exactly what it is going to do and where and when. You still have no chance.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the creator

Midnighter has recently been shown to 'vulnerable' to speedster attacks (in the Midnighter comic).
He beat the speedster by catching the speedster offguard by arranging for the combat environment to suit the Midnighter (in this instance, the speedster stuch hi head in to a air con shaft (or the like) and the Midnighter was waiting inside.
This speedster did not appear to however be as fast as the Flash.

Although the Flash is virtually untouchable he still have human senses, so that he can fail to see 'fishing wire' or semi transparent materials or simply small objects. Thus attacking him through this weakness might yield a win but it would still be difficult to overcome the vast speed advantage.

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rdeegvainl
the creator said:
Although the Flash is virtually untouchable he still have human senses, so that he can fail to see 'fishing wire' or semi transparent materials or simply small objects. Thus attacking him through this weakness might yield a win but it would still be difficult to overcome the vast speed advantage."
Hmm, good point, though that would take prep time to set up, and since none was given, I do believe that Midnighter won't be able to set that up during an actual fight with flash.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Midnighter loses for the same reason most characters lose to Flash. The guy is very fast. Even if you don't accept that he can go faster than light or normal human thought, he's still significantly faster than the vast majority of characters and capable of defeating an opponent before they can raise a fist against him (and sometimes before his presence is even registered). And that's with the enemy moving normally. It gets even worse if Flash steals their speed too.

Midnighter has beaten speedsters but neither were shown to be as fast as the Flash.

What Ebony said is what would probably happen in a comic or if Flash weren't taking Midnighter seriously for whatever reason and didn't use all his speed. Otherwise Flash takes him before he knows what's going on. Even if Midnighter saw Flash he'd still be well and truly screwed. The Flash has scoured crowds and defeated enemies in a single picosecond, a millionth of a millionth of a second. Using that example and assuming Midnighter saw Flash, he'd, at best, be able to get a millionth of a way through a single scenario, and that's just thinking, not even moving to act on his thoughts.

Creator, even more recently, and in a situation where he had full access to his physical abilities (though not his battle computer), unlike the one you're citing, Midnighter was able to beat a speedster (who had been given pages to show his reaction speed equaled his movement speed). This speedster didn't have speed on Flash's level (though Midnighter claimed he was the fastest thing he'd ever seen, so he's at least as fast as Apollo and Swift) so it doesn't help anything, but I thought I'd give the most recent outcome of a Midnighter/Speedster encounter.

Logic, you got a mad on for Midnighter?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
I will take Wally West for the win here...

lol
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Logic Mark III

@Buckshot: No. I was reading the Flash v Quicksilver thing and thought of who has taken some speedsters down and how they did it. Wolverine has taken one but its been established he catches a beat down. Midnighter has done 2/3 of them in; so i added that thinking to the trails of thought that appeared in Deathstroke v Ares about speeds of thought etc and thought if anyone who wasnt a speedster was gonna do it, it would be Midnighter. I dont know why ypou have the monopoly on Midnighter and everytime i mention him its hate. I like the guy too, i like him a shed load more than i like the Flash, so no i have no 'mad on' for him.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Whatever you say.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Logic Mark III

Cool.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Sweet merciful Ra, I think you're going to become my friend. Just like what happened with Magneto and Gambler. I can't let this happen.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SeSAW

Flash in a beatdown.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done before. Buck wasn't in it though. LOL.

Flash won it, Flash wins this.