Firelord vs Ikaris

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Firelord (standard) vs Ikaris (standard)

Battle takes place in the Himalayas, starting at 100'.  No speed blitz.  No morals.

Who wins, and why?

Firelord
Firelord
 Ikaris
 Ikaris
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By czarny_samael666

Firelord, Ikaris isn't that good.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
Ikaris is highly injury resistant, including heat resistant, can heal injuries with his mind, is telepathic, can create minor illusions, can do basic matter manipulation, can create force fields, can project concussive and heat beams, is a 40 tonner, can fly, and can teleport.  He's also skilled tactically, with 20,000 years of fighting experience.  Marvel's grid puts his strength at a 5, his speed at a 7, his durability at a 7, his energy projection at a 6, and his fighting skills at a 6.

I'm not necessarily saying he wins, but Ikaris has a pretty decent power set and is a serious-minded warrior.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Owie said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
Ikaris is highly injury resistant, including heat resistant, can heal injuries with his mind, is telepathic, can create minor illusions, can do basic matter manipulation, can create force fields, can project concussive and heat beams, is a 40 tonner, can fly, and can teleport.  He's also skilled tactically, with 20,000 years of fighting experience.  Marvel's grid puts his strength at a 5, his speed at a 7, his durability at a 7, his energy projection at a 6, and his fighting skills at a 6.  I'm not necessarily saying he wins, but Ikaris has a pretty decent power set and is a serious-minded warrior.
His speed is 5, 7 just mean that he is teleporter.  I am not saying that he is very weak or something, but I would say that he is not in this class of power. Until his fight with Rulk, I would say that he loses with Ms. Marvel. There was even a thread like that IIRC and most of people said that he loses. 
I don't remember a situation in which he would have to resist to as extreme heat as Firelord can produce.
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fondofpacman

How do you kill an Eternal, and is Firelord's power comparable to Surfer's?

Good battle btw, the threads need more battles with classic cosmic entities (not saying Ikaris is cosmic, but I think of anything closely associated to the Celestials as sort of cosmic).

I'm reading the Celestials saga of Thor now, and it seems that Thor is stronger than pretty much all standard Eternals (except that one who was imbued with Celestial power, Hero), and I'd likely take someone more on Thor's level to beat Firelord. I'd definately lean towards saying Firelord can overpower Ikarus, but Ikarus will put up a good fight and only get incapacitated, I'll assume Firelord won't know how to kill him for good.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By czarny_samael666
@fondofpacman said:

Good battle btw, the threads need more battles with classic cosmic entities (not saying Ikaris is cosmic, but I think of anything closely associated to the Celestials as sort of cosmic).

I'm reading the Celestials saga of Thor now, and it seems that Thor is stronger than pretty much all standard Eternals (except that one who was imbued with Celestial power, Hero), and I'd likely take someone more on Thor's level to beat Firelord. I'd definately lean towards saying Firelord can overpower Ikarus, but Ikarus will put up a good fight and only get incapacitated, I'll assume Firelord won't know how to kill him for good.

1.Firelord can win without killing him. Besides, they can die - they just can be brought back by their machines.
2.Depends what is "comparable" for You. He doesn't have most of Surfer's powers, but he was able to stalemate (IIRC) with Thor (or at least give him a veryyyyy long battle). The same about Surfer (still one of first versions of Surfer)
3.You mean Forgotten One (Gilgamesh)? Yes, Gilgamesh proved few times that he is close to Thor and Herc, but he always lose to them in the end. 
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

Ikaris.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Owie said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
Ikaris is highly injury resistant, including heat resistant, can heal injuries with his mind, is telepathic, can create minor illusions, can do basic matter manipulation, can create force fields, can project concussive and heat beams, is a 40 tonner, can fly, and can teleport.  He's also skilled tactically, with 20,000 years of fighting experience.  Marvel's grid puts his strength at a 5, his speed at a 7, his durability at a 7, his energy projection at a 6, and his fighting skills at a 6.  I'm not necessarily saying he wins, but Ikaris has a pretty decent power set and is a serious-minded warrior.
His speed is 5, 7 just mean that he is teleporter.  I am not saying that he is very weak or something, but I would say that he is not in this class of power. Until his fight with Rulk, I would say that he loses with Ms. Marvel. There was even a thread like that IIRC and most of people said that he loses.  I don't remember a situation in which he would have to resist to as extreme heat as Firelord can produce.
I think the uppermost Eternals are probably a step or two below the least-powerful heralds, so on pure power, I agree with you, I see Ikaris as the underdog here.  I'd say for instance that Firelord's power/heat output is certainly far more than Ikaris', but since Ikaris' power set is so much more broad and varied than Firelord's, he has a chance.  (I also forgot to mention that he has telekinesis.)

So for instance, he could try to TK Firelord's staff away, or try to use his matter manipulation to turn it into something else (I don't think he could turn Firelord himself into something else directly), or he could use the TK to grab Firelord himself.  I know the staff isn't necessary for him to focus his power, but it would throw him off a bit.  He could use his TP to read Firelord's mind and anticipate his attacks, he could create illusions so Firelord was confused about where he was, and he could teleport to attack from unexpected directions.  So tactically I think he has a lot of advantages, and honestly Firelord doesn't always strike me as the brightest bulb, so I think he'd be fairly successful there.

His self-healing, durability, and force fields would allow him to take a fair amount of damage--although if he kept taking direct hits he'd eventually lose out, for sure.  So for me the question is, can he inflict enough smaller hits on Firelord before Firelord manages to overwhelm him?

@fondofpacman said:

The way Marvel describes it, an Eternal can be killed if enough of their body is completely disintegrated, and if their mind is under enough stress so they can't fix themselves, essentially.

Thanks. Haven't seen you on here for a while.  I remember you made a good thread about the Celestials and the Vishanti.

I'd say Thor is more or less on the heralds' level.  I'd personally put Surfer just above Thor (this is arguable), and Firelord toward the bottom of the heralds, below Thor.  To me, Firelord has a lot of firepower, but he's kind of a one-note fighter, whereas a lot of the other heralds (like Air Walker, Surfer, or Stardust) (or like Thor) could do a wide variety of things.
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fondofpacman

Yeah, I'm talking about the Forgotten One (called himself Hero in Thor #287), didn't know he was a reoccurring character.

It's been a while since i bought any old comics actually, so no comics usually means no comicvine motivation, I should probably make a new thread one of these days. I also put Surfer above Thor, even though someone here could probably shove Thor feats in my face to make Surfer look like a wimp, but I always tend to think of Surfer as stronger than pretty much every Marvel hero who's been on a classic team (Dr. Strange is one exception), part of that is probably because of his association with Galactus (vs Odin) and the fact that he deals with cosmic threats on a consistent basis, unlike Thor.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Owie said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
His speed is 5, 7 just mean that he is teleporter.  I am not saying that he is very weak or something, but I would say that he is not in this class of power. Until his fight with Rulk, I would say that he loses with Ms. Marvel. There was even a thread like that IIRC and most of people said that he loses.  I don't remember a situation in which he would have to resist to as extreme heat as Firelord can produce.
I think the uppermost Eternals are probably a step or two below the least-powerful heralds, so on pure power, I agree with you, I see Ikaris as the underdog here.  I'd say for instance that Firelord's power/heat output is certainly far more than Ikaris', but since Ikaris' power set is so much more broad and varied than Firelord's, he has a chance.  (I also forgot to mention that he has telekinesis.)

So for instance, he could try to TK Firelord's staff away, or try to use his matter manipulation to turn it into something else (I don't think he could turn Firelord himself into something else directly), or he could use the TK to grab Firelord himself.  I know the staff isn't necessary for him to focus his power, but it would throw him off a bit.  He could use his TP to read Firelord's mind and anticipate his attacks, he could create illusions so Firelord was confused about where he was, and he could teleport to attack from unexpected directions.  So tactically I think he has a lot of advantages, and honestly Firelord doesn't always strike me as the brightest bulb, so I think he'd be fairly successful there.

His self-healing, durability, and force fields would allow him to take a fair amount of damage--although if he kept taking direct hits he'd eventually lose out, for sure.  So for me the question is, can he inflict enough smaller hits on Firelord before Firelord manages to overwhelm him?
Ok, then we should start to make some scenarios:
Firelord for sure will try to burn Ikaris. But what Ikaris can use on Firelord?
1.Telepathy - heralds are connected to Astral Plane, through Power Cosmic. They power comes from AP, so bringing Firelord to dimension from which he takes energy isn't a good way to win.
2.According to his bios his heat vision at best can reach 3,000 F. I don't think that it is something that can hurt him at all.
3.TK. It depends how strong it is. For example Sinister's TK is only 10 ton class. If Ikaris doesn't have more than at least 50 ton class, then it wouldn't be something that can overmuscle Firelord, considering that he won't use his energy to boost his strength. I don't want to lie to You, but IIRC Firelord did that against Thor. This is the only way I can understand why he seemed to have similar strength to God of Thunder.
4.What are Ikaris molecule manipulation feats? I've seen few of his battles (when Eternals fought with Olympians, when he fought with Apoc, Rulk and few fights that I barely remember from Eternals last series) and I don't recall Ikaris using it ofensively.

Considering all of his tactics above, I don't see in him a worthy enemy to Firelord.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ikaris.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida

Classic Firelord was smacked around by Phoenix (pre-dark phoenix). Based on Ikaris's power grid he should win, but I'm not totally sold.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Vance Astro said:
Ikaris.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.
That is intresting, of course if You're serious. A specially that You was the one who said that Ms. Marvel would win win Ikaris.
kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kajitatsu

No morals and PIS off Firelord should win the majority of the time. Firelord is an embarrassing Herald but without the PIS he'd beat so many characters.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Ferro Vida said:
Classic Firelord was smacked around by Phoenix (pre-dark phoenix). Based on Ikaris's power grid he should win, but I'm not totally sold.
But how? Telepathy isn't a way, Firelord is stronger, faster, has better durability feats, Ikaris' offensive powers don't seem to be usefull against Firelord, while Firelord's easily should be effective agaisnt Ikaris. And Herald fought against mentioned Phoenix, Surfer and Thor and gived them great fights. IMO better than Ikaris gived to Rulk.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Ferro Vida
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Ferro Vida said:
But how? Telepathy isn't a way, Firelord is stronger, faster, has better durability feats, Ikaris' offensive powers don't seem to be usefull against Firelord, while Firelord's easily should be effective agaisnt Ikaris. And Herald fought against mentioned Phoenix, Surfer and Thor and gived them great fights. IMO better than Ikaris gived to Rulk.
Rulk is a PIS machine. I take everything he has done with a grain of salt. Does Ikaris utilize teleportation in combat?
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@kajitatsu

No morals and PIS off Firelord should win the majority of the time. Firelord is an embarrassing Herald but without the PIS he'd beat so many characters.

QFT
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Ferro Vida said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Ferro Vida said:
Rulk is a PIS machine. I take everything he has done with a grain of salt. Does Ikaris utilize teleportation in combat?
1.He fought with Rulk currently. I don't see a PIS there, Red Hulk is much stronger than him. And Ikaris wasn't KOd. 
2.Not against Rulk, Apocalypse,Gilgamesh, Deviants or Ares. A specially his fight with Gilgamesh tells me that he can't win this. Firelord was as close to defeat Thor, as Gilgamesh was, yet both lost. But Gilgamesh not only won with Ikaris, but he won iwth many Eternals at once (seemed like a speedblitz).

P.S. I had to make some research about it.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By owie  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Ferro Vida said:
But how? Telepathy isn't a way, Firelord is stronger, faster, has better durability feats, Ikaris' offensive powers don't seem to be usefull against Firelord, while Firelord's easily should be effective agaisnt Ikaris.
In general I agree with this, but in some details I disagree.  Firelord is stronger, but only 50 to 40 tons, and I think the 50 tons is when he's amped.  While Firelord's general durability is better than Ikaris, in the sense that he could more easily tank certain hits, an Eternal can control every molecule in his body, so he can heal himself very quickly.

I think Ikaris' main problem is that his offensive abilities aren't going to do a lot of damage against Firelord.  Definitely his heat energy attacks are too low-powered.  But he also has concussive blasts.

I'm not sure of the upper limit of his TK but I think it would be enough to aid him in the battle--not enough to win outright.  He put together a giant ship using his own TK and the additional power of an Eternal machine, but it's hard to know whether he or the machine did the most work.

I don't think he'd use the telepathy offensively (as a psi-blast or anything), but just to predict his moves.  So I don't think there's going to be any conflict about the astral plane and the power cosmic.  I don't think Firelord has any especial history of being able to defend against psionics in any case.

In terms of his matter manipulation, he's relatively weak for an Eternal, the second of five levels.  So again I think he'd use it as a secondary tactic, not as a means of primary offense.

@Ferro Vida said:
Does Ikaris utilize teleportation in combat?
Not normally, but he could.  Since he's a smart tactician, he might utilize it if necessary.   But generally speaking Eternals don't like to teleport, so it's doubtful he'd do it constantly, like Nightcrawler.

@Vance Astro said:
Ikaris.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

OK, can you explain why?
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Owie said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
But how? Telepathy isn't a way, Firelord is stronger, faster, has better durability feats, Ikaris' offensive powers don't seem to be usefull against Firelord, while Firelord's easily should be effective agaisnt Ikaris.
In general I agree with this, but in some details I disagree.  Firelord is stronger, but only 50 to 40 tons, and I think the 50 tons is when he's amped.  While Firelord's general durability is better than Ikaris, in the sense that he could more easily tank certain hits, an Eternal can control every molecule in his body, so he can heal himself very quickly.

I think Ikaris' main problem is that his offensive abilities aren't going to do a lot of damage against Firelord.  Definitely his heat energy attacks are too low-powered.  But he also has concussive blasts.

I'm not sure of the upper limit of his TK but I think it would be enough to aid him in the battle--not enough to win outright.  He put together a giant ship using his own TK and the additional power of an Eternal machine, but it's hard to know whether he or the machine did the most work.

I don't think he'd use the telepathy offensively (as a psi-blast or anything), but just to predict his moves.  So I don't think there's going to be any conflict about the astral plane and the power cosmic.  I don't think Firelord has any especial history of being able to defend against psionics in any case.

In terms of his matter manipulation, he's relatively weak for an Eternal, the second of five levels.  So again I think he'd use it as a secondary tactic, not as a means of primary offense. 
1.No, 50 tons is his base strength. He can boost himself as much as Surfer can IMO. Surfer normally wouldn't be able to hold Hulk just by strength. Firelord on the other hand fought 3 times with Thor and once with Hercules. Thor wasn't able to defeat him (in last fight Thor said that it is pointless since it can't in different way than stalemate), Herc was even losing side and Firelord didn't use his fire power against him. 
2.Ikaris HF is also limited. In other words - what are his best HF feats, that You belive that he can survive Firelord's assaults? I've seen most of his best battles and I've didn't saw anything that would suggest that he can heal like Wolverine for example. Yet, durability would be still more important thing, since Wolverine will be one-shoted by Firelord.
3.Can You tell when he used his TK? I would try to find it.
4.So illusions, You say... It depends, Firelord can track energy, so he would know where greater energy has it place, therefore - Ikaris. 

Personally? I belive that Firelord is considered as a weak Herald only because he lost in historic PIS with Spider-Man. 

Someone who can 3 times fight with Thor and not be defeated (similar about Hercules) should be considered as a powerhouse.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Vance Astro said:

Ikaris.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Agreed.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By czarny_samael666
@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Ikaris.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Agreed.

Again: How?
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Ikaris.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Agreed.

Ikaris is strong enough to stalemate Red Hulk. He could beat Firelord to a pulp.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By czarny_samael666

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Ikaris.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Agreed.

Ikaris is strong enough to stalemate Red Hulk. He could beat Firelord to a pulp.

1.He didn't stalemate Red Hulk.
2.It isn't above Firelord's abilities. He was able to stalemate Thor (really stalemate, not what Ikaris did).
3.Ikaris is extremely durable, so he survived fight with Rulk and lava. Both aren't even close to heat of star, which can be produced by Firestar. And Ikaris is only 40 tonner. Rulk had no problem with overmuscling him, when he understood that Ikaris is doing so well due to flight, eye beams and better reflex. Firelord is stronger than Ikaris. He has better energy projection and can survive anything that Ikaris can shoot at him.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By owie  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:

1.No, 50 tons is his base strength. He can boost himself as much as Surfer can IMO. Surfer normally wouldn't be able to hold Hulk just by strength. Firelord on the other hand fought 3 times with Thor and once with Hercules. Thor wasn't able to defeat him (in last fight Thor said that it is pointless since it can't in different way than stalemate), Herc was even losing side and Firelord didn't use his fire power against him.  2.Ikaris HF is also limited. In other words - what are his best HF feats, that You belive that he can survive Firelord's assaults? I've seen most of his best battles and I've didn't saw anything that would suggest that he can heal like Wolverine for example. Yet, durability would be still more important thing, since Wolverine will be one-shoted by Firelord. 3.Can You tell when he used his TK? I would try to find it. 4.So illusions, You say... It depends, Firelord can track energy, so he would know where greater energy has it place, therefore - Ikaris.   Personally? I belive that Firelord is considered as a weak Herald only because he lost in historic PIS with Spider-Man.   Someone who can 3 times fight with Thor and not be defeated (similar about Hercules) should be considered as a powerhouse.
I don't have any scans of him healing. But this is the standard Marvel description of how Eternals' durability and healing work: "Should Ikaris be injured somehow, he could regenerate any injured or missing tissue. An Eternal can only die through an injury that disperses a significant portion of his body molecules, or if he is injured after his mental control over his body is somehow broken."  To me, that implies that he can basically recreate missing tissue through an act of will--essentially an extension of his mental powers.

Here are a few scans, it's what I've got.  The first one compiles a few panels over multiple pages from the Evolutionary War storyline.  The Eternals captured Surfer and Super Skrull, who escaped only with effort and then fought them (4 Eternals plus Karkas vs Surfer and Super Skrull).  It was more or less an even fight.  In it, Ikaris shot Surfer a few times; the first one he shrugged off, the others seemed to have more effect.  Since I think, and I assume you would agree, that Surfer has more durability than Firelord, I think this is a testament to the fact that Ikaris' attacks could hurt Firelord at least somewhat.  Of course this battle basically makes it 2 to 1 odds (since Karkas is not a serious contender) for the Eternals to be equal to Surfer, but on the other hand Surfer is more powerful than Firelord and the Eternals are also fighting to keep him prisoner, not to kill him.  (I don't think Firelord is a "weak" herald, just more limited than ones like Surfer and Stardust.)

In the next scan, from the original Eternals series, Ikaris shows off his TK, which he is using to fly their plane--so it's actually more powerful than I thought.  He then turns off the illusion he used to cover his real costume, and then flies himself, which for Eternals is done through TK--so he is simultaneously flying himself and the plane.

In the next scan, he puts his girlfriend to sleep with an eye bolt.

In the next scan, he tanks a "potent" blast from a Deviant ship's  "z-ray" which could "kill a hundred humans."  He then evades their other attacks and (on the next page), he is hurt but says that while "Eternals can be hurt--but they cannot die."  He then manages to create an illusion to cloak their plane against both visual sight and the Deviant ship's electronic gear.  So I think his illusions can be pretty good. I don't really think Firelord's energy-tracing is going to do a great job following him, especially if he doesn't know that he's creating illusions in the first place.

Finally, Ikaris builds a massive battleship entirely through his TK.  I was wrong about this earlier; he does use the machine to help, but it seems like it's just that the machine has the master design plan for the ship, and Ikaris is using it to follow its directions, not to actually move the stuff.  So I think his TK is actually pretty powerful and refined.

I take your points about Firelord fighting Thor seriously, but honestly in my opinion that sounds surprising.  Any scans of any of those fights?
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Owie said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.No, 50 tons is his base strength. He can boost himself as much as Surfer can IMO. Surfer normally wouldn't be able to hold Hulk just by strength. Firelord on the other hand fought 3 times with Thor and once with Hercules. Thor wasn't able to defeat him (in last fight Thor said that it is pointless since it can't in different way than stalemate), Herc was even losing side and Firelord didn't use his fire power against him.  2.Ikaris HF is also limited. In other words - what are his best HF feats, that You belive that he can survive Firelord's assaults? I've seen most of his best battles and I've didn't saw anything that would suggest that he can heal like Wolverine for example. Yet, durability would be still more important thing, since Wolverine will be one-shoted by Firelord. 3.Can You tell when he used his TK? I would try to find it. 4.So illusions, You say... It depends, Firelord can track energy, so he would know where greater energy has it place, therefore - Ikaris.   Personally? I belive that Firelord is considered as a weak Herald only because he lost in historic PIS with Spider-Man.   Someone who can 3 times fight with Thor and not be defeated (similar about Hercules) should be considered as a powerhouse.
I don't have any scans of him healing. But this is the standard Marvel description of how Eternals' durability and healing work: "Should Ikaris be injured somehow, he could regenerate any injured or missing tissue. An Eternal can only die through an injury that disperses a significant portion of his body molecules, or if he is injured after his mental control over his body is somehow broken."  To me, that implies that he can basically recreate missing tissue through an act of will--essentially an extension of his mental powers.

1.It all depends on level of this power. He isn't indestructible. 

@Owie said:

Here are a few scans, it's what I've got.  The first one compiles a few panels over multiple pages from the Evolutionary War storyline.  The Eternals captured Surfer and Super Skrull, who escaped only with effort and then fought them (4 Eternals plus Karkas vs Surfer and Super Skrull).  It was more or less an even fight.  In it, Ikaris shot Surfer a few times; the first one he shrugged off, the others seemed to have more effect.  Since I think, and I assume you would agree, that Surfer has more durability than Firelord, I think this is a testament to the fact that Ikaris' attacks could hurt Firelord at least somewhat.  Of course this battle basically makes it 2 to 1 odds (since Karkas is not a serious contender) for the Eternals to be equal to Surfer, but on the other hand Surfer is more powerful than Firelord and the Eternals are also fighting to keep him prisoner, not to kill him.  (I don't think Firelord is a "weak" herald, just more limited than ones like Surfer and Stardust.)

2.There is nothing that suggest tat Ikaris is even close to Surfer in anything.
In this one scan we see that Surfer can easily stop Ikaris' shot. Next, direct one, only slowed him down. Then, he was hold by Karkas, what let Ikaris to attack Surfer without his answer. Still, we don't see an end of this battle.  
I would consider Ikaris as a good opponent for Surfer, if he would tank Surfer's shots, that he would fight alone and if his HV would actually hurt Surfer.
Here few Firelord's feats:
Firelord vs. Hercules (and Thor  - first small encounter)

No Caption Provided

Firelord vs. Thor (second fight):
Firelord vs. Thor (third fight - last that I've seen between them):
+ fight ("execution" will be a better word) with Anniihlus' super-"hero" group - Centurions (if You've read only main Annihilation series You've didn't seen it, since Firelord fought with them in epilog bonus story):

Firelord's typical enemies are people much more powerfull than Ikaris, like Thor, Phoenix, Morg, Ravenous or Surfer.
I also don't think that Ikaris would be able to take out group of X-Men by himself (including tanking combined shot from Havok and Polaris).
@Owie said:

In the next scan, from the original Eternals series, Ikaris shows off his TK, which he is using to fly their plane--so it's actually more powerful than I thought.  He then turns off the illusion he used to cover his real costume, and then flies himself, which for Eternals is done through TK--so he is simultaneously flying himself and the plane.

In the next scan, he puts his girlfriend to sleep with an eye bolt.

In the next scan, he tanks a "potent" blast from a Deviant ship's  "z-ray" which could "kill a hundred humans."  He then evades their other attacks and (on the next page), he is hurt but says that while "Eternals can be hurt--but they cannot die."  He then manages to create an illusion to cloak their plane against both visual sight and the Deviant ship's electronic gear.  So I think his illusions can be pretty good. I don't really think Firelord's energy-tracing is going to do a great job following him, especially if he doesn't know that he's creating illusions in the first place.

Finally, Ikaris builds a massive battleship entirely through his TK.  I was wrong about this earlier; he does use the machine to help, but it seems like it's just that the machine has the master design plan for the ship, and Ikaris is using it to follow its directions, not to actually move the stuff.  So I think his TK is actually pretty powerful and refined.

3.I would rather say that controls rudder-bar then whole plane.
4.I don't belive that it would work on any stronger mind. Let alone Firelord's
5.Lava-thing actually impresed me more ;)
6.They can die - it was proven in other Eternals apperances. They just can rebirth. Which also isn't that easy, since they need a machine for that.
7.Firelord will see Ikaris in one place and then in the other place. Yet, he will not "feel" him there. For example, Firelord was once able to understand that Surfer only fakes his death.
8.Sorry, I don't see a part of him using his powers there.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By owie  Moderator

1.It all depends on level of this power. He isn't indestructible.

Sure, but he is fairly durable. Enough for it to take significant molecular dispersement to kill him.

2.There is nothing that suggest tat Ikaris is even close to Surfer in anything.

In this one scan we see that Surfer can easily stop Ikaris' shot. Next, direct one, only slowed him down. Then, he was hold by Karkas, what let Ikaris to attack Surfer without his answer. Still, we don't see an end of this battle.

I would consider Ikaris as a good opponent for Surfer, if he would tank Surfer's shots, that he would fight alone and if his HV would actually hurt Surfer.

I wouldn't say that Ikaris is close to Surfer, and I pointed out that it was 2 on 1. I'm just saying that his attacks had some effect, and since Firelord's durability is in my opinion lower than Surfer's, then Ikaris could have some effect on Firelord.

Firelord's typical enemies are people much more powerfull than Ikaris, like Thor, Phoenix, Morg, Ravenous or Surfer.

I also don't think that Ikaris would be able to take out group of X-Men by himself (including tanking combined shot from Havok and Polaris).

I'd agree in general. I'm not really arguing that Ikaris would hands-down beat Firelord. I'm trying to decide whether, using intelligent fighting and a variety of mental powers that most of those characters you mentioned either don't have or don't usually use, he could take some wins. I feel like he'd perhaps be able to get 4 or 5 out of 10 if luck is with him and he uses his teleportation, illusions, and TK to his advantage.

That said, those are good scans of him with Thor, and I'm glad to see them. They do put him at a higher level than I would have expected in the past. That said, some of them (not all) are sort of general wrestling around without a lot of real hits, especially the parts with Herc. But in some of them he clearly trades blows and energy blasts full on with Thor. So that does change my mind a bit.

3.I would rather say that controls rudder-bar then whole plane.

4.I don't belive that it would work on any stronger mind. Let alone Firelord's

5.Lava-thing actually impresed me more ;)

6.They can die - it was proven in other Eternals apperances. They just can rebirth. Which also isn't that easy, since they need a machine for that.

7.Firelord will see Ikaris in one place and then in the other place. Yet, he will not "feel" him there. For example, Firelord was once able to understand that Surfer only fakes his death.

8.Sorry, I don't see a part of him using his powers there.

3--I can see how that could be an interpretation, but I see it as he's fully controlling the plane.

4--possibly true, just showing the range of his powers.

5--lava thing? you mean the attack by the Deviants? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

6--sure, he's using hyperbole when he says they can't die. But the point is obviously that it's hard to kill them.

7--Or he could make more complicated illusions, and teleport completely away while they work on him. This would be made easier by the fact that they're in the Himalayas, where the weather and visibility are terrible.

8--I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying he's not doing it, the machine is? She says at the top that he's doing it all on his own using his powers of levitation.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fondofpacman

From reading the beginning of the Celestial saga in Thor, Ikaris is definitely meant to seem alittle weaker than Thor (for one example, Thor basically has to step in while The Forgotten One is beating up Ikaris). And based on the posted scans, it seems clear that Firelord is at least a match for Thor, so that sort of seals it.

Firelord would take out Ikaris.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ForcePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ForcePower

Firelord. Ikaris will hang for a while, but he won't win.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firelord with little difficulty in per feats. Ikarus's rep is above most of his showings.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Firelord.