owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Firefly vs Zartan (comics versions)

In character. Battle takes place in a cornfield with 8' corn. Zartan does not have use of any holographic tech. They begin 100' apart and don't know the other's location.

Zartan has a bow, 20 arrows, a knife, and a compact submachine gun.

Firefly has an assault rifle, a knife, three frag grenades, one stun grenade, and one incendiary grenade.

Who wins? Does this come down to stealth, firepower, H2H skills?

Firefly
Firefly
Zartan
Zartan
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By one_upper

Zartan is smarter and a better marksman, but in close quarters you have to give the advantage to Firefly. We've seen him engage in close quarters combat far more often than Zartan who likes to use disguise, stealth, and preparation to accomplish his goals.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sandiego008

I want to give this to firefly ...

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

@one_upper said:

Zartan is smarter and a better marksman, but in close quarters you have to give the advantage to Firefly. We've seen him engage in close quarters combat far more often than Zartan who likes to use disguise, stealth, and preparation to accomplish his goals.

I always liked Firefly better. But one thing is, back in the day and many continuities ago, when Firefly was supposed to kill the Hard Master, he realized he couldn't do it and hired Zartan instead. Is that an implicit admission of who would win in a fight, or just who was the better assassin for that particular situation?

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By one_upper
@Owie said:

@one_upper said:

I always liked Firefly better. But one thing is, back in the day and many continuities ago, when Firefly was supposed to kill the Hard Master, he realized he couldn't do it and hired Zartan instead. Is that an implicit admission of who would win in a fight, or just who was the better assassin for that particular situation?

I'd say it's situational. Like I said earlier they seem to have very different Modus operandi. Zartan had the better skills for the situation in question.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sandiego008

@one_upper said:

@Owie said:

@one_upper said:

I'd say it's situational. Like I said earlier they seem to have very different Modus operandi. Zartan had the better skills for the situation in question.

Not saying you are wrong but how does zartan have better skills based on OP ... it is 1vs1 starting on opposites of a battle field, w/ no prep. So all zartan has is marksmanship based on OP.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owie  Moderator

@sandiego008 said:

@one_upper said:

@Owie said:

@one_upper said:

Not saying you are wrong but how does zartan have better skills based on OP ... it is 1vs1 starting on opposites of a battle field, w/ no prep. So all zartan has is marksmanship based on OP.

I think he means that the Hard Master situation was situational, and Firefly gave it to Zartan because of his skills in that situation.

I do think Zartan's stealth is a factor here, because they're going to be sneaking around the field trying to get position on each other. But I think Firefly would be pretty good at sneaking around too.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sandiego008

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure zartans stealth or the majority of it comes from him being able to become anyone like mystique .... firefly just has stealth like batman or any ninja hiding in shadows etc ... in this situation IMO ... firefly should win ... make this a populated area or many other different scenarios zartan wins... but in this one I'm giving it to firefly.