#1 Edited by Lordflawlez (1292 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu can use any Canon form from street fighter series as he goes up against fire god liukang

If you don't know. Fire god liukang is the fusion between liukang and Raiden. Yeah some dragon ball shit there.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang stomps

Raiden alone will mop the floor with Ryu or any sf character much less a fusion with liukang

#3 Edited by LJayG (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@zane240: I wouldn't say stomp. Fire God Liu Kang is quite an opponent, being able to melt doors by his fists alone and wiping out an army fairly easily, but using any canon form for Ryu, like Udon Comics, gives him the ability to go Shin Ryu. Shin Ryu is able to send characters like Oni through mountains fairly easily, and this is Ryu still trying to learn this new form.

Have the Oni Scan

No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by Aqualion0 (2147 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang.

#5 Edited by MainJP (6242 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is “Liu Kang” combined into one word in the first two fomments and title?

Shin Ryu stomps.

#6 Edited by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg:

Dude if you are using comics then it becomes spite because Raiden has planetary feats yet he's supposed to be inferior to fire god liu kang

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#7 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16653 posts) - - Show Bio

MK characters levelled up in MK11

#8 Edited by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp:

Lmao there's nothing Ryu can do to Raiden much less fire god liu kang.

Raiden is enough to bitch slap Ryu everyday of the week

Raiden has healing, teleportation, energy projection, transmutation, energy manipulation, immortality, super durability, agility, stamina, speed and a shit ton of cool stuff in his arsenal that's enough to defeat Ryu

Now liukang inherits all of that plus his own skills and powers. Making him more powerful than either alone

Yet you think Ryu stands a chance? Lmao don't make me laugh

Raiden was always a tier above the liukang Ryus jin kazama of fighting games. Fire god liu should be several tiers above them. Which is why he's up against a being that could rewrite the history of creation

#9 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate.

#10 Posted by Lan_Fan (15011 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang.

#11 Edited by LJayG (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@zane240:

@lordflawlez said:

Ryu can use any Canon form from street fighter series as he goes up against fire god liukang

If you don't know. Fire god liukang is the fusion between liukang and Raiden. Yeah some dragon ball shit there.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The OP stated Ryu can us any canon form, which Udon Comics falls into. He's only fighting fire god Liu Kang from MK11. So that means we're using FGLK feats shown in-game feats.

#12 Posted by MainJP (6242 posts) - - Show Bio

@zane240 said:

Lmao don't make me laugh

It sounds like I already accomplished that feat judging by the fact that you typed “lmao“ twice.

#13 Posted by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg:

I'm sure op meant sf games and not comics and like I said comics vs comics liukang still wins easily

It's like this

Game vs game liukang wins

Comics vs comics liukang still wins

Heck Even if it were just the games its obvious that fire god liu kang operates at a higher level than Ryu.

He's a frikking immortal god with all the abilities of Raiden and Liu Kang that's enough to get him past Ryu easily

#14 Posted by LJayG (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@zane240 said:

@ljayg:

I'm sure op meant sf games and not comics and like I said comics vs comics liukang still wins easily

It's like this

Game vs game liukang wins

Comics vs comics liukang still wins

Heck Even if it were just the games its obvious that fire god liu kang operates at a higher level than Ryu.

He's a frikking immortal god with all the abilities of Raiden and Liu Kang that's enough to get him past Ryu easily

Not really. Liu Kang by himself would lose to Ryu a majority of the time.

@lordflawlez: Is FGLK using game only feats? And does Udon Comics count as a canon version?

#15 Posted by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg:

Whether base Liu Kang would lose to Ryu for the majority is debatable but that's not what we are arguing here

Fire god liu kang is a different beast. He's Raiden and Liu merged. Ryu isn't strong enough to beat the combined powers of both.

It's like omega shenron stomping ss4 goku and vegeta then they fused and started stomping shenron. Ryu isn't beating a fusion. Heck he isn't beating Raiden alone

Fire god liukang > Raiden > Ryu

That's the point am trying to make

#16 Posted by BaByAjaH20 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Shin Ryu from the upon comics has a pretty decent shot at giving him a good fight don't know if he can beat him tho

#17 Posted by BaByAjaH20 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Check this link out for feats on ryu

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/6e13l6/respect_ryu_street_fighter/

#18 Posted by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@babyajah20:

Non of that puts him above Raiden much less fg liukang who's more powerful

#19 Posted by Lordflawlez (1292 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg:

I meant game feats alone for both no comics. I've never read either comics

#20 Posted by LJayG (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg:

I meant game feats alone for both no comics. I've never read either comics

Okay, but next time when making a video game character thread, be sure to specify if you're using video game feats or comic feats for characters that have comics. Anyway, that means Ryu wins since he has survived an island crumbling around him and has one shotted Black Moons Bison with only a hadouken.

#21 Posted by MainJP (6242 posts) - - Show Bio

Games only? That means Ryu one-shots.

#22 Posted by LJayG (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp said:

EXACTLY!

#23 Posted by ZeromusEG (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp said:

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#24 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16653 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by jc9865 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang

#27 Edited by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeromuseg: @mainjp:

Lmao Raiden would literally fry Ryus ass casually everyday of the week.

He could turn his lightning into energy weapons that would be fatal to Ryu in one hit. Any feat of Ryu surviving a lightning sword to the chest?

A bloodlusted Raiden is a different beast he could even petrify Ryu instantly if he wanted. Raiden once turned Shao khan to stone

Show me anything in Ryus arsenal that can kill a god who's immortal with thousands of years of combat experience

Hadoken? Raiden tanks it easily, shields himself from it or teleportation solves that.

I keep mentioning Raiden because he's half the being that makes up fg liukang, A punch from fg liukang would rip a hole in Ryu chest

Fire god Liukang went up against a Titan who could rewrite the history of the universe and you think some martial arts guy who can shoot Hadoken from his hands is enough to beat him? Are you serious right now?

Shao Kahn stole the souls of 7 billion humans casually. That's a planetary feat and he's weaker than Raiden who's weaker than fg liukang

Dude Ryu is stupidly outclassed here

Like I said before

Fg Liu Kang> Raiden >Ryu

Honestly it's crazy thinking Ryu can beat Raiden much less fg Liu Kang

#28 Edited by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Even in mk mythologies. A fight between Raiden and shinnok nearly destroyed earth. Proving once again that these guys are only restricted by gameplay mechanics

By powerscaling Raiden should be far above any sf character. Adding his power to liukang would make it a spite against any sf character

#29 Edited by ZeromusEG (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang beat Kronica because he is immune to time manipulation.Beside time manipulation Kronica is almost featless.You cannot scale Liu to universal level.

Immunity for TM won't help Liu here because Ryu dont have TM.

Kitana beat and finish Shao Kahn.Does this means that Kitana is now at casual planet level?Anyway it got retconned.Now Quan Chi and Noob were creating SoulNado with rituals and human secrefices.Not a feat for Khan anymore.

Akuma sink a Island with one punch.Ryu beat Akuma at last twice.Liu Kang doesent have one feat like those.He lose here.Kronika can beat Ryu(no answer for time stop).Ryu can beat Liu.Liu can beat Kronika.Its not always ABC logic.

#30 Edited by Mee09 (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire God Liu Kang is too much or Ryu. Regular Liu Kang would beat base Ryu. Not sure why Fire God Liu was necessary here.

#31 Posted by icec0ld (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu is physically stronger than any version of Liu Kang and much faster.

Shin Ryu has Kabal level speed. He'd beat Liu kang easily.

#32 Posted by LJayG (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the high tier MK characters have statement feats, and has never shown anything close to shaking a planet in a battle. Anything shown on screen is a feat for them, and frankly, no one has seen the full power of the likes of Raiden or Shao Kahn unrestricted from the rules of Mortal Kombat.

#33 Posted by Torro6 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu kang given kronika ouright erased the realms and he beat her ass

#34 Edited by ZeromusEG (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@ljayg said:

Anything shown on screen is a feat for them, and frankly, no one has seen the full power of the likes of Raiden or Shao Kahn unrestricted from the rules of Mortal Kombat.

We see when Shao Kahn and Raiden are fighing withou restriction in MK11.Shao Kahn is first beat by Kotal Kahn and later defeated and killed by Kitana.No debuff from Elder Gods in any of this battles.Elder Gods are already dead by this point.Myth of planet level Shao Kahn is officialy over.

Raiden get better showning when he fight with army of netherrealm by himself.Yet he using Shinnok amulet entire time(buff) and his powers are resticted because he is in netherrealm(debuff) so it is hard to scale.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
#35 Posted by onilordasmodeus (3417 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeromuseg: I wouldn't say that at all. If anything, mk11 brought all the thought to be lower level characters up a notch.

First thing, mk11's rules are funky. Shao kahn was at the tournament when kronica brought him back, and so she said she stopped time at that point. Technically you could say kahn was suppressed the whole time...but honesty we can only speculate on that.

Anyway, the whole cast lived up to their titles of "champions", but Shao specifically was still doing his thing. Rocking the stadium with his blows. Running over people. Only a select few characters even phased him, and the one who "finished him" was trained by him, and had fought by his side for millenia. Regardless, Shao NOT not using his magic to it fullest extent in battle is par for the course at this point. But it doesn't erase the fact that shao himself stripped earth of all life in the MK3 arc, and merged realms in the past.

What mk11 does is put in perspective that shao lost his Godhood. He WAS a god but is no longer. He is/was probably still "immortal" in mk11, as in ageless, but could be wounded and/or killed by mortal means. But then again, he might still be alive, and only that dead like in mk9. (If you ask me. His wound in mk9 was WAY more devastating.)

So yeah, shao can still affect entire relms with his magic, but in kombat, extreme warriors can still pose a threat.

#36 Posted by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeromuseg:

Ryu isn't fighting liukang here

Ryu is fighting liukang + Raiden fusion which makes fire god liukang

How is that hard for you to understand?

A

Raiden is a class above the likes of liukang Ryu jin kazama etc

And he's only half of fg liukang.

The fact that fire god liukang is immune to time manipulation shows he's beyond space time which should further tell you that the likes of Ryu can't do anything to him. It's just simple logic

Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture instead of how many land mass did this guy destroy.

Only poor debaters use DC as the be all end all of debating.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Raiden >>Ryu

Fire god liukang (Raiden +liukang) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryu or any sf character

#37 Edited by ZeromusEG (179 posts) - - Show Bio

So still no feats for Raiden? Ok.

Being god/demon means very little in Mortal Kombat lore.Shao Kahn is conquer of words and he get killed by Kitana.Shinok(Elder God) lost to Johnny. Buffed Shinok(Buffed Elder God) lost to Cassie Cage.Cetrion(Elder God) was losing to Jax.Buffed Onaga was killed by Shujinko.Raiden was beaten by Deadly Alliance.Blaze (most powerfull of all fighters) be lore can be killed by anyone,this is point of MKA.In MK verse Gods are losing to mortals on daily basic.

Only poor debeters use "he is God so he win" as an argument.Especially when multiple feats show a different story.In opening of MKD Raiden is using suicide attack and his last card only destroy one temple.Rest of island is completely fine.Akuma sink a island with one fist.In base form.Without Dying.

Based on feats:

Ryu/Evil Ryu/Akuma >>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Raiden.Sorry.FG Liu kang has better chance then Raiden but he still lose.

#38 Posted by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeromuseg:

Lmao don't argue blindly

Shao khan isn't a god in mk11 and getting liked by Kitana is the writers jobbing him to hype the new vilian

And lmao at all that shit you posted. No one can kill a god not even Raiden himself can kill shinnok which shows immortality

Since you love posting feats. What feats does Ryu have to say he can survive consistent lighting blast from Raiden? Something that killed even liukang?

How does he deal with teleportation, immortality, petrification, direct lightning from the sky above and all that shit Raiden has? Where is his lightning resistance feats?

If there's one thing u should also know. The story mode is just that story mode. It's just that u are playing as a good guy so u should win at the end no matter what

The writers make them job for story progression but when u look at what they are capable of then u should know they were written badly in terms of abilities. I mean Shao khan for example didn't use a single super move or any of his abilities. Not even a energy blast ffs. That says alot

Deadly alliance are sorcerers who have lived for thousands of years with shit tons of abilities under their arsenal. They themselves are not human so I don't know why you think that's a bad performance. Ryu would get destroyed by the deadly alliance as well. Oh and that Raiden is vastly weaker than current Raiden.

Fg liukang one shot hundreds of armies in one attack. His punch can melt metal. He's immune to time manipulation and beat a being that could rewrite the history of the universe

Kronika would kill Ryu casually like a bug and that's the dude fg liukang beat

#39 Posted by icec0ld (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

The evil ryu moves at the speed of sound and can topple sky scrapers. Liu cannot match that unless he turns into a dragon.

#40 Posted by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld:

Raiden can transform into natural lighting so I don't think keeping up with Ryu speed is a big deal

Heck Ryu isn't faster than raiden's lightning

He would get fried right off the bat

#41 Posted by Zane240 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld:

Raiden can transform into natural lighting so I don't think keeping up with Ryu speed is a big deal

Heck Ryu isn't faster than raiden's lightning

He would get fried right off the bat

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
#42 Posted by onilordasmodeus (3417 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld said:

The evil ryu moves at the speed of sound and can topple sky scrapers. Liu cannot match that unless he turns into a dragon.

Base Liu would beat Ryu any day. I want all the smoke. Give me a feat that RYU has done that you think Liu cannot match.

Base Liu has the advantage in:

• Skill,
  • Speed (Liu can teleport), and;
  • Striking power.

Ryu has Liu beat in durability and that is about it.

Sure Ryu can do mass area of affect damage with his Hadou energy, but so can Liu. In MK11, Liu used his dragon fire to bring down an entire stone structure. Not to mention in MKX he was casually blowing military helicopters out of the sky, and casually one-shotting geared up special forces soldiers. And this is all without his dragon form, let alone his Fire God form.

Anyway, MK11 makes it clear that these MK champions (this is how they are refereed to throughout MK11) are a cut above "normal" people. Well beyond Olympic or peak human levels, and into the super human.

#43 Edited by BocoVetar (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone seems to forget that Fire God liu kang beat Centrion,the chick that can become the size of a planet.And then beat Kronika fused with Centrions soul.Raiden alone destroyed an entire civilisation in a battle with Shinnok(mk4s intro) and if anyone crys about how we didn't see it,you have the time Raiden stopped Shinnoks planetary corruption while beaten up and if you think Shinnok had any other intentions for earth just watch his win pose.And Akuma got his ass kicked time and time again without islands going down,so dont act like Raidens slip ups are his max.Also Lightning moves anywhere 223 000mph-1/3 the speed of light(depends on if it is the leader bolt or return stroke) and Fire God Liu kang power is directly connected to life energy of ENTIRE earthrealm,Ryu doesn't stand a chance.