Finale Flash Supersonic Punch vs Finale Quake's Ultimate Quake Attack

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Barry's "planetary" supersonic punch hits the force of Daisy's Graviton busting blast. Who's still standing?

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planetary super punch? The hell? That was building level at best.

Quakes feats blows Barry's out of the water.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dami24434

quake spites. that's like comic flash level of striking feat

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg: ppl are claiming it is cuz the satellite was gonna cause an extinction level event

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: That's dumb. A mam with a bomb vest can destroy a building bur can still die to a bullet to the head. Does that make the bullet building level

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash's punch.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FireStarLord73194

@thanosii: I don't think it's the same thing, thinker was increasing the mass and thus acceleration of the satellite so logically flash (and his daughters combined) punch had to have enough force to cancel that energy out. The scenario you presented would only make sense if the man himself gave off the same amount of force as the bomb when the bullet hit him or the bullet directly stopped the force of the explosion which it doesn't, it prevents the explosion from occurring. Not the same thing

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's all the context behind flash's punch?

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: Devoe tried to cause an extintion level event by increasing the mass of his satillite as it fell to the Earth.

Barry built up speed and launched a supersonic punch (although it's moreso a massively hypersonic punch since the re-entry speed satillite appeared slowed down) to try and destroy the satillite.

Nora assisted with the feat by also building up the same if not more speed than Barry and launching the same punch. Together they destroyed it although it was implied that Barry's body wouldn't have been able to handle the feat alone.

I'm a bit baffled as to why the fact that it's a shared feat is being mostly ignored by some.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: Devoe tried to cause an extintion level event by increasing the mass of his satillite as it fell to the Earth.

Barry built up speed and launched a supersonic punch (although it's moreso a massively hypersonic punch since the re-entry speed satillite appeared slowed down) to try and destroy the satillite.

Nora assisted with the feat by also building up the same if not more speed than Barry and launching the same punch. Together they destroyed it although it was implied that Barry's body wouldn't have been able to handle the feat alone.

I'm a bit baffled as to why the fact that it's a shared feat is being mostly ignored by some.

That sounds like a huge asterisk people aren't bringing up. That makes it like, half his feat, half hers.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: Wow.... Are they really taking that statement literally?

The chunks from the satellite didnt even cause a pot hole in the ground and we are supposed to believe the satellite was an extinction level threat?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RBT

Barry's punch of course. Sending a man flying at Mach 33+ doesn't really compare to overcoming the momentum of a several thousand ton object falling at roughly same speed.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

@firestarlord73194: Wow.... Are they really taking that statement literally?

The chunks from the satellite didnt even cause a pot hole in the ground and we are supposed to believe the satellite was an extinction level threat?

Do u have any idea about reentry impact?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Barry's punch of course. Sending a man flying at Mach 33+ doesn't really compare to overcome the momentum of a several thousand ton object falling at roughly same speed.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JDogg

@plotweapon16255: Do you have any idea how big an extinction level event is?

If the big chunks that came directly off of the satellite can't even scratch the ground the satellite ain't causing an explosion that is supposedly going to cause the extinction of humanity. Reentry speed doesn't give that level of momentum either.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Except the person she shot into space in two seconds could've easily dispatch that satellite. He easily picked up a spaceship that was three times the size of that satellite and easily no sold her Quakes before. She didn't just toss a regular human into space she tossed Graviton so the level of difficulty would go up exponentially.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg: again, thinker increased its mass, we can compare size and appearance all day long but the show said he increased its mass so much it could destroy the planet (something graviton needed both daisy and all the gravitonium on earth to do, a goal he never achieved) so while yes it's impressive graviton moved a large ship, the implication is the satellite was heavier and moving faster. And yes the show wants you to believe it was an extinction level threat, the thinker knew what he was doing nor was he bluffing

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

@rbt: Except the person she shot into space in two seconds could've easily dispatch that satellite. He easily picked up a spaceship that was three times the size of that satellite and easily no sold her Quakes before. She didn't just toss a regular human into space she tossed Graviton so the level of difficulty would go up exponentially.

Why would we assume he was pushing down with all his power when she quaked him?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: The meteorite was frozen to Barry though

So would be anyone he hits. That's why his hits do so much damage.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: which still is pretty impressive, being able to cancel out 50 percent of earth destroying force with a punch is still insane, that puts Barry above moon level but definitely below planetary

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4 said:
@stormking1221 said:

That sounds like a huge asterisk people aren't bringing up. That makes it like, half his feat, half hers.

No Caption Provided

Yeah her assistance in the feat is clear as day and taking in account further context from scenes leading into that moment, it's very likely Barry would've died or been seriously injured unassisted.

Ex: Marlize having little faith in Barry's ability to survive the impact (keeping in mind that she probably has as much, if not more info on Barry's capabilities than Team Flash due to prepping for him with Devoe) and the stylistic decision in portraying the build up to the punch twice, the latter time including Nora's assistance to emphasize that help was needed.

Also from my own head canon, the fact that Barry had a head start and Nora almost completely caught up to him almost portrays her as going faster in that him in that moment, which would mean she may have contributed more.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder: So? You realize Barry is a speedster right? The same speedster that has casual feats that put him above Mach 33+ by a wide margin.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By plotweapon16255

@jdogg said:

@plotweapon16255: Do you have any idea how big an extinction level event is?

I do.

Do u have any idea how much mass it needs to survive a reentry in a single piece?

If the big chunks that came directly off of the satellite can't even scratch the ground

The show isn't some million dollars movie to make COLLATERAL DAMAGE every time.

satellite ain't causing an explosion that is supposedly going to cause the extinction of humanity.

Again, It's not a million dollars movie.

Reentry speed doesn't give that level of momentum either.

Based on?

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormking1221: Right. From what I'm reading, Flash 1/2 deflecting a surface killing satellite/meteor thing is way more powerful than Daisy launching Graviton into space imo.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Yeah but to him it's frozen. Wouldn't that mean that there's really no energy against him? I mean, would that not be the equivalent to us hitting a stationary satelite on the ground?

I don't know, that's how I think of it cause it's frozen to him meaning the only thing impressive with this is him punching the satelite into a wreckage, no? I mean, something similar happened in one of the earlier seasons. Barry caught a sniper bullet moving slow to him, but it didn't pierce him even though it hit his palm and he's suspectible to similar piercing tools.

I'm no physician so correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I've come to see it.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Yeah that's kind of my whole point. Read the above^^^

I'm not saying anything about, I'm just questioning it because it was frozen to him.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder:

Yeah but to him it's frozen. Wouldn't that mean that there's really no energy against him? I mean, would that not be the equivalent to us hitting a stationary satelite on the ground?

Not really. Barry is still swinging at whatever speed he's running at. Newton's third law, so, he is getting hit back at with same force.

I don't know, that's how I think of it cause it's frozen to him meaning the only thing impressive with this is him punching the satelite into a wreckage, no? I mean, something similar happened in one of the earlier seasons. Barry caught a sniper bullet moving slow to him, but it didn't pierce him even though it hit his palm and he's suspectible to similar piercing tools.

Actually, a bullet can still pierce him just like it would a normal human. If Barry caught sniper bullets with no damage, meaning he caught the bullets from side. If he puts his finger in front of a bullet and waits for it to move, it'll certainly pierce him, assuming there's no interference from speed force.

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likely Quake's, based on Graviton's previous ability to no-sell her blasts. She wasn't just launching anyone into space, but someone mightily impressive in their own right. Also, Barry would have died without Nora's help.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JDogg

@plotweapon16255: Pretty sure surviving reentry is not based on mass but durability.

Um that's not an excuse lol. Agents of Shield, SG, LoT, and even the Flash have all shown collateral damage for much less. Big chunks can't even dent a street yet I'm actually supposed believe this thing is going to devastate a planet?

Reentry speed is mach 25... something of that size going only mach 25 isn't going to produce the energy of an extinction level event. Wiping everything on the surface of a planet would be a multi continental feat which isn't what was anywhere near shown.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JDogg

@rbt: Why would he need to? He is has durable as Gravitonium as he composed of it.

She pushed him out of the Earth's orbit and he couldn't rebound from that attack which shows he couldn't stop the momentum he was going at. So it doesn't really matter if he was pushing all his force down because he couldn't stop her quake either way.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RBT

@jdogg:

Why would he need to? He is has durable has Gravitonium as he composed of it.

Because durability does not increase mass. Unless he was bracing for the attack like he was when Quake attacked him on the Remorath ship, punching him into orbit is same as punching a human.

She pushed him out of the Earth's orbit and he couldn't rebound from that attack which shows he couldn't stop the momentum he was going at. So it doesn't really matter if he was pushing all his force down because he couldn't stop her quake either way.

Which means he was dazed enough not to do anything. We never saw him attempt and fail to stop his momentum.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg, @rbt: my buddy pointed out that iris gave the team orders to evacuate the city, meaning only the city was threatened with extinction. Not sure what to make of that

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

@plotweapon16255: Pretty sure surviving reentry is not based on mass but durability.

Have u seen a satellite/space station reentry survive a reentry?

Um that's not an excuse lol. Agents of Shield, SG, LoT, and even the Flash have all shown collateral damage for much less.

No, they never DID unnecessary COLLATERAL DAMAGE considering

FYI: they did showed a explosion.

Big chunks can't even dent a street yet I'm actually supposed believe this thing is going to devastate a planet?

Since u seen to be an expert COLLATERAL DAMAGE, tell me how much damage it should have done?

Reentry speed is mach 25... something of that size going only mach 25 isn't going to produce the energy of an extinction level event. Wiping everything on the surface of a planet would be a multi continental feat which isn't what was anywhere near shown.

Again ur clearly providing that u have no idea about reentry impact other then nip picking it.

No Caption Provided

The satellite itself was able to create gravity force of that was able to push it at a speed of about 540km/hr which created a orbital decay.

& u have no idea how much mass it needs to create that gravity!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f72565291596
deactivated-5f72565291596

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers