#1 Posted by jiggs1234 (812 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • DC comics
  • Who wins and why
#3 Edited by rgow12 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

People will say Nate stomps but I think Fernus can win.

#4 Posted by Kingant27 (16826 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate almost easily, time manipulation, reality warping and IMO slightly superior TP.

#5 Posted by jiggs1234 (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#6 Posted by Warlockmage (8747 posts) - - Show Bio

been done... even if nate was limited to solely his Telepathy he'd win...

#7 Posted by geekryan (3781 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate almost easily, time manipulation, reality warping and IMO slightly superior TP.

Ha ;)

Fernus is a teambuster who was easily able to take out the JL on 3 occasions. Nate would win with time/reality manipulation, but without those, Fernus' telepathy is superior and so are his physicals, especially speed.

#8 Posted by Thatoneguy887 (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done. Multiple times. Nate stomps every time....

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#9 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4083 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate prob dies if he uses TP. Fernus was able to effect a ton of dudes with high amounts of TP resistance and basically stomped them when he didn't want to kill them whatsoever. He's basically J'onn with no limiter on him as well as actually using his powers in clever ways in comparison to his normal self who usually holds back and is kinda dumb when it comes to versatility.

Nate should win if he actually uses some of his other hax abilities, but I'm not sure he'll be able to unless his speed is really good and he can get the first few shots in before Fernus overcomes him with his own offence.

#10 Posted by Supermanthor (13534 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#11 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15371 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate, so long as he doesn't underestimate Fernus.

#12 Posted by Rac95 (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate is more versatile than Fernus and I doubt that Fernus could put him down physically.

TP is really the only question

#13 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95 said:

Nate is more versatile than Fernus and I doubt that Fernus could put him down physically.

TP is really the only question

Nate has durability greater than that of Superman and the perception to keep up with the Flash?

#14 Posted by del_torro (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate drains him of all psionic energy, killing him

#15 Posted by Rac95 (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Nate can exist without a body and manipulate time, I think that is more useful

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#16 Edited by RampageTheFirst (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate, however, he isn't winning in a telepathic battle against Fernus if he does decide to go about that way.

#17 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95 said:

@outside_85: Nate can exist without a body and manipulate time, I think that is more useful

I am pretty sure that suddenly finding himself in that state will make a impact on his thinking process. Plus Fernus could just trap Nate in a mental maze the same way he did to the Key.

#18 Posted by Aqualion0 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate

#19 Posted by Rac95 (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95 said:

I am pretty sure that suddenly finding himself in that state will make a impact on his thinking process. Plus Fernus could just trap Nate in a mental maze the same way he did to the Key.

He got his whole body shattered and just continued talking. He can also just exist as a being made out of energy.

As for the second point, that is why I am saying that TP is the only question

#20 Edited by MorbusGrav (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate handily

#21 Edited by SmoothSanta (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Nate has the better TP here.

#22 Posted by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Rac95 (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: Going to read it, but from the OP I just read, one of Nate's prime advantages (time manipulation) is taken away in the tournament. I think this makes a huge difference

#24 Posted by TifaLockhart (20999 posts) - - Show Bio

Tentatively backing Nate until swayed.

#25 Posted by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: I'm pretty sure that time manipulation requires thought to use, and Martian Manhunter is faster than almost anyone in Marvel Earth as far as speed and reactions are concerned. Nate Grey is still physically a mutant human, he's not lightspeed or even sub-relativistic.

#26 Posted by Rac95 (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: Speed of thought is one thing I can't really judge here, but Fernus would have to kill him in a single move, to stop him from thinking though

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#27 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate curbstomps...

#28 Posted by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: That's not outside his capabilities. MMH has taken out people with single moves before.

#29 Posted by Rac95 (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: People with the same combination of powers like Nate? He is basically a reality-warping energy construct

#30 Posted by Batvibe12 (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate, however, he isn't winning in a telepathic battle against Fernus if he does decide to go about that way.