ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shameful copy from the previous thread:

Featherine

Yog has almost no usable feats. Yeah, he's all of reality, but he doesn't do much outside of giving mortals some magic power and impregnating women. The Cthulhu Mythos Gods aren't for fictional battles, they barely make any appearances and Lovecraft writing isn't centered around feats of power or something like that.

AbraxasCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AbraxasCore

Stalemate

AbyssFleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AbyssFleet

@sungsam I was reading some of sungsam replies about lovecraft, and it seems that the lovecraft verse isn't as big as Umineko's or something?

It'll be like Yog Sothoth is the nigh omnipotent in a smaller cosmology while Featherine is nigh omnipotent in a bigger one.

If so Featherine wins

If not, I guess they tie judging from what others tell me and what I seen about Yog.

SwagPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both cosmologies are of equal size and complexity, thus this is a stalemate.

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ovy7

Reposting this again, I guess:

Featherine

Yog has almost no usable feats. Yeah, he's all of reality, but he doesn't do much outside of giving mortals some magic power and impregnating women. The Cthulhu Mythos Gods aren't for fictional battles, they barely make any appearances and Lovecraft writing isn't centered around feats of power or something like that.

The thing with Lovecraft is that he's vague when it comes to how strong his Gods are. Yog encompass the entire universe, is omniscient, apparently beyond dimensions (found this on VSBW, so...), and him speaking was similar to multiple universes converging.

Even if the Mythos is a multiverse, Yog feat of being the multiverse and knowing anything in it would barely put him on Beatrice's level, but the thing is that even if Yog is on her level, she has more feats.

Featherine is so stupidly above Beatrice than it is redundant to compare them. The simple fact that she rules over a thing that holds infinite multiverses/megaverses, and can make beings who turn stories into candy look like fictional fodders, is enough to decide the fate of this battle.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ovy7: Can you give me some feats for Characters like Battler, Willard and Featherine ? I hear that Battler transcend the concept of Speed and Distance but what about the other guys ?

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma:

Here are two RTs (done by me, shameless plug) about Beatrice and Battler. If you want to find more about the Umineko verse, check this RT.

I hear that Battler transcend the concept of Speed and Distance but what about the other guys ?

Yep, he did:

No Caption Provided

The other guys like Dlanor, Willard, and the Witches, should scale to him because Dlanor fought him, Willard is in that level too, and the Witches, well, this is pretty straightforward (Battler is the lowest rank of Sorcerer, so Witches like Bern, Lambda, and Auau, should be able to easily replicate the feat).

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ovy7: LOL so fodders from Umineko would literally solo the whole HST and verses like Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball, thanks for the feats by the way :)

One last question:

Is there any reason for them to be that strong? Unlike comic characters, anime characters usually train to get the power they have, so why are they so strong ?

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma:

LOL so fodders from Umineko would literally solo the whole HST and verses like Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball, thanks for the feats by the way :)

Yep, and it gets even crazier when you consider that most of the characters that made an appearance (outside of Featherine) are fodders, as there are entire factions composed of being way stronger than the likes of Bernkastel and Lambdadelta (the Gods, The Senate, The Court of Heaven, Lambdadelta's Fanclub, Featherine's Friends, etc.). The entire Umineko was about fodders fighting each other lol.

One last question:

Is there any reason for them to be that strong? Unlike comic characters, anime characters usually train to get the power they have, so why are they so strong ?

Well, I can't say this this is the real reason why, but Umineko is this strong because of his meta-narrative nature. The magic system is build upon manipulating concepts, truths, and even stories, so the powerlevels can escalate very quickly. There's also the fact that the cosmology is build on a hierarchical ladder, where each step on the ladder functions the same way VS Battle Wiki thinks that dimensions functions, i.e. a higher being would view a lower being as fictional and can edit their story (this is exactly what happened when Lambda fought Featherine). Then there's the Fragments/Kakera thing, and how those little things can represent an entire universe, multiverse, or even more (in the City of Books they represent entire stories with their own protagonists and cosmologies), and even low level Witches can manipulate them with ease (IIRC Maria created her entire CatBox inside Beatrice's Catbox).

AbyssFleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AbyssFleet

@ovy7: That’s what I’m thinking.

From what I’ve heard, If lovecraft is really only infinite multiverse or even infinite multiverses in size, then it doesn’t really compare then

Again, I’m still learning about Lovecraft so I don’t want to make any judgement.

So as of now, I’ll just say stalemate but my opinion may change

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sungsam

@abyssfleet said:

@sungsam I was reading some of sungsam replies about lovecraft, and it seems that the lovecraft verse isn't as big as Umineko's or something?

It'll be like Yog Sothoth is the nigh omnipotent in a smaller cosmology while Featherine is nigh omnipotent in a bigger one.

If so Featherine wins

If not, I guess they tie judging from what others tell me and what I seen about Yog.

Umineko's cosmology is fucking complex in my opinion. The only thing beating it IMO theoretically are probably Dark Tower (but I don't think Gan and his wife can take on Featherine) and some of the Suggsverse Chinese Xian Xia novels have a ridiculous cosmology, but the latter are generally badly written anyway according to what I hear. Which means you have to be the next Suggsverse just to beat Umineko's current cosmology.

But Lovecraft, I don't know. One must be specific about which version of Lovecraft. Extended Author? (which in fact, includes you and me) or the OG Lovecraft? strictly source material straight from the H.P.? Because Nyarko and Demonbane are technically just as valid as the so called "normal" Extended Author sources. There are versions of Lovecraft Gods more powerful than even Extended source, Demonbane and OG so we need to be clear. There also exists Azathoth + TOAA fusion characters, they're just as valid too. In my book, Lovecraft should never be part of any VS debating because anyone can just say that "OH NYAR IS OMNIPOTENT" they would be correct, because Lovecraft intended his shit to be added and interpreted anyway, however one sees it, since its public fiction.

In my opinion, OG Lovecraft Azathoth isn't Omnipotent, but In my opinion and interpretation, if I were to write a Lovecraft fiction myself, Azathoth is Omnipotent to me just because, and I don't really care otherwise for example.

High end interpretation for OG Lovecraft Cosmology is most useful when you're using Outerversalist scaling with Dimensional scaling which is a feat skipping method of tiering just like Omnipotence is. In my opinion, being Outerversal only means you're an Omnilock. The problem is when you're only using one interpretive fiction power scaling methodology technique over other methods.

Lovecraft supporters are never too clear when asked to prove what the nature of the "dimensions" in OG Lovecraft are. So I don't take Lovecraft's case for dimensional tiering seriously.

AbyssFleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AbyssFleet

But Lovecraft, I don't know. One must be specific about which version of Lovecraft.

I see. I guess the source material lovecraft? That's usually regarded as the most powerful version but i'm not sure, since I've never seen anything outside of dimensional tiering to support its power.

should never be part of any VS debating because anyone can just say that "OH NYAR IS OMNIPOTENT" they would be correct, because Lovecraft intended his shit to be added and interpreted anyway, however one sees it, since its public fiction.

Yeah, that's the problem with public fiction. There're so many different interpretations and all vary in power but all are equally valid. So the OP should've specified which version but I guess we should just assume he meant the OG Lovecraft.

OG Lovecraft Azathoth isn't Omnipotent,

How come? I thought it waking up and everything ceasing to exist was just Howard's take on an all powerful god?

High end interpretation for OG Lovecraft Cosmology is most useful when you're using Outerversalist scaling with Dimensional scaling which is a feat skipping method of tiering just like Omnipotence is

Exactly, that's my problem with this. It seems some fictions just get a free pass in some communities based on how iconic they are and how much people like them. Literally no one would allow dimensional tiering for any other fiction out there so you have to legitimately prove the verses power, yet lovecraft usually just gets a free pass.

Lovecraft supporters are never too clear when asked to prove what the nature of the "dimensions" in OG Lovecraft are. So I don't take Lovecraft's case for dimensional tiering seriously.

So what does it have going for it?

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yog and its not close

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ovy7

@sungsam said:
@abyssfleet said:

If so Featherine wins

Umineko's cosmology is fucking complex in my opinion. The only thing beating it IMO theoretically are probably Dark Tower (but I don't think Gan and his wife can take on Featherine) and some of the Suggsverse Chinese Xian Xia novels have a ridiculous cosmology, but the latter are generally badly written anyway according to what I hear. Which means you have to be the next Suggsverse just to beat Umineko's current cosmology.

But Lovecraft, I don't know. One must be specific about which version of Lovecraft. Extended Author? (which in fact, includes you and me) or the OG Lovecraft? strictly source material straight from the H.P.? Because Nyarko and Demonbane are technically just as valid as the so called "normal" Extended Author sources. There are versions of Lovecraft Gods more powerful than even Extended source, Demonbane and OG so we need to be clear. There also exists Azathoth + TOAA fusion characters, they're just as valid too. In my book, Lovecraft should never be part of any VS debating because anyone can just say that "OH NYAR IS OMNIPOTENT" they would be correct, because Lovecraft intended his shit to be added and interpreted anyway, however one sees it, since its public fiction.

In my opinion, OG Lovecraft Azathoth isn't Omnipotent, but In my opinion and interpretation, if I were to write a Lovecraft fiction myself, Azathoth is Omnipotent to me just because, and I don't really care otherwise for example.

High end interpretation for OG Lovecraft Cosmology is most useful when you're using Outerversalist scaling with Dimensional scaling which is a feat skipping method of tiering just like Omnipotence is. In my opinion, being Outerversal only means you're an Omnilock. The problem is when you're only using one interpretive fiction power scaling methodology technique over other methods.

Sometimes I wish ComicVine had an Up-Vote or Gold button like Reddit, because your comment needs to be the first in this thread. Because of the nature of Lovecraft's works (being free for anyone to use and add to the Mythos) and because of how vague the OG writings were, I truly wish for the Mythos to stop being used in VS debates (also because I'm sick of people thinking that Cthulhu got killed by a boat).

OT: Auau stomps. Not even dimensional tiering would help Yog here.

AbyssFleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AbyssFleet

@gamer-guy:

Oh, It's definitely close

超越了魔女的境域,甚至达到了造物主的领域………据说是接触到了不可抵达的境地,因病而死了。

"She who had reach beyond the territory of Witch, attain the domain of the Creator………It's rumored that as she has attain the impossible position"

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yog wins.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ovy7 said:

Shameful copy from the previous thread:

Featherine

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen enough hentai to know where this goes

Avatar image for asnakewillbiteback
aSnakeWillBiteBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Featherine. Azathot is not confirmed omnipotent. There's no reason to consider his 'dream' any different than Featherine's 'story'. Yog would just be the stronger character in Featherine's story, a dimension below her.

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back to this thread again.

Yog Sothoth embodies Reality/Omniverse at full wank, but Featherine warps the Reality/Omniverse, so how does that work out well for Yog?

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's Featherines best feat?

gabrielthelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

an impasse the Yog Sothoth and the personification of the existence he and incorporeal and even beings of infinite dimensions comes him as an infinite and unattainable thing

zgtfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zgtfreak

@gabrielthelord said:

an impasse the Yog Sothoth and the personification of the existence he and incorporeal and even beings of infinite dimensions comes him as an infinite and unattainable thing

Nope. It specifically states Yog is beyond finite dimensions: "All descended lines of beings of the finite dimensions, continued the waves, and all stages of growth in each one of these beings, are merely manifestations of one archetypal and eternal being in the space outside dimensions."

Aurora blinks regardless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gabrielthelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gabrielthelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zgtfreak: more if it is above the dimensions it is still above the dimensions or I am wrong

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e83bb0dbb5
deactivated-5e0e83bb0dbb5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabrielthelord From that what I've heard, infinite dimensions in lovecraft are just fan-fiction.

gabrielthelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e91375f523bd
deactivated-5e91375f523bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Featherine wins this, all life starts from something called Aurora which is Omnipotent. I would post the scan but I don't have a desktop

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FAA GODSTOMP

Idontknowa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yog-Sothoth or stalemate.

physicalculturi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Featherine doesn't have a cosmology advantage here. Yog sothoth doesn't really have battle feats. He isn't really a battle character. At least he wasn't shown to fight like other multiversal+ beings. I think this gives Featherine the edge. But honestly. I don't think she'd be able to truly perma kill him. But I do think she'd be able to banish his instantly every time he appears. You has been banished by fodder humans every time he appears. This is a predictable outcome. So I personally would count this scenario as a win.

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Featherine wrecks

Beyond-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers