Feat vs Bio

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

I'm curious on how others feel about this.

During a VS debate, when is it good to use the feats of characters rather than their bio info?

My issue is that most writers seem to abuse their power and really take a character to a limit they shouldn't reach for a story.

Example: Spiderman beating Firelord

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hadrelius

Dormath says:

"I think they in reality any one can pretty much beat anyone with the right planing and situation so all these battles are just majority winner. what that has to do with ur question I am not sure this is just what came to mind."

Hard to bring reality into fantasy without taking away the excitment.

Dormath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dormath

I think they in reality any one can pretty much beat anyone with the right planing and situation so all these battles are just majority winner.

what that has to do with ur question I am not sure this is just what came to mind.

Dormath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dormath

I dont think so I mean Radiactive man can beat superman by giving off a GK vibe right.

and Iron Man usualy beats RM. and Supes can would most of the time curbstomp Iron man but the fact that any one can win on any given day is what makes comics the most intersting to me. Dont get me wrong when batman avoids Darksieds beams that is crap but if he where to figure out a way to beat Darkseid with out doing stuff like that then that is awesome.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius

Dormath says:

"I dont think so I mean Radiactive man can beat superman by giving off a GK vibe right. and Iron Man usualy beats RM. and Supes can would most of the time curbstomp Iron man but the fact that any one can win on any given day is what makes comics the most intersting to me. Dont get me wrong when batman avoids Darksieds beams that is crap but if he where to figure out a way to beat Darkseid with out doing stuff like that then that is awesome."

I see your point but its not really what I'm asking. I recently had a debate on a forum of Black Adam vs Apollo of the Authority. Someone who was for Black Adam stated that Apollo hasn't done any feats to suggest that he's anywhere near Black Adam's class. He was right that so far Apollo hasn't been shown to do anything like Black Adam, but by that argument neither has Black Adam been shown to do anything on scale of Superman. Just recently, I saw Cage beat the Wrecker (a guy who stood toe to toe with Thor). Based on feat, Cage should be able to hang with Thor, but by Cage bio, he can't.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By The_Martian

It depends on the the feat and the bio. If someone is always show to do certian feats that they could never do based on their bio, then you would go with the feats. But if they do something that they aren't usually shown being able to do and their bio doesn't have them at that level then it is just bad writing(like Spider-Man beating Firelord).

Rune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rune

Ok I see what your saying. Its hard to say cause any given day right, but I guess Feats stand out because alot of heros have risen up form there bios and then there bios had to be changed so I would go with Feats.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius

Nobody says:

"It depends on the the feat and the bio. If someone is always show to do certian feats that they could never do based on their bio, then you would go with the feats. But if they do something that they aren't usually shown being able to do and their bio doesn't have them at that level then it is just bad writing(like Spider-Man beating Firelord)."

Can you think of a character that's is always being shown doing feats beyond their bio?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Martian

Alpha says:

"Nobody says:
"It depends on the the feat and the bio. If someone is always show to do certian feats that they could never do based on their bio, then you would go with the feats. But if they do something that they aren't usually shown being able to do and their bio doesn't have them at that level then it is just bad writing(like Spider-Man beating Firelord)."
Can you think of a character that's is always being shown doing feats beyond their bio? "
The main one that comes to me is Mar-Vell.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

Nobody says:

"Alpha says:
"Nobody says:
Can you think of a character that's is always being shown doing feats beyond their bio? "
The main one that comes to me is Mar-Vell. "

Haven't really seen him do anything beyond his power. Got an example?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Martian

Alpha says:

"Nobody says:
"Alpha says:
"Nobody says:
Haven't really seen him do anything beyond his power. Got an example? "
Check out almost any thread involving him that I have posted in LOL. I have posted pictures of him fighting Thanos, which is well out of range for his bio which he has done on several occatoins. Defeating a robot that was defeating the Mighty Avengers with easy, with a single attack. Knocking back Black Adam in a cannon crossover. With his bio stating him to be at 10 tons or 15 tons, he shouldn't beable to do any of that stuff.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius

Nobody says:

"Alpha says:
"Nobody says:
"Alpha says:
"Nobody says:
Haven't really seen him do anything beyond his power. Got an example? "
Check out almost any thread involving him that I have posted in LOL. I have posted pictures of him fighting Thanos, which is well out of range for his bio which he has done on several occatoins. Defeating a robot that was defeating the Mighty Avengers with easy, with a single attack. Knocking back Black Adam in a cannon crossover. With his bio stating him to be at 10 tons or 15 tons, he shouldn't beable to do any of that stuff. "

He seems to be a perfect example of what I'm taking about. Let me look closer at his abilities before I make a statement on him. I know people like BAtman and Captain America beat people out of their class all the time but that's ability or skill (whatever you want to call it) is part of those characters make up.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius

From what I just read about Marvell, he has the ability to absorb solar energy. He can use this to augment his strength and the power of his blast. He also has "cosmic awareness" which allows him to see a opponents weakness and the smarts to take avantage of it. Based on this, I could see him being able to fight Thanos (never seen him beat Thanos though). Alsao, I know that they gave him an upgrade recently. Cobalt Man stated that he was stronger and faster than before.