Faora (MoS) vs Thor, Lady Sif and the Warriors Three (MCU)

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor has more durability.

Thor has better striking feats with Mjolnir.

He solo's.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

He would have died from a fall

The funny thing is, he did survive the fall.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City feat was debunked

Thor was near taken out by a large boulder, he was physically incapable of getting up.

Weaker than Hulk who's rampage against Tony was nothing when 2 Krypts really went at it.

Faora stomps

1. Still has better striking power and damage output
  2. He still got up and got his face beat in and still didn't Ko. He survived the explosion in AoU, he survived the explosion if the Bifrost while we've seen kryptonians get ko'd from blunt force trauma and nearly get ok'd from a gas station explosion.
  3. He survived the fall w/o a scratch. There's nothing to indicate he would've died.
  4. Because we actually see Iron Man trying to contain the damage and you see him trying to save people. Most of the damage in metropolis came from the World Engine. Hulk getting an entire construction site basically falling on him. Clark was ok'd from the oil rig falling on him.
  5. Flora doesn't come close to stomping. Her speed is irrelevant while Thor the various AoE attacks he's displayed in the film and Faora hasn't shown that she can dodge lightning.
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By MrUnsmiley

@rudebomberboy01 said:
@mrunsmiley said:

By all means, make a thread. See what people think.

There's already one: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/aou-iron-man-vs-faora-and-nam-ek-1689248/?page=1

Read through it. The feats are there, the facts are there, no matter how much you laugh or fall behind general consensus will change that.

Literally the first 10 posts are people calling it spites and mismatches, and it goes on. I don't think you know what "general consensus" means.

That's it, I'm done. It's been debated several times over, and nothing new has come up. The fact that you even voiced that opinion shows me that debating with you is a lost cause.

Unsmiley out.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

Clark was ok'd from the oil rig falling on him.

Actually, Clark survived the explosion, he was only stunned by it as revealed in the official MoS novel.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Dextersinister

@m_man:

In terms of striking it was. He still survived the explosion.

Wasn't an explosion, Tony said the reaction would disintegrate the rock and that was what happened, there was no explosion for him to be caught in

Thrown by someone who one-shotted a skyrscarper sized building. Oh and you conveniently ignored the part when he was hit into the mountain first

What are you talking about?

Krytonians have been knocked far further with little to no affect, not really making a good point here.

and he doesn't have the ability to make rocks harder, a big boulder still did a number on him which is consistant with Thors low mid-tier durability that would have him killed by a fall.

No proof........actually there's proof to the contrary, he tanked a city exploding.

Writers intent is a thing, Thor reacted as if his life was in danger, we have seen no better durability feats. The fall would have killed him.

Those kryptonians aren't even involved in this thread.

your right but considering they are the same race what they can do is still relevant, these aren't Asgardians which seem to be given random levels of power. Loki who could give Thor a fight was also knocked out by being slammed into a floor.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

The funny thing is, he did survive the fall.

No he didn't, no fan theories please, way too much of that as far as movie Thor is concerned.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@mrunsmiley:

Literally the first 10 posts are people calling it spites and mismatches, and it goes on. I don't think you know what "general consensus" means.

You read 10 posts from the first page, out of three pages? Wow. I said "read through it". It was considered a mismatch because Tony was up against both of them at the same time. The thread turned into Iron Man vs Faora and right at the end of it, the open minded people who actually took their time to read through acknowledged what Iron Man was capable of and agreed that the fight was a lot closer than one would think.

I know what general consensus is, and I understand it's not always right which is why I don't support you using it as a reason to justify why Faora wins here.

That's it, I'm done. It's been debated several times over, and nothing new has come up. The fact that you even voiced that opinion shows me that debating with you is a lost cause.

That only proves that you are not as open minded as you thought you were. My opinions are backed by facts. Iron Man can beat Faora whether you like it or not.

Unsmiley out.

Good riddance.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c6b6b1c5
deactivated-57d17c6b6b1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man:

In terms of striking it was. He still survived the explosion.

Wasn't an explosion, Tony said the reaction would disintegrate the rock and that was what happened, there was no explosion for him to be caught in

Thrown by someone who one-shotted a skyrscarper sized building. Oh and you conveniently ignored the part when he was hit into the mountain first

Krytonians have been knocked far further with little to no affect, not really making a good point here.

and he doesn't have the ability to make rocks harder, a big boulder still did a number on him which is consistant with Thors low mid-tier durability that would have him killed by a fall.

No proof........actually there's proof to the contrary, he tanked a city exploding.

Writers intent is a thing, Thor reacted as if his life was in danger, we have seen no better durability feats. The fall would have killed him.

Those kryptonians aren't even involved in this thread.

your right but considering they are the same race what they can do is still relevant, these aren't Asgardians which seem to be given random levels of power. Loki who could give Thor a fight was also knocked out by being slammed into a floor.

No he wasn't, what film were you watching?

No Caption Provided

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By pr0d1gy

Kyptonians can be crushed by a falling building.

Thor can't.

Thor wins.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@dextersinister:

No he didn't, no fan theories please, way too much of that as far as movie Thor is concerned.

Except it's not a theory. He did survive the fall, just because he broke out of the glass cage doesn't mean all the momentum built from falling at that height was suddenly cancelled. He merely changes his position mid-fall.

Loki who could give Thor a fight was also knocked out by being slammed into a floor.

Loki didn't get knocked out by Hulk slamming him. He was hurt sure, but he wasn't knocked out. And no, Thor always holds back against Loki, he admitted this himself.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By WastelandMan

@dextersinister:

.......You do realize explosions can disintegrate things right? Whatever you consider it, Thor was literally caught dead center in it.

Kryptonians don't hit as hard a Kurse who can one-shot a skyscraper sized building.

Mass increases with speed. The harder something is thrown the harder it hits. Do you even physics bro?

Writers intent is a thing

So is relative interpretation.

Thor reacted as if his life was in danger, we have seen no better durability feats. The fall would have killed him.

By that logic Supes and Zod would have died for looking endangered and fleeing from a building collapsing:

No Caption Provided

And Thor took hits from someone who can collapse a skyscraper with a single punch.

Oh and by the way, Hulk, who you implied was inferior to Zod and Superman actually TANKED a skyscraper collapsing unlike Clark who ran from it:

No Caption Provided

your right but considering they are the same race what they can do is still relevant, these aren't Asgardians which seem to be given random levels of power.

Snyder confirmed that Krytonians are weaker with suits. I mean Faora can't even fly or use HV and she clearly wasn't hitting even as close to as hard as Zod and Clark were when they fought in the city. On top of all of this, she couldn't even take down a Superman who was significantly holding back in a 2v1. This should be obvious.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

Actually, Clark survived the explosion, he was only stunned by it as revealed in the official MoS novel.

You have the scan?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. Lady Sif and The Warriors Three can act as distractions while Thor can deal with Faora with a couple of charged lightning blasts.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man:

Kryptoniingdon't hit as hard a Kurse who can one-shot a skyscraper sized building.

That wasn't Kurse dude haha, the story in that comic was set before the first 2011 Thor movie. I'll post his name one I read through it again :P

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@uugieboogie said:
@rudebomberboy01 said:

@uugieboogie:

You have the scan?

Nah, but Academic has the book and confirmed it. The book is not digitally available here in the U.K and I'm not ready to spend £15 ordering it from Amazon, so I just took his word for it.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By uugieboogie

@rudebomberboy01 said:

@m_man:

Kryptoniingdon't hit as hard a Kurse who can one-shot a skyscraper sized building.

That wasn't Kurse dude haha, the story in that comic was set before the first 2011 Thor movie. I'll post his name one I read through it again :P

His name was Kurse, I got the comic on my app I'll post the scan.

EDIT: I found the video. The "Kurse" were just those warriors that were shown in the beginning of TDW.

Loading Video...

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

That was Kurse? LMFAO! How the hell did I miss that?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By WastelandMan

@rudebomberboy01 said:

@m_man:

Oh lol. He looked exactly like Kurse's traditional appearance so I just figured it was him. Oh well Kurse still has better strength feats than any MoS Kryptonian so my point remains.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

@mrunsmiley said:
@uugieboogie said:
@m_man said:
@mrunsmiley said:

Then she takes a weapon from one of the Warriors Three that she kills, and murders Thor with it. Simple matter.

Why try to use those blades when she has her own?

@m_man said:
@mrunsmiley said:

Then she takes a weapon from one of the Warriors Three that she kills, and murders Thor with it. Simple matter.

Why try to use those blades when she has her own?

If, as you and uugie are implying, Thor is durable enough to withstand puncture wounds from regular knives, she may as well resort to her own. Given how Kryptonians are more a more advanced race than Asgardians, it may be that Faora's knife is able to wound Thor, but it hasn't shown anything special. The fact remains that the option remains open to her.

What proof do you have that Krytptonians are move advanced? lol.

Asgardians could only use interplanetary travel via bridge, a worm hole (as easily explained in science), however, Kryptonians mastered space flight, colonization and different dimension travel in proof of their ability to access the phantom zone; an alternate dimension.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@rudebomberboy01 said:

@m_man:

Oh lol. He looked exactly like Kurse's traditional appearance so I just figured it was him. Oh well Kurse still has better strength feats than any MoS Kryptonian so my point remains.

It was Kurse or a Kurse apparently haha.. now I'm confused :S

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

That was Kurse? LMFAO! How the hell did I miss that?

Yeah, lol. The "kurse" were the warrior dark elves that used that stone like the beginning of TDW. I posted the video of the comic if yo want to check it. Same series Cap swims down to a sub and clears it on his own lol.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

Yeah, lol. The "kurse" were the warrior dark elves that used that stone like the beginning of TDW. I posted the video of the comic if yo want to check it. Same series Cap swims down to a sub and clears it on his own lol.

Haha, thanks for the info man. I own the story myself but I haven't read it in... a while :P

Have you read any of the Cap/Widow MCU comics? They have some ridiculous feats in there too lol..

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solo's.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

Haha, thanks for the info man. I own the story myself but I haven't read it in... a while :P

Have you read any of the Cap/Widow MCU comics? They have some ridiculous feats in there too lol..

Yeah I got them all on my Marvel app. Cap and Widow have some crazy feats too in tie ins. I actually need to go back and check Hawkeye out. I think Iron Man gets the most glory in the tie ins too lol.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By WastelandMan

@rudebomberboy01 said:
@m_man said:
@rudebomberboy01 said:

@m_man:

I was too @.@

Reading through the dialogue in the video posted by @uugieboogie this Kurse was the previous Kurse (I think)? Which means he should be capable of everything the new one can do and vice versa since they have the same power right? Hard to tell because of the quality of the video.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solo's.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

Yeah I got them all on my Marvel app. Cap and Widow have some crazy feats too in tie ins. I actually need to go back and check Hawkeye out. I think Iron Man gets the most glory in the tie ins too lol.

I don't remember seeing Hawkeye anywhere lol, that guy is so underused.

@underlined part: Oh gosh, don't even remind me. He only has like a bazillion stupid feats..... which actually makes Thor look incredibly impressive for overpowering him and no showing everything he threw at him :D

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By uugieboogie

@m_man said:
@rudebomberboy01 said:
@m_man said:

I was too @.@

Reading through the dialogue in the video posted by @uugieboogie this Kurse was the previous Kurse (I think)? Which means he should be capable of everything the new one can do and vice versa since they have the same power right? Hard to tell because of the quality of the video.

The Kursed were the warriors that used that stone or whatever for the power boost.

Loading Video...
WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By WastelandMan

@uugieboogie:

Ohhhh I got you. So did the character who Thor fought in that comic use the same stone as the Kursed in the Dark world?

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@rudebomberboy01 said:

I was too @.@

True, I'd personally just use it as a durability feat for Thor TBH because, damn, that is an awesome durability feat for him.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

I don't remember seeing Hawkeye anywhere lol, that guy is so underused.

@underlined part: Oh gosh, don't even remind me. He only has like a bazillion stupid feats..... which actually makes Thor look incredibly impressive for overpowering him and no showing everything he threw at him :D

IIRC he was in about 9 or 10 issues but I don't think he was used that much lol. But IIRC he had a pretty good H2H feat I have to go back and reread. And yeah I agree w/ that seeing how much damage Iron Man tanked w/o a scratch. The best feat for Thor I remember is one-shotting that leviathan that ate him lol.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#134  Edited By Heatblaze

@goldroger said:

Faora speed blitzes.

No, she does not. She gets solo'd by Thor.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

@uugieboogie:

Ohhhh I got you. So did the character who Thor fought in that comic use the same stone as Kursed in the Dark world?

Yeah the stone caused the transformation. The main "Kurse" cut a hole in himself and hide the stone there until he got arrested and put in jail. Once he gets in there you see him break it and use it.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

IIRC he was in about 9 or 10 issues but I don't think he was used that much lol. But IIRC he had a pretty good H2H feat I have to go back and reread. And yeah I agree w/ that seeing how much damage Iron Man tanked w/o a scratch. The best feat for Thor I remember is one-shotting that leviathan that ate him lol.

Poor Hawkeye haha.

Oh and Thor actually one-shotted two Leviathans

The first one in the background of the first scan, and you know the rest lol

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: I didn't even realize that was what that was on there tv lol good catch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solo's.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By XioKenji

Spite.

Mismatch.

Faora blitzs.

Faora 1 shots Thor while charging his "city busting OP 1 shot fanwank thunder slam" then proceeds to snap the necks of the other fodder. oh and then proceeds to stomp his face till he dies.

Stolen from page 1.
Stolen from page 1.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#145  Edited By GXrevolution96

@rudebomberboy01 said:

Nah, but Academic has the book and confirmed it. The book is not digitally available here in the U.K and I'm not ready to spend £15 ordering it from Amazon, so I just took his word for it.

Incidently, I just downloaded the digital copy of the book and I can clarify this

The novel also adds more context to the Superman and Zod fight.

“His flight wasn’t as smooth as Superman’s, but what it lacked in grace and finesse it made up for in speed and power. He looped around in a wide circle, heedless of any obstacles in his path. He smashed headfirst through the upper stories of several unlucky skyscrapers, raining steel and glass onto the streets below, where terrified men and women again ran for cover. Penthouse apartments and sky-level restaurants were razed by the his aerial rampage. Roofs were torn from buildings. Water towers toppled from their elevated perches. Neon signs exploded in showers of sparks. Billboards plunged like guillotine blades"

Page 387

“They met head on—like opposing storms—in the dusky sky above Metropolis. The resulting thunderclap could be heard all the way across the city. The superhuman fracas literally rose to new heights as they traded blows in the heavens before tumbling to Earth like fallen angels.

"Downtown streets cracked and cratered beneath the impact. Deserted cars and buses bounced into the air. A two-hundred-foot tall construction crane was uprooted by the tremors. Tons of metal groaned as the crane crashed down around them. A swinging boom came loose, smashing into the side of a luxury high-rise, before impaling a bus stop below. A wrecking ball bowled through the entrance of a popular nightclub" Caught up in their never-ending battle, the combatants barely noticed. Zod grabbed Superman’s cape and swung him around, flinging him into the air as though throwing a hammer. The Man of Steel barreled through the base of a landmark office building, bringing the entire structure down. At this rate, it would be a miracle if Metropolis had any skyline left when the fighting was over, one way or another.”

Page 388

“He smashed headfirst through the upper stories of several unlucky skyscrapers, raining steel and glass onto the streets below, where terrified men and women again ran for cover.Penthouse apartments and sky-level restaurants were razed by the his aerial rampage. Roofs were torn from buildings. Water towers toppled from their elevated perches. Neon signs exploded in showers of sparks. Billboards plunged like guillotine blades.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96:

More context? Haha sounded more like the writer was high as fuq! When did this part: "The Man of Steel barrelled through the base of a landmark office building, bringing the entire structure down" happen? But whatever, it's canon so I just gotta deal with it really.

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the two are in character, then Faora would probably win given the fact that she has superior speed and skill, and she utilizes them both extremely efficiently, as demonstrated on Supes.

However...I reckon Thor could put her down in a few shots.

He could potentially one shot if he's very serious.

This is assuming he can even hit her at all.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By MUVDCU

@uugieboogie: well their bladed weapons went straight through jor-els armor which was made of the same material that took blows from superman(zods armor)in the movie without showing almost any damage. Also they were depowered on krypton when it happened so yeah, they are somewhere between human steel and adamantium but closer to adamantium. Not saying they are indestructible but definitely much higher sharpness and durability than a human knife. To be fair I would say they are equal maybe aside from enchanted blades etc.

Generally speaking magic trumps science in comics lol.

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Monte-Cristo

I think Thor would eventually tag her and win after a few powerful blows. Faora can only win if she attacks first and doesn't let up. The other team members die quickly.

On a side note Id say the official novelization of MOS gives the kryptonians some feats that tip the scales against other cinematic characters. Some feats from it:

Zod apparently hit Clark hard enough that the same force would have sent a cast iron into orbit easily. The clashes between him and Superman could be heard across the city. The force and tremors of their clashes caused cars and buses to bounce in the air and a 200 ft crane to be uprooted. Superman punches Zod across Metropolis all the way over a river. Clark apparently has some nanosecond reaction feat by dodging a limousine thrown by Zod. Zod shrugs off a parking garage falling on him. When Faora was having the sensory overload she shrugged off several missles and 30mm cannon fire. Namek and Superman had brief pain and no injuries from the missles and 30 mm cannon fire. The tentacles on the world engine fighting Clark were hundreds of times stronger than the defense bot that attacked him on the kryptonian scout ship. Clark wasn't KOed from the oil rig, just stunned. It also goes into detail about Clark being exhausted when fighting Zod since he had been weakened by the world engine and not having enough time to completely recharge.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@monte-cristo:

You see, unlike the MCU comics, the MoS novels contradicts A LOT of the feats shown in the movie due to the writer writing the story based on the original script/storyboard he was given, and writing the story while the movie was in preproduction.

Most of the things he wrote got cut out of the movie and never happened, like Faora getting hit by multiple missiles and Warthog cannons.... that never happened in the movie as she never once got hit and only got hit by one missile which knocks her out. Or Zod chucking a limousine at Clark, or Zod shrugging off a parking garage falling atop of him, that never happened in the final product too because we were able to watch their entire fight from start to finish, but whatever.

I'm not taking away from the feats because well, they are impressive, but they do contradict the movie.

And Thor still has impressive feats in the comics.