Fantasy Army Tournament Sign-Ups [Filled]

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wut: An hour? That looks alright but with the usual method you have a map that already has pre-included terrain and the like so you literally just color-code, plop some dots and move 'em around.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: You have to search google for suitable maps with the terrain you need. I can just make my own custom terrain. Also looks way prettier and more professional.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@supremegeneration: You have to search google for suitable maps with the terrain you need. I can just make my own custom terrain.

Fair enough.

Also looks way prettier and more professional.

Way disagree with the prettier, but it does look sophisticated.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@decaf_wizard: @xlr87t3: @chronicplane Hey, make sure you guys send me your 'regiments' either in pm or on here. The regiments can be whatever size or composition you want, but it will help both you and me direct and move the troops across the battlefield.

That can change depending on the map, due to the Scout perk. I'll need to see the map and the enemy before giving you the details.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3:That's fine. You can always change your regiments whenever you want, even in battle, would just take time, just wanted to establish I needed that.

@supremegeneration: That map was very basic, I throw in hamlets, forest, rivers and bridges, cliffs, hills, ruins, road networks, etc.

But once you make the terrain and army comps, it is super easy because it is designed to replay battlereports so once you 'deploy' and mark their movement, you hit 'end turn' and it moves it for you. Soooooo nice. All you do is input casualties and any other things that happen.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wut: My regiments are already set for now (go to post #47), I do have the scouts perk so when my match starts I can use that to change my units if I so desire it if that is ok, I'd prefer to see the map layout and who I'm up against (with scouts perk) before considering to change my regiment but as of now it's set.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By XLR87T3

@chronicplane: How much do Centaurs costs? Do they count as cavalry?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Cool, my undead army is complete I shall slaughter all human mortals and cover the lands in corps #UndeadSquad

No Caption Provided

They get eaten alive by bugs

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@chronicplane said:

@wut: Cool, my undead army is complete I shall slaughter all human mortals and cover the lands in corps #UndeadSquad

No Caption Provided

If you want to be pre-fight bantering, it's more like:

Yeah, you're gonna cover the lands with the corpses of your army.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@chronicplane said:

No Caption Provided

If you want to be pre-fight bantering, it's more like:

Yeah, you're gonna cover the lands with the corpses of your army.

It's not really banter. Just a fact. With proper fortifications, a living army can wait it out, and it will take less than a week or even to few days before each corpse gets stripped to the bones and decomposed.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: Meh, that's assuming they survive long enough. His horde of zombies should barrel through anything that isn't the 5-point fortification.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: My demigods specifically train to fight threats like that on a daily basis. Come at me, mate.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: No they don't, are you referring to the movie versions please Viserion is way to fast for either of them, also he can't be killed by normal means (Dragon Glass, ect)

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: No they don't, are you referring to the movie versions please Viserion is way to fast for either of them, also he can't be killed by normal means (Dragon Glass, ect)

yea, solostomp might've been too much but...

• Percy's fought at least two dragon like beings before
  • Jason's lightning is mansion busting
  • If you fight me, I have the weather perk so it's going to be raining. That means Percy (who gets amped by water) might just be able to win solo
  • This is book versions, they're both arrow timers with massive amounts of elemental power
  • Percy is highly resistant to heat
  • Last but not least, their weapons are Celestial Bronze and Imperial Gold which is specifically meant to harm monsters

But let's not argue here...

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Good thing I have the scouts perk so I'll know who I'm facing and If I so desire it I can change up my army to best suit me in that said battle.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Good thing I have the scouts perk so I'll know who I'm facing and If I so desire it I can change up my army to best suit me in that said battle.

Now that's a good point, lol. Almost everyone took scout perk, but meh. I can deal without it. Like I said, my demigods literally train everyday to fight mythological monsters.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: It's good, I just don't like Kil'jaden being charge rather have just the lich king mixed with Kel'Thuzad. If I was you I'd keep the perks they seem good use the extra horde to flesh out weaker crap s

• Ghouls
  • Zombies
  • Skeletons; swords and shields and bows

then use the main points to support with heavies

• Abominations
  • gargoyles
  • Necromancers mixed with meat wagons to get those extra forces
  • flesh giants
  • flesh titans
  • Bone golems
  • Bone Wraiths

That's just me though, your set is good regardless.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: If I understand the rules correctly, Viserion can be killed "by normal means" in this tournament.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: Kil'jaden grants me certain advantages, DK's function more or less the same as necros. Everything else wasn't worth the point cost. I am trying to be very point cost effective, hence taking Vrykul Women+Arthas rather than Val'kyr

Also, why do you think I have Putricide? I very much want flesh Titans

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: If I understand the rules correctly, Viserion can be killed "by normal means" in this tournament.

Aka, it gets turned into a pincushion by arrows.

@chronicplane said:

Now that's a good point, lol. Almost everyone took scout perk, but meh. I can deal without it. Like I said, my demigods literally train everyday to fight mythological monsters.

One way to get around that is to look at the battlefield, which doesn't change without a perk. Typically, you'd want the army best suited for the environment, not just against the enemy. A bunch of zombies or knights in a wet jungle just wouldn't work.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: I think I can manage friend you Just take care of yourself, also just to clarify but Viserion (as well as the other two dragons) are durable enough to tank normal arrows.

Also as you may know but my army consists of nearly 200,000 units so I'm pretty sure my army outclasses anyone who hasn't got hordes without end, If your army count only consists of measly hundreds then you will be over run just pointing something out

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: 1 spear caused Drogon a lot of pain.

Some people might not be bringing normal arrows to this party.

And I agree, your army is too much for anybody with only a few hundred units.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: That one spear that shot down viserion wasn't an ordinary spear thrown by the Night King, what I'm getting at is my dragon is capable of tanking normal arrows and is fast enough to avoid the most dangerous projectiles (Referring to the undead version with the night king riding it)

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: I saw nothing to suggest Viserion/Night king were agile enough in flight to be considered arrow timers. It would depend on the accuracy of who ever fired a projectile that could cause them damage.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the people in here breaking the rules, not me though, no sir.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: Drogon is fast enough to dodge one of huge cross bolt arrows in season 7

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: @chronicplane:

Hordes without end isn't that good unless filled with the best tier it can be filled with while getting the most amount units from the perk. Those "measly hundreds" (from most people) can individually down dozens upon dozens of your guys without breaking a sweat, and that's not mentioning all the AoE from their Tier IX/Tier X that will be wiping out thousands per second lol

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Wut

@xlr87t3: Centaurs would count as cav yes.

@Everyone: I was going to give the other three another day (which I did, was going to start yesterday), but as I have not heard from them, I am going to be sending out PMs shortly.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Bronn missed with his first shot. His second shot hit Drogon. Drogon was flying straight at Bronn, looking at him, and didnt try to dodge the bolt. I dont think dragons would try to dodge because they believe they have nothing to fear (just my opinion).

Viserion was hit by the first ice spear thrown, but he didnt see it coming.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: I must be misremembering lol, but you're right on the ice spear. That thing shredded him hard.

You're right about dodging too. In-verse they were OP enough that armies are scared of a single one.

That said I only seen GoT Season 7, never saw the other seasons but I'm going to binge soon.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Chronicplane

@supremegeneration: How can you watch the last season but somehow miss out on the previous six.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Wut

Loading Video...

Arrows do nothing but bounce off the scales.

It was a very large ballista with, from the looks, a double torsion string that pierced the scales, but it didn't pierce all the way through and that was his shoulder, a fairly thing part of his body, also, mind you, it was mounted on a swivel to better let it track a flying target, and Drogon was still able to fly after having it in and was fine afterwards:

Loading Video...

An ice spear (which have previously shown to be able to shatter normal blades, so calling it just a spear is hardly fair) thrown by the Night King, a being with super human strength as the White Walkers have already shown to have, was able to pierce all the way through the center of Viserion and he also threw the spear a bloody hundred yards if not more :

Loading Video...

Lol I'd not say smacking the dragons of game of thrones durability because a super human throwing a super spear with greater force then a ballista was able to take it down is fair.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: I just saw it on tv and started watching the episodes as they came out... I mean, I saw DWAGONZ, can ya blame me? One of my friends has vowed not to speak to me until I see the first 6 episodes... He's a massive mega super fan of the series.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

I can guarantee you will be up until 4am each night because of "just one more episode" syndrome lol

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Chronicplane

@supremegeneration: Damn that friend of yours has some dedication right there, You should've started with the first season and work your way up.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: As far as supplies are concerned, can I have an Elder Scrolls enchanting table and alchemy table?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Please? The Imperial camps in the games at least have a small Alchemy table, if not a forge and Enchanting table.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Wut

@xlr87t3: No, the rapid means in which the protagonist creates game-breaking potions and enchantments is not indicative of how they preform in-universe. As we have no measuring stick outside of hilariously broken gameplay, the answer is a resounding no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: no amount of magic or anything like that won't save you because you're people are as good as dead :)

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: There are plenty of books talking about enchantments, and it seems like it's not far from what we see in the game. It's only a matter of whether you have the necessary qualifications, which is a filled soul gem, enchanting knowledge, an unenchanted object, and the table itself. Apparently, enchanting is so widespread that it is a business, and colleges use it to fund their projects.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Wut

@xlr87t3: Any such enchantment work would have been done before the battle. Not duringthe battle. Same as alchemy. If you want to give your people 'magical weaponry', then do so, but you would move your men up tiers depending on the potency of the items.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I looked up what Beastmen were on Google. What I saw and read was disturbing...

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: They aren't that bad. Humans beat them just fine using superior discipline and tactics.