Fantasy Army Tournament Sign-Ups [Filled]

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Wut

@xlr87t3: It's assumed you have supplies enough for the coming battle. It's assumed animals and insects you pay for can follow basic commands.

@paragonnate: lol you weren't. but enough people didn't bother reading the rules that I gave up. Like half of them did it. Got tired of fighting people on a simple concept, so whatever. As long as it isn't too outlandish, it's whatever.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@xlr87t3: It's assumed you have supplies enough for the coming battle. It's assumed animals and insects you pay for can follow basic commands.

@paragonnate: lol you weren't. but enough people didn't bother reading the rules that I gave up. Like half of them did it. Got tired of fighting people on a simple concept, so whatever. As long as it isn't too outlandish, it's whatever.

Eh, Night Elves have a diverse enough roster as is. think I'll stick purely with them.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Where do you think a standard NE Sentinel would be on the scale? Keep in mind a number of them would likely be veterans of the War of the Ancients (like Tyrande) with 10K years of experience. Even if they weren't that old they likely have centuries under their belt at least, if not millennia. On top of being 7 foot tall amazons that Grom Hellscream described as 'perfect warriors' without fear or hesitation.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok

@wut

I will be taking

Perks:

• Bring out your Dead
  • Hordes Without End

Troops:

• Kil'Jaden: 20,000 points
  • The Lich King: 5000 points
  • Sindragosa: 5000 points
  • Professor Putricide: 1000 points
  • 20 Elite Death Knights: 20,000 points
  • 200 Vrykul Women: 4000 points
  • 250 Crypt Feinds: 5000 points
  • 20,000 Ghouls: 20,000 points
  • 150,000 Scourge Skeleton Warriors. 150,000 points (hordes without end)

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Wut

@paragonnate: Some have been alive for ten thousand years, not fighting a ten thousand year war, land was peaceful enough for the druids to all go for naps, after all. Skilled, but their armor makes them less expensive. Would fall under the same categories as High Elves, so tier V for basic sentries.

@decaf_wizard: Abominations are in the same spot as trolls and ogres. Tier VII, iirc. Ghouls would just be a point, don't remember them being anymore effective then normal skeleton warriors.

Your math on the val is off. Sorry for short reply, at work.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: what about their armor?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Vrykul Women is what I would like, not Val'kyr. I am taking them as a tier IV. Doesn't have any bearing to do with what I plan to do with em though

Also Ghouls are undead shock troops. They are much stronger than their size would suggest but are somwhat frail, fight like berserkers and possess a bit of their former intelligence. They also regenerate from eating corpses

What about Plague Eruptors?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: My hard drive is dead or i'd rep the horde or forsaken....

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate:Average sentinel armor is just treated leathers.

No Caption Provided

@decaf_wizard: Ah, the vikings, sorry, I am super tired and was reading it on break, so didn't give it much of a look.

Skeletons warriors can also have armor and use weaponry including shields and so potentially fight in a shield wall, which, imo, makes them roughly comparable enough. A militia man should be able to kill either on their own.

How large are plague eurpters?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Plague eurptors are like twice the size of a man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: My hard drive is dead or i'd rep the horde or forsaken....

What U think of my setup?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: These are wearing metal armor. Most of the ones in the game are, even back in Warcraft 3 most Night Elf units, besides the druids, had metal armor.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Wut

@decaf_wizard: Then pay the 'troll' tier price.

@paragonnate:Yeah, that level of 'armor' would still keep them tier V especially since they don't bother to cover all of their body in it, gotta have those metal panties, I suppose.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: At least it's not a metal bikini passed off as armor

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Point. :P Its just a belly shirt passed off as armor.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: What about their cavalry? There were plate armored Night Elf noble cavalry with lances during the War of the Ancients. Think they traded off the lances for bows now though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@decaf_wizard: Then pay the 'troll' tier price.

1000 points is a little much, especially given that three or four people should be able to take one out. I never said they are twice as tall as a man, if I had to put a weight on them I might say 400 pounds

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Do we have to give points for every soldier if it's in the same army? The Imperial Army (Elder Scrolls) has skirmishers, archers, horsemen,man-at-arms, battlemages, etc.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard:So more man and a half, then? You may pay a tier less then.

@paragonnate: Same as Dragon Princes, they are specifically listed on one of the tiers.

@xlr87t3: Yes, you pay for every soldier regardless of their origin.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I was gonna go with tier 6 but ok, I guess the giant apex predator they are riding makes up for their lack superhuman stats.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Wut

@paragonnate: Heavily armored cavalry on a giant panther kinda makes me put them on Dragon Prince level. If they were on horses, tier VI would have been fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ok. Updated my list

I am ready

One last question, how would the Scourge blight work in this scenario?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Doubt the battle would last long enough for blight to really have a large impact on the battle. Blight is most useful in killing land and denying it for their enemies. It gives small buffs to the Scourge, but nothing to write home about, so if you bring people that can spread it, no reason you cannot. Just like with all magic, the more you spread and the faster you do it, the more it would exhaust the person doing it.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: How much are horses and mounts?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: A mounted soldier cost one tier higher then their dismounted variant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@decaf_wizard: Doubt the battle would last long enough for blight to really have a large impact on the battle. Blight is most useful in killing land and denying it for their enemies. It gives small buffs to the Scourge, but nothing to write home about, so if you bring people that can spread it, no reason you cannot. Just like with all magic, the more you spread and the faster you do it, the more it would exhaust the person doing it.

Scourge just sort of.....passively spread blight. Scourge just passively carry it around and spread it

Lore wise, anything that spends excessive times on blighted ground gets really sickly and dies. Then becomes undead and joins the scourge. Necromancers and Plague Doctors can create things to spread the plague of undeath REALLY fast. But the blight is different

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Yes, excessivetimes. We know humans can, and have, (Scarlet Crusade) lived and fought across blighted lands everyday. Isn't going to be much of a factor here. This isn't a campaign, its just a battle and will be over long before any negative effects of the blight really take place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ok

Ready when you are

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: ok think i've gotten everything worked out, want me to pm it to you?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Alrighty. I'll be sending a PM out to be who haven't finished theirs soon as I plan on getting underway tomorrow.

@paragonnate: Yes please.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: What are the limits to the supplies? Can I give modern crossbows and bows to medieval knights?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: It has to be equipment they used, so no, they may not have modern compound bows.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Can we just pick up the weapons of our dead comrades and foes? And mounts, can we steal them?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Wut

@xlr87t3: No reason you can't. Stealing mounts depends on the mount. Stealing a trained horse is one thing. Trying to steal a Night Elf giant panther is a far more dangerous proposal

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@xlr87t3: No reason you can't. Stealing mounts depends on the mount. Stealing a trained horse is one thing. Trying to steal a Night Elf giant panther is a far more dangerous proposal

If I'm remembering right an Orc actually attempted to do that once. He became cat food in short order.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

If I'm remembering right an Orc actually attempted to do that once. He became cat food in short order.

Orcs should be smarter than that tbh. The realationship between a Sentinel and their Big Kitty is not unlike that between an Orc and their Wolf

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Pretty sure it was a peon when they first encountered Night Elves during the Third War. So that would explain it. But really who wouldn't want one of these beauties? Also emphasis on Big Kitty.

Pictured, a big lovable kitty.
Pictured, a big lovable kitty.
XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

Can we just pick up the weapons of our dead comrades and foes?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: That was for both. No reason you can't pick up a dropped weapon.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: When is this thing going to start?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: I had intended to send out the matches pairings, have people finalize their list, etc tonight then start the maps tomorrow. But waiting on the three I tagged above to give me their army list. If they do not by tonight, I am going to go ahead anyways and hope they post them by tomorrow, otherwise, someone body is going to get a bye-week.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Or instead there's a massive 1v1v1?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Sadly the engine I am going to use to map out troop movements and terrain doesn't allow for free for alls. :(

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@supremegeneration: Sadly the engine I am going to use to map out troop movements and terrain doesn't allow for free for alls. :(

Use a paint website like a normal person.

No Caption Provided

From a CTF CaV of mine.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: @xlr87t3: @chronicplane Hey, make sure you guys send me your 'regiments' either in pm or on here. The regiments can be whatever size or composition you want, but it will help both you and me direct and move the troops across the battlefield.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Wut

@supremegeneration: Oh, my no. XD

No Caption Provided

^ So much easier. Its amazing, I can even zoom in all the way into a unit and see the individual 'models' making up the unit which is wonderful for, say, if you are fighting in a village (which I can build as well as castles large enough to deploy in) and zoom in letting you see the combat happening 'in the streets', I can also make the 'table' and 'units' as large as I want and give them custom names.

Making a map in Battle Chronicler takes me an hour, usually. So............ XP Its faster and looks nicer and I can make custom terrain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ill get back to you on that in a little while. I didnt think we needed regiments