Fantasy Army Tournament Sign-Ups [Filled]

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@wut: Cool, my undead army is complete I shall slaughter all human mortals and cover the lands in corps #UndeadSquad

No Caption Provided

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@redzkz Thanks for the feat, yeah, if anything too big is tried with a tier, I will limit them to the power of that tier regardless of the character for fairness.

Also, there is one slot left if you want it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Cool, my undead army is complete I shall slaughter all human mortals and cover the lands in corps #UndeadSquad

No Caption Provided

My army is undead too

Good thing the Lich King can mind control undead MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Ugh, going to have to add that into the rules, didn't think we'd have multiple undead armies.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Chronicplane
Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Please tell me mind hax isn't allowed.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: 'Mass' mind control is not allowed, no. Clarified further in the rule section. You can squabble over small groups of undead in critical positions, but you cannot 'mass' mind control even something that is summoned.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: What about something like taking control over Tier IX - X beasts/creatures and wizards with mind control like the Balrog, Viserion ect.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: I would assume such creatures would be bound incredibly tightly, so no, it wouldn't be something I let happen. I meant fight over sections of zombies and skeletons, lol, not large monsters.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: So mind control isn't allowed on Balrog/Mythical beasts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@decaf_wizard: Ugh, going to have to add that into the rules, didn't think we'd have multiple undead armies.

/cry

least I can mass Rez them while they are dead

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By LarcadeDragneel

Faction: Kingdom or Araluen and Allies (Head Units)

• Halt (Mounted) Tier IV - 20 Points
  • Will (Mounted) Tier IV - 20 Points
  • Horace (Mounted) Tier IV- 20 Points

Units

• Tier III - The Conscripts - Rangers (Unmounted) - 5 points a piece
    • 5,000 - 25,000 Points
  • Tier III - The Conscripts - Skandians - 5 Points a Piece
    • 10,000 - 50,000
  • Tier III - The Conscripts - Araluen Archers- 5 Points a Piece
    • 4,980 - 24,900

Perks

Scouts - One Point

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wut: so I don't get what I am upposed to do honestly.

I am supposed to have a bunch of lower level troops fighting other lower level troops (Pawns), then higher class of street levelers (Knights) combating each other, and having a possible High Tier as a Tier X? (King)

Then simply develop a strategy through formation coordination that I feel will be most successful?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Wut

@morleericks: Lol no, so you and your opponent won't be speaking to one another.

There will be two PMs, one with me and you, one with me and them. I will be creating battlemap and placing your troops on said battlemap (using a program I have for it) based on how you want them deployed, you will then tell me where you want them to move, what you want them to do, etc, I will move them on the map according to your wishes and moving the opponent's forces as he/she wishes. Your men/zombies will clash. Depending on unit strength, strength of the unit, the situation, etc, I will write what is happening.

This is not about you needing to throw out feats in a CaV, this tourney is all about your ability to build good army compositions and command them. Don't worry about needing to do anything yet, half of the players haven't made their armies yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: ok cool I am too used to CaVs.

I know I want Achilles in this. Would a bunch of soldiers AS talented as he be allowef or do I have to actually name drop?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Wut

@morleericks: Lol I would allow Achilles but your theme would have to change to warriors and myths of antiquity rather then forces of the undead. Could bring Roman Legions, Spartans, Myrmidon, Persian immortals, Armenian Cataphracts, as well as myth units like the Minotaur, Hydra, Gorgon, Jason of the Argonauts, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a cool idea. Too bad I don't know manny fodder.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: You don't really need to post feats for fodder and what not, lol. Depending on what they are armed with and their guessed 'training' we give them a tier and that is 'roughly' how good they are. XD So you can use any fantasy you want, tell me about their equipment, purpose, etc, and I could tell you the tier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Yes, true, but I can't name 1,000 of them.

My theme would change but not to peak human. I think movie Achilles is subtly superhuman but can still die like anyone else.

He would fit what? Tier 4?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Or Kratos would fit with Achilles right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Reserve me a spot but if somebody makes a army first than me, I will give them my slot.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Wut

@morleericks:You don't have to name your fodder. You can use named mythological characters and then just use 'fodder' historical units to back them up from ancient times. I already listed a bunch. XD

Achilles.. mmm, using movie Achilles? He is super human in terms of skills, reflexes and strength, however, his equipment is low enough that he won't be Tier VI, so, you could get away with Tier V, so the cost of a dismounted plate knight which is a fair trade I feel, for Troy movie Achilles. (The guy was able to decapitate a solid metal statue with a swing sword swing after all and his spear throw was ridiculous.)

EDIT: Kratos would not be allowed

@major_hellstorm You got it. If you need any help finding a faction or brainstorming troops or ideas, feel free to pm me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Right now I am thinking Jurassic Park dinosaurs and fodder benders. Would they be allowed?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Jurassic Park Dinosaurs? Yeah. Or you could do lizardmen from Warhammer:

No Caption Provided

:D Where you can have Dinosaur's riding other Dinosaurs dressed up in an Aztec theme.

Loading Video...

Fodder benders would be allowed, but they would count as magic users and so be very expensive point-wise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Which tier would the non-flying ones be in?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: The non-flying lizard men. At the end of the vid.

Also, does factions mean that I can only pick troops from one universe.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Same faction or like-themed armies. Tell you right now though, the Lizardmen have a bunch of units so you likely won't need anything else. I can tell ya the prices, brief descriptions of various critters they have and what not in a pm if ya want?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Can my theme be broad, like say, monsters? And sure, I don't know anything about Warhammer except what is shown in the first Total War game, so it woukd be nice to know which troops I can pick.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Mm, reptilian monsters would be closer to the theme, but I'll send ya a pm in a sec.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I can stick to that theme.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By OptimusPalm

Ok, I think my "army" is ready.

Faction: The Fellowship of the Ring, and friends, but no ring.

Gandalf the White & Shadowfax -Tier 9 - 5000pts

Galadriel - Tier 9 - 5000

Treebeard & 3 Ents - Tier 9 - 20,000

5 Eagles - Tier 8 - 10,000

Radaghast the Brown - Tier 7 - 1000

Elrond (plate armour) - Tier 6 - 500

King Theoden (heavy cavalry) - Tier 6 - 500

Faramir (heavy cavalry) - Tier 6 - 500

44 Elves (plate armour) - Tier 6 - 22,000

44 Dwarves (heavy armour) - Tier 6 - 22,000

100 Rohirrim (medium cavalry) - Tier 5 - 10,000

Eomer (medium cavalry) - Tier 5 - 100

Aragorn - Tier 5 - 100

Legolas - Tier 5 - 100

Gimli - Tier 5 - 100

Arwen - Tier 5 - 100

29 Elven archers - Tier 5 - 2900

Beorn - Tier 5 - 100

Bard the Bowman - Tier 4 - 20

Boromir - Tier 4 - 20

Frodo, Sam, Pippin, Merry - Tier 2 - 4

Total points spent - 99,944

I have just under 250 units. I will be vastly outnumbered. But to hell with it lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Faction: Kingdom or Araluen and Allies (Head Units)

• Halt (Mounted) Tier IV - 20 Points
  • Will (Mounted) Tier IV - 20 Points
  • Horace (Mounted) Tier IV- 20 Points

Units

• Tier III - The Conscripts - Rangers (Unmounted) - 5 points a piece
    • 5,000 - 25,000 Points
  • Tier III - The Conscripts - Skandians - 5 Points a Piece
    • 10,000 - 50,000
  • Tier III - The Conscripts - Araluen Archers- 5 Points a Piece
    • 4,980 - 24,900

Perks

Scouts - One Point

Yesssss John Flanagan Characters!!

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@paragonnate: Do you have any feats I can look at? Gut reaction says Tyrande will probably be Tier XIII while Malfurion will probably be Tier IX.

Wish I'd kept my copy of the War of the Ancients trilogy so I could give you direct quotes but I'll list some feats that I remember.

Malfurion has, created weapons from various plant materials that are as strong or stronger than metal (made a sword out of a leaf that was able to cut through Fel Guards with ease and made an axe out of a tree branch that was even better). Possessed various animals directly so he could see through their eyes and gather intel or make them perform more complicated tasks. Commanded various animals to attack or swarm enemies. Commanded trees/any plant he felt like to grab/entangle/outright kill enemies, had tree and plant roots erupt from the earth and rip dozens of Fel Guards apart, had trees watch over him while he slept, they reached down and grabbed any would be intruders with their branches. Turned a handful of burs and sticker seeds multiply into the hundreds and had the wind blow these hundreds of small spiky seeds into the oncoming demon army then had the seeds grown to unnatural size and impale/kill demons with their barbs that were now strong enough to punch through demon armor because magic. His most impressive feat is when he thought Tyrande had been killed and due to his connection with the natural world generated a hurricane powerful enough to wipe the current forces of the Burning Legion (including Archimonde) who were numerous enough to cover the entire landscape off the map. He had to be told to calm down by Krasus lest he wipe out the Night Elf forces as well. All that happened because he was angry/grieving.

All of that was young Malfurion, who had been learning from Cenarius for a few months IIRC. He's had 10K years to practice now. IIRC he stopped a good portion of the Cataclysm cause by Deathwing (a massive super hurricane) from collapsing the west coast of Kalimdor into the sea. He generated smaller more controlled storms to deal with an invading Naga army and his senses extend to the entirety of the natural world. IIRC when Arthas (might have been Illidan it's been a long time since I played Warcraft 3) was performing a ritual in Northrend that was causing massive damage to the continent itself Malfurion felt the land being damaged as if it was his own flesh and knew exactly where the ritual was taking place because of it. He also knew were demons of the Burning Legion were through the desolation to the natural world they caused.

Tyrande I don't know as much about but she has a Batman's utility belt of powers thanks to being Elune's favorite. She's generated holy moonlight to hurt/outright kill demons and undead. Generated shields of similar light that stopped nearly any attack, healed wounds IIRC. Called down falling stars/beams of moonlight to harm opponents, especially undead and demons. She's also stood alone against a Scourge army and soloed them off screen due to her various holy powers. She's also an amazing shot with a bow and is a skilled general/commander with 10K years of experience commanding both the Temple of Elune and the Sentinels.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Wut

@paragonnate: Young, not enraged Malfurion is Tier VIII since most of his feats aren't impressive enough to make me say tier IX since he was usually only killing small 'squads' of beings, from the look of it. (Was Illidan doing that), Mature Malfurion you could fit in at tier IX.

Tyrande would be tier IX since her fighting the scourge was off screen and.. so not super pertinent without knowledge on how she did it or how many scourge were there. Most of her powers are 'smaller' scale, and 'starfall' is more calling down bolts of light then actual stars (if they were, they wouldn't have a planet anymore), but because starfall can have a decent range and so effect hundreds of people, she gets bumped up to tier IX because 'AoE' is more important, here, then potency of individual spells.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: What tier would Val'kyr be considered? And are they allowed to use their death cheat powers on my leaders and upgrade resurrected enemies into Death Knights?

Also I severely hope you match me up against the Night Elves

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: I think it has magnificent horde potential. My undead army is more getting designed as a infinite respawn army of reasonably competent skeletal troops through Val'kyr, the Lich King himself and Deathknights

Im not too keen on revealing my plans for Kil'jaden just yet. Although if you want to know what it is, look up the 7.2 trailer for World of Warcraft

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By XLR87T3

@wut: Perks: Bring Out Your DEAD! 1 pt, Scouts! 1 pt, Visit Your Local Library 1 pt, Basic Fortifications 2 pt (I wish there were more 1 pt options)

I don't know how many insects are allowed in a single unit, so I'm assuming that they are just going by the amount that equals the weight of a human soldier

SoldiersUnitsCosts
Elder Scrolls Battlemages (1000 pts)4343,000
Elder Scrolls Orcish warriors (100 pts)42042,000
D&D Avariel (5 pts)10005000
Imperial footsoldiers (5 pts)19009500
Huge swarms of insects (0.5 pts)1000500

Total: 100,000

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Wut

@xlr87t3:If you are going to take Scouts! don't take any other perks yet. Because thanks to Scout, you can change your army comp, and perks, when you are told whom you are facing so it really lets you tailor your army. (Mind, once I tell you, you cannot change Scouts! until next round).

If you have ideas for perks you think would be a good addition, you are welcome to suggest them! I thought I had a good mix that made you really think about your choices and what you felt your army needed most.

Swarms of insect size depends on the insect in question. Locust or swarms of ants? Yeah, about the same as a human (and that can be incredibly lethal).

@decaf_wizard: They can raise people back from the dead just as they have always been capable of doing. But considering it took three Val'kre sacrificing themselves to resurrect someone like Sylvanas, keep that in mind as if they push themselves too hard, they will die.

You mean raise resurrected heroes and characters of note into Death Knights? No reason they couldn't. Standard fatigue applies to that. They would be Tier VII.

Matches are completely random. Will be rolling to see whom goes up against whom (reaaaaallly hope we don't get an undead vs undead because, god, that would be boring.)

EDIT: Also, if you intend to have him being able to summon an entire fleet, that would put him above Tier X and not able to be used.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@decaf_wizard: >.> Alright.

Remember, Kil'jaden is called the deceiver for a reason. He isn't a military leader. Im going to be doing some 4D chess here

He doesn't kill his enemies. Thats beneath him. He makes his enemies kill themselves

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I'll work out my army later today, have an exam and I want to focus until it's done.

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju:Yeah! I never see anyone using his characters, so I thought I would give it a try. There are so many different armies that could be made. I could have used the Arridi, Rangers, and Skandians, or Morgaraths army and Skandians, or even the Temujai who I thought were awesome in the books.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Thought we couldn't mix and match from different factions?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Well, what about food and supplies? Every army needs those. And the critters aren't much for brains, so how are they being controlled? I know that a bunch of bugs or rats would sooner attack me than the enemy.