Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wut
No Caption Provided

You tired of small squad tournaments? Of single characters fighting in a laughable 'battle'? You want to see thousands of men, monsters and creatures fighting it out on battlefields as you command them and triumph over your enemy? Then look no further. Its time for an army tournament!!! This will be a, relatively, small tourney in terms of size, and this will not be a series of CaVs. Instead, what will happen, is I will send both fighters a PM, with just me and them in it, I will post a map and let them 'deploy' upon it. I will mark on the map their units as best I can and follow their orders as their troops move. This way players can keep their plans and what not truly secret from the other, the other player will only see the troops of his foe his men can see making it a truly unique experience. I will determine clashes based on terrain, unit strength, morale, and all the fun goodies to come to a victory after all is said and done until we have only one Champion.

The Participants

I will only be allowing eight people. Because this tourney requires a lot of effort on my part and I don't want to overextend myself.

1. zetsumoto
  2. LarcadeDragneel - Kingdom of Araluen and Allies - R
  3. morleericks
  4. noah_ouellette
  5. paragonnate - Night Elves - NR
  6. decaf_wizard: - The Scourge - NR
  7. Chronicplane- White Walkers - R
  8. xlr87t3
  9. optimuspalm - Fellowship of the Ring - NR
  10. killerwasp - Beastmen - R
  11. supremegeneration - Percy Jackson Demigods - R
  12. Major_Hellstorm - Lizardmen

Rules

• All forces must be from the same faction.
  • You do not need to use the same faction throughout the tourney. You can change your faction after every battle if you wish.
  • No Mass Mind-Control
  • No Teleporting
  • All creatures must be able to be slain by 'mundane' means no matter how great that mundane effort needed be (So no, 'He can only be slain on the third blood moon of the fourth day of the second week,' nonsense. If you army needs such beings, then we will limit their durability to that of their 'tier' level)
  • No Ethereal Beings
  • Choose the level of your beings correctly. If you aren't sure, ask.
  • No more then 10% of your points may be spent on creatures that have the ability of flight.
  • You may use named characters, however, you pay for them as if they were a normal soldier according to their 'power tier'.
  • You may not take control away from other 'summoned' units, so Necromancer A cannot pull control from Necromancer B, this would fall under Mass Mind-Control, however, Necromancer A pulling a small section from Necromancer B would be acceptable as would be messing with the minds of animals if someone had the power as this would not be 'Mass' mind control.

Tiering of Units

Tier I: 'The Fodder' This is the tier of fodder such as large swarms of rats or insects, slow and shambeling zombies, DnD/Warhammer poorly equipped Goblins/Kobols, beings that, on their own, wouldn't pose much of a threat to an unarmed grown man.

Tier II: 'The Basic' This tier are... very basic. This includes untrained armed peasants, skeletons, running zombies, smaller creatures (like goblins) that have decent weaponry and primitive armor as well as other units best served as meatshields. This also includes small controlled 'animals' like wolves or war dogs are.

Tier III: 'The Conscripts'This tier is about 'militia' units, units that have very little in the way of armor, mostly hides, leather or jerkins, tend to have basic training in archery or weaponry. This tier is where the 'elites' of tier 1 races will be, such as elite goblin warriors with advanced, for goblin, equipment.

Tier IV: 'The Professionals' This is where the more 'common' professional infantry appears. Men-At-Arms, Roman Legionnaries, and the like. They are all still 'human' levels of ability, are well trained, and tend to have decent armor such as chainmail, breastplates, etc. This tier is very broad and covers most 'non-better then human' and super heavy infantry this tier is also where primitive cav goes such as goblins on wolves or spiders, the Mounted Hun warriors and other such beings.

Tier V: 'The Elites' This tier covers the best of the best of human level infantry. These guys tend to be covered in advanced plate armor and use mighty weaponry. They are all extremely well trained, many from birth, this is also where those that are superior to humans, but not those with great gear, will reside such as Warhammer High Elven Spearmen or Lotr's Dúnedain Rangers. More advanced lighter cavalry, such as Mongol archer cav as well as 'ancient' heavy cav such as Cataphracts or more early medieval heavy cav like Norman Knight are in this tier as well as light chariots. This is also the tier where larger 'beast' are such as lions, bears, etc reside.

Tier VI: 'The Inspiring':Tier VI is where, for humans, their heavy cav begins, the tanks of the medieval war. This is where the super heavy human cavalry appears such as Gendarmes and the like, this tier also contains the highly trained creatures taht are 'superior' to human but not mounted, this is where Swordmasters of Hoeth, Noldor elves, etc will be along with heavy chariots and smaller siege weapons like Roman Scorpios.

Tier VII: 'The Super Humans' This is where we start getting into those incredible units such as mounted 'superior to human' and dismounted superhuman units like Dragon Princes of Caledor, Warcraft Death Knights, Vampires, etc. Units that, on their own, can take on entire groups of dismounted knights and defeat them. This is also where the larger pre-gunpowder siege weapons will be such as Trebuchets, heavy onagers, large ballista, etc will be.

Tier VIII: 'The Legends' Remember those dismounted super humans? This is where they get to ride horse sized mounts, this is where Warhammer Blood Dragon Knights, mounted Warcraft Death Knights, and other such units get to go and is the tier for humans on large beast such as the Demigryph Knights of the Empire and Pegasus like creatures go, this one contains 'smaller monsters' like trolls, ogres, and the like as well as basic gunpowder weapons like primitive cannons and 'basic' magical users, those that, if left to their own devices, can wipe out scores of enemy soldiers.

Tier IX: 'The Monsters'This is the big times, super humans on monsters, so, Khorne Chosen on Juggernauts go here, this is also where the big monsters like Chimera, Gryphons, small dragons (like those in Game of Thrones), Wyverns, Giants, and the like go. Monsters that can endanger, or destroy, an entire regiment on their own. This is where advanced gunpowder siege weapons like Culverins and Demicannons, may be breach loaded, go and this is where powerful mages that can unleash spells powerful enough to effect hundreds of men go.

Tier X: 'The Army Breakers'These beings can make massive impact on the battle and can take on small armies on their own, these are immensely powerful beings that require truly mighty heroes, other great beings, or other herculean forces to defeat. Beast of this tier include things like Balrogs, Large Dragons, Greater Demons, mighty sorcerers, etc. You may only have one Tier X being.

Army Builder

You have 100,000 points to spend on troops

Tier I: Half a point (0.5)

Tier II: One Point (1)

Tier III: Five Points (5)

Tier IV: Twenty Points (20)

Tier V: One Hundred Points (100)

Tier VI: Five Hundred Points (500)

Tier VII: One Thousand Points (1,000)

Tier VIII: Two Thousand Points (2,000)

Tier IX: Five Thousand Points (5,000)

Tier X: Twenty Thousand Points (20,000), yes, this would put you over that 10% flying cap I set, you may, instead of taking other fliers, have one large Tier X flyer instead.

Perks

You have 5 points to spend on Perks

• Bring Out Your DEAD! - Your faction's troops may not be reanimated by the foe. 1 Point
  • Visit Your Local Library - Your faction has basic knowledge on the other. 1 Point
  • Scouts! - You will be told whom you are facing, you will be allowed to change your army composition to better face that faction if you so desire. 1 Point
  • Forward Observers - Before the battle, you will be sent the terrain so you can look at it giving you an idea of the terrain you will be fighting in and you may change your army composition to better preform on the chosen terrain. - 2 Points
  • Basic Fortifications - In your deployment zone, you may set up ditches, stakes, barricades, and other such, basic fortifications. - 2 points
  • Selective Positioning - You get to pick the Terrain 'type' such as heavily forested, tundra, open plains, on a beach, in mountains, etc. If both players have this perk, I will roll randomly, the winner gets to pick, the loser may change his perk to another one. - 2 points
  • Weather Wizard - You may choose a 'basic' weather, such as sunny, hot, cold, cloudy, foggy, rain, etc. See selective positioning for it both players have this perk. - 2 Points
  • We've Been Outflanked! - Up to 50% of your army may come in on other two sides of the battlemap, so the sides that are not deployment zones, after a random period of time (You will not get to pick the time). - 3 points
  • Vanguard Riders - You may deploy 20% of your army anywhere on the battlemap that is not within the deployment zone of your opponent. Truly massive monsters, like giants or dragons, may obviously not be Vanguards. Too hard to not notice them. - 3 points
  • Mobilize the Auxiliaries! - You have 25% (25,000 points) more points to spend on troops. - 3 points
  • Double Time! - Your deployment zone is doubled. - 3 points
  • Spies! Spies Everywhere! - Right before the battle, and after any last minute changes have been done by your opponent, you will be told the composition of your enemies forces, as well as, where they deployed at. (To clarify, unlike Scouts, you will not be able to change your army once told). - 3 points
  • Master of the Skies - You may choose to have 'extreme' weather such as a blizzard, hurricane, massive lightning storm, etc. See selective positioning if both players have this perk, this perk does trump Weather Wizard - 3 points
  • Hordes Without End! - You can take up to 75% (75,000 points) more troops, however, these troops may not be above Tier IV. (If you decide to only take Tier 1 or Tier II units with this perk, you may take 150% [150,000 extra points] more) - 4 points
  • Advanced Fortifications - In your deployment zone, you may set up palisades, wooden walls, watch towers, wooden towers, ditches filled with stakes, etc. Only ONE person may take this perk. Your opponent will automatically be given basic siege equipment and told (after they have finalized their army list) that they will be facing fortifications although not what the fortifications are. - 5 Points

What You Need To Do!

Post to reserve a spot! You can ask questions here or in a pm, you do not need to post your built army in this thread, although you can if you would like, instead, you can choose to send it to me in a PM to keep your composition a secret from your dastardly foes.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh lord it's "Klok is terrible at maths" the thread again.

I'll opt out as I am to busy with work lately to be reliable.

Though I will keep an Eye on the thread as this one is usually pretty interesting, even though most of the fun bits will be hidden in a PM.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wut

@thekillerklok: I intend to post kinda of a .... recap after the battle is over in a battle thread. XD Showing the map as they moved during their 'turns' a brief description of what is happening, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool set up but I'll watch ha Xd

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might join, if I find an interesting faction.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: @valor_175: Alrighty, tag me if ya two decide if you guys want to. I intend to wait a week or so before starting (assuming the slots don't get filled first), so no rush.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wut: Reserve me plz

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm afraid I'm going to be way too busy with work to join up, sorry. I'm excited to read it all, though.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right, also, I will be using Battle Chronicler to show the maps since it lets me make maps of whatever size I want, create custom terrain and even custom units and unit sizes so I can.. not pull my hair out while doing so when it gets swamped by units.

@zetsumoto: Will do.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I am nit entirely clear on what you mean by "faction".

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wut

@zetsumoto: So, lets say you wanted to make a Westeros army. You can either use, say, the Seven Kingdoms and then either Robert's reign or that of the Targaryen (if ya wanted dragons), or Dany if you wanted Unsullied, Dragons and Dothraki. But you cannot go, 'I'll take Westeros... and oh, I want some White Walkers.'

You have to pick a faction from within the universe you desire. You may not mix and match. So you cannot have Uruk-hai and Swan Knights in the same army.

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Can you reserve me a spot? I need time to think up an army.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zetsu-San

@wut: Okay, so we have to pick a specific army to draw all of our troops from? Hmmm... Finding the riht pick might be a bit more challenging than I thought...

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wut

@larcadedragneel:Will do.

@zetsumoto: Indeed, also it helps my OCD. XD I rather like uniformity. Although you can be broad in some, you can, for instance, say, 'Forces of Sauron' which.. would be Uruk-hai, trolls, uruks, orcs, goblins, ringwraiths, black numenorean, pirates of umbar, harad, esterlings, khand, etc. I would also some liberties through like using Shelob, but I would like them to be of the same 'faction' and have a similar 'theme'.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wut: Reserve Bud. I will read it later.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Oh that makes it difficult. Did you take this idea from spacebattles? i have participated there as well. Though never where you must use an army from the same verse..hmmm interesting i like it. Sign me up dude

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: reserve me a spot please. Also, Would the Burning Legion from WoW be allowed, as they cannot be properly slain except for within their home dimension?

Also can I mimic 7e Chaos Daemons and summon in nigh double my point total in a few turns XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks Will do.

@noah_ouellette Will do, and yeah, I took the concept from SB and added a few things that, I felt, would improve it.

@paragonnate Will do.

@decaf_wizard: Remember, if they can't be 'slain' we make them able to be slain and just give them the durability of their tier. :P Tis in le rules. For special ones, like the Dreadlords, when they go to the Twisting Nether to 'regenerate' they are off the battlefield and so counted as a casualty and may not return unless specifically summoned again. But yeah, you can summon things. You may not make a permanent portal that lets you bring in endless reinforcements, but your powerful wizards (This is why you are paying the big bucks for them, after all), can summon units to the field. Just like all magic, doing so will start to tire them out, but nothing stopping ya from going 7e Daemons. Also reserved.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Got a question. Can we use a low tech Sci-Fi setting? Like little to no guns and tons of melee weapons.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz@valor_175 I guess there is a rush! Only two spots left already. If you two want them, gotta let me know soon. If the spots close, I can put you on a 'reserve filler' list should anyone drop out of the tourney.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Highest level of gunpowder technology is going to be flintlocks. But what Sci-Fi setting were you thinking of using?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@paragonnate: Highest level of gunpowder technology is going to be flintlocks. But what Sci-Fi setting were you thinking of using?

Technomancer game series. The best they have is semi automatic guns but since they are so rare/expensive on Mars most of the military makes due with melee. Their special forces, the Technomancers, use special abilities via natural mutations and cybernetic enhancements.

Although thinking about it now that might be to complicated for me. I'll think of something else.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By jwwprod

@wut: I'm going to be completely honest here but fantasy army battles are way more complicated to me to sort out than modern/sci-fi army battles

Give me anything post-WW1 (Or post-gunpowder era) and I'm good but anything pre and it's more harder for me.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Attention

Tourney is now full. I will still take 'reserve' slots for those who are okay will 'filling in' a position should a member of the tourney leave or quit the tourney for any reason.

We will be starting likely Friday, so be sure to have your armies made and sent to me before then! Feel free to ask me anything you desire here or in a PM.

@jucaslucasa: Will do

@xlr87t3:Will do

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Sign me up please, this looks interesting.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: Slots are currently filled, but I can add you to a 'reserve' list should one of the current players drop out (which always happens, tend to always lose 1 or 2)?

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Actually, since they all have to be from the same faction, I'd rather not join.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wut
Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: So by faction you mean that all of your chosen army has to originate from the same universe/fiction

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: Same faction within the universe. So, if you were doing Warhammer, you could do the Empire, Bretonnia, Warriors of Chaos, etc, or Warcraft, you could do the Alliance, the Horde, The Burning Legion, the Scourge, etc, but you couldn't mix and match those factions together.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ok, I think I get it now so your allowed to have fictional creatures, beasts ect from other fictional universes in your army. Your just not allowed to have different armies in the same fictional universe is that right like in LOTR you can't have sauron's army and Rohan's mixed together.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wut

@chronicplane: Exactly, yes, you can't have Rohirrim with Uruk-Hai.

EDIT: To clarify, you can't have like.... Warcraft Death Knights and Rohirrim either.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ah I see, I'll have my built up soon

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Also, what is teamwork like exactly for example how would mythical beasts and medieval soldiers get along ect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: So if I get 10 Tier X characters, they don't have to all be from the same universe?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Wut

@morleericks: You can only have 1 Tier X being. That is the limit I set on them (even then, points the way they are, you could only afford 5 at max, but again, only allowed to have 1). Still has to be from the same universe unless you had a certain idea or 'theme' you wanted to use then I'd probably allow it depending on the situation.

@chronicplane: Depends on the universe. Warcraft, Warhammer, etc, all have medieval armies that also have mythical beast and they do it just fine, usually, either the mythical beast has some level of sentience or is controlled by a mage user.

If you are planning a real life medieval force along with mythological elements (like a Age of Mythology-esque thing), I would be okay with that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: well would an army of Underwolrd characters be disallowed?

A Tier X being just has to be able to be killed correct? No crazy situational death requirements.

So this isn't just street tier

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Wut

@morleericks: If you used the medieval ones from Rise of the Lycans would be perfectly acceptable. The modern ones would not because they break the 'flintlock' tech level for hand held firearms.

Yes, Tier X just has to be able to be 'killed' by mundane means, even if said mundane mean is ludicrously powerful. Tier X is far above street tier.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Chronicplane

@wut: Ok, here is my built for my army. Just for clarification I used the perk "Hordes without end" for my WWZ Zombies, Wights and Ghouls which are under the second tier in which case gives me another 150,000 points if that is ok.

My army: 250,000 points (+150,000 from the perk Hordes without end)

My armyNumber of unitsCost of army/units
WWZ zombies (1 point)100,500100,500
Rise of Lycan vampires (1,000 point)2525,000
The critters (0.5 point)5,0002,500
GoT Wights (1 point)75,00075,000
Walking Dead Zombies (0.5 point)10,0005,000
Hellsing Ghouls (0.5 points)4,0002,000
GoT Whitewalkers (1,000 points)55,000
AoT titans (standard, 2,000 points)1530,000
GoT Viserion undead (5,000 points)15,000
TOTAL = 194,546 unitsTOTAL = 250,000 POINTS

Perks of choice

• Hordes without end: Used on WWZ zombies, GoT wights and Hellsing Ghouls (4 points)
  • Scouts! (1 points)

If there is any problems/issues you may have with anything about my army and I'll try to answer as clearly as possible.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: No guns beyond flintlock. Nazi Vampires used WW2 weaponry which includes semi-automatic firearms and automatic firearms which aren't allowed. Since you made the Titans only 2k points, does that mean you are only using the smaller ones?

While you are taking from a bunch of different fictions, its all 'undead' and pretty much just White Walkers with flavor thrown in, so I can live with that. Just change the Nazi Vampires to something without such weaponry.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ok. Reserve me the scourge from World of Warcraft with Kil'Jaden as a tier X and the Lich King as a tier IX

I will get my army list later. This should be interesting

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: I'd say kil is probably a bit too much for Tier X, tbh, Tier X is more Lich King Arthas or Mannoroth, do you have any feats for Kil by any chance? Would like to see his level of magic (Some characters are just too strong to be used sadly). Only a Tier IX Lich King.. so is this Pre-Arthas Lich King? But sure, I will mark you are using Scourge.