Extended Universe Galactic Empire w/transporters VS the Mass Effect Reapers

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RobertMiles1

The Empire is headed up by Palpatine and Vader.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

EU Galactic Empire stomps. The firepower of the Reapers is only in the kiloton while the ships of the Galactic Empire is in the gigatons. In addition to that EU Galactic Empire has crazy stuff like the Sun Crusher which is a starfighter size ship that as it’s name suggests can destroy suns.

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RobertMiles1

@jwwprod: I thought it was a fair fight because I heard that Mass Effect kilotons were effectively much bigger than real(istic) ones.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EU GE stomps

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A star destroyer can take a full size reaper easily. Honestly I think a dreadnought could take a full size reaper without substantial difficulty. The Star Wars ships have actual shields that will block the reaper beams while the turbo lasers should realistically tear the reapers apart. Consider now that the galactic empires frigates and capital ships outnumber the reapers by a significant margin, I think the empire wins the space war. On the ground the fight might be closer but we know the majority of the reapers forces would be husks which would get torn apart by blasters.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: If the Reapers really just suddenly appear for a Harvest, they technically wouldn't even be a lot of ground forces.

Nearly everything they sent after you are either guys they managed to get to work for them by using their beliefs (Geth), offer them power (Saren), a race they already corrupted during their last attack (Collectors) and then all the things they "create" out of their enemies (Husks out of humans, Cannibals out of Batarians, Banshees out of Asari etc.). They don't really have a standing army like the Imperium, best you could argue for are the Collectors they kept

Without any earlier preparation or another universe where they could gather some other races, there would be no real ground forces for them

And as you already mentioned, they would get destroyed in a space fight