Exar Kun vs DOE Bane

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'd side with Bane in both rounds. The fact that most of Kun's most impressive opponents have facing Kun as their main feat honestly leaves me more impressed with Bane's dueling abilities, and Force would be closer with Bane being the greater telekinetic and lightning wielder whereas Kun possesses sorcery related powers. Should be one hell of a fight though.

KeiKrossKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By KeiKrossKira

Round 1. I would have to give the edge to Kun, he is very unpredictable, and probably one of if not the best saber wielders of his time. Bane is good, but since his younger years seems to struggle with unpredictable opponents. Granted he may have surpassed that in time, and his battle precog is pretty good. But all in all i'd still give the slim majority for Kun.

2. This one is a tough call. Cause Kun is very up and down with his displays of power, and so is Bane. Neither of them doing something extremely impressive without a nexus or item of some sort, but Bane seems to have more knowledge all around. So maybe the an edge to Bane here. Very up in the air for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperordmb: Wasn't Bane superior to all the ancient Sith according to the Fact File quote?

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exar Kun as weakened Spirit is compared to Sidious and makes Kyp Durron's power look feeble in comparison.Not to mention his feat of surviving a WoL led by Nomi along with a huge following of Jedi,one-shotting Odan-Urr and beating Vodo whilst simultaneously freezing a huge senate gathering.

The best Bane got in comparison is being above Thon to an unknown degree by DoE iirc.Same Thon that is dwarfed by prime Exar Kun.Bane gets curbstomped.

But obviously Bane wins in reality,got to wank Plagueis and the PT after all.

FodderFilth76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kun in both.

SirFizzWhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kun all rounds

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackofalltrades2:

Exar Kun as weakened Spirit is compared to Sidious

Exar Kun being mentioned aside Sidious doesn't prove parity to Sidious, merely places him above the others Luke has run into. By that line of thought Bane has been compared to Sidious because they both appeared in a quote listing off some of the most powerful sith.

and makes Kyp Durron's power look feeble in comparison.

It was a pre-prime Kyp Durron and it was his efforts to retrieve the suncrusher that were feeble in comparison to when Kun helped him, which makes sense considering Kun has a far greater understanding of how to wield such power with precision and mastery compared to a pre-prime Kyp.

Not to mention his feat of surviving a WoL led by Nomi along with a huge following of Jedi

He used a ritual, which is still impressive in and of itself, but he didn't straight up tank it.

one-shotting Odan-Urr and beating Vodo whilst simultaneously freezing a huge senate gathering.

These two feats are impressive and do stand completely as you've said them, but they still leave room for debate between Kun and Bane.

The best Bane got in comparison is being above Thon to an unknown degree by DoE iirc.Same Thon that is dwarfed by prime Exar Kun.Bane gets curbstomped.

That comparison made between Bane and Thon was in DOE, but it was in reference to a POD Bane whose force abilities weakened by poison, an incarnation utterly dwarfed by his DOE incarnation, so Kun dwarfing Thon hardly puts him above DOE Bane by scaling.

But obviously Bane wins in reality,got to wank Plagueis and the PT after all.

You wank our favorite Muun as well? :)

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: Yes, some people consider that quote sketchy, though I personally believe it is definitely applicable to other Sith who have appeared in fact files before (such as Kun, Ragnos, Nadd, Sadow, and Kressh).

My belief on this thread however is not dependent on that quote and I use it as more of a supplement to the opinion I already hold than the sole basis for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperordmb: Agreed, well it litteraly says Bane's more powerful then Kun so I think it's pretty relevant for this thread especially if people claim the opposite.

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kun is the obvious superior in dueling.

If his amulets are allowed he can win this in one well fell swoop.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kun wins. More powerful, and about as skilled, though I'm not sure how Bane would handle his fighting style.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Bane, more powerful as Fact File puts it while comparable as a fighter.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kun. Better in practically everything.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaDivineKing

@thevivas said:

Kun. Better in practically everything.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: The quote's referring to Force users who immediately preceded Bane, ie. Kaan and his brotherhood.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exar Kun both rounds, although round 1 should be very close.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exar Kun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Didn't the quote that he was the most knowledgeable and powerful Sith up to his time?

BioDynamicApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the quote being discussed?

For this fight, I'd back Kun most of, if not all the time. Bane holds his own, though.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShootingNova

@darthduelist9: Yeah, but in the context of the passage, it refers to the Sith around his time like the Brotherhood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Oh I see, I didn't know the entire context. Thanks :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biodynamicape: It's metioned in Fact File how Bane was the most knowledgeable and powerful Sith up to his time but apparently it only applied to the Sith alive around his time. I don't have the quote at hand, I think it's featured in DMB's Bane respect thread.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: JediXman explained to me in this thread his interpretation, which he got from DarthAnt. The original quote can be found here: (or in the page before it)

Besides, the grammar structure of the quote seems to apply to Bane's mastery of power being greater, rather than his power itself, though obviously mastery of power is closely related to actualized power.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DoE Bane has him losing his invulnerability, but his dueling and and Force powers are even stronger than when he was with the Orbs.

By this time, Bane is very, very familiar with the saber staff, so as amazing a duelist as Kun is, there's nothing he can do with a saber that will surprise Bane.
Kun's powers lie in sorcery, but they are much different than Zannah's powers, to which Bane had no defense.
I see Bane taking this 6/10.

Overlord61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I side with Kun

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points