Enraged Darth Maul vs Focused Obi-Wan Kenobi (TCW)

• 74 results
Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Darth Maul right after Savage Opress's death and he prepares to duel Sidious.

Obi-Wan right after Adi Gallia's death and he readies himself to face the brothers.

• Darth Maul has his red lightsaber and darksaber
  • Obi-Wan has two blue lightsabers
  • Strictly sabers only
  • They fight in the Geonosian Arena
No Caption Provided

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Callouts:

@lord_tenebrous, @theoverdaddy, @thebluedragon20, @anakinvader99, @dirtyluna, @erkanbeater, @kbroskywalker, @alextheboss,

@willvalentine2:@red12789:@palpatine005:@subline: @silentnightz: @mygod000:

@drunkhc:@emmafrostxmen: @flolikeyou:@subline:@ct-5555:@kirkseven:@g_race:

@windshieldwiper:@mrsportsguy13:@gangorca@takenstew22:@greysentinel365

@blackpantherisb:@rdcdesmond:@spinach:@hittheassasin:@darthadi:@lord_god:

@eslay03:@dothetwist_:@yousufkhan1212:@citgo:@commanderming1:@boutatakeanl:

@el_mago:@richard96@necromancer76@killbilly@willvalentine2 @erkan12@mygod000@eredin12@breakofdawn @w4nkdestroyer

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

Maul. Close fight. I feel Kenobi's performance against the brothers was significantly aided by the environment.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Focussed Obi isn’t really a thing. Filoni states in the same interview this idea comes from that he wasn’t empowered.

Enraged Maul barely tested a toying Sidious while Kenobi TK ties with Sids equal or slight superior in power in MF Anakin.

Pretty sure Kenobi destroys

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@greysentinel365 said:

Focussed Obi isn’t really a thing. Filoni states in the same interview this idea comes from that he wasn’t empowered.

Enraged Maul barely tested a toying Sidious while Kenobi TK ties with Sids equal or slight superior in power in MF Anakin.

Did you just imply that Kenobi has superior TK to Palpatine?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2172d8ab871
deactivated-5f2172d8ab871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say kenobi since he had a lot experience since he last met maul and without savage their to help maul he could beat him. Paloartine may have trained maul but never taught him everything for some reason.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Kenobi obviously got more powerful before his battle with Vader, so that's an unfair gauge. I'd have to give it to Maul. Obi-Wan was quickly "beaten"/the fight ended with a simple force move from Maul. I feel like Kenobi is always the superior duelist. Hmm this is a hard one for sure. I'll wait around to see what other people say.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I'm not suggesting any amp. I'm just saying he's 'focused'. Whether there's something triggered there or he's just mentally focused is up to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi during the fight on Florrum was operating with a clear head. If he keeps that up, it can go either way.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"Enraged" Maul's best showing is amusing a half serious Sidious. Obi Wan wins with mild difficulty.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By El_mago

Either way or Kenobi after a goodish fight.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GangOrca

Kenobi but in a tough fight.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi wins in a good fight.

TheOverDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great fight! I'm going to back Kenobi on this one due to how reckless Maul can get when enraged, however, if he was focused too, I'd probably give it to him.

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan in a close fight. Godstomps if he finds high ground.

AnakinVader99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure I would be more confident if it was ROTS Obi-wan who got significantly stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer said:

@king-ragnar@greysentinel365 Half serious Sidious?? lol did we even watch the same fight? You can clearly tell while against both the brothers, and maul alone that Sidious isn't having an easy time. Only against Savage does he catch a break. And btw, Maul was enraged+hindered against Sidious. If you need clarification on that I'll explain it. But I think it's hilarious that in the other thread you considered Dooku's fight against Yoda serious but not Sidious v Maul.

He's said to be toying with the duo and enjoying the fight. AOTC and ROTS Yoda are two completely different entities. While I don't think Dooku ~/= AOTC Yoda by any stretch, he's at least close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer said:

@breakofdawn: In that same caption it was called an "intense duel" you cannot toy with somebody in an intense duel.

Yes you can, actually. It was intense because Maul was emotionally enraged at the loss of his brother, which is one of the definitions of "intense":

having or showing strong feelings or opinions; extremely earnest or serious.

And it's not a caption:

Well, that was definitely one of our biggest challenges, Maul and Savage versus Sidious, because we wanted to have an epic lightsaber fight. We hadn’t really had a big one in awhile, and I really thought this is our chance to show everyone why Sidious is the Sith Lord. Why no one can compete with this guy.

-

At the end of the day, with Sidious, nobody was really going to be able to touch him. He had to be the strongest, most dangerous guy. And you could see at a certain point, he just puts his lightsabers away at the end of the fight and says, “I’m done with this,” and goes in and mauls Maul, so to speak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyerAOTC and ROTS are not completely different lmao. There would be minimal power growth.

Why would there be? The Clone Wars made the Jedi stronger per numerous sources, and Yoda went through huge emotional (and thus, power) growth during this period on top of this. The kind that lead to him confronting his inner darkness, embracing it and transcending physical attachments.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer said:

@breakofdawn: Nowhere in any of those quotes does it say Sidious was toying with them. He actually calls it an "epic lightsaber fight" which correlates with "intense duel" without the toying part lol. Thanks for proving my point.

...He literally says "no one can compete" with Sidious and that Sidious at the end just goes "I'm done with this", pretty much confirming he viewed it as a game.

Also, please put your thoughts into one response. It's tiresome having to write out multiple posts in quick succession. I'll respond in the morning so you have a chance to consolidate your points.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't questioning your typing speed. I was asking that you put them into a single post instead of spreading them out across 2-3 posts as it clogs up the thread and makes things difficult to keep track of.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: Oh I think what you meant to say is "I'll respond in the morning so that I can find some more arbitrary quotes that fit my propaganda". Because I've countered every single one of your points but you have yet to do the same.

Thanks for humoring me.

I genuinely hope that you're joking, because otherwise this is laughably cynical. It's half 3 in the morning here, so like most people I need to sleep, and you need the time to clear up your formatting so we can actually debate this instead of this all over the place thing we've got going on.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget guys, getting :

• Effortlessly pinned to wall.
  • Humiliated in a lightsaber duel.
  • Getting one shotted with a force push.
  • Getting literally and figuratively ragdolled.
  • Crying and begging for mercy.
  • Being fried by lighting.

clearly means you're putting up a fight and pressuring your opponent.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaand this why every notable Star Wars debater left CV.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By eslay03

Most likely raged Maul. Obi Wan’s extremely defensive style could help him last very long and even wait for Maul to mess up and then strike. I do think that can happen, but I think Maul’s rage amp will propel him to victory for the majority.

If it were RoTS Kenobi, I would have a lot more hesitation.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Necromancer76

Kenobi

you can clearly tell while against both the brothers, and maul alone that Sidious isn't having an easy time.

No Caption Provided

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it was all out I would have gone with Maul, but since its sabers only I can see it going either way.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar: @greysentinel365: Maul obviously can't match Sidious, but neither can Kenobi, so not sure why that's an anti feat. The first time Maul and Kenobi fought in the clone wars, Maul won and forced Kenobi to run. This was a Maul who was still getting into the swing of things again and had new legs. He then fought Kenobi again, seemingly equal at first, then Adi died and Kenobi used two sabers to keep the brothers at bay. He cut Savage's arm off, but did nothing significant to Maul, while Maul abused Kenobi with the force twice in the fight and was the one to BFR Kenobi out of combat. Since the force is restricted here Maul can't win with that method, but Maul also has two lightsabers now and better fitted legs. This should be an extremely close fight.

Avatar image for windshieldwiper
Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logically Maul has always been better, but plot has ben on obi's side. Much like Anakin vs Obi wan, Obi won cause the plot demanded it, however I do believe it could go either way with both at their best

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way, literally every time they faced off against each other, Obi wan usually won wit minor diff, if Maul tried to anger him it could unbalance Obi wan which Maul tried and it worked a little until Kenobi focused himself again. Wasn't Maul defeated by Ahsoka? I mean she gave up on the Jedi order so her skills were probably rusty wit her lightsabers iirc and she still bested Maul tho he wasn't enraged and we know Kenobi scales above Ahsoka . I feel like Maul being enraged is key factor and can somewhat pull off a victory but id wager Kenobi can also...

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer:

Ragdolled when already submitted and disarmed during bladelock (Still not as bad as Dooku LOL)

What about Maul being ragdolled has anything to do with submitting? I'm curious. That's more like what Dooku was doing (master and apprentice relationship, he let himself be force choked, apart from the fact that he didn't see it coming).

Maul was just on the ground, breathing rapidly after being disarmed (I attribute it to a post-rage amp kind of thing) and looking up at Sidious, who just won the fight, his adrenaline would be rushing or would've hit a burst drain by now. What about this implies his force defenses have gone down?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Kenobi

CT-5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins, mainly by virtue of having greater force reserves than Kenobi and possessing more raw power. He could lose if he gets overconfident or too reckless though.

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lord_God

Kenobi stomp