• 155 results
Avatar image for crushyourenemies
Posted by CRUSHYOURENEMIES (2588 posts) 1 month, 3 days ago

Poll: Endgame Thanos vs Prime Thor (before the fat) (149 votes)

Thanos with his spinny boy 53%
Thor cuts his head off again 47%
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Thanos with his rad skills from endgame

Thor straight out of cutting his head the first time

TO DA DDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHH

#1 Posted by Richubs (5784 posts) - - Show Bio

Spinny boi

#2 Posted by eri123 (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
#3 Posted by melkorisbeatmod (327 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a reason they had to nerf Thor in EG and this is it

#4 Posted by Hollow_Point (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

This is hard for me. Thor was an animal at the end of Infinity War. He just never really showed up in Endgame

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
#5 Posted by deactivated-5d0b495e7009f (1844 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#6 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Thanos. Thor has to actually tag Thanos to hurt him and that's not happening. This isn't even to mention Thanos can just rip Stormbreaker out of Thor's hand.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#7 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17153 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#8 Edited by Diesani (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@hollow_point: No he wasn't. It was literally the same Thor with a few extra pounds that didn't even hinder him. Use common sense. He isn't a human, he's a god with multi thousand tonner level strength, 50 pounds of excess fat isn't slowing him down.

Thanos still stomps him out in a few blows.

#9 Posted by Diesani (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@davidharewood14: @melkorisbeatmod:

Except he wasn't nerfed, you are just blind fanboys. Extra 50 pounds of flesh isn't slowing down a 1000+ tonner, and you all act like MJOLNIR WASN'T THERE TO BALANCE ANY NON EXISTENT PHYSICAL NERFING

#10 Posted by Thedailybagel (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that people think the Russo’s made Thor fat to nerf him is funny.

#11 Posted by BOC (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that people think the Russo’s made Thor fat to nerf him is funny.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#12 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16532 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wasn't nerfed though...

#13 Posted by JDogg (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was definitely nerfed. You can see he was much stronger in prior movies then he was in EG.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#14 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5795 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by AlexTheBoss (18511 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: @indomitableregal: @boc: @thedailybagel: @diesani:

I would like to point out it was directly implied by dialogue that Thor got weaker when he asked to be the one to snap. Iron man said he wasn’t who he used to be and when Thor asked what was flowing through his veins Rocket said cheese wiz.

How much weaker, or if he got weaker at all is hard to say, but there are in movie statements that imply it, so to call out people for saying he got weaker and acting like it is coming out of nowhere is kind of disingenuous.

#16 Edited by BOC (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: Fair enough. However, I was referring more so to people who claim that the Russo brothers made him fat in order to nerf him. As in, if he was in his prime, he would have beaten Thanos. I think that's kind of far fetched and I don't think it was ever the director's intent.

Off topic: Then again, what does Tony know about Asgardian biology? I think he was just going based off of Thor's appearance, and his own knowledge on human biology. Realistically, Tony would have said that if it were true or not. I don't think Thor would have done better than Hulk even if he was in his prime (the whole gamma radiation/"I was made for this" statements.)

#17 Edited by Thedailybagel (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss said:

I would like to point out it was directly implied by dialogue that Thor got weaker when he asked to be the one to snap. Iron man said he wasn’t who he used to be and when Thor asked what was flowing through his veins Rocket said cheese wiz.

How much weaker, or if he got weaker at all is hard to say, but there are in movie statements that imply it, so to call out people for saying he got weaker and acting like it is coming out of nowhere is kind of disengenous.

I've seen the movie twice and I don't remember Tony using that wording. From what I remember it was more Thor's mental state being the reason they didn't want him near the gauntlet, not because he was too weak.

#18 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16532 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss said:

How much weaker, or if he got weaker at all is hard to say, but there are in movie statements that imply it, so to call out people for saying he got weaker and acting like it is coming out of nowhere is kind of disengenous.

I've seen the movie twice and I don't remember Tony using that wording. From what I remember it was more Thor's mental state being the reason they didn't want him near the gauntlet, not because he was too weak.

^^This is how I remember it as well.

#19 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18511 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel said:
@alextheboss said:

I was paraphrasing. Tony said something along the lines of he wasn't what he used to be, but he didn't say anything about it being because Thor was fat. That was Rocket that implied it right after.

#20 Posted by incursion2 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH I dont think Thor was really nerfed he was just less agile and out of shape, he still had his strength and lightning.

#21 Posted by Thedailybagel (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal said:
@thedailybagel said:
@alextheboss said:

I was paraphrasing. Tony said something along the lines of he wasn't what he used to be, but he didn't say anything about it being because Thor was fat. That was Rocket that implied it right after.

What Rocket said was a joke intended for laughs and not something to be taken seriously. . I mean they didn't go "OH SHIT THOR STOP" because he was weak it was because they didn't want someone so clearly unstable anywhere near the gauntlet.

#23 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16532 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss said:
@indomitableregal said:
@thedailybagel said:
@alextheboss said:

What Rocket said was a joke intended for laughs and not something to be taken seriously. . I mean they didn't go "OH SHIT THOR STOP" because he was weak it was because they didn't want someone so clearly unstable anywhere near the gauntlet.

This. It wasn't even Rocket who made the joke actually, it was War Machine. And your paraphrase creates a big difference in implication. You're using it to support Thor being nerfed, but Tony's words were "You're in no condition", and that was in reference to Thor's mental state at the time (hence why everyone rushed to stop him).

#24 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@diesani: You know he was moving slower than Cap and Black Panther in the final battle, right? Even Okoye was moving faster than him.

Cap also outperformed him repeatedly and gave Thanos a better fight than he did.

OT: Thor in a great fight.

#25 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18511 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel said:

This. It wasn't even Rocket who made the joke actually, it was War Machine. And your paraphrase creates a big difference in implication. You're using it to support Thor being nerfed, but Tony's words were "You're in no condition", and that was in reference to Thor's mental state at the time (hence why everyone rushed to stop him).

But him being in no condition followed by the cheese whiz joke make it sound like it is implied it is due to his strength. Like I said, I wouldn't call it definite proof, I'm just saying the people who say Thor got weaker aren't getting it out of nowhere.

#26 Posted by miekskywalker (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: They didn't let thor use the gauntlet because he would die just like everyone else apart from hulk.

Confirmed by Russo

#27 Posted by Thedailybagel (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss:

cheese whiz joke make it sound like it is implied it is due to his strength

... It was obviously a throwaway joke referencing Thor being fat. I have no idea how your managing to turn that into an elaborate point about Thor being weaker...

#28 Posted by Crunch5481 (1368 posts) - - Show Bio

??? The directors themselves have come out and explained that the ONLY reason Thor was able to hit Thanos with SB in IW, was because he ambushed an off-guard Thanos. That's it. Thor is well below Thanos. Thanos wins without much difficulty, he was stomping Thor in EG and losing the extra weight isn't making up the difference nearly enough.

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
#29 Edited by MCU-Defender333 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn said:

@diesani: You know he was moving slower than Cap and Black Panther in the final battle, right? Even Okoye was moving faster than him.

Cap also outperformed him repeatedly and gave Thanos a better fight than he did.

OT: Thor in a great fight.

Absolutely right.

@incursion2 said:

TBH I dont think Thor was really nerfed he was just less agile and out of shape, he still had his strength and lightning.

All feats seem to suggest otherwise.

IW: wipes out hordes of monsters with one attack, blows through Thanos's invasion pods, overpowers a blast from a complete IG.

EG: produces lightning on a level comparable to Avengers 1 Thor (they were sparks compared to his IW attacks) and Cpt America with mjolnir was doing almost as well as him.

I don't care if he's Asgardian, I don't care if his body is 90% cheese or not, his feats were not as impressive.

#30 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16532 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: That Cheese Wiz joke was more for humor than anything else. It was meant to poke fun at Thor being fat, not imply that he's weaker now. If you took it that way, fine, but even watching it back, there's no underlying message there.

@indomitableregal: They didn't let thor use the gauntlet because he would die just like everyone else apart from hulk.

Confirmed by Russo

The Russos should've just made it 4 hours lol. It's also stated that the IG gives off gamma radiation and Hulk was banking on being able to take it.

Feel free to provide a link to the Russo explanation.

#31 Posted by BOC (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people using Cap to justify Thor being nerfed? Cap had mjolnir and his og shield, he is clearly portrayed as the superior h2h combatant, and it seems that his strength was amped. Why wouldn't Cap do as good, if not better?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#32 Edited by SupremeGeneration (11962 posts) - - Show Bio

How many of the same freaking thread...

#33 Posted by PercyBender (394 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by solo788 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the amount of threads are just people trying to spam until most actual debaters stop posting and they finally have a majority thread where people agree with them. That being said even IF (which even if he was its slight at best) he was nerfed he was wielding both SB and Mjolnir so that would offset any "nerf" he received

Avatar image for deactivated-5ce31fd2abc3a
#35 Posted by deactivated-5ce31fd2abc3a (110 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: Just to clarify with Thor being nerfed, people apparently didn't want to post the full quote about EG Thor and the snap:

Why Iron Man has to be the one to do the final snap, couldn't the people like Thor, Star-Lord or Captain Marvel whom all previously have handled the power of Infinity Stones done it instead?

A: Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once. The reason we choose to let Iron Man do it in the end was because he was the closest one to Thanos at the time. In all the futures Doctor Strange foresee, Iron Man was the only one who could get close to Thanos and do the snap. People usually think the death of a hero is a horrible tragedy. But we think this is different. When his death was able to bring back hope, to save half of the universe, then his death was powerful and meaningful. We shouldn't feel too sad or angry about it.

They explicitly stated that in this movie Thor couldn't pull off the snap, not that IW Thor or a previous iteration of the character couldn't.

The Cap argument comes in two ways. First, him, Black Panther and even Okoye were moving faster than Thor in the charge towards Thanos' army. Second, I don't know about you but I'd say Thor, who has much more experience with hammers and similar tools would be more experienced than Cap.

#37 Posted by miekskywalker (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: http://www.appocalypse.co/entertainment/avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-q-and-a-faq/

Scroll down a little

#38 Edited by Lord_Titan_ (2794 posts) - - Show Bio

@melkorisbeatmod said:

He was not nerfed, its the same thor but with reduced stamina and skill, those lightning blasts are no joke

Honestly has thor ever had good striking feats without his hammer? The only time he had great striking feats is when he had lightning amped punches, its weird because he only did it once.

Thanos has reacted to stormbreaker and would have countered prime thor with his blade anyways, its not like thanos was ever weaker than thor

#39 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

If he plays it smart, Thor is just way too versatile, mobile and has excellent offensive tools. The thing is, Thor never really plays it smart, so Thanos could win.

#40 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was too powerful at that moment. Without stones Thanos stands no chance.

#41 Posted by Au_141 (1052 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would he fare any better here?

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
#42 Posted by melkorisbeatmod (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_titan_: yes im talking about Thor's physicality not his lightning

#43 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16532 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: http://www.appocalypse.co/entertainment/avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-q-and-a-faq/

Scroll down a little

Ah. Thanks. That doesn't change the argument here, but it's good to have the source.

#44 Posted by Noone1996 (12074 posts) - - Show Bio

When Tony said "you're in no condition" he was probably talking about Thor being drunk at the time. Why would you want a drunkard who is stumbling everywhere and slurring words to be the one handling this universal task? That's no evidence that he was talking about him being too fat and out of shape to handle the snap lmao.

#45 Posted by Lan_Fan (16036 posts) - - Show Bio

If he plays it smart, Thor is just way too versatile, mobile and has excellent offensive tools.

#46 Posted by Hollow_Point (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was definently physically nerfed. To all those saying that he has all of his physicality under his fat have clearly never been on the inside of a gym

#47 Edited by phillip33 (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps. Fat Thor wasn’t that nerf’d and had an extra weapon. This is rediculous. Thanos already tanked his lightning with no damage, so Thor would have to engage physically, and there he gets absolutely dominated again.

#48 Edited by phillip33 (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

@hollow_point: I work out daily, and every day I go to the gym the strongest dude in the room is also fat.

#49 Posted by rdskns4eva (273 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: See, I took that to mean mentally, he wasnt ready to wield the Gauntlet. He was so jacked up in the mind he could have done more damage than good.

I think he could have still handled the power of the gauntlet from a physical level.

#50 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18511 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdskns4eva: It's possible, I think it's hard to say for sure. I don't think their is a crazy difference, but if the two were to fight I would put my money on IW Thor over EG Thor.