EndGame Thanos vs DCEU Stephenwolf

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll EndGame Thanos vs DCEU Stephenwolf (234 votes)

Thanos 83%
Stepphenwolf 17%

-SW has his axe and Thanos has his sword

-battle in titan

-20m apart

-blood lusted

• 
RuthlessKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

Doesn't Steppenwolf have a big speed advantage? If yes, he wins. If no, possibly Thanos.

The dceu speed advantage is a very big myth. Thanos curbs

Daywalker88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times has this been done already?? It's the same results everytime. Thanos beats the crap out of wolf. Next

Tony501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s very close can go either way

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: thor is 1500 in the MCU Diana is 3000 so she has over a 1000 years of exp over thor.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Dr. Strange’s portals are holes surrounded by magic that close and cut things that are left inside. So if you can resist the magic circle it will just stuck on you like a tight ring. I wouldn’t call it a dimensional attack.

Drax jumped on Cull’s back and continuously stabbed him. He didn’t put Cull down but he was penatrating him, while he couldn’t make Thanos bleed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allhellkingdox said:

@batman242: thor is 1500 in the MCU Diana is 3000 so she has over a 1000 years of exp over thor.

800 actually via statements. Where you getting that number from?

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor is 1500 in the MCU Diana is 3000 so she has over a 1000 years of exp over thor.

Diana is actually said to be 5000. But only started training from about age 800 iirc. So even more than 1000 years exp over Thor.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rajjar: Jenkins said she wanted Diana to be 800 just to fit her mindset for the film, she didn't put much thought into that. Diana is as old as Themyscira considering Zeus created it and her on the same day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: Based on Diana's feats against DD, she's smarter than to just go in for CQC when she has other abilities and gear at her disposal, namely the bracelets that can disorient Thanos momentarily.

The Vibranium shield doesn't have any real durability feats due to it's inherent ability to absorb and sometimes redirect/deflect kinetic energy. I've always questioned how durable the metal is outside that ability and we never really see it. Diana's shield on the other hand has feats of durability against high tier characters and this leads to believe it would hold up well against a barrage from Thanos, given that she'd be too slow to maneuver out of the way.

Like I can concede your arguments on the shield, but when has that not been the case? The only way of evaluating the shield's durability is through the shield's kinetic abilities, since it is an intrinsic property of the shield. That's because all attacks that happen between the involved characters involve the usage of kinetic energy that the shield has feats against. I don't think it comes down to something like

No Caption Provided

Otherwise, I have a featless shield, which isn't exactly useful in debate nor true to its on-screen durability. Piercing attacks by BP's vibranium claws prove that the shield independently tanks physical damage from the impacts it receives, outside of its ability to do such things with kinetic energy. Otherwise, if its durability was completely tied to said unique ability, it would not have taken damage, as BP's claw's pressure onto the shield was infinitesimally small compared to the other impacts it tanked.

Are we operating under split durability here? Because if we aren't, then I would immediately agree with your point about Diana's shield.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jenkins said she wanted Diana to be 800 just to fit her mindset for the film, she didn't put much thought into that. Diana is as old as Themyscira considering Zeus created it and her on the same day.

From what I recall, Snyder said that Diana was 5,000 by the time BvS took place. And Jenkins said that Diana was 800 in her solo film, in reference to the child years of Diana. Correct me if I'm wrong.

FirstFirmament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, wins only due to durability.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MethoKi

@boc: I seem to recall Zack saying 5,000 years, but I don't think he said anything about her present day age. Patty however did say that Diana was 800 in her solo film making about 900 by the time she's in BvS , according to Jenkins only, anyway.

The War of the Gods, creation of Themyscira and Diana being born all happened on the same day. It would simply make more sense that the Old Gods died out in the B.C. era than in the year 1200. Nobody in current day DCEU worships them despite there being so many people recording history around that time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@rajjar: Jenkins said she wanted Diana to be 800 just to fit her mindset for the film, she didn't put much thought into that. Diana is as old as Themyscira considering Zeus created it and her on the same day.

@batman242 said:

@boc: I seem to recall Zack saying 5,000 years, but I don't think he said anything about her present day age. Patty however did say that Diana was 800 in her solo film making about 900 by the time she's in BvS , according to Jenkins only, anyway.

The War of the Gods, creation of Themyscira and Diana being born all happened on the same day. It would simply make more sense that the Old Gods died out in the B.C. era than in the year 1200. Nobody in current day DCEU worships them despite there being so many people recording history around that time.

?

Do we know that for sure, though? Hippolyta said, "I begged Zeus to give you life." which might be a lie, I don't know. But Diana was still a tiny child even when they published the big battle. What I can objectively confirm, is that Diana is not older than the reception of the Godkiller sword. Otherwise, he wouldn't have "left the weapon," which we both know is the "one strong enough to kill a god," the god being Ares, the weapon being Diana. Ares confirms her real meaning during "Zeus left the daughter he had with the Queen of the Amazons as a weapon to use against me.". All of this happened after because of the fact

Hippolyta: "With Zeus’ dying breath, he created this island to shield us from the outside world. Somewhere Ares could not find us."

Antiope: But in the event he did, Zeus left us a weapon, one powerful enough to kill a God... to destroy Ares before he could destroy mankind... and us... with an endless war.

Themyscira is far older than Diana's birth. Themyscira was created after the corruption of man.

@batman242 said:

@boc: Nobody in current day DCEU worships them despite there being so many people recording history around that time.

Did anyone in B.C. DCEU worship them besides the Greeks? No one is actively observing Olympus, and the War of the Gods was simply a sword duel and TK, mixed up with Zeus firing a whole bunch of lightning bolts at Ares. They could have just thought that it was a natural disaster or something on that lines. It's the same reason all the things that really happened with the DCEU Olympians is actually not in Greek religious canon. Diana encountered this once, and immediately was alarmed by it - Lex was badmouthing Zeus about how he punished Prometheus. The rest is flashback material in WW and JL, of which 0% actually constitutes any part of Greek mythology. The amount of contradictions we do see are astonishing, which downplays the value of putting this canon in context of real life observations of godly activities, given that there were no recordings whatsoever of the observations that did happen in the flashbacks in WW and JL.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@mrtrey said:

@redshift_bacon: Steppenwolf can catch arrows from superhuman Amazons/hellfire missiles and can casually break a giant stone pillar underwater where drag force makes that massively more impressive, he's better than Thanos with and without scaling.

Thanos matches and exceeds Steppenwolf using Scaling

Thanos easily catches Loki's attack, who is capable of preforming similar Arrow-Catching Feats, he is also able to tag and Out-Speed Iron Man who dodges missiles

Thanos exceeds Steppenwolf's Speed using Feats Only:

Blocking Repulsor Beams that move Faster than Sound

Blocks Scarlet Witch's Beams, which reach him within 2 Frames

Strength Too:

Requires both of Captain Marvel's Arms just to hold Thanos's Hand open

In 10Strikes He defeats the Hulk, whos Durability far exceeds any stone Pillar

Is able to KO Black Panther in a suit that Absorbs Kinetic Energy

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Shinne

@alextheboss: I'm kinda confused here, any type of portal closing attack should be a form of dimensional cutting, otherwise what would happen if Strange just deplete his magic altogether? Getting your hand stuck in the ring doesn't make a whole of sense, since who is now supplying the portal with magic if not Strange himself?

Okay, I think now I remember Drax stabbing Cull, even though I'm not sure if Cull himself has an impressive durability feats. He did get completely obliterated by building level attack (Ant-Man's stomp). I feel like past Black Order are weaker than their future self... Like Corvus getting stabbed by Okoye/? She didn't even cheap shot Corvus.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos Curbstomps

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@lan_fan: The Portals are capable of cutting Cull Obsidian but are unable to cut Thanos. Its pretty simple to me. Its not a Dimensional or Magical resistance, it is a physical one. The directors stated "Thanos's skin is nearly impenetrable"

He no-shows bullets, Drax's Dagger, Catch's Strange's Sword, Catches Iron Man's Sword, ect. ect. ect.

Thanos's piercing durability is by far the strongest in the MCU, and its not even close. Claiming he has no piercing durability feats is like claiming water isn't wet.

Isn't Diana's sword made out of Conventional materials, and whats special about it is its Magical Properties..?

So if Thanos No-Shows a sword made of Conventional Materials, then No-Showed a Magical Sword, wouldn't that mean he has feats that suggest he could be capable of No-Showing a Conventional Sword that is Magically Enchanted..?

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By nn5

@ruthlesskiller:

Why? I thought that speed advantage at least for Superman and (to lesser extent) WW is clear (and Steppenwolf should be on that level scaling from WW).

(I'm not saying it's not true. I'm actually happy that Thanos may have a chance to win, but I don't know MCU feats that are comparable to reacting to bullets).

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Shinne

@redshift_bacon: You're not answering my question. If Strange simply depleted his magic altogether, what would happen? There'd nothing powering the portal, so it'd vanish while Thanos' limbs are still on the other side of the portal. You're suggesting that Thanos can power the portal with something to prevent it from vanishing to somehow get himself out? Doesn't make sense in the slightest, but again it's The Russos, so I'm not expecting any logical explanation from them. People should be asking these type of questions to MCU's science consultants, they're the ones working on these kind of stuffs, otherwise you'd get the same bullshit as 3 million tons Leviathan, which is clearly false going by on screen showing.

None of the stuffs you mentioned afterwards matches Steppenwolf's axe which slashed through a large boulder like it was made of butter, and none of them can swing those piercing weapons as hard as Steppenwolf can. There's no point questioning whether Diana's sword is amped by magic, or not as it doesn't really matter.

So if Thanos No-Shows a sword made of Conventional Materials, then No-Showed a Magical Sword, wouldn't that mean he has feats that suggest he could be capable of No-Showing a Conventional Sword that is Magically Enchanted..?

Yes, as long as the weapon in the scenario has worse or equal feats to the one Thanos non sold.

I'm not arguing that magical properties require different type of durability to conventional weapons, I'm talking about dimensional cutting which is what's impressive about portal cutting to begin with. To me, space stones can counter this type of stuffs with ease, so it made sense to me that Strange didn't even attempt to do it, but this explanation doesn't make sense at all.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steppenwolf one shots easily. The MCU wank has reached new levels

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times has this been done already?? It's the same results everytime. Thanos beats the crap out of wolf. Next

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@redshift_bacon: You're not answering my question. If Strange simply depleted his magic altogether, what would happen?

You didn't even ask me that question yet though lmao. Nobody knows if Strange can deplete his Magic in the MCU, we haven't seen his magical, erm stamina(?) limit. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means its irrelevant to the conversation.

Thanos can power the portal himself to get himself out?

What..? The Portals Dr. Strange uses are made of Eldritch Magic, described as Hard-Light. - Straight from the Dr. Strange Movie. If the Hard-Light is incapable of "slicing through" an object, it simply cannot do so. We already saw Thanos literally catch Dr. Strange's Eldritch Sword with his Bare Hand while Blinded by Spidey-Web. Its pretty obvious why a Portal made using Hard-Light wouldn't be able to cut through Thanos.

None of the stuffs you mentioned afterwards matches Steppenwolf's axe which slashed through a large boulder like it was made of butter, and none of them can swing those piercing weapons as hard as Steppenwolf can. There's no point questioning whether Diana's sword is amped by magic, or not as it doesn't really matter.

Iron Man's Vibranium Sword..? A Magical Eldritch Sword made of Light, which Eldritch Magic has been shown piercing Cull Obsidian as well as boulders easily..? Lmao. Regardless, Thor has more than enough feats to prove that his physical strength is comparable if not greater than Steppenwolf's, yet Thanos easily blocked Stormbreaker and Disarmed Thor when Thanos was serious, and equipped with his own powerful Sword.

BTW, it actually does matter if her sword is amped by Magic, because we clearly saw that Thanos was uneffected by Magical blades. So if Thanos does have Magical Resistance, and Thanos has shown otherwise Equal (actually superior) durability to Steppenwolf, then its self-evident that a sword slash that bounced off of Steppenwolf would do the same thing to Thanos.

Yes, as long as the weapon in the scenario has worse or equal feats to the one Thanos non sold.

Well Thanos No-Sold an Unenchanted Vibranium Sword, Blades made of Conventional Materials, and blades made of literal Magic. Not sure what great feat Wonder Woman's sword has, I mean it bounced off of Steppenwolf. Beyond that, Cutting Doomsday..? Yet, Doomsday as a Kryptonian is naturally completely unresistant to Magical weapons and effects, Whereas Thanos No-Sold a Magical Sword... soooo

I'm not arguing that magical properties require different type of durability to conventional weapons, I'm talking about dimensional cutting which is what's impressive about portal cutting to begin with. To me, space stones can counter this type of stuffs with ease, so it made sense to me that Strange didn't even attempt to do it, but this explanation doesn't make sense at all.

Now I understand the argument you were making at first, and your argument does make more sense. However, the argument provided by others does have merit as well due to the nature of Portals and Magic in the MCU. The Portals are Eldritch Magic. Eldritch Magic is Hard-Light. Therefor, the Perimeter of the Barrier is Hard-Light, and, assuming all things normal, the Perimeter of the Portal should be unable to Pierce Thanos's skin, as an Eldritch Sword was also unable to do so. So, I guess either argument does make sense, but it is up to Viewer interpretation to say which one you believe. Neither can be proved or disproved without Author's Intent.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daywalker88 said:

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: got feats to back that up or just more Scaling, mr "MCU Wank"..?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon:

You didn't even ask me that question yet though lmao. Nobody knows if Strange can deplete his Magic in the MCU, we haven't seen his magical, erm stamina(?) limit. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means its irrelevant to the conversation.

I meant depleting his magic that's powering the portal at the moment. The portal would disappear while the parts of Thanos was still on the other side.

What..? The Portals Dr. Strange uses are made of Eldritch Magic, described as Hard-Light. - Straight from the Dr. Strange Movie. If the Hard-Light is incapable of "slicing through" an object, it simply cannot do so. We already saw Thanos literally catch Dr. Strange's Eldritch Sword with his Bare Hand while Blinded by Spidey-Web. Its pretty obvious why a Portal made using Hard-Light wouldn't be able to cut through Thanos.

That's the sword though, and the whiplash, I believe. Even if the portal came from the same magic, that is not what's deadly about getting stuck in a closing portal. It's the fact that you're at 2 places at once and now what's preventing you from getting split in half (the portal) is about to disappear.

Iron Man's Vibranium Sword..? A Magical Eldritch Sword made of Light, which Eldritch Magic has been shown piercing Cull Obsidian as well as boulders easily..? Lmao. Regardless, Thor has more than enough feats to prove that his physical strength is comparable if not greater than Steppenwolf's, yet Thanos easily blocked Stormbreaker and Disarmed Thor when Thanos was serious, and equipped with his own powerful Sword.

Yes, none of those weapons are as sharp as Steppenwolf's axe. Where did Strange's sword cut through anything? This shouldn't be equalized to the portal closing. Iron Man's sword is also featless, plus it looked like a stabbing weapon more than slashing, and Iron Man couldn't land a hit on Thanos.

Thor pierced through Thanos, and so would Steppenwolf, but Thor was not fast enough. The same can't be said to Steppenwolf who matched Wonder Woman and Aquaman in a sword fight. I'd argue that even Fat Thor should've beaten Thanos alone if he had used all of his powers properly, but that's a story for another day.

Well Thanos No-Sold an Unenchanted Vibranium Sword, Blades made of Conventional Materials, and blades made of literal Magic. Not sure what great feat Wonder Woman's sword has, I mean it bounced off of Steppenwolf. Beyond that, Cutting Doomsday..? Yet, Doomsday as a Kryptonian is naturally completely unresistant to Magical weapons and effects, Whereas Thanos No-Sold a Magical Sword... soooo

A weapon amped by magic doesn't negate Kryptonians durability. That's not how it works, there's no split durability between that and conventional weapons. There's no proof that DCEU Kryptonians are weak to magic. Even in the comic, that's not how it works, Black Adam's stats is amped by magic, yes? Does that mean, Superman has normal human durability when Black Adam punches him? No.

Steppenwolf's armor is simply more piercing resistant than Doomsday, that's all there is.

Now I understand the argument you were making at first, and your argument does make more sense. However, the argument provided by others does have merit as well due to the nature of Portals and Magic in the MCU. The Portals are Eldritch Magic. Eldritch Magic is Hard-Light. Therefor, the Perimeter of the Barrier is Hard-Light, and, assuming all things normal, the Perimeter of the Portal should be unable to Pierce Thanos's skin, as an Eldritch Sword was also unable to do so. So, I guess either argument does make sense, but it is up to Viewer interpretation to say which one you believe. Neither can be proved or disproved without Author's Intent.

Yes, it is true that the magic came from the same place, but doesn't mean they'd behave the exact same way. Whether it's a shield, whiplash, or sword... They all behave in different ways. One is sharp, one is flexible, etc. The nature of a portal closing should be dimensional cutting, theoretically.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

I'm kinda confused here, any type of portal closing attack should be a form of dimensional cutting, otherwise what would happen if Strange just deplete his magic altogether? Getting your hand stuck in the ring doesn't make a whole of sense, since who is now supplying the portal with magic if not Strange himself?

It's possible the ring would just keep trying to close until his arm was removed. It's just a magical door to another space, and it activates by opening and closing, I don't think a ring has ever disappeared without closing. So it's like trying to close a door on an object, if the object is too durable the door can't close. Strange not being able to beat Thanos in over 14 million possibilities and the Russo's statement backs this up. Even if we consider it a dimension cutting technique, I guess that means Thanos has dimension cutting durability, which I don't think is the case.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps easily

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: I'm not sure, so the portal would stay open if something stuck, even though Strange who was powering the portal stopped imbuing magic to it?

Strange has 0 way to beat Thanos with 4 gems, especially with space stones. I can understand that part. Base Thanos though, is a different story.

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos godstomps

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: @redshift_bacon: I can respect the idea that the portal thing isn't dimensional cutting, but I can't say that I fully buy that idea.

Also, the only thing the portal has cut through is Cull, which I believe is never that impressive to begin with. So, I don't think this is helping Thanos' case by much. If anything, this is a bad news for future MCU Dr. Strange debate, but again, I don't fully buy that idea.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 death4bunnies  Moderator

@lan_fan:

I made the gif just for you.

When I made it I noticed Cull had ahold of Korg; dam so much was going on in that scene.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Thank you ^-^

I honestly still can't tell if he managed to get a clean stab or not, but thank you nonetheless.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 death4bunnies  Moderator

@lan_fan said:

@death4bunnies: Thank you ^-^

I honestly still can't tell if he managed to get a clean stab or not, but thank you nonetheless.

No problem.

He was holding on with the first stab, then stabbing with his other hand.

I don't think he would of stayed on Culls back if the first stab didnt penetrate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins but Steppenwolf is extremely underrated

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@lan_fan: i think if Strange stopped imbuing the portal with magic, it would attempt to close until restricted. If Strange was somehow killed with an open portal, it would just immediately close unless restricted. Culls durability is comparable to Hulks as far as we can tell. He actually did better against an upgraded Hulkbuster suit than Hulk did.

Eldritch Sword, while technically featless, is still completely neged by Thanos, who also kicks through a Hard-Light barrier. The Hard-Light constructs are consistently shown with high-level durability, such as blocking Energy attacks from Dormammu.

Saying that Fat Thor could win against Thanos is laughable. We literally watched Thanos nearly kill Him, Iron Man, and Worthy Cap simutaniously. If thats not Proof that Thanos is the definitive MCU teambuster, I dont know what is.

The director of Infinity War said himself, and I quote, “I think the Avengers on Titan wouldve been very disappointed if they managed to somehow get the gauntlet off, just to lose to Thanos without the Gauntlet anyways” thats Iron Man, Dr Strange, Spider Man, and the GotG combined lol.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SW

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard time convincing me Stephen doesn't get dragged here.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon:

Eldritch Sword, while technically featless, is still completely neged by Thanos, who also kicks through a Hard-Light barrier. The Hard-Light constructs are consistently shown with high-level durability, such as blocking Energy attacks from Dormammu.

Ehh... Didn't Kaecilius break Dr. Strange's shield? The dude that only harnessed Dormammu's power. I'm pretty sure Dormammu could one-shot the shield any time he wants.

Saying that Fat Thor could win against Thanos is laughable. We literally watched Thanos nearly kill Him, Iron Man, and Worthy Cap simutaniously. If thats not Proof that Thanos is the definitive MCU teambuster, I dont know what is.

Thor didn't use all of his abilities against Thanos, which is dumb on his part. He was nerfed into oblivion into a guy with a very sharp axe. Feat wise, I'm pretty sure Thor could beat Thanos with lightning cloak, lightning strike, flight, etc.

The director of Infinity War said himself, and I quote, “I think the Avengers on Titan wouldve been very disappointed if they managed to somehow get the gauntlet off, just to lose to Thanos without the Gauntlet anyways” thats Iron Man, Dr Strange, Spider Man, and the GotG combined lol.

But we don't know how... What if Strange simply BFR'd base Thanos to the sun, or space? The director's opinion is pretty irrelevant in these kind of cases. Hey, they're the same director that nerfed all of Thor's abilities just so Thanos could stomp him, so I'm not surprised.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos slaughters

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By BalancedTruth
jaakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos decapitates him.

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
melkorisbeatmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has the better timing feats

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@lan_fan said:

Ehh... Didn't Kaecilius break Dr. Strange's shield? The dude that only harnessed Dormammu's power. I'm pretty sure Dormammu could one-shot the shield any time he wants.

But Dormammu didn't lol. Kaecilius broke a vastly pre-prime version of Dr. Strange's shield. Directors statements put Dr. Strange in IW with hundreds, if not thousands of years experience, due to utilizing the Time Stone to reset time against Dormammu. He basically Power-Leveled against Dormammu for centuries.

Thor didn't use all of his abilities against Thanos, which is dumb on his part. He was nerfed into oblivion into a guy with a very sharp axe. Feat wise, I'm pretty sure Thor could beat Thanos with lightning cloak, lightning strike, flight, etc.

Thors abilities were shown on Thanos. Thanos ate a full-powered blast from Thor's Lightning twice via Cap, plus deflected Thors lightning. Thor was not nerfed, Thanos just made him seem weak because Thanos was dead serious about destroying the Universe. Thanos disarmed Thor and nearly killed him with his own Weapon. It is clear that Base Thanos > Endgame Thor. Would Thanos beat IW Thor..? Thats another story, but I think still yes. I doubt there are any characters in the MCU, bar Celestials, Dormammu, FP Surter or *Maybe* Captain Marvel who could defeat Thanos in a random encounter.

But we don't know how... What if Strange simply BFR'd base Thanos to the sun, or space? The director's opinion is pretty irrelevant in these kind of cases. Hey, they're the same director that nerfed all of Thor's abilities just so Thanos could stomp him, so I'm not surprised.

How isn't really that Important though. If Strange could have BFR'd Base Thanos to the Sun or Space, he would have done so in one of the 14,000,000+ realities. Yet in all 14 million realities, Thanos came out on top. The Directors opinion is incredibly Relevant in these cases, because the Directors know the characters and their abilities far better than any audience member could hope to do.

Again, Thor was not Nerfed. His abilities were not nerfed. Thor fought Thanos and he lost. Thor fought Thanos with help and he Lost. That is a fact, Accept It. Base Thanos is far above any unamped mortal character in the MCU.