Endgame Thanos vs a Nuclear Warhead

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Endgame Thanos vs a Nuclear Warhead (62 votes)

He reduced to atom 27%
He gets blown up to smithereens 15%
KTFO 18%
Small concussion/minor injuries 23%
Unfazed/No-sells it 18%

Thanos replaces pre-nuke Doomsday

He gets armour

Supes take him to space for the Government to have a clean shot nuking him.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That photo..

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Judging from his performance against the likes of Thor and Captain Marvel I can't imagine a nuke would kill him

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

I'm gonna be generous with purple puss and say he gets K.O.'d. But even that's stretching it.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He dies more than likely, also that is one hot pic

Supermod111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is

No Caption Provided
SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he dies, nothing suggest he can survive 100 million fahrenheit

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He dies

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That photo tho

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah people claiming he dies should be reminded that he took two snaps which bust uru that took sokovia which was already equal to a nuclear explosion

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Thanos surviving even if horribly burned. He performed two snaps (one detonated all six stones while he wore them) and could still move every limb, albeit slower. But hey, it's still surviving even if he's near death. Even after two snaps he could tank Captain Marvel's attacks so he could take even more than two snaps. Whether he'll be very functional is another debate.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder:

"Yeah people claiming he dies should be reminded that he took two snaps which bust uru that took sokovia which was already equal to a nuclear explosion"

In what way did a snap bust Uru?

Some leaps of logic going on here.

Feats for him surviving 150million degrees Fahrenheit? He doesn't have any.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RBT

Radiation could kill him. Or the heat. He can take the concussive blast though.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the nuke stronger than the direct Solarbeam Thor got blasted with from the Neutron Star in Infinity War?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is the nuke stronger than the direct Solarbeam Thor got blasted with from the Neutron Star in Infinity War?

Thor died from that so it would be hard to scale to Thanos. It only has better heat than a nuke.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think he survives, but is a bit injured.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: @waking_dreamer:

"Is the nuke stronger than the direct Solarbeam Thor got blasted with from the Neutron Star in Infinity War?"

Depends what you mean by 'stronger' in terms of total radiation the Sun Blast is stronger. In terms of concussive force and heat the nuke is stronger (a nuke being about 6-10 times hotter than the core of the Sun).

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinevisitor: did you not watch IW. The gauntlet was burnt up. Mijolnr was unscathed after sokovia

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinevisitor:

a nuke reaches that ridiculous temperature for a fraction of a second not like it maintains that temperature for the whole thing. Thor's star feat is better, it concentrated beam while a nuke is omni-directional. if you scale Thanos from Thor then he survives.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DivineVisitor

@johndeyvido:

"a nuke reaches that ridiculous temperature for a fraction of a second not like it maintains that temperature for the whole thing. Thor's star feat is better, it concentrated beam while a nuke is omni-directional. if you scale Thanos from Thor then he survives."

We don't scale Thanos's heat resistance from Thor. They are different races with different bodies with different strengths and weaknesses.

Even if we did Thor is exposed to temperatures as much as 16,666 times less than the nuke. A fraction of a second would be all that's needed when talking about such huge differences.

As stated Thor's star feat is better from a perspective of the amount of radiation he withstood but the Nuke wins out on concussive force and heat.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bayman007

He's toast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos dies.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Johndeyvido

@divinevisitor:

I'll love to see how you arrived at your calculations. I mean the 16,666 times less than the temperature of a nuke.

Heat vision from dceu kryptonians is 5500°C hot and can hurt them so the only reason that they can survive being exposed to 100,000,000° C temperature is if it is too brief like how people survive lightning strikes despite lightning temperature reaching as hot as 50k°F because a lightning strikes usually lasts for a few microseconds.

Fluryfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still has the greatest heat resistance feat in CBM history.

Thanos dies here

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obligatory: that pic, tho.

On topic: Thanos barely survives, if he’s lucky.

King789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos will be fine.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

"I'll love to see how you arrived at your calculations. I mean the 16,666 times less than the temperature of a nuke."

Sure thing my friend. First off just to clarify i said;

"as much as 16,666 times less than the nuke"

by this i mean the absolute lowest estimation (and was off the top of my head at work) which is judged by the colour of the light being emitted. This would put the surface temperature around the 8,540.33°F (5,000°K region) if you were standing on the surface of the star.

150,000,000°F / 8,540.33°F = 17,563.72 times less

On the higher estimation the temperature on the surface of your typical Neutron Star has been stated to be 1,079,540.33°F (600,000°K).

150,000,000°F / 1,079,540.33°F = 138.95 times less

These are assuming Thor is standing on the surface of the Star however; obviously this is not the case however i don't know how much the temperature would drop on the surface vs say a number of meters away from the surface. Could be a lot, could be negligible. I would need to find some research on it.

"Heat vision from dceu kryptonians is 5500°C hot and can hurt them so the only reason that they can survive being exposed to 100,000,000° C temperature is if it is too brief"

They seem pretty resistant to it to be fair, can't remember any Kryptonian suffering any lasting effects such as their skin being burned etc from Heat Vision. They also have to be capable of withstanding such temperatures pretty easily given that they are capable of firing that heat out of there eyeballs. Happy to be corrected however.

"like how people survive lightning strikes despite lightning temperature reaching as hot as 50k°F because a lightning strikes usually lasts for a few microseconds."

Lightning strikes are also only about the length of a pencil and tend to quickly run through a persons body and out the other side. If someone was struck by a lightning bolt that covered every centimetre of their entire body there is no way they are surviving no matter how short it lasts. At the epicenter of a nuke your entire body will be exposed to the heat.

As far as i recall regarding Thanos the hottest he has been exposed to was lightning from Thor and Cap. Lightning which is about 3,000 times less heat-wise than what are comparing it to and didn't cover his entire body.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DivineVisitor

@darkthunder:

"did you not watch IW. The gauntlet was burnt up. Mijolnr was unscathed after sokovia"

Couldn't recall but you are correct the Gauntlet was damaged, though i wouldn't say it 'bust' it as i would associate that word with being destroyed. However it was not damaged by being heated to 150,000,000°F temperatures otherwise Iron Man would have been killed instantly.

By leaps of logic i am meaning that you can't really compare the snap's effect on things/Sokovia to being capable of surviving 150,000,000°F

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s fine

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rajjarsalt

He tanked the surge that was burning Hulk's arm. Said surge would naturally fuck up Thor and scale above the star feat.

AKA the snap is the best durability feat in the MCU.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rajjarsalt

@divinevisitor: 150m F is nigh instantaneous temperature release, like Flashtime tier temp increase, which is like nearly negligible, and it's a space nuke, don't forget. We can't assume like this 150m F thermal radiation sort of ting is the case for nukes for a significant amount of time, otherwise you'd be seeing alot more vaprization at ground zero.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KO'ed like Superman. By scaling to Thor he should be more durable than Clark tho.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rajjarsalt

@divinevisitor

Some evidence I brought up to back my point.

The initial fireball. The warhead would probably be detonated slightly more than a mile above the city, to maximize the damage created by its blast wave. Within a few tenths of millionths of a second after detonation, the center of the warhead would reach a temperature of roughly 200 million degrees Fahrenheit (about 100 million degrees Celsius), or about four to five times the temperature at the center of the sun.

A ball of superheated air would form, initiallly expanding outward at millions of miles per hour. It would act like a fast-moving piston on the surrounding air, compressing it at the edge of the fireball and creating a shockwave of vast size and power.

After one second, the fireball would be roughly a mile in diameter. It would have cooled from its initial temperature of many millions of degrees to about 16,000 degrees Fahrenheit, roughly 4,000 degrees hotter than the surface of the sun.

https://thebulletin.org/2015/02/what-would-happen-if-an-800-kiloton-nuclear-warhead-detonated-above-midtown-manhattan/

The star feat isn't about temperature alone, it's specific heat capacity. Uru melts at like 1800 C or something close to it iirc, but the energy to raise uru to that temperature is monstrous. You can't just hit it with a 1800 C heated plasma rod and expect it to melt. That's just not how latent heat works..

Independently, Thor's feat is much better than standing on the surface because a dyson sphere would be collecting the star's surface output (which is a reasonable interpretation of full force, amirite) and transporting it on/through him. Or, you can take it literally as "the heart of a dying star" being from the core, and that would make it god-tier.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@lilbroomstick: Thor did not die, you have no proof. SB or Mjolnir have zero feats to show they reanimated the dead.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

"He tanked the surge that was burning Hulk's arm. Said surge would naturally fuck up Thor and scale above the star feat.

AKA the snap is the best durability feat in the MCU."

The snap appears to effect everyone equally regardless of their 'durability'. It's not something that can really be used in comparison with surviving the temperatures involved in Thor's star feat or surviving a nuke.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Big ded

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DivineVisitor

@darkthunder said:

@divinevisitor: iron man wasn't in the epicenter.

Mijolnr was.

Im talking about when he used the Infinity Stones and Sokovia Explosion is still not reaching nuke temperatures.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinevisitor: so an explosion that vaporises a city is not nuke level?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ganon15

He, at the very least, gets cooked like how he was shown in the beginning of Endgame

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@odin619360 said:

@lilbroomstick: Thor did not die, you have no proof. SB or Mjolnir have zero feats to show they reanimated the dead.

It's funny how you say I have no proof when what you said shows you know exactly how he got revived. It's implied that Stormbreaker brought him back to life. Thor was burnt to a crisp, fell on the ground, and closed his eyes after few seconds of taking heat. The Eitri was rushing to make Stormbreaker probably because he knew it could save Thor. Thor starts moving only after Stormbreaker is created and quickly comes to Wakanda looking unscathed.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DivineVisitor

@darkthunder:

"so an explosion that vaporises a city is not nuke level?"

That is not what i said, i said Sokovoa isn't reaching nuke temperatures. The reason a nuke has the high temperatures it does is because of the reaction taking place. In terms of force required to shatter Sokovia (which isn't really a 'city') the way it was then yes Sokovia was subjected to more than that released by the nuke that was used in BvS. There are different factors involved in explosions. Not all of them are equal.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder:

"hmm good point but he still tanked lightning"

He sure did and fairly comfortably by the looks of things.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rajjarsalt

@divinevisitor said:

@rajjarsalt:

"He tanked the surge that was burning Hulk's arm. Said surge would naturally fuck up Thor and scale above the star feat.

AKA the snap is the best durability feat in the MCU."

The snap appears to effect everyone equally regardless of their 'durability'. It's not something that can really be used in comparison with surviving the temperatures involved in Thor's star feat or surviving a nuke.

I disagree.

The surge burned Hulk. It didn't burn Thanos.

First snap took out the majority of Hulk's right arm muscle mass. It didn't do that to Thanos.

The iron man snap was beyond Thor's ability to survive, and that was confirmed.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TonyStark6999
DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DivineVisitor

@darkthunder:

"so you agree he can take a nuke?"

Honestly? No. I think even if its only for a fraction of a second it will cause enough damage to kill them pretty much instantly.

The difference between something leaving you with 3rd degree burns over 1 minute and something leaving 3rd degree burns instantaneously tends to be when the temperature is increased by a factor of about x1.5.

If we were to apply that to the theoretical temperatures Thor was exposed to we get the following results:

8,540.33°F x 1.5 = 12,810.5°F (0.008% of that produced by the epicenter of a Nuke)

1,079,540.33°F x1.5 = 1,619,310.5° (1.07% of that produced by the epicenter of a Nuke)

In other words I reckon Thor would be given instantaneous 3rd degree burns over his entire body somewhere between 12,810.5°F - 1,618,310.5°F.

Now i tend to downplay things and take the lower results rather than always assuming the high ends as i don't like to highball and given that these temperature estimations are assuming that every inch of Thor's body is essentially in contact with the surface of the star i don't think it's reasonable to assume these numbers, the likelihood is they will be lower on both the lower and higher estimations. Not that it appears to matter with what were looking at here.

And that is not even accounting for the other effects of the nuke such as the decibels, concussive force, radiation etc.

I also wouldn't be comfortable applying Thor's feat to Thanos given they are a different species.

Keep in mind that absolutely nothing in the known universe can survive at the epicenter of a Nuclear explosion. It is pound for pound the second most devastating reaction in the known universe (first being an anti-matter reaction). It's no slight to suggest they wouldn't survive unless specifically shown to be capable of doing so.

@tonystark6999:

"Lol at people talking about the heat of the nuke.

https://history.nasa.gov/conghand/nuclear.htm"

Only because there is nothing for the heat to transfer to in a vacuum. If there is something at the epicenter of the explosion however it will be transferred. Nukes are theoretically capable of destroying asteroids depending on their size.

Not to mention the Nuke in BvS clearly exploded and created an enormous fireball above Gotham. Either its low enough to allow this to happen or the VR team screwed the pooch, either way the intent is that they were hit by the Nuke.

No Caption Provided